Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:42:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 157052 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #440 on: December 29, 2007, 09:44:27 PM »

Well who here expected this half time score? I sure didn't. I didn't think the Giants would score 21 points all night.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #441 on: December 29, 2007, 10:14:12 PM »

This games turning out to be a great one. I'm an anti-Pats fan, so I'm hoping that Brady gets knocked the fuckkk out and injured and the pats loose. but who knows?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #442 on: December 29, 2007, 10:16:19 PM »

This games turning out to be a great one. I'm an anti-Pats fan, so I'm hoping that Brady gets knocked the fuckkk out and injured and the pats loose. but who knows?

Same here. I'd love to see the Giants win this.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #443 on: December 29, 2007, 10:30:47 PM »

Anybody got a number for Bill ? someone needs to tell him to stop running the football as it isint working that great. And personally as an Eagles fan(load of crap this year) and would like to see the Giants lose this one. And where has this Eli Manning come from ?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #444 on: December 29, 2007, 10:52:55 PM »

Tom to Randy!!!  Oh yeah that was sweet!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #445 on: December 29, 2007, 11:10:48 PM »

iv really enjoyed the game so far, worth staying up to 4am for!!!

and theres a bit of SCOM for good measure
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #446 on: December 29, 2007, 11:12:32 PM »

shoco beat me to it, a little SCOM!!!  Was that only on NBC?  I'm forever trying to find an NBC Universal link with GNR music. 

16-0.  Fuckin' A!  We are watching history!!!  Just wait until 19-0.   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #447 on: December 29, 2007, 11:58:21 PM »

Can anyone explain what the hell the Giants were doing huddling and using the shotgun formation down by ten with one timeout remaining with only 4 minutes left in the game? You need to be using a no huddle offense in that situation, maybe then they would've scored with more than 1:06 left and had more of a chance to get the ball back. That was maybe the worst clock management i have ever seen.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #448 on: December 30, 2007, 12:33:15 AM »

^ It was bad, but I've seen worse. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #449 on: December 30, 2007, 12:39:27 AM »

Yeah i probably have over the years too but my god. I wanted to jump through the tv and slap Eli and Coughlin and say move it. You've only got 4 minutes to score 10 points on one timeout.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #450 on: December 30, 2007, 02:12:58 AM »

Brady's a great QB, without a doubt, but his numbers don't compare to Manning's...except this year, now that he has the human black hole that is Randy Moss (must be nice to know you can just air it out in a general vicinity, and he'll come down with it).? Point to rings if you like, but this is a team sport.? Put Manning on those teams, and he has just as many.?
Freedom, you're proving my point as to why Patriot fans hate Peyton Manning.  Brady is having the best year a QB has ever had and you're saying Peyton has better career numbers.  Brady has done FAR MORE with FAR LESS in his career than Manning.  Granted the Colts didn't have a defense for a number of years but he's ALWAYS had the weapons at his disposal so you can't compare offensive numbers.  Quick, name me ONE hall of famer Brady has played with on offense prior to this year?  I'm waiting...............still waiting.  Okay, none?  Name me one pro-bowler?  Just try.  I think Peyton's had a few weapons at his disposal throughout his career.  I'm not diminishing what he's done, he's an amazing QB, but almost everyone rated him ahead of Brady without question prior to this year.  He nearly beat the Colts last year in the playoffs throwing to Reche Caldwell (if he only could catch wide open passes) and Jabar Gaffney.  This year he's had the weapons and look at what he's done.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #451 on: December 30, 2007, 02:26:52 AM »

I am no Pats fan. Just really never liked them.

However, I am a lifelong football fan, and I've seen nothing like it before. I watched Montana's Niners, the Triplets with Dallas, Elway and Davis's Broncos in my lifetime, and I think none of them would be able to touch this year's pats team. They are just special, and professional and play with a ton of heart and absolutely no quit. As I said, I've never been a fa, but I realize what I'm seeing and how special it is, and I hope they see it through to the end. I'll be telling my grandkids about this team someday.

Just for the record, not a Colts fan either. I am a lifelong Broncos fan, so I have no Manning ties that have made me not like the Pats.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #452 on: December 30, 2007, 03:59:14 AM »

^ It was bad, but I've seen worse.?

Sorry Dude but I have to say it

What was Eli McNabb thinking at the 4 minute mark?

Jesus Christ what a slow 2 minute drive.

I havent seen clock management that horrible since, U guessed it, McNabb in the super Bowl.

Im not sure NE are the greatest team ever. I do think they have some flaws.

Eli remembered he was Eli in the 4th quarter and totally made some bad decisions.

Randy Moss is my fav NFL Player, and I am so happy he has delivered a HUGE FUCK YOU to all the critics who tried to say he was done and wasn't worth a 4th round pick.

I think Moss is the greatest WR to ever play the game.

Hats off to the Giants however for playing. I think they have a good shot in the playoffs.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #453 on: December 30, 2007, 04:27:35 AM »

Something tells me they'll lose in the playoffs.  I think the Colts or Jags could beat them.

Freakin' Giants - they had this game in the bag!!!  The one time I was actually rooting for the Giants too Wink

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #454 on: December 30, 2007, 04:32:09 AM »

Colts barely lost in their first meeting and they were without Marvin harrison, Tony Ugoh and If Im not mistaken,another regular player.

With Harrison and Ugoh back, mixed with the resurgenceof Anthony Gonzalez, the Colts absolutely can beat NE.

I think SD can also cause they have a tailor made team to put pressure on Brady.

This isnt the same SD team that lost to NE earlier this year. they are much improved now they have grasped Norv turner's system.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #455 on: December 30, 2007, 04:43:31 AM »

agreed, i was going to add SD to my list but they're a notch below the jags and the colts in my opinion.

i would add Pittsburgh too if parker was going to play.  i don't think pitt showed up to play when NE destroyed them.  The asinine gaurantee didn't help either.  Pitt on the road in the playoffs...  i like those odds  hihi

NE has had some close games of late vs. some pretty  crappy teams.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #456 on: December 30, 2007, 09:04:30 AM »

D, we have something in common, Randy Moss is so awesome to watch.  As a Vikes fan, my 2nd fav. is Adrian Peterson of course, but Randy and I go way back to '98 when he set the world on fire.   

As a lifelong Vikings fan, I can fairly say I'm not biased in the Brady-Maning thing either.  Brady is the greatest ever.  How about that play last night where he eluded the rush, looked left the entire time, then found the open receiver to the right as he avoided getting sacked by stepping forward and to the right.  Just amazing.

In the post-game I just love how the fucking media loves to bag on Randy Moss.  How did that bitch frame the question to Brady about the pass before the record-breaker?  Remember, they missed hooking up on the very play before the td bomb.  She asked Tom about how he felt about Randy dropping the previously thrown ball.  Brady very cool-like said he didn't make a good pass, it wasn't Randy's fault.  He was just glad he was able to throw it as far as he could on the next play and Randy ran to get it.  Seriously, I guarantee you there will be morons out there mad at Randy for that celebration dance after his first touchdown.  The penalty set up a kickoff return touchdown by Hixon...but as Collinsworth pointed out (he calls a great fucking game if they could only get rid of the horrendously awkward and "voice nobody can find tv or radio friendly") the penalty was due to Maroney coming in and trying to dance with Randy.  No group celebration allowed.  Mark my words though, they'll blame Randy.  Angry  I think the big reason why he did a little extra on that celebration (still legal before Maroney came over) was that the Giants nailed him a play or 2 before.  They really laid him out.  btw, the Randy Moss resurrection reminds me a lot of what I hope to see with Axl and GNR.  Fuck the critics, get it done......some day.  beer

Now, all that said, after the Colts, the Jags are the scariest team IMO for the Pats.  Without Parker and their run stuffing DE out for the season, the Steelers are done.  Rivers will have to have to grow up really fast for the Chargers to knock off NE.  Anything can happen, but I think the Patriots will win it all.  The NFL must be drooling with anticipation over a Brady-Manning AFC and Romo-Favre (with Jessica Simpson in the luxury box) NFC.  It's going to be fun. beer 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #457 on: December 30, 2007, 11:33:23 AM »

^I was kinda hoping that with Moss' arrival, the Pats would implode.

Me too. Moss has always been one of those guys I like and hate.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #458 on: December 30, 2007, 12:07:44 PM »

The Colts are still the prime competition for the Pats.  Granted any of the teams that make it are dangerous in some ways and won't be an easy out.  But the Steelers without Parker, I just don't think so.  The Jaguars have a very solid running game, but may be a bit one-dimensional.  Garrard's had a nice season managing games but can he beat you if you stuff the run?  I imagine teams have tried this already and failed in doing so, but the Pats have been successful in the past facing one-dimensional teams.  The Chargers are playing well and are much better than when they first met the Pats.  But one thing hasn't changed, they have Norv Turner as their coach, enough said!

The Colts did have a number of key guys out the first time around against the Pats and were still out in front in the 4th quarter.  I believe most of the injuries were on offense though, Manning is good enough to overcome those.  I think their defense was intact, and that's key for them.  The Pats will have the home field advantage, but I actually think it's less of an advantage this year than in years past.  This years Pats are built more like an indoor team with the emphasis on the passing offense.  I used to hope for bad, cold weather to slow down the Colts, now that works against us.  We'll see, should be an exciting playoffs.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #459 on: December 30, 2007, 01:03:13 PM »

^ don't forget, the chargers were banged up as well when they lost to the Patriots.  If I'm not mistaken, their interior d-lineman was ailing.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: