Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:25:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 156864 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #560 on: January 09, 2008, 06:02:37 PM »

McNABB WANTS MORE PLAYMAKERS

In his most recent personal blog entry, Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb lobbies for the team to add more playmakers.

"Now that the season is over and we are concentrating on 2008, I hope we are able to secure some playmakers in all three phases of the game," McNabb wrote on Monday.? "Maybe some of those playmakers are already on the roster but have struggled with injuries, myself included, that have held us back a little."

McNabb also said:? "I'm surprised that anyone would have a problem with me, or anyone else in the organization, expressing a desire to bring in more quality players.? We were 8-8.? There is room for improvement.? This is a competitive sport.? It's about putting together the best players, the best team, and giving yourself the best chance to win.

"We didn't disrespect anyone when we traded for Takeo Spikes or signed Kevin Curtis last year.? I don't think the Patriots were being disrespectful to Troy Brown or Reche Caldwell when they brought in Moss, Stallworth and Welker.? Over the past few years, when the 49ers added Nate Clements, the Seahawks added Julian Peterson, the Giants added Plaxico Burress, the Colts added Adam Vinatieri, it was in an effort to add playmakers.? In each case the team identified a way to improve and they took action."

One point McNabb doesn't make is that the team could have obtained a possible playmaker in round two of the 2007 draft, but instead picked another quarterback.

Regardless of whether McNabb's points are valid, nothing is gained by airing these preferences publicly.? And a cynic (um, we don't know any) might think that it's all part of McNabb's plan to get himself traded to a team that already has more playmakers.

Okay kids!? Listen up!? How often have you heard me diss Donovan?? Probably never, but there's always time for a first.? What the hell is he doing?Huh Is he a 10 year old girl?? He's got an f'ing blog??? That is ludicrous.? A professional doesn't put that shit out in the public like that.? Keep it in-house.? I still respect the guy because he works his ass off and he's talented as hell...but a fucking blog?Huh "Dear Diary..."? It just sounds very lame to me...even if I do agree that the Eagles need help in the personnel department.? peace

Also:? Picks!!!

Jags cover
Chargers cover
Seahawks cover
Cowboys cover.

all close games.? Cowboys score a late td to cover the spread.? all the favorites win. (I would have picked the Bolts with a healthy Antonio "Instant Mismatch" Gates.? ?ok
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 06:07:51 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #561 on: January 09, 2008, 08:17:19 PM »

I cant see Dallas beating the Giants by 7.5

TO is hurt still, Giants are riding a huge wave of momentum from the last two weeks. They can rush the passer like no other. They have a nice running game.

I see Dallas winning but not by that much.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #562 on: January 09, 2008, 08:21:34 PM »

McNABB WANTS MORE PLAYMAKERS

In his most recent personal blog entry, Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb lobbies for the team to add more playmakers.

"Now that the season is over and we are concentrating on 2008, I hope we are able to secure some playmakers in all three phases of the game," McNabb wrote on Monday.? "Maybe some of those playmakers are already on the roster but have struggled with injuries, myself included, that have held us back a little."

McNabb also said:? "I'm surprised that anyone would have a problem with me, or anyone else in the organization, expressing a desire to bring in more quality players.? We were 8-8.? There is room for improvement.? This is a competitive sport.? It's about putting together the best players, the best team, and giving yourself the best chance to win.

"We didn't disrespect anyone when we traded for Takeo Spikes or signed Kevin Curtis last year.? I don't think the Patriots were being disrespectful to Troy Brown or Reche Caldwell when they brought in Moss, Stallworth and Welker.? Over the past few years, when the 49ers added Nate Clements, the Seahawks added Julian Peterson, the Giants added Plaxico Burress, the Colts added Adam Vinatieri, it was in an effort to add playmakers.? In each case the team identified a way to improve and they took action."

One point McNabb doesn't make is that the team could have obtained a possible playmaker in round two of the 2007 draft, but instead picked another quarterback.

Regardless of whether McNabb's points are valid, nothing is gained by airing these preferences publicly.? And a cynic (um, we don't know any) might think that it's all part of McNabb's plan to get himself traded to a team that already has more playmakers.

Okay kids!? Listen up!? How often have you heard me diss Donovan?? Probably never, but there's always time for a first.? What the hell is he doing?Huh Is he a 10 year old girl?? He's got an f'ing blog??? That is ludicrous.? A professional doesn't put that shit out in the public like that.? Keep it in-house.? I still respect the guy because he works his ass off and he's talented as hell...but a fucking blog?Huh "Dear Diary..."? It just sounds very lame to me...even if I do agree that the Eagles need help in the personnel department.? peace

Also:? Picks!!!

Jags cover
Chargers cover
Seahawks cover
Cowboys cover.

all close games.? Cowboys score a late td to cover the spread.? all the favorites win. (I would have picked the Bolts with a healthy Antonio "Instant Mismatch" Gates.? ?ok
I'll agree with you, but even athletes are getting sucked into the world of technology these days.  From Chris Bosh posting a video on youtube promoting himself for all star voting, and blogs, Donovan's ain't nothing compared to Curt Schilling's, www.38pitches.com.  I'm a Sox fan, but even I wish Curt would tone it down most of the time.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #563 on: January 09, 2008, 08:25:53 PM »

I hope Jessica goes to the game.  hihi
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #564 on: January 09, 2008, 09:24:25 PM »

I hope Jessica goes to the game.  hihi

I bet she'll be there. Grin

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #565 on: January 10, 2008, 04:17:25 AM »

Why is it that everytime Donovan opens his mouth, everbody has to analyze what he's saying? There's nothing wrong with what he said, and there's nothing wrong with writing a blog. A lot of players write blogs. I don't think Donovan keeps a blog all year long--- at least I've never heard anything about it before. But from visiting the Philadelphia Eagles' home page off and on throughout the year, I've seen blogs from Kevin Kolb, Kevin Curtis, and Takeo Spikes. I think it's just a way of getting their personal opinion of what's going on with the team and organization. Fans like to hear that kinda stuff.

How many times does Donovan have to say he wants to be an Eagle?? He isn't trying to force some trade by posting a goddamn blog. Donovan just wants to win. And yes, the Eagles DO need to add some playmakers. Just a couple weeks ago the head writer on the Eagles' website had a big long article about how important it was for the Eagles to add a playmaker in the offseason. They have Westbrook, and that's about it. Donovan is a playmaker when he's healthy, but it's that staying healthy thing that's been a problem. Dawkins is a playmaker, but he's getting old, and he missed a lot of time this year due to injury. Shepperd can also be a playmaker, but he's also had problems staying healthy. A few years ago Donovan lobbied for the Eagles to sign T.O., and that worked great at first, all the way to a Superbowl, before T.O. reverted back to his selfish ways. All Donovan is trying to do is make his team better. Nothing more.

Here Today . . .
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #566 on: January 10, 2008, 05:10:00 AM »

Instead of dissing Donovan for writing a blog about how his team can improve during the off-season, shouldn't people be jumping down Tony Romo's throat for taking a vacation to Mexico with his g/f when he should be watching game film and preparing for the NY Giants, who happen to be on a hot streak while the Cowboys are struggling???

I say Tony Romo chokes again this weekend just like he did last year in the playoffs. Then he'll have plenty of time to vacation with his superstar g/f.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #567 on: January 11, 2008, 09:30:27 AM »

I'd take the 2 AFC favorite to cover this weekend in routs.  I thought Indy was gonna beat up on the Chargers WITH Gates, without him, forget it.  The Chargers looked less than impressive last week in beating the undermanned Titans, good luck with the rested Colts.  I think the Pats will beat the Jags by 3 TD's, okay maybe that's the fan in me talking.  I just think they will find a way to get ahead and maintain Taylor/Jones-Drew, 31-10. 

I'd take the 2 NFC dogs to cover.  I'd pick both the Packers and Cowboys to win but close game, with the Giants having a real good chance at an upset.  It's tough to get a read on the Cowboys at this point.  They've looked bad of late, TO's health, Romo's mindset, lots of questions.  I'm just going on the fact that they are a more talented team than the Giants and they're at home, that will be enough to pull out a tight one.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #568 on: January 11, 2008, 10:24:12 PM »

I dont like McNabb but strangely I agree with the guy.

Philly are consistently under the salary cap and I dont mean by a few million they are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY Under the salary cap.

McNabb has nothing to throw the ball to, that is a fact and I know he kind of threw his teammates under the bus but the truth is the truth.

They have Reggie Brown who is a 2nd receiver on a bad team playing first receiver. And a bunch of slot receivers tryin to fill in around him.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #569 on: January 11, 2008, 10:45:50 PM »

OK...my picks:

Seattle @ Green Bay
---This one might be a laugher.

New York @ Dallas
---My upset special of the week!

Jacksonville @ New England
---The battle of teams that will somehow claim they've been disrespected going into next week.

San Diego @ Indianapolis
---The "rematch" where everything is completely different than the first meeting.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #570 on: January 12, 2008, 07:46:15 AM »

Ok lets see my picks

Seattle @ Green Bay: Seattle

New York @ Dallas: New York. I honestly think Dallas will win but my hatred for them keeps me from picking them.

Jacksonville @ New England: Jacksonville. I really think they've got a chance. They are a good team who play close games

San Diego @ Indianapolis: Indianapolis will win but i think it could be very close.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #571 on: January 12, 2008, 09:10:34 AM »

this week everyone i know is picking the giants to at least cover, with many picking them to win outright.

so that tells me that cowboys will win big. i think seattle has the best chance of pulling the upset.

GB 24-20
pats 30-20
indy 20-13
cowboys 34-17

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #572 on: January 12, 2008, 11:03:46 AM »

Go Brett Favre.....and go Packers!!!  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #573 on: January 12, 2008, 12:01:28 PM »

I cant believe anyone is picking the Jags straight up. They are a really good team, and on any given sunday, pretty much anyone can beat anyone, but how you bet against a team that is 16-0, with all their stars healthy?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #574 on: January 12, 2008, 12:38:37 PM »

I cant believe anyone is picking the Jags straight up. They are a really good team, and on any given sunday, pretty much anyone can beat anyone, but how you bet against a team that is 16-0, with all their stars healthy?
Yeah, I have a biased opinion being a Patriots fan but I really don't think the game is gonna be close at all.  The Patriots have handled the Jags in the past pretty handily.  I know it's a different year, different teams but the Jags pretty much have the same philosophy.  I don't think scoring points will be a problem for the Pats.  And if they get ahead they'll force Garrard to beat them through the air, which I don't think is possible.  We'll see though.  I'll be there tonight to see firsthand, and hopefully next week too against those Colts (who I also think will win quite easily this week).  That's the game everyone wants to see.  I'll be nervous for that one.  The Patriots can't really play the "no respect" card THIS year, unless they wanna take that up with Mercury Morris.  This year it's the Colts that are really getting the lack of respect.  People hardly mention that they're the defending Super Bowl champs, the 16-0 Pats get all the pub.  They finished 13-3, with a loss to the Titans with the backups playing.  They're real solid on both sides of the ball, but people tend to forget about that.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #575 on: January 12, 2008, 12:52:15 PM »

Yeah, I have a biased opinion being a Patriots fan but I really don't think the game is gonna be close at all.  The Patriots have handled the Jags in the past pretty handily.  I know it's a different year, different teams but the Jags pretty much have the same philosophy.  I don't think scoring points will be a problem for the Pats.  And if they get ahead they'll force Garrard to beat them through the air, which I don't think is possible.  We'll see though.  I'll be there tonight to see firsthand, and hopefully next week too against those Colts (who I also think will win quite easily this week).  That's the game everyone wants to see.  I'll be nervous for that one.  The Patriots can't really play the "no respect" card THIS year, unless they wanna take that up with Mercury Morris.  This year it's the Colts that are really getting the lack of respect.  People hardly mention that they're the defending Super Bowl champs, the 16-0 Pats get all the pub.  They finished 13-3, with a loss to the Titans with the backups playing.  They're real solid on both sides of the ball, but people tend to forget about that.

Jacksonville can win this game...it's just a matter of whether they will or not.  They play Indy twice a year, and before every one of those games you hear a lot of "out time is now" banter coming from Jville.  And that has led to them winning about one game every other year. 

They are talented, but they talk a big game and (I'll say it again) can be undisciplined.  They could win.  They could get blown out.  I think it's most likely that they lose, but finish respectably...say, within 10 points?  That's a good finish for any team, in the playoffs, at New England.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #576 on: January 12, 2008, 12:56:40 PM »

this week everyone i know is picking the giants to at least cover, with many picking them to win outright.

so that tells me that cowboys will win big. i think seattle has the best chance of pulling the upset.

GB 24-20
pats 30-20
indy 20-13
cowboys 34-17

If I'm not mistaken on the spread #'s, we have the same predictions.  All favorites win their games, only the Cowboys cover the spread though.   peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #577 on: January 12, 2008, 02:14:33 PM »

GB 24-20
pats 30-20
indy 20-13
cowboys 34-17

If I'm not mistaken on the spread #'s, we have the same predictions.? All favorites win their games, only the Cowboys cover the spread though.? ?peace

yes, that sounds right. although i'm starting to lean more and more towards a patriots blowout. if roethlisberger can throw 3 INTs and still put up all those points, brady will probably put up 40+. once the game is in garrard's hands, forget about it.

so ATS i like the seahawks, pats, chargers and cowboys. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #578 on: January 12, 2008, 02:34:10 PM »

I cant understand how anyone could pick the Cowboys to cover the spread.

1. Have u watched the way they ended the season? Completely horrible

2. Have u watched how the Giants have played the end of the season? They've been amazing

TO isnt 100 percent, The Giants pass rush can get to Romo, Eli is playing well, The Giants have won 8 straight on the road.

Seattle/GB can go either way

If Favre turns back into the gunslinger, Seattle can win and will win

If he manages the game, I see GB winning big

Indy will roll over the Chargers

Jacksonville won't win but they will cover the spread. No way *Fingers Crossed* they lose by 13

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #579 on: January 12, 2008, 07:44:02 PM »

Holy fuck.  Brett Favre is un-freaking-believable!  I picked the Pack to win, but I lost against the spread.  (I'm glad I didn't bet!)

I've always respected Favre, but this game was just awesome.  What a legend.  It almost makes me want to go wear Wrangler jeans...almost.  hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: