Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 10:00:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 146908 times)
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #660 on: January 21, 2008, 12:54:29 AM »

Who would've thought that the week 17 match-up between the Patriots and the Giants would be a preview of the Super Bowl???

I was pulling for the Packers, but I'm happy for Eli. The guy takes way too much criticism, especially considering the fact that the Giants seem to make the playoffs every year. He made it to the Super Bowl faster than his brother did.

I'm surprised the Chargers hung around in their game as long as they did, although I never really felt like the Pats were in danger of losing. I think that's the worst game I've seen the Patriots play all year. Give the Chargers credit for playing hard, despite being so banged up.

I'm gonna go ahead and go out on a limb and say the Giants win the Super Bowl. I definitely don't think it'll be a blowout. The Giants nearly pulled off the upset a few weeks ago. If Eli plays a mistake-free game like he has so far in the playoffs, the Giants can definitely win. The Pats' luck is bound to run out eventually.

Here Today . . .
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #661 on: January 21, 2008, 12:56:33 AM »

"3rd Tynes the charm"

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #662 on: January 21, 2008, 02:12:39 AM »

fucking garry you jinxed the game by sending me that message 2 days ago  rant

Hey vato, you jinxed it with your overconfidence!

I'm the biggest Pack fan, but even I knew it was over this week.  The Giants were 3-0 (now 4-0) in championship games.  The numbers don't lie. 

Brett Favre ran out of gas after the TD pass in the 3rd quarter.  We didn't establish a running game, and the Giants figured out our pass game.  The defense got run over by the Giants backs.  Al Harris didn't have an answer for Burress all game long.

My man went back to being the old Brett Favre and threw an interception.

Ya know what?  I'm fine with the season we had.  We weren't even supposed to get to this point.  We had a great year and it was rewarding to have stuck with those guys through the tough years.  It was a great game, it will be remembered as a classic.

But homeboy, Green Bay gave the game away, I'm sorry.  After Tynes' FG miscues and winning the coin toss, it's as if Green Bay's ticket to Glendale was stamped.

I salute the Giants, and here's to a great Super Bowl!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #663 on: January 21, 2008, 03:48:51 AM »

Im gonna be the first to say this

SD need to trade Ladanian Tomlinson

They don't need him. He pussed out today in the NE game and Micheal Turner is capable of leading that team

Id trade LT for a few draftpicks while his value is at its highest.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #664 on: January 21, 2008, 03:55:19 AM »

They don't need him. He pussed out today in the NE game and Micheal Turner is capable of leading that team

His best years are behind him.

Sproles can take his place.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #665 on: January 21, 2008, 06:49:53 AM »

Fuckin' New York!!! I swear! rant

No Superbowl for me this year. As it will be Superboring!!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #666 on: January 21, 2008, 03:34:12 PM »

Fuckin' New York!!! I swear! rant

No Superbowl for me this year. As it will be Superboring!!

I hope the commercials are good!  hihi
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #667 on: January 21, 2008, 06:58:59 PM »

I thought the same f'ing thing about the trade possibility, but not because of "pussing out."  I just happen to think running backs have such a limited shelf-life...not to mention they have 2 backups who 1Turner would be starting on many other teams, and 2 Sproles who'd make a great change o'pace 3rd down back for somebody.  Why not go with Turner and Sproles, trade LT, save money, and land young talent  Good call D.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #668 on: January 22, 2008, 12:21:54 AM »

I thought the same f'ing thing about the trade possibility, but not because of "pussing out."  I just happen to think running backs have such a limited shelf-life...not to mention they have 2 backups who 1Turner would be starting on many other teams, and 2 Sproles who'd make a great change o'pace 3rd down back for somebody.  Why not go with Turner and Sproles, trade LT, save money, and land young talent  Good call D.   peace

And maybe the Colts should trade Peyton Manning.  Roll Eyes

LT is still the best RB in football. You don't trade a player like that.

Here Today . . .
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #669 on: January 22, 2008, 12:59:18 AM »

UH OH - time for a LOT of cortisone shots...

Walking wounded: Brady spotted in cast

Fans of the New England Patriots had to be swallowing hard Monday when pictures of quarterback Tom Brady sporting a walking cast on his right foot surfaced.

A video taken of Brady in New York Sunday, which is available on TMZ.com, shows the NFL's MVP returning to girlfriend Gisele Bundchen's apartment. He's walking gingerly on the sidewalk after emerging from a black SUV parked on the street.

During his weekly appearance on WEEI's "Dennis and Callahan" show, Brady didn't dismiss the notion he had suffered some type of leg injury during Sunday's AFC Championship win. "Ah, you know, there's always bumps and bruises. I'll be ready for the Super Bowl," Brady said, when asked point-blank if he had a leg injury.

Source: Boston Herald

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #670 on: January 22, 2008, 02:31:36 AM »

Fans of the New England Patriots had to be swallowing hard Monday when pictures of quarterback Tom Brady sporting a walking cast on his right foot surfaced.

A video taken of Brady in New York Sunday, which is available on TMZ.com, shows the NFL's MVP returning to girlfriend Gisele Bundchen's apartment. He's walking gingerly on the sidewalk after emerging from a black SUV parked on the street.

During his weekly appearance on WEEI's "Dennis and Callahan" show, Brady didn't dismiss the notion he had suffered some type of leg injury during Sunday's AFC Championship win. "Ah, you know, there's always bumps and bruises. I'll be ready for the Super Bowl," Brady said, when asked point-blank if he had a leg injury.

Doesn't sound like good news for the pats and if he plays like he did against the giants the way he did against the chargers the pats could be in big trouble. The giants are very good on defense.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #671 on: January 22, 2008, 03:32:33 AM »

What?

Dude, RB is the most replaceable position in football.

to compare a RB to a QB is ridiculous.

Just look at Denver and the success they have with a different back every year.

Look at the Giants.

They lost Tiki Barber, a guy who was a top 3 RB in Total yards every season and they actually improved.

Look at Tampa Bay. They lose Cadillac Williams, Earnest Graham fits right in.

RB position is overrated because there are a million good RB's.

LT did nothing in the playoffs for SD. They beat Indy pretty much without him.   U trade him, Save money, get a couple good really good picks and u are golden.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #672 on: January 22, 2008, 07:00:35 PM »

D is right.  No position takes a greater pounding either.  Michael Turner is a star.  I believe he's a free agent this year.  If so, he's cashing in big.  If I was Cleveland, I'd say see ya Jamal.  Turner would be my man behind that excellent O-line.
 Wink  Load up on defense in the draft and enjoy.

LT is such a stud, the Chargers would have a hard time getting market value for him though.  I just don't think the organization would part with him at this point.  You'd have to think he's worth more than what my Vikings gave up for Herschel back in the day (and that was a whole hell of a lot!)

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #673 on: January 22, 2008, 08:28:53 PM »

D is right.  No position takes a greater pounding either.  Michael Turner is a star.  I believe he's a free agent this year.  If so, he's cashing in big.  If I was Cleveland, I'd say see ya Jamal.  Turner would be my man behind that excellent O-line.
 Wink  Load up on defense in the draft and enjoy.

LT is such a stud, the Chargers would have a hard time getting market value for him though.  I just don't think the organization would part with him at this point.  You'd have to think he's worth more than what my Vikings gave up for Herschel back in the day (and that was a whole hell of a lot!)

It is a replaceable position.  Colts lose Faulk, fill in James.  Lose James, fill in Addai.  And had they gotten Maroney or Bush instead, then they would have done just as well.  The Broncos have proven that the O-line is far more important to successfully running the ball than the actual back himself.  Assuming the player is competent, which they all should be at this level, filling in at this position should be fairly easy.

I'd trade him, while he's still got value.  You can get a good RB at the back end of the first round, most years, or trade up. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #674 on: January 22, 2008, 09:14:30 PM »

Doesn't sound like good news for the pats and if he plays like he did against the giants the way he did against the chargers the pats could be in big trouble. The giants are very good on defense.
The only reason this is news right now is because there is no other news to talk about concerning the Super Bowl.  It's 13 days away.  It's been described as a high ankle sprain.  Brady had a pretty severe ankle injury in the 2001 AFC championship game against the Steelers that knocked him out of the game.  Bledsoe came in and finished up, yet he was able to go against the Rams in the Super Bowl.  I can only assume that since he was able to finish the game on Sunday that this injury is less severe than that one, so there's absolutely no way in hell that he won't play.  In other words, this is a non-story.  End of discussion.  The media just has NOTHING else to talk about.  It's gonna be a long 2 weeks.  I think Tom put that boot on to take some heat off of his boy Randy.  You don't hear people talking about his battery charges the past couple days.  Just trying to help a brother out. 

Please, Rivers had his knee scoped prior to the game Sunday and was able to gut it out.  By the way, big props to him for that.  I have a much greater respect for him after hearing that (I'm looking at you Tomlinson).  And yes the Giants have a good D, but I would hardly call them great, nowhere near as good as the Chargers, and probably even the Jaguars.  There will be PLENTY of points scored in the Super Bowl because both offenses outshine the respective defenses.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #675 on: January 22, 2008, 11:38:05 PM »

The only reason this is news right now is because there is no other news to talk about concerning the Super Bowl.  It's 13 days away.  It's been described as a high ankle sprain.  Brady had a pretty severe ankle injury in the 2001 AFC championship game against the Steelers that knocked him out of the game.  Bledsoe came in and finished up, yet he was able to go against the Rams in the Super Bowl.  I can only assume that since he was able to finish the game on Sunday that this injury is less severe than that one, so there's absolutely no way in hell that he won't play.  In other words, this is a non-story.  End of discussion.  The media just has NOTHING else to talk about.  It's gonna be a long 2 weeks.  I think Tom put that boot on to take some heat off of his boy Randy.  You don't hear people talking about his battery charges the past couple days.  Just trying to help a brother out. 

Please, Rivers had his knee scoped prior to the game Sunday and was able to gut it out.  By the way, big props to him for that.  I have a much greater respect for him after hearing that (I'm looking at you Tomlinson).  And yes the Giants have a good D, but I would hardly call them great, nowhere near as good as the Chargers, and probably even the Jaguars.  There will be PLENTY of points scored in the Super Bowl because both offenses outshine the respective defenses.

I do agree at least that he won't miss the game. He would have to be on his death bed to miss it. I just wonder how effective he might be. He wasn't exactly spectacular sunday.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #676 on: January 23, 2008, 02:09:24 AM »

I would sell my soul . If the Pats would fucking lose.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #677 on: January 23, 2008, 02:30:14 AM »

I would sell my soul . If the Pats would fucking lose.

Well i don't know i'd go THAT far but i'd sure love to see them get creamed.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #678 on: January 23, 2008, 08:52:11 AM »

Granted Brady wasn't spectacular against the Chargers.  In fact, it was probably his worst game of the season.  But how much of that could be attributed to his ankle?  It's tough to tell.  Ron Jaworski broke down on Sportscenter last night when he think the injury occurred (in the first quarter) and how he didn't look very sharp afterwards. BUT, watching the local sports shows they pointed out that in the FIRST play of the game Brady overthrew Kyle Brady by a good 15 yards.  So unless he was injured against Jacksonville and it just wasn't known it's tough to point out when he got injured and how/if it affected him.  I think overall you have to give a LOT of credit to the Chargers defense.  I mean they intercepted Peyton Manning 8 times this year, that's not by accident.  They've got a very solid secondary and rush the passer quite well.  The Giants can get to the QB, but their secondary is not the caliber of the Chargers, OR the Jaguars.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #679 on: January 23, 2008, 09:00:03 AM »

You know, it does SOUND like a crazy idea.  BUT, LT pretty much told the world it would be a viable idea by not showing up to play on Sunday.  He believed the Chargers had a better chance to win with a healthy Turner/Sproles than himself when he wasn't even on the injury report by weeks end. 

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: