Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 08:44:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 157135 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #400 on: December 25, 2007, 04:25:40 PM »

Exactly what does Vince Young have in Tennessee?

He has NO wide receivers.

Name 5 people on Tennessee's Defense.

Vince turns it over but he turns it over at times that arent crucial.

When the game is on the line Vince Comes through almost everytime.

He manages games well until its time to step up and h e does.

Not all interceptions are created equal.

Throwing a pick up 21-0 is meaningless.

Throwing a pick when u are down 35-10 is meaningless.

Vince doesn't throw picks in crushing situations.

D, with all due respect, if Vince Young has half the career success McNabb has had, he'll be lucky.? Intelligence-wise you can't even put 6-Wonderlic in the same sentence as McNabb.? Say what you want, I'll still take the guy with 21 touchdowns and 6 picks, vs. the Vince Youngs of the world who have 9 tds and 17 ints.? Let's see...3 and 1/2 tds per pick vs. just about 2 picks per touchdown.?

A healthy Albert Haynesworth and a potent rushing offense makes that team click.? Do I think VY is as bad as his stats?? No, but I sure would feel better with a better quarterback behind center.  (to be fair, he's got potential, he's young-no pun intended, and you are right, give him a receiver or 2 down there to make things interesting)

btw, what "crushing situations" did McNabb deliever all 6 of his picks this season?? Come on.? I think you are referring to Feeley when you mention "crushing picks."? Tatupu anybody?

Sandman, you'd have to be deaf and blind with the inability to read Braille if you think a majority of Eagles fans want or wanted McNabb as their starting quarterback.? An overwhelming majority of fairweather, err, I mean Eagles fans have been more than happy to throw Donovan under the bus.? It's typical Philly style.?

btw, there are many nfl players who hire their own pr reps.? Also, what do you expect Coach Reid to say?? He knows he's fucked if McNabb bolts.? Kolb aint ready and Feeley is a weak-armed #2 or 3 quarterback.? I am going to laugh my ass off if the Eagles lose Donovan.? ?rofl? Have fun in the "re-building phase" for the next 4 years.? ?ok

The Eagles fucked themselves by not addressing their special teams needs, not addressing their needs at wideout, and wasting huge money on Javon "biggest free agent bust ever" Kearse.? Injuries were a big factor not only with a gimpy McNabb at the beginning of the season, but their secondary has been hurting as well.? Was the Trotter move a good one?? With McNabb, they beat the Seahawks and dare I say the Patriots?? 9-7 is a playoff spot in the NFC...maybe 8-8.?

Please Donovan!? Reunite with Childress in Minnesota!? (I know it won't happen, but a fella can dream.? Smiley)

« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 04:33:29 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #401 on: December 25, 2007, 05:41:18 PM »

Look at how horrible philly were last year

McNabb gets hurt

Insert Garcia and they go deep in the playoffs.

McNabb has 21Tds and 6picks but how many of those are ARod stats?

U know, TD passes when the game is out of reach or not close?

McNabb chokes in the big moment *See the Superbowl when he was pu king in the huddle*

The same McNabb who Refuses to run to break a stereotype of black QB's instead of giving his team the best chance to win.

The Same McNabb who alienated Terrell Owens by saying they didn't need him to win.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #402 on: December 25, 2007, 07:38:37 PM »

Look at how horrible philly were last year

5-4 before the game McNabb tears his ACL, just a terrible record. One loss was on a 63 yeard freak field goal.  Roll Eyes

McNabb gets hurt

Insert Garcia and they go deep in the playoffs.

they win a home game, then lose on the road to the Saints.

McNabb has 21Tds and 6picks but how many of those are ARod stats?

A-Rod's arguably the best hitter in baseball, but I know what you're saying.  Listen, I'm not saying he's at the level of Brady or Manning, those guys are in a class of their own...I'm just saying he is underappreciated, and I can back it up.  Please read on.

U know, TD passes when the game is out of reach or not close?

Alright, just check out the 6 games that ended with a final margin 7 points or less:
McNabb 6 games, 6 tds, 2 ints, 85.2 qb rating
V.Young 7 games, 1 td, 8 ints, 56.6 qb rating     who chokes?

McNabb chokes in the big moment *See the Superbowl when he was pu king in the huddle*

1st of all, McNabb claims he never puked in the Super Bowl.  2nd, it was McNabb who quarterbacked his team without T.O. to get to that Super Bowl in 2 playoff game routs of the opponents, only to lose to the Patriot dynasty by 3 points. 

The same McNabb who Refuses to run to break a stereotype of black QB's instead of giving his team the best chance to win.

When you are a great quarterback, staying in one piece is kind of essential to giving your team "the best chance to win."
Designed scrambles are great when you are young.  The longer you keep it up, the less years you'll be playing.  That said, you honestly think he's standing in front of Coach Reid saying, "I'm not running it coach, I'm a quarterback, I throw the ball," all the while pumping a Black Power fist in the air?  Come on D you know he isn't like that.  For christ sake, earlier this season when the whole race issue got blown out of proportion, people on this very site got pissed at Donovan.  Guess what?  That interview was conducted before the season even started.  The press through it out there when he was struggling in his first few games.  He wasn't even 12 months status post ACL reconstruction yet!  Then, the comment thing was the "topic of the week" which made Donovan look like some sort of racist, which he isn't.  Of course you'll get more heat as a black quarterback in a predominantly white town and if you don't think so you're just naive.  He didn't make it a big deal.  He didn't say it during the season.  People just got pissed off because of the timing...which was designed perfectly to sell a story at that juncture of the season.

The Same McNabb who alienated Terrell Owens by saying they didn't need him to win.

McNabb played that whole deal with class.  If T.O. wasn't back for the game, Donovan was reminding his team they would still win.  I sincerely hope you aren't trying to say you side with TO in that little feud.  It was total bullshit. 

Now, if that doesn't "con" Vince you...check these nuggets out.

If McNabb is such a choke artist, you'd expect his Red Zone effectiveness to be pretty bad huh?  Try this out for size.
McNabb 11 touchdown passes, 0 interceptions, 95.3 qb rating in the Red Zone.
Young?   4 tds,                        , 1 int.,                 82.5 qb rating in the Red Zone. (19-goal line)

Here's another.  How do they do in the 4th quarter + or - 7 point margin?
McNabb, 7 games, 2 tds, 0 ints, 88.8 qb rating.
Young,   9 games, 1 td, 1 int,     59.5 qb rating.

Do these guys have struggles?  Yes, but a recovering McNabb still beats out a healthy Young...by a lot. 

Perception sometimes outweighs reality in today's media frenzy to tear down stars.  McNabb is fucking hurt and he STILL smokes a younger V. Young.

peace

P.S.  I didn't even get to mention the time in 2002, Week 11, where he had his ankle broken, and still went on to throw for 250+ yards and 4 touchdowns!  On a broken ankle!  Pulled the same incredible feat Garcia did with a win and a loss in the playoffs that season.  All heil Garcia!   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #403 on: December 26, 2007, 10:31:45 AM »

21 TDs, 6 INTs, but no pro bowl appearance. he got beat out for the pro bowl by matt hasselbeck. and there's at least 2 other QBs that would have gone before him. and this is just in the NFC!

4 years to rebuild? you really don't understand the NFL.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #404 on: December 26, 2007, 01:12:16 PM »

Does Vince Young have a Brian Westbrook or anything resembling him? NO

Young has maybe worse receivers than McNabb and he doesn't have the O line McNabb has.

Vince Young plays in the AFC opposed to McNabb in the weak NFC but yet Vince has a better record.

I thought teams played to win not just to pad stats when the game is already over?

Vince Young has intangibles that McNabb couldn't even dream of having.

Vince Young is huge in big games whereas McNabb isn't.

Stats are pretty meaningless.

LIke i Said, they are AROD stats.

AROD is notorious for hitting Home Runs with his team down 8 runs or his team up 5 runs but when he needs the HR to win a game or to get them back in it, he strikes out.

So I'll take a guy who hits the clutch HRs over a guy who hits them when they don't mean anything.

Also look at Philly, They are the only team that I can think of, where the backup QBs come in and have the same if not better success than McNabb.

That should never happen.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #405 on: December 26, 2007, 09:41:10 PM »

D, I'm disappointed in you.  You are telling me stats are meaningless.  I gave you situational stats...trust me, you can't sugar-coat them.  Would you not agree that you want your quarterback kicking ass in the 4th quarter of a game that's decided by 7 points or less?  Those stats wipe out games where they win or lose by more than 7 points (your A-Rod comparison goes out the window when you look close enough) 

I read your posts and answer each point with a point.  You don't give my points a response, you just move on to more points.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I'm a tech.-idiot and I underlined my responses at the top of this page.  If that's why you've ignored my points I'll feel better.  Despite that, I'll respond to your latest post at the bottom of this post.

Sandman, you gave even less of a response.  A gentleman would respond with, well, ya know, ya make some good points...I didn't realize he's done a pretty good job.  Huh, he has a winning record 7-6, and will likely finish the season with an 8-6 record, not bad...or oh, I thought he threw all of his tds against the Lions in one week. 

Because I'm a gentleman, I'll respond to your latest 2 points Sandman (despite the fact you ignored every point I made)
No, of course McNabb didn't make the Pro Bowl.  Show me how many NFL quarterbacks less than one year after an ACL reconstruction made the Pro Bowl.  Come on, please. 

Insert Quote
Agreed.  Westbrook's a wonderful weapon...but he is not, I repeat NOT a complete running back.  I haven't pulled up his situational stats, but he's not the guy you can give the ball to on third and short or 4th down.  That said, yes, of course I agree that Westbrook helps McNabb more than White, Brown, and Henry help Vince.  Point made.

Young has maybe worse receivers than McNabb and he doesn't have the O line McNabb has.
I'm glad you said "maybe" because they both have shit to throw to.  Also, that great O line of the Eagles has allowed >50% more sacks than the Titans 45 to 29.  The Eggles give up the 7th or 8th most sacks in the NFL.

Vince Young plays in the AFC opposed to McNabb in the weak NFC but yet Vince has a better record.
Vince is 8-6 as a starter, McNabb 7-6.  So yes, Vince has a better record...with one extra game in there.  Now, who have they beaten?  Out of 8 wins, the Texans with V.Y. at the helm have one win vs. a team with a winning record.  One! 
In McNabb's 7 wins, he has led his team to victories over 3 teams with winning records.
Both qb's led their teams to wins over the Jets and Saints.  They both defeated superior division rivals, the Titans beat the Jags and the Eagles beat the Cowboys.   
Cumulative record of teams Vince has beaten: 45-75   .375
                                             Donovan:              47-58   .448 

I thought teams played to win not just to pad stats when the game is already over?
What the hell are you talking about?  I pointed out the stats from "4th quarter only, only games decided by 7 points or less."
That said, in my stat search, I've found I made a boo-boo.  D-Mac has only thrown for 18 tds with 6 pics.  Not 21 and 6.  Just lettin' ya know I'm keepin it real.

Vince Young can't spell intangibles.   hihi  We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.  How's this for "intangibles?"  How about reading blitzes? 
When blitzed this season:
McNabb, 56.7% completion %, 7 tds, 1 int, 97.8 qb rating
Vince,     53.4%                       , 2 tds, 9 ints, 41.6 qb rating
you can't with a straight face claim you'd rather have Vince leading your team over Donovan.

Vince can't spell "huge."  McNabb didn't just land in 4 NFC Championships and 1 Super Bowl, he had to win playoff games.  Those games are pretty damn "huge."  Get back to me when Vince goes to 4 straight Championship games and a Super Bowl...no I take that back, I like you D.  You can get back to me anytime.   peace

Stats are pretty meaningless.
situational stats are not meaningless

LIke i Said, they are AROD stats.

AROD is notorious for hitting Home Runs with his team down 8 runs or his team up 5 runs but when he needs the HR to win a game or to get them back in it, he strikes out.

So I'll take a guy who hits the clutch HRs over a guy who hits them when they don't mean anything.
I'm not disagreeing with you...but if Donovan pulled A-Rods, the situational stats would show that...but they don't.  no 

Also look at Philly, They are the only team that I can think of, where the backup QBs come in and have the same if not better success than McNabb.

That should never happen.

YOU ARE RIGHT!   rofl  The only other team I can think of is...Vince Young's Titans!  Kerry Collins threw for 280 yards and 0 interceptions while racking up a season-high 38 points in their 1st win over the Texans!   rofl  His qb rating was 10 points higher than Young's over the whole season!  But, you said that should never happen!  Does it happen with the Eagles too?  This year Feeley came in and threw 7 interceptions in 2 games.  McNabb has 6 interceptions in 13 starts.  Cue John Stossel of 20/20 fame, "Give me a break!!"   hihi

All I can say is that I hope you folks really read what I've got here because it's right there.  D, I will be keeping an eye on Vince in his must-win game this weekend.  Win and they're in right?  Up against Jim Sorgi and no Harrison, Addai, etc., they better freaking win.  (I do think they'll win btw, if they don't, that will be tough to explain)   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #406 on: December 27, 2007, 11:53:53 AM »

only a die hard mcnabb supporter could take a shot at Brian Westbrook. that is just hilarious. arguably one of the top 3 RBs in the league, and you criticize him to make mcnabb look better.

you say mcnabb is 7-6. you actually give him credit for the Miami win. that is just comical. he got injured early in the game and was 3-11 with 2 INTs and a 0.4 QB rating. yet you give him credit for that win. that's just hilarious. and he also only has 18 TDs (not 21 as you have stated).

like i said, you don't understand philly, the eagles, and you don't really understand football.

i have said all along, mcnabb is a good QB. not great. most people rank him around 10-15 out of all the QBs playing right now. and as the sports guy pointed out a week ago in a long column, this is an abysmal period as far as the quality of QBs throughout the league. and mcnabb is still only ranked 10-15. good QB, not great.

you're obviously a stat guy. i'm not. stats don't tell the whole story and they can be twisted to make crappy arguments. but look at mcnabb's best games this year - Lions, Jets, Vikings, Saints. how good are their defenses? they suck. they rank 32nd, 22nd, 19th, and 29th respectively.

another stat? in 8 of his 12 complete games, the eagles have scored 17 or less points. (and 9 of 13 if you include the miami game).

and look at this from espn.com today. MVP's for every team in the NFL. these two are interesting...

Philadelphia: Brian Westbrook, RB. He's been beaten up all season, but that hasn't stopped him from producing. In fact, it's hard to remember when his diminutive size was a major reason the Eagles were concerned about his receiving as many touches as he's had this year.

Tampa Bay: Jeff Garcia, QB. He's been exactly what the Bucs hoped he'd be -- a reliable, experienced leader who will limit his mistakes. Garcia's numbers haven't been spectacular, but his presence has been invaluable.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #407 on: December 27, 2007, 12:58:50 PM »

what do you mean I "take a shot at Brian Westbrook?"  I told you he's an amzing weapon, he's just not a complete running back.  I go on to say "point made," to D.  Of course he is a great asset to the Philly offense.  Enough to give McNabb that much better numbers than Vince Young, no.

Ya see Sandman, when having a conversation, an argument, whatever, you have to be willing to give and take.  We fucking agree that McNabb isn't in the same class as Brady and Manning...nobody else in the league is! 

I now know you don't even read my fucking posts, so why respond?  Within my post I clarified my mistake on the touchdown total, yet you still try to rub in my mistake. 

"You're obviously a stat guy," have you never seen "situational stats??  The games where they are blowing out the other team, or getting blown out don't factor in.  Jesus Christ.  Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to Vince Young.  I work with a lot of folks who share your opinion that McNabb is a goo dqb, not a great qb, but they don't come off as pricks about it.  They don't completely ignore my points.  They don't toss aside very relevant situational stats. 

btw, of course Garcia and Westbrook are mvps of their teams...was that supposed to be shocking?  Re-read my earlier post and come back with something interesting.  I'll say it again, what star quarterback has torn his acl in the season, and come back to be an All-Pro the next season?  It doesn't happen! 

You'll read what ya wanna read, you'll think what ya wanna think...you'll see stat after stat that proves you wrong...but you can always come back with "intangibles."  That immeasurable stat.

God I hope McNabb goes somewhere else where his talents are appreciated.  If so, I can't wait to watch Philly rot for a good 4 years...at least.   beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #408 on: December 27, 2007, 01:10:59 PM »

Philly fans seem to appreciate the underdog, lunch pail guys, not the talented superstars.  So instead of supporting the amazing athletes that have played there over the past years (Mike Schmidt, Allen Iverson, and, yes, Donovan McNabb), they watch movies about a special teams guy (whatever that guy's name was played by Marky Mark).  I mean, this is a city that is home to Smokin Joe Frazier, one of the greatest boxers of all time, yet they build a monument to Rocky Balboa, who by the way, is not a real person. 

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #409 on: December 27, 2007, 02:36:41 PM »

Im just gonna be honest Axl4prez

I hate Donovan McNabb

Seriously.

I hate the guy with a passion.

I think he is lazy, a whiner and company? yes man.

He possesses every trait that I can't stand and he lets himself come off as the victim.

I lost all respect for McNabb during the T.O. situation.

T.O. was villafied but I believe a lot of what T.O. said was true. McNabb was the top dog till TO got there and then everyone turned their attention to him and I think McNabb got jealous. I think he is a primadonna. *Look how he criticized Philly Management for their draft*

DONOVAN was the one after TO got injured that said "WE DONT NEED TO to WIN"

U don't throw your teammate under the bus like that.

Also he is a pussy cause when TO kept calling him out, HUGH Douglas had to confront TO in the locker room as McNabb was too scared to even get in TO's face. What kind of leader is that?? ?U let someone mouth off at John Elway or Brett Favre and I guarantee their is an ass whipping in that locker room.?

Also, The Dallas win was MEANINGLESS and its not like he set Dallas on fire. Tony Romo's thumb lost that game and it was meaningless cause Philly are still sitting home.

Vince Young is also just in his 2nd season in the league. Give him about 4 more years and see where he is at.

I do apologize for the stats. I didn't know u were speaking of Situational stats.? McNabb is a vet and more experienced than Vince so I expect him to be better at reading blitzes etc now.

But u also have to take into account that McNabb has Westbrook who is a phenomenal check Down out of a blitz.

Vince has no back to check down to and no TE to check down to.

Kerry Collins last year for Tennessee went something like 1-3

Vince comes in and leads them to the playoffs going 8-4 or something like that the rest of the year *Didnt look that up so I could be a tad off*

Jeff Garcia did a BETTER job than Mcnabb last year and I guarantee had they kept Garcia, they'd probably be a playoff team this year.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 02:38:56 PM by D » Logged

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #410 on: December 27, 2007, 05:30:34 PM »

D, that's cool.  Good point about Westbrook being a great check-down on the blitz.  However, not all of those touchdowns in the blitz situations go to B.W., but, he does attract special attention which can open up a shitty receiver like Jason Avant or Reggie Brown...or Curtis.

Some call it throwing a teammate under the bus, others would call it rallying the shitty receivers together to know it's probably gonna be their show the rest of the way out.  "We don't need TO to win."  I may have said the same thing...but yeah, I'd have said it in a different way.  He was trying to rally the garbage receivers together.  But primadonna?  Not Donovan.  Listen, I know folks who know folks up on the hill (Syracuse U. is on a hill) and the reputation of his is stellar.  Other folks, NBA guys Derrick Coleman and Billy Owens included, very shitty...what you read is true.  Donovan is NOT lazy.  This guy works his ass off.  I've watched him in person play center on an Orange squad playing Georgetown's Jahidi White (big 300 pounder) and out-rebound him in his time on the floor.  (Etan Thomas had fouled out, I believe it was Etan's freshman year)  T.O. is a fucking head-case.  He is a child.  A bad one at that...very talented...but a child nonetheless.  My 4 year old has more patience and self-control than that headcase.  T.O.'s not the kind of guy who moves on to the next challenge forgetting the last play.  He dwells and stews then explodes.  He's unprofessional.  Professionals don't behave like that.  Hey, when times are good, TO's great to have around.  When they're not...just watch out.

Oh yeah, and I have still never mentioned 4th and 21.  Mr. McNabb had a little something to do with that win over the Packers when he connected with the marginal-NFL talent Freddie Mitchell to save the game.  That's gut-check time.

Yes, like I said before, give Vince Young time.  I think he can be very good.  Right now though, in his 2nd season, he's lagging behind Donovan's productivity at this stage of his career.  Remember, Donovan didn't have Westbrook starting until 2003 and before that had already thrown 71 touchdown passes and only 38 interceptions.  Even with shitty receivers Donovan was able to tear shit up by his sophomore season.  The clock is ticking on Vince, and if he doesn't get it done this weekend against the Colts, that ticking will be fucking loud as hell.  hihi 

Just two more things.  The Dallas game was anything but meaningless.  That game threw Dallas back into a tie with the Packers, and could potentially have played a huge part in Dallas possibly having to go up to Lambeau Field in January with a qb who may have a bad thumb.  (it was also important in that it killed my fantasy football money league pl;ayoff game!  hihi)  Second, you called Donovan lazy, a whiner, and a company yes man.  He worked his ass off to get back to starting off of an acl reconstruction in what, 9 or 10 months?  That's fucking insane!  Whiner?  That's really subjective but we can agree to disagree on that interpretation.  Company yes man?  I thought he blasted the Eagles for the draft?  Did he or didn't he?       

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #411 on: December 27, 2007, 05:57:59 PM »

I'll say it again, what star quarterback has torn his acl in the season, and come back to be an All-Pro the next season?? It doesn't happen!?

are you serious???

carson palmer. last season. that kinda destroys your whole argument for this season. the whole 0-2 start with an anemic offense with no emotion cannot be blamed on an injury from the previous season.

mcnabb is not clutch. and he's not a leader.

philly fans gave Jaws a ton of shit. but he was a leader. he dealt with it and said the right things. 

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #412 on: December 27, 2007, 11:02:37 PM »

I'll say it again, what star quarterback has torn his acl in the season, and come back to be an All-Pro the next season?? It doesn't happen!?

are you serious???

carson palmer. last season. that kinda destroys your whole argument for this season. the whole 0-2 start with an anemic offense with no emotion cannot be blamed on an injury from the previous season.

oops, forgot about Carson.  I give him a lot of credit.  That was one hell of a comeback.  He did start 4-5, and the Bengals finished 8-8, but the blame has to be placed squarely on the shoulders of their defense.  I was definitely wrong, it does happen...but it is very rare.

mcnabb is not clutch. and he's not a leader.

4th and 21.   I stand by my assertion that he leads in a different manner than most NFL quarterbacks.  Obviously it strikes the wrong chord with a lot of folks, Sandman and D included.  Here's the funny thing though.  This weekend, he could throw 5 touchdowns and the response would be, "there's no pressure, of course he did great!," but if he has a bad game, "see, I told you, McNabb's terrible," etc. 

Also, don't ya think if you were right about McNabb not being clutch, his 4th quarter performance in tight games would be sub-par?  Please answer.  Thank you.

philly fans gave Jaws a ton of shit. but he was a leader. he dealt with it and said the right things.
great, he dealt with it and said the right things.  too bad the Eagles didn't have that gritty Jim Harbaugh leading their team in the late '90's. His leadership would have carried the Eagles to at least 4 NFC championship games and a Super Bowl.  Roll Eyes

Jaws completed less than 50% of his passes in the Super Bowl and had 1 td to 3 ints.  Donovan threw for 357 yards, 3 tds and 3 ints.  Who choked?
Only one player in Super Bowl history has thrown for more 1st downs in a game than Donovan McNabb, that was Tom Brady in 2003.  Jaworski, I think he's a very good analyst, but I'd take Donovan leading my team in a heartbeat over Jaws...and so would 95% of NFL GMs.  Jaws had one good year.  Donovan's had many.

?

All this stuff being said, let's face it, the story is still being written.  The resume is impressive.  I see the trend continuing to improve...especially if he can get the hell out of Philly.  Philly will keep him though...they have to.  He'll be paid $6.3 mill. which isn't too steep.  But, you may disagree.  They could have had Garcia for $4 mil. this season. 
Now, if McNabb gets hurt next season, my support for him will definitely take a major hit.  I know that often times it's out of the athlete's hands, but that would be ridiculous and just not worth a team's investment.  I cannot wait to see how this all plays out.  yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #413 on: December 28, 2007, 01:27:00 AM »

It is commendable how McNabb came back from the torn ACL, I give u that

How about Carson Palmer like Sandman said

And Ill do even one better

How about Willis MacGahee?

Dude shredded three ligaments and came back pretty fast.

I think the job of a QB is close to a Head Coach. U have to know how to treat certain teammates.

T.O. is a headcase, I give u that and McNabb should've known better. U don't throw your teammate under the bus and the fact he never stood up to TO made him lose tons of respect.

Like I said. I don't like McNabb, I can't really put my finger on it. I guess those cheesy Campbell soup commercials and the way he never takes responsibility for things like he should.

I mean when the NAACP calls your ass out and u are BLACK, u know there has to be something going on.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #414 on: December 28, 2007, 08:06:41 AM »

if the eagles get rid of him, we would have about $3M of "empty cap space." when you look at the details of his contract (see below), it becomes obvious that since the end of the 2006 season, the ealges plan was to potentially get rid of mcnabb at the end of the 2008 season. In 2009, his salary increases significantly, and there's only a small cap hit of $1.2M due to his prorated bonus (the final year his bonus hits the cap). so they drafted his replacement and are giving him 2 years to prepare to be the starter.

2008: $6.3 million ($9.4 million cap cost)
2009: $9.2 million ($10.4 million, one of two prorated bonuses expires);
2010: $10 million ($10 million, second prorated bonus expires)
2011: $12.1 million ($12.1 million)
2012: $14.1 million ($14.1 million)
2013: $16.2 million ($16.2 million)

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #415 on: December 28, 2007, 08:11:57 AM »

if the eagles get rid of him, we would have about $3M of "empty cap space." when you look at the details of his contract (see below), it becomes obvious that since the end of the 2006 season, the ealges plan was to potentially get rid of mcnabb at the end of the 2008 season. In 2009, his salary increases significantly, and there's only a small cap hit of $1.2M due to his prorated bonus (the final year his bonus hits the cap). so they drafted his replacement and are giving him 2 years to prepare to be the starter.

2008: $6.3 million ($9.4 million cap cost)
2009: $9.2 million ($10.4 million, one of two prorated bonuses expires);
2010: $10 million ($10 million, second prorated bonus expires)
2011: $12.1 million ($12.1 million)
2012: $14.1 million ($14.1 million)
2013: $16.2 million ($16.2 million)

Enough said. Dump McNabb!!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #416 on: December 28, 2007, 01:02:34 PM »

I didn't want to get into this, but Vince is a second year guy who hasn't done anything in the NFL yet. He hasn't made it to the playoffs. He's never played in a super bowl. Has a fantastic defense to pull his ass out when he plays like shit. And a developing running game that definetly is helping him out. I'll give you the fact the guy plays great in the 4th quarter, his fourth quarter passing rating is leaps and bounds above everything else he does. But a Vince young now or McNabb who led his team to 4 nfc championships and a superbowl. McNabb takes too much slack for whats wrong in philly.

If all these back up quarterbacks were really that good than they would have started over Mcnabb a long time ago. Its obvious those guys come in and play awesome. And Reid has gotten some decent qbs in that back roll. Garcia started in the leauge for several years in a similar offense before he took over Mcnabb last year.

McNabb finally looks healthy again. He's moving around much better in the pocket, and is not so much of a sitting duck back there. I'm anxious to watch him next year. Philly fans escpecially, talk as if this guy is playing as bad as Cullpepper. Its nonsense, people just want someone to blame.

I say it all the time and I'll say it again. As long as Reid is in philly, McNabb will be the starter. At least for a year or two more.

Oh and contracts like that get reworked all the time.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #417 on: December 28, 2007, 01:14:42 PM »

Did anyone see the Pats vs. Dolphins game when they showed that guy wearing the I hate Peyton Manning t-shirt. I WANT one. Does anyone know where i can get one?? They say that people sell em outside fenway park after games but seeing how i'm 2000 miles away from my beloved fenway, i'm kinda shit outta luck.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #418 on: December 28, 2007, 02:08:31 PM »

Did anyone see the Pats vs. Dolphins game when they showed that guy wearing the I hate Peyton Manning t-shirt. I WANT one. Does anyone know where i can get one?? They say that people sell em outside fenway park after games but seeing how i'm 2000 miles away from my beloved fenway, i'm kinda shit outta luck.  smoking

I didn't see it...but it's not on eBay (amazingly).  Apparently the back says "And Eli Sucks Too."

I've never understood the NE hatred of Manning...care to explain for me?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #419 on: December 28, 2007, 03:07:01 PM »

Did anyone see the Pats vs. Dolphins game when they showed that guy wearing the I hate Peyton Manning t-shirt. I WANT one. Does anyone know where i can get one?? They say that people sell em outside fenway park after games but seeing how i'm 2000 miles away from my beloved fenway, i'm kinda shit outta luck.? smoking

I didn't see it...but it's not on eBay (amazingly).? Apparently the back says "And Eli Sucks Too."

I've never understood the NE hatred of Manning...care to explain for me?
I saw a guy wearing that shirt at one of the games this year.  Sweet shirt.  Not quite as good as the A-Rod Sucks/Jeter Swallows shirt though.
As for hating the Manning's. Speaking as a Pats fan, Peyton used to get all the kudos even though Brady would always beat the Colts and had the rings.  Sort of the same reason Sox fans hate A-Rod, among many other things. Since Peyton has won the big one though, I don't think there's as much hatred.  Oh, and the fact he's on every other commercial doesn't help.  Eli just plain sucks.  If his last name wasn't Manning he wouldn't be where he is today.  Now that I've said that he'll probably go out and throw 4 TD's and beat the Pats tomorrow.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: