Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 08:43:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 157129 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #380 on: December 16, 2007, 08:20:15 PM »

Nice to see Miami finally pick up a victory beer

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #381 on: December 16, 2007, 10:15:01 PM »

yes indeed, Lemon seems like a nice guy.   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #382 on: December 16, 2007, 11:50:26 PM »

Agreed...very happy for the Fins, though I think this might seal the deal for Billick in Baltimore.

And for our Philly fans: 

HOW 'BOUT THOSE EAGLES!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #383 on: December 17, 2007, 05:53:06 PM »

Agreed...very happy for the Fins, though I think this might seal the deal for Billick in Baltimore.

And for our Philly fans: 

HOW 'BOUT THOSE EAGLES!

Am I the only on who wanted Miami to go 0fer?? The only good thing about them winning, was hearing Rome go off on them  hihi

Hilarious what westbrook did at the end of the game... Have NEVER seen that done.... Although i'll be ranting about, the reasoning later...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #384 on: December 17, 2007, 05:59:49 PM »

how 'bout them Cowboys!  rofl rofl

6 points on your home turf? pathetic.

awesome move by westbrook. turns out Jon Runyan was the "brains" behind the move.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #385 on: December 17, 2007, 07:45:50 PM »

how 'bout them Cowboys!? rofl rofl

awesome move by westbrook. turns out Jon Runyan was the "brains" behind the move.
Yeah Romo and Owens decided to lay an egg for my fantasy team this week in the playoffs.  Thanks guys!  So good all year long, but when it matters most.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #386 on: December 17, 2007, 07:52:02 PM »

Hilarious what westbrook did at the end of the game... Have NEVER seen that done.... Although i'll be ranting about, the reasoning later...

I thought it was incredibly smart.  Sure, with the TD you go up two scores, but you also give them the ball.  Big D was out of timeouts, so scoring was actually a riskier behavior. 

Of course, everyone with Westbrook on their fantasy team probably shit a brick.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #387 on: December 18, 2007, 05:22:12 PM »

how 'bout them Cowboys!  rofl rofl

That was chest-bump worthy.   Grin

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #388 on: December 24, 2007, 09:45:56 AM »

No playoffs for McNabb this year!!!!  rofl rofl I love it!! ok

Hopefully he will be gone next year and I can root for the Eagles once again. yes

I don't think Green Bay ever had a chance Sunday against the Bears.  Undecided

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
sandman
Legend

« Reply #389 on: December 24, 2007, 12:05:51 PM »

i don't see how the eagles can NOT bring mcnabb back next year. who would their opening day starter be? Kolb? i guess that's possible, but i would be shocked. and it sure as hell can't be Feeley.

i will say that IF the birds are open to trading him, his trade value has probably increased in recent weeks. he's moving very well, and was throwing the ball nicely yesterday; albeit against the 30th ranked D in the league in a game that meant nothing (i.e. no pressure).

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #390 on: December 24, 2007, 02:13:45 PM »

If McNabb returns next season, I think the Eagles are a legitimate Super Bowl contender in the NFC.

Here Today . . .
sandman
Legend

« Reply #391 on: December 24, 2007, 03:15:46 PM »

If McNabb returns next season, I think the Eagles are a legitimate Super Bowl contender in the NFC.

they may be, but most people thought they were SB ocntenders this season.

next year's team will essentially be the same.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #392 on: December 24, 2007, 09:48:02 PM »

they may be, but most people thought they were SB ocntenders this season.

next year's team will essentially be the same.

Sandman, Donovan had an ACL reconstruction one year ago.  For someone with a new ACL, he has performed amazingly well, and yes, his mobility is returning.  You've seen it for yourself the last couple games. 

He has 21 fucking touchdown passes to 6 interceptions!  Completion percentage is well over 60%.  The numbers are great and the overall trend is he's getting better every week.  Nobody mentions it, but if McNabb is healthy for the Seahawks and Patriots, the Eagles win, and would very likely be in the playoffs.  McNabb doesn't throw picks, he throws tds.  Tell Feeley Lofa Tatupu isn't the 4th receiver.   hihi

For folks like Drew, God, I hope you get your wish.  I want Donovan on a team that appreciates the guy's amazing talent.  Kolb and Feeley, sink like a stone.....Eagles last place, all alone.  Oh well, look at it this way, if Donovan left, Eagles fans would want Reid gone by the time they were 3-6.  Then, after the interim coach has them go 4-12, the Eagles can boo their next high draft pick in '09.   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #393 on: December 24, 2007, 10:56:56 PM »

Nice all Sandman and Axl4prez

U guys had the Eagles 11-5 and Dallas 9-7

McNabb is done

I hate McNabb, I think he is overrated and the Eagles would've been better trading him and keeping Jeff Garcia.

McNabb has stats but he doesn't have the intangibles to me. I think he is the anti Vince Young

Whereas all Vince Young seems to do is win, McNabb seems to find ways to choke.

Dallas should play their starters and try to eliminate Washington next week.

Washington to me are dangerous. Kind of like baseball they are the hottest NFC team right now and they are quite dangerous.

I think NE will lose in the AFC title game to Indy

Indy played them very close without some of their top people.

Dallas vs Indy Superbowl

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #394 on: December 24, 2007, 11:40:41 PM »

If only Chargers had a better quarterback...

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #395 on: December 24, 2007, 11:42:35 PM »

The Eagles would be retarded to trade D-Mac this offseason. Some people think he'll force his own way out of Philly, but I think Donovan truly wants to be an Eagle, even with the way the fans treat him in Philly. Donovan is starting to play like his ol' self these days, now that his knee has finally healed. When he's mobile, he's a much more dangerous QB. For most of this season he wasn't even been close to a hundred percent. Now he is, and now the Eagles are winning. Had a few plays gone the other way this year, the Eagles would have a much better record, and, if they'd been able to make the playoffs, there's a good chance they would've returned to the Superbowl. There's no team they can't beat, especially in the NFC. But, unfortunately, the Eagles had a lot of bad luck this year, lost a lot of close games, and now they're on the outside looking in. If the Eagles make a few tweaks here and there in the offseason, and don't let Donovan go, they'll be a major contender next year, as long as McNabb and Westbrook can stay healthy.

And to D, I personally think Vince Young is hugely overrated. His stats aren't very good. He always has a ton of turnovers. I don't buy into the whole "all he does is win" theory. Tennessee may make the playoffs, but they're make an early exit.

I really have no idea what's going to happen in the playoffs this year. I don't want to see Dallas in the Superbowl. Nor do I want to see New England make it. And though I'd love to see Favre go out on top, I don't see Green Bay winning it all this year either.

I want to see the Jaguars go up against New England in the playoffs, though I think New England would probably still win. The Chargers are coming on strong now at the right time. But it'll still probably come down to the Pats and Colts in the AFC Championship, like always.

In the NFC, I could honestly see the Redskins making it all the way to the Superbowl, just because nobody really impresses me much in that conference. Neither the Giants, Seahawks, or Bucs are all that great. I thought the Packers were really good, but they looked absolutely terrible against the Bears this weekend. The Cowboys haven't looked all that great these past two weeks either. Basically, whichever team wins the NFC Championship doesn't stand a chance against the AFC.

Here Today . . .
sandman
Legend

« Reply #396 on: December 25, 2007, 09:01:46 AM »

mcnabb gets treated GREAT by the fans of Philadelphia. most people agree (including Andy Reid) that 90 - 95% of the fans love mcnabb.

but because mcnabb is one of the most sensitive sports athletes of our time, he focuses on the 5%. instead of realizing how F'n lucky he is to play in one of the greatest football towns in america, he cries about being booed by a bunch of drunk low-lifes.

Mcnabb has never embraced Philadelphia.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #397 on: December 25, 2007, 10:46:12 AM »

Sandman, I can't disagree with you more strongly.  You are flat out wrong.

90-95% of Eagles fans LOVE McNabb?HuhHuh?  Are you kidding me?Huh  Have you listened to any local sportstalk?  Do you watch the news?  Do you talk with any of your neighbors???  Any which way you cut it, he's bagged on. 

Before the season, half the folks I talked to wanted Garcia as qb.  I know season ticket holders who wanted McNabb gone before the season even started. 

When you talk to black Eagles fans, I've met a higher % who would rather have kept T.O. and sided with T.O. in the whole soap opera nonsense a couple years back.  The injuries to McNabb and the resultant sub-par performance put the nail in the coffin.  Hell, there have been numerous polls conducted.  The idiotic Eagles fans wanted Feeley or Kolb to quarterback this team! 

"one of the most sensitive athletes of our time."  bull-fucking shit.  The guy is a gamer and proves it day in day out.  I've watched him play since he kicked ass at Syracuse.  You don't know what the hell you've got in Philly. 

McNabb has never embraced Philly?HuhHuhHuh??  sandman, you do not know what the hell this guy has done for Philly.  He's kept your fucking Eagles a playoff team since he arrived 9 years ago.  The guy gets banged up and you throw him out like he's trash.  If I was Donovan I'd give Philly a big fuck you and sign somewhere else for less money...but he won't do that becausehe's a class act.  Obviously something Philly just doesn't appreciate...class.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #398 on: December 25, 2007, 01:22:50 PM »

Sandman, I can't disagree with you more strongly.? You are flat out wrong.

90-95% of Eagles fans LOVE McNabb?HuhHuh?? Are you kidding me?Huh? Have you listened to any local sportstalk?? Do you watch the news?? Do you talk with any of your neighbors?Huh Any which way you cut it, he's bagged on.?

Before the season, half the folks I talked to wanted Garcia as qb.? I know season ticket holders who wanted McNabb gone before the season even started.?

When you talk to black Eagles fans, I've met a higher % who would rather have kept T.O. and sided with T.O. in the whole soap opera nonsense a couple years back.? The injuries to McNabb and the resultant sub-par performance put the nail in the coffin.? Hell, there have been numerous polls conducted.? The idiotic Eagles fans wanted Feeley or Kolb to quarterback this team!?

"one of the most sensitive athletes of our time."? bull-fucking shit.? The guy is a gamer and proves it day in day out.? I've watched him play since he kicked ass at Syracuse.? You don't know what the hell you've got in Philly.?

McNabb has never embraced Philly?HuhHuhHuhHuh sandman, you do not know what the hell this guy has done for Philly.? He's kept your fucking Eagles a playoff team since he arrived 9 years ago.? The guy gets banged up and you throw him out like he's trash.? If I was Donovan I'd give Philly a big fuck you and sign somewhere else for less money...but he won't do that becausehe's a class act.? Obviously something Philly just doesn't appreciate...class.

even his supporters admit that he's sensitive. he's a mama's boy. he's a grown man and he still brings up the booing at the draft! it's pathetic. why take that so seriously? it was the "dirty 30" booing, and half of them are retarded.

then the eagles draft Kolb and all of a sudden mcnabb has a problem with the organization. he hires his own PR firm and makes comments detrimental to the team all year. Mr. Sensitive's feelings were hurt again. then he LIES about what Pam Oliver said in her report. hell, if she said "He's a sensitive person. I guess he needs whatever he needs."

still, andy reid said this last week...

"I think 90 percent of the people love him to death and the 10 percent that don't - those are the [ones] people listen to."

so basically, he's telling you that you are a moron for being fooled into thinking that that 10% represents any type of majority.

plenty of players love playing in philly because of the passion of the fans. trotter, dawkins, runyan, the list goes on and on. when spikes signed here he said the fans were a big part of the reason why.

your comments make it clear that you don't understand what philly fans are all about.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 01:26:32 PM by sandman » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #399 on: December 25, 2007, 03:08:17 PM »

Exactly what does Vince Young have in Tennessee?

He has NO wide receivers.

Name 5 people on Tennessee's Defense.

Vince turns it over but he turns it over at times that arent crucial.

When the game is on the line Vince Comes through almost everytime.

He manages games well until its time to step up and h e does.

Not all interceptions are created equal.

Throwing a pick up 21-0 is meaningless.

Throwing a pick when u are down 35-10 is meaningless.

Vince doesn't throw picks in crushing situations.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: