Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 11:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228481 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 157178 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #360 on: December 09, 2007, 04:21:49 PM »

How 'bout those Eagles!

Sorry, but after a week of Donovan HOF talk and "the Eagles WILL win and cover" I just couldn't resist. 

On another note, the Titans got completely fucked over by replay.  If they lose, it'll be a sore one.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #361 on: December 09, 2007, 05:30:16 PM »

Holy crap was I wrong about the Eagles this week!  Who'd have thunk a Westbrook fumble would be the big play that would change the game. 

I'll never understand why teams wait until the last minute to throw the ball downfield.  McNabb completed 2 beautiful strikes to set up the Eagles for a long field goal with 6 seconds left...why the hell weren't they doing that earlier?  The Giants had 2 starting safeties injured and out. 

Oh well, the damage was $5 to my father-in-law...a Giants fan no less!   Smiley  I can handle that.  Grin 

What happened with the Titans?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #362 on: December 09, 2007, 05:48:33 PM »

another pathetic day for the eagles offense. how many times has the D given up less than 20 point this year and still lost? just awful.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #363 on: December 09, 2007, 09:14:30 PM »

What happened with the Titans?

They had SD 4th and 8, under 2:00 remaining, and up 7.  It was one of those catches that was pretty close just from the live action, and very unlikely from the replay, but they didn't have a good enough angle to see it actually hit the turf, despite the fact that the ball was, very close to the turf (once it came into view on the way up, as the receiver rolled over), and not at all under control. 

Not enough to overturn, but it was brutal, because their D was obviously really tired, and they gave up the TD and then another in OT.   

McNabb with a beautiful opening drive and caps it with his 166th career touchdown pass.

I was impressed until I saw Manning throw #300.  Then I checked to see their relative times in the league and was surprised to see that Manning's only a year ahead.  Not that that's a knock on Donovan...I guess I just thought his numbers were higher than they were.  Of course, with 3 quarters left, Manning can best Elway after just ten years.  Now THAT'S impressive.  Donovan is within about 20 of Brady, though (though Brady didn't really play his rookie season).  Of course, that gap is widening quickly.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #364 on: December 10, 2007, 07:17:05 AM »

Did I mention the Eagles are going to win and cover against the Giants today?   yes

Oh well!!!!!  hihi rofl rofl rofl

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #365 on: December 10, 2007, 11:00:19 AM »

I felt Pittsburgh had a strong chance to beat the Pats, until I woke up yesterday morning and read a story about someone "guaranteeing" a win.  "So much for that," I thought. 

Their undefeated (regular) season is all but assured, now, I think, considering they play in the fuckin' Mickey Mouse division and have consecutive home games against NYJ and MIA. 

I'd like to think the Giants have a chance, but considering I laugh every time that commercial goes "Unstoppable.  Eli Manning is..." that's not likely. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #366 on: December 10, 2007, 11:40:09 AM »

I felt Pittsburgh had a strong chance to beat the Pats, until I woke up yesterday morning and read a story about someone "guaranteeing" a win.? "So much for that," I thought.?

Their undefeated (regular) season is all but assured, now, I think, considering they play in the fuckin' Mickey Mouse division and have consecutive home games against NYJ and MIA.?

I'd like to think the Giants have a chance, but considering I laugh every time that commercial goes "Unstoppable.? Eli Manning is..." that's not likely.?
You have to wonder if the Giants will have anything to play for in week 17.  They're pretty much assured the 5 seed in the NFC, they can't catch the Cowboys in the division and they will most likely have the best record of the wild cards.  So would they go all out to try and prevent a perfect season while running the risk of injury to key players when they have to play a playoff game the following week?  For the integrity of the game you'd like to think so, but playoff teams often rest their stars that last week of the season.  I'd guess they'd start the game with their "A" squad and see how things go.  If they're in position to win I'm sure they'd get caught up in the moment and go for it, if not their attention would shift to the next week.  And once again, half the country won't be able to watch the game, and possible history, as its on the NFL Network.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #367 on: December 10, 2007, 11:52:23 AM »

I agree the Giants proably have nothing to play for and should rest their starters....New England also techincally has nothing to play for, being that the goal is to win a championship not go undefeated in a season...im sure they would rather be 15-1 super bowl champs than 16-0 and lose in the playoffs because Brady got hurt in a meaningless regular season game...that being said I fully expect the Patriots to play all of their starters and run up the score on the Giants.....after all the Giants are a garbage team, yes they are going to the playoffs but so what...the Patriots are light years better than them in every aspect of the game
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #368 on: December 10, 2007, 04:45:27 PM »

Did I mention the Eagles are going to win and cover against the Giants today?   yes

Oh well!!!!!  hihi rofl rofl rofl

Put me in the same category as that idiot from the Steelers who guaranteed a W!!!!  I'm glad I'm not a gambler.  yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #369 on: December 10, 2007, 06:50:45 PM »

michael vick was jailed for 23 months today
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #370 on: December 10, 2007, 07:17:19 PM »

I agree the Giants proably have nothing to play for and should rest their starters....New England also techincally has nothing to play for, being that the goal is to win a championship not go undefeated in a season...im sure they would rather be 15-1 super bowl champs than 16-0 and lose in the playoffs because Brady got hurt in a meaningless regular season game...that being said I fully expect the Patriots to play all of their starters and run up the score on the Giants.....after all the Giants are a garbage team, yes they are going to the playoffs but so what...the Patriots are light years better than them in every aspect of the game

Patriots peaked too soon. It's a fact.
Hardly possible to maintain the momentum all the way...We'll see.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #371 on: December 10, 2007, 07:29:59 PM »

michael vick was jailed for 23 months today

Good riddance!  yes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #372 on: December 10, 2007, 07:57:53 PM »

Patriots peaked too soon. It's a fact.
Hardly possible to maintain the momentum all the way...We'll see.

Peaked too soon??? They just destroyed the NFL's #1 defense in all categories by 21 points..... Sucks to peak too early.
They started fast in week 1 and have carried that 14 weeks (with a few speed bumps, that just proved they can win close games). I love how people reach for anything possible to tear down a team that isn't theirs...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #373 on: December 10, 2007, 08:23:45 PM »

those two speed bumps were a reminder that one dimensional teams rarely win in the post season.

i'd be worried about playing the colts if i were a pats fan.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #374 on: December 10, 2007, 08:52:58 PM »

Now that they won't be able to put much pressure on Brady, not so worried.
When they need to run they can... they just don't need to run right now. Their speed bumps were their two worst played games of the season (in which they got Philly and Baltimore's best efforts) and they still won. Once they go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl this year I can't wait for the (*) talk. Need something to hang on to I suppose.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #375 on: December 11, 2007, 07:46:44 AM »

Now that they won't be able to put much pressure on Brady, not so worried.
When they need to run they can... they just don't need to run right now. Their speed bumps were their two worst played games of the season (in which they got Philly and Baltimore's best efforts) and they still won. Once they go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl this year I can't wait for the (*) talk. Need something to hang on to I suppose.

i'm a big brady fan. and it killed me to see him lose to Manning last year in a playoff game. 

but the fact remains that in two consecutive weeks, the pats offense was slowed down. the pats were in close games against bad teams, and horrible QBs, and the pats needed mistakes by the other teams (INTs, penalties, TOs) to win the games.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #376 on: December 11, 2007, 05:15:32 PM »

those two speed bumps were a reminder that one dimensional teams rarely win in the post season.

i dont think the Pats are really one dimensional...NOBODY can stop their passing attack so they continue to use it...they still have a solid running game which is the reason why defenses cant just rush two guys and drop everyone else back.....i think every NFL team is screwed this season....
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #377 on: December 11, 2007, 08:18:37 PM »

i dont think the Pats are really one dimensional...NOBODY can stop their passing attack so they continue to use it...they still have a solid running game which is the reason why defenses cant just rush two guys and drop everyone else back.....i think every NFL team is screwed this season....
Yeah, I mean you can point out those two close games they had.  I don't think you could blame their lack of a running game on why those games were close.  The offense, and passing game were still on point.  If anything you could say the defense played poorly for large parts, but they stepped it up in crunch time.  Both the Eagles and Ravens played well above their abilities those 2 games (especially Baltimore).  The Patriots were a little down, but still prevailed.  All that proves is that they can be beaten, no one has ever doubted that.  But as well as those two teams played on those days the Pats made the plays when it mattered most.  They were able to run the ball earlier in the season with Sammy Morris, since he's gone down they've pretty much been one dimensional on offense, but that hasn't slowed them down at all.  History tells us that you need to be able to run the football and play defense in January/February in the playoffs.  We'll have to wait and see if the Patriots can/need to.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #378 on: December 14, 2007, 07:05:24 PM »

I thought Sandman would love this.  I am in the 1st week of my fantasy football league's playoffs (non-HTGTH league).  Yup, I'm facing Donovan McNabb!  I think he's got a shot to put up some #'s in Dallas (but not a win).  Up against T.O., this game should be fun.   beer

The Patriots will go 19-0...but then again, I thought the Eagles were a lock against the Giants last week.  Embarrassed

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #379 on: December 16, 2007, 08:05:06 PM »

Go  Redskins  !!!!!  Grin

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: