Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:36:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 145874 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #740 on: February 02, 2008, 05:18:58 PM »

i'm picking the pats to win, still not sure about the point spread though. i'm leaning towards the giants plus the 12.

there is an argument to be made for the giants. i think that in the last month the giants have been playing better football than the pats. and the hotter team often wins when it comes to the playoffs in any sport.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #741 on: February 02, 2008, 07:12:28 PM »

Yeah, this guy is totally not credible.  He only worked in the Patriots video staff.  He certainly wouldn't know of any cheating done by videotaping.   rofl
You have got to be kidding me, this is rediculous!!

You actually believe this guy? He has no credibility whatsoever, I mean seriously c'mon why wait till now to say any damn thing? He got fired back in 2003, spygate happened back in September, and he waits till a few days before the super bowl to speak up  Roll Eyes

I seriously doubt he has anything that would be further damning to the Patriots organization, he probably doesn't have anything at all. Why say "I have evidence that puts the Patriots in bad light" and not provide anyone with that evidence? It's just utter bullshit to try and deminish what the New England Patriots are doing, and have done in the past. Everyone wants to hate on this team, because they win so much and break the hearts of fans of the 31 other teams.

Bottom line, spygate happened in the first half of game 1, they STILL won all these games and are undefeated without cheating. I'd say thats pretty good coaching, and pretty darn good playing by the team. Fuck all you haters  ok

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #742 on: February 02, 2008, 07:22:09 PM »

All U gamblers pay close attention

Take The Giants and the under

U can thank me later

Giants are getting 12pts and the over/under is 53.5

NE will win this game but its gonna be way more defensive than the regular season finale. Nerves,adrenaline etc will cause a low first half.

NE will win the super bowl but it will be 27-21

no worse than 31-21

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 10:19:58 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #743 on: February 02, 2008, 07:26:32 PM »

Yeah, this guy is totally not credible.  He only worked in the Patriots video staff.  He certainly wouldn't know of any cheating done by videotaping.   rofl
You have got to be kidding me, this is rediculous!!

You actually believe this guy? He has no credibility whatsoever, I mean seriously c'mon why wait till now to say any damn thing? He got fired back in 2003, spygate happened back in September, and he waits till a few days before the super bowl to speak up  Roll Eyes

Whether I believe his doesn't matter, though I don't recall saying that I believe him.  People are arguing that he's not credible.  What matters is whether he has evidence, and he was in a position to have it.  Therefore, it's worth looking into.  If anyone had further evidence, wouldn't logic dictate that it would probably be a guy like this?  Hell...Mangini played along while he worked there, and then caught them doing it to him years later.  You Pats band-wagoners are hilarious.  It's as if you expect some guy currently making a fortune working for the Pats to come forward.  Roll Eyes     

Fuck all you haters

rofl 

All U gamblers pay close attention

Take The Giants and the under

U can thank me later

Giants are getting 12pts and the over/under is 53.5

NE will win this game but its gonna be way more defensive than the regular season finale. Nerves,adrenaline etc will cause a low first half.

NE will win the super bowl but it will be 27-21

no worse than 31-21

Does this come with a money back guarantee?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #744 on: February 02, 2008, 07:28:42 PM »

U give me half your winnings?

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #745 on: February 02, 2008, 07:32:39 PM »

U give me half your winnings?

Not planning to bet...it might ruin an otherwise boring game.

EDIT: Guess I shouldn't say that...the Pats' Super Bowls have been better than most.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #746 on: February 02, 2008, 07:48:26 PM »

I'm watching a syndicated Family Guy right now and Tom Brady's on...great stuff.  #68 Peter Griffin.  yes

Warning...D is wrong on his Super Bowl gambling advice!  Follow his commands at your own peril!!!!

Don't touch the over/under...it's too risky.  The Patriots will cover.  I'm calling 34-17.  Brady thows for 3, Maroney runs one in.  Eli will have 2 picks with one late in the game trying to mount a comeback.  Overall he won't be too bad.  1 td, 2 picks, 200+something yards passing. 

I've got more money riding on this game than I've ever had in my life...1 for $20, 1 for $10, 1 for $5, and 5 for $1 each.
$40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The smart money's on the Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   beer  The NY SillyNannies are goin' down.  Grin 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #747 on: February 02, 2008, 11:39:04 PM »

Spygate takes another interesting turn. The patriots better hope this isn't true and no one has more evidence they didn't turn over themselves. Whoknows what Goddell will do if he finds out they haven't been completely honest.

Report: Source claims Patriots taped Rams before Super Bowl
ESPN.com news services

An unnamed source has claimed a New England Patriots employee secretly videotaped the St. Louis Rams' pregame walk-through the day before Super Bowl XXXVI, the Boston Herald reported Saturday.

According to the report, an unnamed source close to the team during the 2001 season said that following the Patriots' walk-through at the Louisiana Superdome, a member of the team's video staff stayed behind and taped the Rams' walk-through
-- a non-contact, no-pads practice at reduced speed in which a team goes through its plays.

The cameraman was not asked to identify himself or produce a press pass and later rode the media shuttle back to the Patriots' hotel, the source told the Herald. It is not known what became of the tape, or whether the cameraman made the tape on his own initiative or at someone else's instruction, according to the report.

Mike Martz, who was St. Louis' head coach during the Super Bowl game in question, spoke to ESPN.com investigative reporter Mike Fish about the allegations.

"I hope that is not true," Martz said. "I have great respect for [Patriots head coach] Bill Belichick. It's hard to believe that is true. It's a serious allegation and I hope it is not true.

"Obviously if there is enough substance to it the league should look into it.''

In responding to the report, Patriots media relations official Stacey James said, "The coaches have no knowledge of it," according to the Herald.

The next day, the Patriots upset the favored Rams 20-17 for their first Super Bowl championship. New England will play the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII on Sunday in a bid to become the first NFL team to finish a season 19-0.

Former Rams quarterback Kurt Warner, currently with the Arizona Cardinals, told Fish that if the league has heard those claims, he is surprised it has not spoken to former Patriots video department employee Matt Walsh. He said if Walsh or any other source has information, it should be investigated.

Walsh, a former Patriots video assistant, has suggested to ESPN.com that he has information that could have exposed the Patriots prior to the NFL catching New England taping the New York Jets' defensive signals during the 2007 season opener. The Patriots were fined $750,000 and lost a first-round draft pick as punishment.

"If I had a reason to want to go public, or tell a story, I could have done it before it even broke," Walsh told ESPN.com. "I could have said everything rather than having [Jets coach Eric] Mangini be the one to bring it out.

"If they're doing a thorough investigation -- they didn't contact me. So draw your own conclusions. Maybe they felt they didn't need to. Maybe the league feels they got satisfactory answers from everything the Patriots sent them."

Told of the newest allegation, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told The Associated Press on Saturday:

"We were aware of the rumor months ago and looked into it. There was no evidence of it on the tapes or in the notes produced by the Patriots, and the Patriots told us it was not true."

James reiterated that sentiment.

"The suggestion that the New England Patriots recorded the St. Louis Rams' walk-through on the day before Super Bowl XXXVI is absolutely false," James said. "Any suggestion to the contrary is untrue."

Rams spokesman Rick Smith, reading a statement from team president John Shaw, said, "At this point, we have no comment."

Walsh, 31, now an assistant golf pro at the Ka'anapli Golf Resort in Lahaina, Hawaii, worked for the Patriots from 1996 until the winter of 2002-03, when he was fired. He has hinted to ESPN.com that he has information that could be damaging to both the league and the Patriots but has declined to make it available, saying it could be seen as stolen property.

Walsh said he is fearful of potential legal action against him by either the league or the Patriots if he details what he knows. He refused to provide evidence of potential wrongdoing unless ESPN agreed to pay his legal fees related to his involvement in the story, as well as to an indemnity that would cover any damages found against him in court. ESPN denied his requests.

On Friday, Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., said he had written NFL commissioner Roger Goodell seeking an explanation as to why evidence in the NFL's investigation of the Patriots videotaping was destroyed.

"I am very concerned about the underlying facts on the taping, the reasons for the judgment on the limited penalties and, most of all, on the inexplicable destruction of the tapes," Specter wrote.

Specter, the ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said the matter could put the league's antitrust exemption at risk. In a phone interview with The New York Times, which first reported Specter's interest in the matter, he said the committee at some point will call Goodell to address the antitrust exemption as well as the destruction of the tapes.

Goodell, in his previously scheduled news conference Friday from Phoenix, said, "I am more than willing to speak with the senator. There are very good explanations why the tapes were destroyed by our staff -- there was no purpose for them."

There were six tapes, according to Goodell -- some from the 2007 preseason and the rest from 2006. He said he had them destroyed because he was confident the Patriots had turned over all of the tapes and notes the NFL had requested in its investigation. He also said they were destroyed in order to prevent leaks to the media -- as some footage from one of the tapes was leaked shortly after the story broke.

"We wanted to take and destroy that information," Goodell said. "They may have collected it within the rules, but we couldn't determine that. So we felt that it should be destroyed."

Belichick had little to add on the subject.

"It's a league matter," he said Friday during his news conference. "I don't know anything about it."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3227245
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #748 on: February 03, 2008, 12:45:53 AM »

Keep the stories coming.  I think the Patriots taped me taking a shower back in 2005, I'd like that to be investigated. 

Key points in that little article which some may have glossed over.

Told of the newest allegation, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told The Associated Press on Saturday:

"We were aware of the rumor months ago and looked into it. There was no evidence of it on the tapes or in the notes produced by the Patriots, and the Patriots told us it was not true."

"The suggestion that the New England Patriots recorded the St. Louis Rams' walk-through on the day before Super Bowl XXXVI is absolutely false," James said. "Any suggestion to the contrary is untrue."

And again, maybe they did, maybe they didn't.  I guess the truth will come out someday, but what difference will that make?  NONE!  Plenty of people have already made their minds up that the Patriots are cheaters and don't deserve what they've accomplished.  But what's done is done.  You can't say for certain ANY videotapes made any bit of difference in any games.  I just find it amazingly coincidental that all these stories are coming out now and that the Patriots are the only team that went against the rules.  I find that extremely hard to believe.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #749 on: February 03, 2008, 01:55:11 AM »

I'm watching a syndicated Family Guy right now and Tom Brady's on...great stuff.  #68 Peter Griffin.  yes

Warning...D is wrong on his Super Bowl gambling advice!  Follow his commands at your own peril!!!!

Don't touch the over/under...it's too risky.  The Patriots will cover.  I'm calling 34-17.  Brady thows for 3, Maroney runs one in.  Eli will have 2 picks with one late in the game trying to mount a comeback.  Overall he won't be too bad.  1 td, 2 picks, 200+something yards passing. 

I've got more money riding on this game than I've ever had in my life...1 for $20, 1 for $10, 1 for $5, and 5 for $1 each.
$40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The smart money's on the Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   beer  The NY SillyNannies are goin' down.  Grin 

34-17 is covering the over/under.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #750 on: February 03, 2008, 02:41:42 AM »

Keep the stories coming.  I think the Patriots taped me taking a shower back in 2005, I'd like that to be investigated. 

And again, maybe they did, maybe they didn't.  I guess the truth will come out someday, but what difference will that make?  NONE!  Plenty of people have already made their minds up that the Patriots are cheaters and don't deserve what they've accomplished.  But what's done is done.  You can't say for certain ANY videotapes made any bit of difference in any games.  I just find it amazingly coincidental that all these stories are coming out now and that the Patriots are the only team that went against the rules.  I find that extremely hard to believe.

Well of course they will say its not true. I mean if you were cheating would you openly admit it? I sure wouldn't. Like you said though there is no way to know now if it made a difference and even if it did you can't change the past. I'm sure they are not the only ones but they seem to be the ones taking it the furthest and the ones who have been caught so its all focused on them. Maybe someone else will get caught next season.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #751 on: February 03, 2008, 08:13:25 AM »

I know that D!   hihi  What I'm saying is that score I am predicting is a ballpark figure.  Technically, that's the under, but that spread was at 53 1/2.  It seems to be wanting to lure folks in.  The Patriots covering -11 is my call.  -12 is alright, but why not bargain with a Giants fan and get that spread cut a little.   Wink

My other advice for bettors out there...only bet with people who will pay up, as well as folks you wouldn't mind having your money! 

Faldor, Belichik taped you too???   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #752 on: February 03, 2008, 09:33:44 AM »

Anybody else listen to Mike and Mike in the morning??..I happen to be pretty sick and awake and was watching Mike and Mike interview Senator Specter. I thought the senator came off as a disgruntled eagles fan. And both Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg agree and think the same thing.

The senator said he started this because he wanted to know if the patriots stole signals during the superbowl. Goodell sent the senator a letter stating that the investigation turned in no evidence that patriots cheated while winning the superbowl against the eagles.

Apparently the senator was not satisfied with that and he states he wants to now know why the tapes were destroyed. He wants to know what were on those tapes. Its basically a disgruntled fan with power. And I'm happy Mike and Mike questioned him about it. And I'm happy that some media agree that this guy is a joke.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #753 on: February 03, 2008, 11:48:17 AM »

Well of course they will say its not true. I mean if you were cheating would you openly admit it? I sure wouldn't. Like you said though there is no way to know now if it made a difference and even if it did you can't change the past. I'm sure they are not the only ones but they seem to be the ones taking it the furthest and the ones who have been caught so its all focused on them. Maybe someone else will get caught next season.
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but it's possible the Patriots (and the Patriots alone) are being targeted because they've been the dominant team this decade.  Other teams could have been doing similar things, but who cares, those teams haven't been winning.  People are always gonna look to knock off the teams on top (eg. Yankees/steroids).  As well as the Patriots organization has been run, I find it hard to believe that they would be the only team to get caught bending the rules.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #754 on: February 03, 2008, 11:52:08 AM »

Anybody else listen to Mike and Mike in the morning??..I happen to be pretty sick and awake and was watching Mike and Mike interview Senator Specter. I thought the senator came off as a disgruntled eagles fan. And both Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg agree and think the same thing.

The senator said he started this because he wanted to know if the patriots stole signals during the superbowl. Goodell sent the senator a letter stating that the investigation turned in no evidence that patriots cheated while winning the superbowl against the eagles.

Apparently the senator was not satisfied with that and he states he wants to now know why the tapes were destroyed. He wants to know what were on those tapes. Its basically a disgruntled fan with power. And I'm happy Mike and Mike questioned him about it. And I'm happy that some media agree that this guy is a joke.  smoking
Yeah that guy is a joke and needs to re-evaluate his life.  There HAS to be more important issues for a senator to concern himself with.  Isn't there a war going on?  Isn't the economy in shambles?  Sure, but what's really important, is whether the Patriots misused cameras.  That will solve the country's problems.  Lets get on that right away.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #755 on: February 03, 2008, 11:59:34 AM »

I know that D!   hihi  What I'm saying is that score I am predicting is a ballpark figure.  Technically, that's the under, but that spread was at 53 1/2.  It seems to be wanting to lure folks in.  The Patriots covering -11 is my call.  -12 is alright, but why not bargain with a Giants fan and get that spread cut a little.   Wink

My other advice for bettors out there...only bet with people who will pay up, as well as folks you wouldn't mind having your money! 

Faldor, Belichik taped you too???   hihi
You're one of a very few I've heard that like the Pats with the points.  Most are picking the Pats, but in a close game.  I hope you're right.  I tend to think you are.  At first I thought it would be a tight game, but as time wore on I've leaned more towards a blowout.  People say that the Giants have played better football down the stretch than the Pats.  I don't really know what they're basing that on.  The Pats beat the Giants in week 17.  Giants beat a less than impressive Bucs team in the first round.  Some would say they were outplayed in the Dallas game, but came out on top.  Then they dominated the Packers, but barely won in OT.  Meanwhile the Pats handled the Jags and Chargers with relative ease.  I mean the games may not have been blowouts, but they were never really in doubt either.  I just think people like to buy into the underdog factor, me included when my team is not playing.  Lord knows I wanted the Bears to beat the Colts last year and I convinced myself that they could.  Of course, they never had a chance.  The Colts were the far better team.  I just think there'll be more of the same this year.  AFC domination will live on!

Go Pats!!!

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #756 on: February 03, 2008, 12:02:34 PM »

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but it's possible the Patriots (and the Patriots alone) are being targeted because they've been the dominant team this decade.  Other teams could have been doing similar things, but who cares, those teams haven't been winning.  People are always gonna look to knock off the teams on top (eg. Yankees/steroids).  As well as the Patriots organization has been run, I find it hard to believe that they would be the only team to get caught bending the rules.

Well, the goal of the NFL is parity. 

Yeah that guy is a joke and needs to re-evaluate his life.  There HAS to be more important issues for a senator to concern himself with.  Isn't there a war going on?  Isn't the economy in shambles?  Sure, but what's really important, is whether the Patriots misused cameras.  That will solve the country's problems.  Lets get on that right away.

I agree (believe it or not).  Shit like this annoys the Hell outta me.  We're entering a recession and a Super Bowl from years ago is Specter's big worry?  C'mon. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #757 on: February 03, 2008, 12:55:20 PM »

we all know that the real winners are the company that broadcasts super bowl and not the giants or the patriots hihi
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #758 on: February 03, 2008, 04:38:04 PM »

well, I went to the sportsbook at the Red Rock last night and put my money on the Giants   beer
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #759 on: February 03, 2008, 04:48:28 PM »

Got to go with the Pats on this

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: