Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:35:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 157044 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #420 on: December 28, 2007, 03:42:36 PM »

Yeah, Eli Manning sucks

If his last name wasn't Manning, he would've been a 3rd round pick at best.

Hell the backup Jared Lorenzen had a much better career in the SEC at Kentucky than Eli did.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #421 on: December 28, 2007, 04:25:59 PM »

Did anyone see the Pats vs. Dolphins game when they showed that guy wearing the I hate Peyton Manning t-shirt. I WANT one. Does anyone know where i can get one?? They say that people sell em outside fenway park after games but seeing how i'm 2000 miles away from my beloved fenway, i'm kinda shit outta luck.  smoking

I didn't see it...but it's not on eBay (amazingly).  Apparently the back says "And Eli Sucks Too."

I've never understood the NE hatred of Manning...care to explain for me?
I saw a guy wearing that shirt at one of the games this year.  Sweet shirt.  Not quite as good as the A-Rod Sucks/Jeter Swallows shirt though.
As for hating the Manning's. Speaking as a Pats fan, Peyton used to get all the kudos even though Brady would always beat the Colts and had the rings.  Sort of the same reason Sox fans hate A-Rod, among many other things. Since Peyton has won the big one though, I don't think there's as much hatred.  Oh, and the fact he's on every other commercial doesn't help.  Eli just plain sucks.  If his last name wasn't Manning he wouldn't be where he is today.  Now that I've said that he'll probably go out and throw 4 TD's and beat the Pats tomorrow.

Yeah...Brady's been SOOO disrespected.  Roll Eyes   rofl  C'mon...the guy's consistently listed as either the #1 or #2 QB in the league.

My God...those 86 years of futility must've worn on you NE area sports fans.  Funny thing is, not too long ago the Pats and Colts both sucked it up among the league's worst, and are now simultaneously the league's best.

Oh well.  I'll just point out one thing...the shirt didn't say "Peyton Manning Sucks."  That would just be silly.  But Eli does.  He has his moments, but I remember that draft and they're saying "he could be better than Peyton."  What a joke.  Peyton (yes, and Brady...don't want to inspire a new wave of shirt creation) will go down as one of the best ever, and some thought Eli was better.     

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #422 on: December 28, 2007, 08:34:33 PM »

How many other folks here laugh their asses off when they see that, "Unstoppable...that's Eli Manning in his Citizen Ecco-Drive watch" or whatever.  They kept re-running that commercial during the Vikings thrashing of the Giants earlier this season.  He threw 3 picks returned for touchdowns...and the commercial kept replaying!!!   rofl

The Maria Sharapova ad for that watch, now she's unstoppable.   love

High_Times:  You had posted, "I'll give you the fact the guy plays great in the 4th quarter, his fourth quarter passing rating is leaps and bounds above everything else he does. But a Vince young now or McNabb who led his team to 4 nfc championships and a superbowl. McNabb takes too much slack for whats wrong in philly."

I agree with you on McNabb, but here are the real 4th quarter numbers for Vince Young.  Just so folks don't think I'm trying to spout off only the bad numbers, here are all off them:

4th quarter overall:
McNabb,  5 td, 2 int, 85.6 qb rating
V. young, 3 td, 5int,  57.3 qb rating

4th quarter, +/- 7 point margin:
McNabb,  2 td, 0 int., 88.8 qb rating
V Young,  1 td, 1 int,  59.5 qb rating

4th quarter, +/- 3 point margin:
McNabb,  1 td, 0 int.,  86.7 qb rating
V young,  1 td, 0 int,   80.4 qb rating

This weekend's Tennessee-Indy game will be huuuuge.
If Peyton plays at least a half, (btw I heard Marvin harrison's coming back), I think Indy wins. 

The NE hatred of Manning is a kind of weird jealousy.  Every great team wants to believe their guy is the best guy.  It's kind of weird, because everybody should know Brady's the best and Peyton's right there juuust behind him.  Peyton's put up better numbers for many years, but that was before Brady had great weapons.  Tom Brady may go down in history as the greatest quarterback of all-time.  19-0 with yet another ring will help bolster that case. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #423 on: December 28, 2007, 08:54:12 PM »

How many other folks here laugh their asses off when they see that, "Unstoppable...that's Eli Manning in his Citizen Ecco-Drive watch" or whatever.  They kept re-running that commercial during the Vikings thrashing of the Giants earlier this season.  He threw 3 picks returned for touchdowns...and the commercial kept replaying!!!   rofl

Yeah, that commercial cracks me up.  I wonder if he had to pay to get them to say that. 

This weekend's Tennessee-Indy game will be huuuuge.
If Peyton plays at least a half, (btw I heard Marvin harrison's coming back), I think Indy wins. 

Jeff Fisher always has a plan.  During the (very few) down years for Tennessee, he'd do crazy shit against the Colts.  Start off the game with an onside kick or whatnot.  He knew he couldn't beat them, otherwise. 

It's a shame, though.  The schedulers should take teams expected to be strong (Indy/NE/Dallas) and give them a shit game to end the year...that way, when they sit players, it doesn't affect the playoff picture.  I know everyone on Cleveland wants a big game from #18, but the second he gets hurt in a meaningless game... nervous

The NE hatred of Manning is a kind of weird jealousy.  Every great team wants to believe their guy is the best guy.  It's kind of weird, because everybody should know Brady's the best and Peyton's right there juuust behind him.  Peyton's put up better numbers for many years, but that was before Brady had great weapons.  Tom Brady may go down in history as the greatest quarterback of all-time.  19-0 with yet another ring will help bolster that case. 

Brady's a great QB, without a doubt, but his numbers don't compare to Manning's...except this year, now that he has the human black hole that is Randy Moss (must be nice to know you can just air it out in a general vicinity, and he'll come down with it).  Point to rings if you like, but this is a team sport.  Put Manning on those teams, and he has just as many. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #424 on: December 28, 2007, 10:03:04 PM »

Freedom, that's a tough sell for me.  Yes, his numbers have been better...but he's had the benefit of better receivers and a less impressive defense over the years.  (I only mention defense because when the d. is giving up a lot of points, you'll be airing it out a little bit more which equals more passing and passing tds) 

Brady is a freak of nature...but then again so is Peyton.  Who's better at quarterback?  It's kind of like who's a better lay, Jessica Alba or Scarlett Johansson.  They are alone in the top echelon.  I just give the edge to Brady vecause he's never had the weapons he has this season and now look what he's done with them.  It's a beautiful thing to watch. 

btw #18 won't get hurt.  Brady and Manning don't seem to get hurt!   yes  Also, even if he did, you just know Sorgi's the man who could take them all the way!!!   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #425 on: December 28, 2007, 10:37:01 PM »

I hate Tom Brady about as much as I hate Donovan McNabb but honestly

Tom Brady is possibly the greatest quarterback in NFL History.

To do the stuff he has done with some of the shit receivers he has had is amazing.

throw in the SuperBowl Rings and the stats this year when he finally has some weapons and u realize what he could've been doing his whole career.

I think Brady is better than Manning hands down.

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #426 on: December 28, 2007, 10:52:36 PM »

I hate Tom Brady about as much as I hate Donovan McNabb but honestly

Tom Brady is possibly the greatest quarterback in NFL History.

To do the stuff he has done with some of the shit receivers he has had is amazing.

throw in the SuperBowl Rings and the stats this year when he finally has some weapons and u realize what he could've been doing his whole career.

I think Brady is better than Manning hands down.

As much as I hate to do this , I will agree with you . The dude is an awesome QB . Though I will stay go With Joe M as the best ever.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #427 on: December 28, 2007, 10:59:24 PM »

1 more ring and he ties Montana

And Montana won his titles in the non salary cap era of Pro Football.

The fact Brady has done this good with the ever changing receivers to me means a lot more than Montana having some of the greatest offensive weapons in NFL History.

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #428 on: December 28, 2007, 11:02:50 PM »

Dude Joe was the king of the two minute drill.

I don't care who is one the team with him . That man leading a team with two minutes to go and being down was dang ours as fuck.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #429 on: December 28, 2007, 11:20:24 PM »

1 more ring and he ties Montana

And Montana won his titles in the non salary cap era of Pro Football.

The fact Brady has done this good with the ever changing receivers to me means a lot more than Montana having some of the greatest offensive weapons in NFL History.

Great points D.  In this "age of parody," Brady's accomplishments are just insane.  If he goes 19-0 this season, I think he overtakes all qbs.  (but like D already stated, he may already be there) 

I sure hope Randy Moss takes less money to stay with the Pats than go elsewhere for the big cash.  Just like I predicted earlier this season, Randy has been a model citizen and a huge asset to the Patriots. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #430 on: December 28, 2007, 11:48:30 PM »

^I was kinda hoping that with Moss' arrival, the Pats would implode.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #431 on: December 29, 2007, 07:24:52 AM »

Tom Brady IS the greatest QB of all time. he is as complete a QB as there is. it won't even be debateable by the time he retires cause he may end up with 5+ rings.

Montana's offense was essentially an all-star team. Not taking anything away from him, but when Brady and Montana are so similiar in most ways you look at it, you have to look at the quality of the teams they played on.

Brady gets the credit he deserves, but if you didn't know better, you would think Manning was the better QB. the media is in love with the manning family. just watch today and you'll see just about every announcer talk about Eli like he's a great QB. it's comical.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #432 on: December 29, 2007, 03:13:17 PM »

Tom Brady IS the greatest QB of all time. he is as complete a QB as there is. it won't even be debateable by the time he retires cause he may end up with 5+ rings.

Montana's offense was essentially an all-star team. Not taking anything away from him, but when Brady and Montana are so similiar in most ways you look at it, you have to look at the quality of the teams they played on.

Brady gets the credit he deserves, but if you didn't know better, you would think Manning was the better QB. the media is in love with the manning family. just watch today and you'll see just about every announcer talk about Eli like he's a great QB. it's comical.

Sandman, we've bickered back and forth a lot, but we both know he'll still be an Eagle next season.  I am a McNabb fan, you are an Eagles fan.  With a healthy McNabb, what will constitute a successful season for the Eagles in 2008?  I would assume 10-6 and a playoff spot would be considered a success.  The problem for McNabb though, is that after having such great success in the past, anything short of winning a Super Bowl seems to me like it won't be enough for Eagles fans.  Your thoughts?

I put your quote in above, because I love laughing at Eli's expressions.  Seriously, I think Eli had a little bit to do with Tiki's early retirement.  Tiki knew this guy doesn't have what it takes to win a Super Bowl.  (Tiki must not have seen the "Unstoppable Citizen Watch" commercial  hihi)
 For me, with a Super Bowl championship this season, and 19-0, there will be no doubt Brady is the greatest quarterback ever.  For a while there before Brady was given real weapons, I likened Manning-Brady to a Chamberlain-Russell like comparison.  Both are all-time greats.  The former put up the numbers, but the latter won the championships.  Now, Brady's got the edge in both.   

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #433 on: December 29, 2007, 03:24:35 PM »

^

Both of u guys are wrong in a way though:

The people to blame are the Philadelphia front office.

Philly are how many millions of dollars under the cap?

Why they don't use their cap space to give McNabb help is beyond me.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #434 on: December 29, 2007, 04:08:47 PM »

^

Both of u guys are wrong in a way though:

The people to blame are the Philadelphia front office.

Philly are how many millions of dollars under the cap?

Why they don't use their cap space to give McNabb help is beyond me.

D, I don't ever think I said otherwise!  Of course the front office is partly to blame.  They'd be playing for the playoffs today if that 1st game that was blown by a special teams muffed return was addressed.  B4 the last pre-season game even the local announcers were skeptical of Jeremy Bloom's abilities returning kicks.  He got a ton of returns in the pre-season and then he was cut.  They skimped and it hurt 'em big time!  Dante Hall and Allan Rossum were available.  Experienced returners.  Just grab one and you'd be set.   Angry

Also, back in the TO-McNabb soap opera, management f'd up.  There is no way in hell if I am running a business I'd let 2 of my employees not talk to each other.  That's just completely fucked up.  I'd require they both sit in a room with nobody leaving until the problem or perceived problem was solved.  Team comraderie is necessary for success.  Wink

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #435 on: December 29, 2007, 05:34:44 PM »

the eagles have set the bar high, but the bigger issue is that philly is starved for a championship. this is a serious drought we're in. so the bar for ALL teams, and ALL superstars is high.

i blame the eagles front office. but at the same time, the patriots were primed to be defeated in the SB. but we came out and turned the ball over, and played a sloppy game overall. the eagles should have won that game. but they choked.

so it's difficult to say that the front office hasn't put a great team together.

and next season expectations will be very high. and they should be - especially if they add a key piece or two. this team underperformed this season. and the NFC is pathetic.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #436 on: December 29, 2007, 08:49:01 PM »

Tonight's game is the second one this season that I've tuned in to, and it leaves me wondering this:  Who the Hell decided that Greg Gumbel was interesting enough to announce sports? 

The man is as exciting as dry toast. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #437 on: December 29, 2007, 09:05:35 PM »

Tonight's game is the second one this season that I've tuned in to, and it leaves me wondering this:? Who the Hell decided that Greg Gumbel was interesting enough to announce sports??

The man is as exciting as dry toast.?

agreed. he is AWFUL.

and i'm a big collingsworth fan, but he's not at his best working with gumbel. GG is so boring and borderline awkward.

btw...Toomer has to make that catch. you can't kill drives with mistakes like that against this team. 

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #438 on: December 29, 2007, 09:07:05 PM »

^actually it's Greg Gumbel's even less talented brother Bryant of The Today Show fame. ? rofl ?He's horrible!

But, I love Collinsworth as a commentator. ?He kicks ass. ? beer ?Totally knows his shit.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #439 on: December 29, 2007, 09:28:33 PM »

Anybody else just hear YCBM before the kickoff just after 16-14 Pats?  Pretty cool.  Brings back memories of seeing GNR up at the Meadpwlands last year...and yes, I was wearing my Moss jersey!   peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: