Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:44:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How about an Axl autobiography
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How about an Axl autobiography  (Read 6411 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« on: May 30, 2007, 10:01:55 AM »

I know they'll be posts saying 1st a new album. But like a prvious blog stated if Axl could give another extended intervieww/ stories like he did on Eddie Trunk that would be interesting. I think he has enough for a great LA tell all book. David Lee Roth had the best one I feel. Very humerous and not afraid to dish dirt. Aerosmith and Motley were so so, to much bragging about  the drug past.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 10:06:05 AM »

there would be 14+yrs between chapters..................... rofl
on a serious note i rekon it would be cool....and very very interesting ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 10:12:03 AM »

well, I'd buy that.
would be worth every penny.

but I hope CD comes out soon for one reason...
the band/axl would be much more liberal about certain things.

I guess CD is a big burden, and takes away much of the energy,
I guess it's a lot of responsibility, and living up to the expectations is hard to cope with sometimes.

once this is all over, hopefully Axl might do a solo project, and relax from all the pressures of the industry and the fans.
I remember some 1990 interview where he said he might do some solo work...
(slash made a comment about it... like Axl was "I want the drummer from nirvana, the dude from NIN etc...etc)

I guess my world was a little sneak peak into that.
2 bad it didnt happen Smiley but after CD who knows?!

P,S, before someone makes a wise ass comment
yes, this is GNR, and no, it's not Axl's solo project.
his statement after VMA clearly illustrates that "How do you make a bunch of guys something that already was"....
and I guess his solo project would be much simpler thing, and much more relaxed,
since he wouldnt have to worry about any logistics/legacy/whatever.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 10:15:37 AM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 11:39:04 AM »

that would be the day!
but that day might never come Undecided
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 12:19:45 PM »

Didn't Axl say many years ago he was working on some stuff with Del James?  I know Del James is/has written the authorized GnR biography.  I assume Axl would probably collaborate with Del on an autobiography if he chose to write one. 
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 12:50:40 PM »

I would love an autobiography by Axl, he must have so many stories to tell.
AxlsSweetChild
Headliner

proof the band stands the test of time

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 05:30:51 PM »

would be a great read, for me at least. and i would love to hear little insight on how songs were written, what they were intended to mean, etc.

If you play My World backwards, Axl announces the release date for Chinese Democracy
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 06:50:29 PM »

I think it is pretty obvious based on the English used in his brief statements to his fans that Axl does not have the English language mastered.  It would be the most confusing thing ever.

"So then I was not going to inform the fans after I went to inform them only if they are informed previously."

Do we really need any more autobiographies from people who did not attend college.  He's a musician, he needs to go write some music.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 06:54:56 PM »

I think it is pretty obvious based on the English used in his brief statements to his fans that Axl does not have the English language mastered.  It would be the most confusing thing ever.

"So then I was not going to inform the fans after I went to inform them only if they are informed previously."

Do we really need any more autobiographies from people who did not attend college.  He's a musician, he needs to go write some music.

So in order to write an autobiography, you have to have either went to college or graduated from college?

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 06:59:45 PM »

I think it is pretty obvious based on the English used in his brief statements to his fans that Axl does not have the English language mastered.? It would be the most confusing thing ever.

Do we really need any more autobiographies from people who did not attend college.? He's a musician, he needs to go write some music.

So in order to write an autobiography, you have to have either went to college or graduated from college?

preferably, the ones who didnt tend to get ghost writers.  Do you honestly believe that Axl could really put all of his thoughts to paper and make in any bit coherent?  I dont.  Even his brief letters to fans are confusing and when he does interviews he tends not to be able to string together fully contiguous statements.  Im sorry, Lebron is a great basketball player, but I dont want to read his autobiography either. 
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 09:28:21 PM »

preferably, the ones who didnt tend to get ghost writers.  Do you honestly believe that Axl could really put all of his thoughts to paper and make in any bit coherent?  I dont.  Even his brief letters to fans are confusing and when he does interviews he tends not to be able to string together fully contiguous statements.  Im sorry, Lebron is a great basketball player, but I dont want to read his autobiography either. 

i certainly agree with your point, in fact i was just laughing at this dude in the airport i saw reading big papi's autobiography, but i actually think axl is pretty damn eloquent for someone who didn't go to college.  a far better writer than many people who did imo.  in addition (conspiracy theories about del james being axl's pseudonym aside Wink), i think with del james co-writing, you would end up with a pretty readable book.  at any rate, i think if it ever happens, it'll be quite a bit later on.
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 10:00:57 PM »

Yeah, something else he'll never finish.   Wink

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 01:47:46 AM »

P,S, before someone makes a wise ass comment
yes, this is GNR, and no, it's not Axl's solo project.
his statement after VMA clearly illustrates that "How do you make a bunch of guys something that already was"....
and I guess his solo project would be much simpler thing, and much more relaxed,
since he wouldnt have to worry about any logistics/legacy/whatever.

Do you happen to have that interview? I haven't seen it since it aired and any video online cuts out before either the end of the performance or before the credits roll with Kurt Loder interviewing Axl. The whole "It's been a long, long time." I'd really love to see that again.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 05:48:55 AM »

I think it is pretty obvious based on the English used in his brief statements to his fans that Axl does not have the English language mastered.? It would be the most confusing thing ever.

Do we really need any more autobiographies from people who did not attend college.? He's a musician, he needs to go write some music.

Someone who can play the piano with such skill as Axl does is obviously educated.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 11:45:01 AM »

Someone who can play the piano with such skill as Axl does is obviously educated.

Theres a difference between how musically educated he is and how grammatically educated he is.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 12:34:09 PM »

I doubt Axl would have the interest of patience to write one himself.? But he'd probably have Del James write it.

Honestly, all joking aside -- wouldn't it be fascinating to read a biography of Axl Rose written from the perspective of Del James??

It'd be like reading a biography of Indiana Jones as written by Short Round. 

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 01:34:55 PM »

preferably, the ones who didnt tend to get ghost writers.? Do you honestly believe that Axl could really put all of his thoughts to paper and make in any bit coherent?? I dont.? Even his brief letters to fans are confusing and when he does interviews he tends not to be able to string together fully contiguous statements.? Im sorry, Lebron is a great basketball player, but I dont want to read his autobiography either.?

Much as I hate to have to say this Axlrose4eva, but judging from your comments quoted above, I don't think that you are in any position to criticise Axl's use of the English language.

As far as interviews are concerned, I find Axl to be articulate, thoughtful and well-spoken.? However, he also appears highly sensitive and I doubt that an interview conducted under unfavourable conditions brings out the best in him for a number of reasons.? Nevertheless, when the conditions have been right I have read some excellent interviews with Axl, namely those conducted by Del James and Kim Neely in 1992, in which he has expressed his opinions in a forthright and lucid manner that I found perfectly easy to follow and understand.

Kim Neely had the following to say about interviewing him:
"But Rose can be a disarming -- and formidable -- conversationalist if you catch him at the right time. When he is relaxed, he seems to delight in the challenge an interview presents, and it is all but impossible to rattle him."

It's true that certain press statements released over the years by Axl have contained passages that I have had to read several times in order to fully comprehend the point he was making.? However, as this is also true of many literary works that I've read over the years, I don't consider this a failing on either Axl's or my part, but merely a difference in the way we choose to express ourselves.

Before I'm accused of believing that Axl is infallible, let me just add that I cannot remember word-for-word every comment he's uttered nor statement written, and there may well be times when he's said or written something that is not 100% grammatically correct.? But so what, he's only human.? My point is, that I believe that he is more than capable of penning his autobiography, should be wish to take up this challenge at some point in the future, and that I would be extremely happy to read it, if he did.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
axi rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 01:45:30 PM »

i think he's to reserved and secretive to write anything like an autobiography...

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 01:48:31 PM »

Maybe it will be the literary equivalent of My World. If so, then hell yeah!  ok

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
axi rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 01:50:42 PM »

Maybe it will be the literary equivalent of My World. If so, then hell yeah!

that could be scary  hihi

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: