Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:27:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 156874 times)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #540 on: January 07, 2008, 03:56:01 PM »

This week I'll post perdictions. I was 2-2 this past week as i picked the steelers, who most pulled it out and the titans because I dont trust the chargers.

A team will move to 17-0.? rofl? ok ok ok Go Pats!!!

The Colts will finally beat the Chargers. They have had problems with them the last few years. My brother-in-law is from Indy and a huge colts fan and is scared the chargers will win.

The Pack Attack beats that shaky seattle team. You never know what team is gonna show up with seattle.

And My upset of the week is gonna be the G-MEN. As the giants will take care of the cowboys. Eli's been playing good the last couple weeks against the pats and bucs and will continue to do so. Romo's been playing bad the last three* games and will continue to do so.? smoking
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 03:58:32 PM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #541 on: January 07, 2008, 05:56:35 PM »

Freedom's right.  I was picking straight-up and went 3-1. 

ATS is always a better indicator of prognostication skills.   yes

I'm waiting until I read up on Antonio Gates' health.  If anybody sees it, please post and save me some time!  Thanks. 

peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #542 on: January 07, 2008, 07:01:44 PM »

Bret Favre will do like he has done the past several huge games and throw a shit load of picks against Seattle and they will beat GB.

Favre to me, has gotten overrated late in his career.

I'm gonna hold you on that one.

Green Bay might lose, only because Holmgren will want revenge for that OT loss to the Packers in 2004.

I just hope the Packers play smart.  If they do, they can win the game.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #543 on: January 07, 2008, 08:17:15 PM »

I'm glad you guys agree.  2 point conversions are difficult enough regularly, but from the 12 yard line?  Crazy.

...and yes Sandman, Big Ben has to take most of the brunt, but the defense and special teams can share some blame as well.

How about David Garrard!  To think he lost 35 pounds in the hospital due to Krohn's disease and had what, 12 inches of intestine removed?  Good for him.  That 32 yard run was back-breaking for the Steelers.  What a play!  He also lost his mom to breast cancer.  I really feel good for the guy.  He seems like a great team player.

i disagree - hes certainly to blame and those pics were awful, but he also was totally responsible for getting them BACK into the game.  the o-line has been shit all year and didn't really protect him much in the Jags game.

special teams (as always) is what killed us.  now do you open the game with such an incredible drive and then allow them to return a kick off?!?!?! maddening.  but the two big plays are the pussy 3rd down call where they don't pass and on the ensuing kick off they the jags wind up with great field position.  SOS - same ole steelers.

i was expecting a loss, but since we should have won, this one stings pretty bad.

its officially hockey season for this steelers fan  ok  LETS GO PENS!

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #544 on: January 07, 2008, 09:46:43 PM »

I'm glad you guys agree.  2 point conversions are difficult enough regularly, but from the 12 yard line?  Crazy.

...and yes Sandman, Big Ben has to take most of the brunt, but the defense and special teams can share some blame as well.

How about David Garrard!  To think he lost 35 pounds in the hospital due to Krohn's disease and had what, 12 inches of intestine removed?  Good for him.  That 32 yard run was back-breaking for the Steelers.  What a play!  He also lost his mom to breast cancer.  I really feel good for the guy.  He seems like a great team player.

i disagree - hes certainly to blame and those pics were awful, but he also was totally responsible for getting them BACK into the game.  the o-line has been shit all year and didn't really protect him much in the Jags game.

special teams (as always) is what killed us.  now do you open the game with such an incredible drive and then allow them to return a kick off?!?!?! maddening.  but the two big plays are the pussy 3rd down call where they don't pass and on the ensuing kick off they the jags wind up with great field position.  SOS - same ole steelers.

i was expecting a loss, but since we should have won, this one stings pretty bad.

its officially hockey season for this steelers fan  ok  LETS GO PENS!

Hockey season.  rofl (kidding...as a soccer fan, I try not to bash fans of sports outside the US "big three")

Is that what they call the two months between football and baseball?

Just to clarify...you're a New Yorker who roots for all Pittsburgh teams.  I'm guessing you're a transplant of sorts?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #545 on: January 07, 2008, 10:40:11 PM »

My dad is from the Burgh - brainwashed me at a young age.

Freedom, i love ya, but when a soccer fan is making fun of hockey (in the US nonetheless) I'm really curious what you're laughing about  hihi   Do you own a Beckham jersey? hehe  I'm guessing LA wants their money back eh?

I challenge you to watch a Penguins game and see Sidney Crosby in action and not at the very least have your interest piqued.  Hes amazing.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #546 on: January 08, 2008, 12:42:18 AM »

My dad is from the Burgh - brainwashed me at a young age.

Freedom, i love ya, but when a soccer fan is making fun of hockey (in the US nonetheless) I'm really curious what you're laughing about  hihi   Do you own a Beckham jersey? hehe  I'm guessing LA wants their money back eh?

I challenge you to watch a Penguins game and see Sidney Crosby in action and not at the very least have your interest piqued.  Hes amazing.

Hey, I said I was kidding!  We don't have an NHL team in Indy, so I've never really gotten into it.  Or MLS for that matter.  Love the World Cup, though, and Premier League, when I catch it.

Anyway, soccer and hockey are really very similar, when you think on it. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #547 on: January 08, 2008, 07:23:49 AM »

I went 2-2 in my first week predictions.

This week I'm going with:

Indianapolis Colts
Green Bay Packers
Dallas Cowboys
New England Patriots

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #548 on: January 08, 2008, 04:22:01 PM »

Brady got the Offensive Player of the year award.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it should have gone to Moss.  We've seen Brady without Moss.  Moss elevated Brady this season.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #549 on: January 08, 2008, 04:45:07 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but I think it should have gone to Moss.? We've seen Brady without Moss.? Moss elevated Brady this season.

The only problem with that argument is the addition of Welker and Stallworth as well.  There's no denying Randy's tremendous impact.  In fact, I think he'd be #2 to Brady on my list.  That's not too shabby.  Jessica Alba WAS #1 on my list until she got knocked up...she's still up there.  She's fallen to 3rd on my list though.   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #550 on: January 08, 2008, 07:58:51 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but I think it should have gone to Moss.? We've seen Brady without Moss.? Moss elevated Brady this season.

The only problem with that argument is the addition of Welker and Stallworth as well.? There's no denying Randy's tremendous impact.? In fact, I think he'd be #2 to Brady on my list.? That's not too shabby.? Jessica Alba WAS #1 on my list until she got knocked up...she's still up there.? She's fallen to 3rd on my list though.? ?hihi
Good point.  No doubt Randy made Tom's season a heckuva lot easier, but having the league leader in receptions didn't hurt either (Welker).  By the way, if the Pats attack the Jags like the Steelers did the 2nd half last week Wes could have double digit receptions.  Plus, Mathis is a real good corner and COULD neutralize Moss to a point, making Welker that much more important.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #551 on: January 08, 2008, 08:50:46 PM »

I'll use your argument against you:

We saw Randy Moss the last 2 years without Tom Brady

Nuff Said. hihi ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #552 on: January 08, 2008, 09:12:33 PM »

^Good call dude.

They both make each other better, let's leave it at that.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #553 on: January 09, 2008, 12:36:21 AM »

Maybe it's just me, but I think it should have gone to Moss.  We've seen Brady without Moss.  Moss elevated Brady this season.

Nuff Said. hihi ok

Axl4Prez says he was banged up...don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, then it matters. 

People in this thread are too damned fond of saying "Nuff said."

Nuff said.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #554 on: January 09, 2008, 02:02:54 AM »

No

tom Brady won 3 rings WITHOUT Moss

So Id say Brady is doin a lot more for Moss' career than Vice Versa

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #555 on: January 09, 2008, 09:36:39 AM »

Nuff Said. hihi ok

Axl4Prez says he was banged up...don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, then it matters.?

People in this thread are too damned fond of saying "Nuff said."

Nuff said.
Moss may have not been 100% in Oakland, but if the Raiders weren't at the bottom of the barell I'm sure he could've played.  May not sound too professional, but MOST guys are more likely to bust their hump for a winner than a team in total disarray.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #556 on: January 09, 2008, 11:26:48 AM »

McNABB WANTS MORE PLAYMAKERS

In his most recent personal blog entry, Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb lobbies for the team to add more playmakers.

"Now that the season is over and we are concentrating on 2008, I hope we are able to secure some playmakers in all three phases of the game," McNabb wrote on Monday.  "Maybe some of those playmakers are already on the roster but have struggled with injuries, myself included, that have held us back a little."

McNabb also said:  "I'm surprised that anyone would have a problem with me, or anyone else in the organization, expressing a desire to bring in more quality players.  We were 8-8.  There is room for improvement.  This is a competitive sport.  It's about putting together the best players, the best team, and giving yourself the best chance to win.

"We didn't disrespect anyone when we traded for Takeo Spikes or signed Kevin Curtis last year.  I don't think the Patriots were being disrespectful to Troy Brown or Reche Caldwell when they brought in Moss, Stallworth and Welker.  Over the past few years, when the 49ers added Nate Clements, the Seahawks added Julian Peterson, the Giants added Plaxico Burress, the Colts added Adam Vinatieri, it was in an effort to add playmakers.  In each case the team identified a way to improve and they took action."

One point McNabb doesn't make is that the team could have obtained a possible playmaker in round two of the 2007 draft, but instead picked another quarterback.

Regardless of whether McNabb's points are valid, nothing is gained by airing these preferences publicly.  And a cynic (um, we don't know any) might think that it's all part of McNabb's plan to get himself traded to a team that already has more playmakers.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #557 on: January 09, 2008, 11:30:23 AM »

No

tom Brady won 3 rings WITHOUT Moss

So Id say Brady is doin a lot more for Moss' career than Vice Versa

Yeah...and so does their third string right tackle, and a backup corner...blah blah blah.  It's a team sport.

By the way...this isn't a fucking career award.  It's a one season award.  For all they matter to this, Tom's rings could help him and Bill activate their Wonder Twin powers, and they still wouldn't be relevant.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #558 on: January 09, 2008, 12:10:37 PM »

2-0 so far. This week

Seattle over Green bay 24-17
New England ove Jags 31-14
Indy ove San Diego 27-13
Dallas over New York 28-24
D