Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 02:03:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228482 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 157259 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #320 on: November 27, 2007, 05:12:21 PM »

It aint always that easy when you've got a family at home.  Oh well.  It does look like they've got some web coverage of the game at nfl.com.  No, it's not the same, but it'll have to do.

btw, how bad is Gus Frerotte?  I have a feeling there's no line on the Falcons-Rams game because they're probably waiting on whether Bulger or Frerotten will be at the helm.  With Bulger, it's gotta be Rams by 9...without him, maybe even.

Cowboys are favored by 7...I just have a hunch it'll be closer.  It should be a fun game. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #321 on: December 02, 2007, 04:28:07 PM »

Bills pulled that one out  beer

Good job there Gibbs  Roll Eyes Calling two consecutive time outs, to freeze the kicker... I think Lindell woulda made it anyway, but a HOF coach cant make that bonehead call....
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #322 on: December 02, 2007, 04:53:30 PM »

Good job there Gibbs  Roll Eyes Calling two consecutive time outs, to freeze the kicker... I think Lindell woulda made it anyway, but a HOF coach cant make that bonehead call....

Add that one to the "rules that should be changed" thread.  I had forgotten that one, but 15 yards for calling a timeout?  Silly. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #323 on: December 02, 2007, 05:27:43 PM »

Add that one to the "rules that should be changed" thread.  I had forgotten that one, but 15 yards for calling a timeout?  Silly. 

Yeah I dunno.... Its ok I guess... You dont see it often, but when you do it makes the coach look like a fool  rofl
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #324 on: December 02, 2007, 06:24:37 PM »

Yeah I dunno.... Its ok I guess... You dont see it often, but when you do it makes the coach look like a fool  rofl

That's for sure...I didn't see (hear) if it was Gibbs that called the second, or a player on the field.  Was it Gibbs, for certain?  Because, if so, that's really really bad.  Players lose focus all the time, but you can rarely say that so clearly of a head coach.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #325 on: December 02, 2007, 07:36:34 PM »

that was a pretty shit call on the browns on the very last play, reviewing the play but not allowed to review the force out!!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #326 on: December 02, 2007, 08:14:51 PM »

That's for sure...I didn't see (hear) if it was Gibbs that called the second, or a player on the field.  Was it Gibbs, for certain?  Because, if so, that's really really bad.  Players lose focus all the time, but you can rarely say that so clearly of a head coach.

I've said it before here at HTGTH, Joe is done.  He did the same crap in his first year back.  In at least 2 games his first season back, he almost single-handedly lost the Redskins' games.  Now this...and I don't follow the 'skins closely...but from what I heard from Cris Collinsworth (one of, if not thee, best broadcasters on tv) Gibbs admitted he screwed up.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #327 on: December 02, 2007, 11:54:29 PM »

i'm surprised how much Dever is strugeling no not my favorite team, actually i hate them, but they were a good team and they lost to the raiders? thats kinda more sad than funny.

Steelers ( Cheesy) are kickin' ass at 9-3 winning against Cin. 24-10

something i'm also really surprised at is how good Green bay is doing yes i'm happy for them.

as for Sean Taylor? dying thats just fucked up royally. To be so young and have so much going for you then comes in 4 little mother fucking assholes that probably never worked a day in there life come in and take it all away is just not right. i hope they throw book at the sons a bitches rant

ps does any one else think that Madden needs to just shut the fuck up once in a while? or is it just me headscratch

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2007, 04:26:40 PM »

Why do you want Madden to shut up?

I for one, like a good laugh during a football game.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #329 on: December 03, 2007, 09:08:01 PM »

I must say, Madden has grown on me the past couple years.  He was the first one to bring up Willie Parker's rubber arm bands last night as a probable culprit for his 4 freaking fumbles.  I've always liked Al Michaels, and John Madden has grown on me the past couple years.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually, if you watched that Steelers game last night, you can't honestly think they're "kickin' ass."  Roethlisberger and Parker were far from their best.  I must say though, that a healthy Polamalu will make them quite formidable.  The Bungles just played terribly.  Yes, the weather was terrible, but Cincy was so close so many times and just didn't capitalize.  Plus, why the heck didn't Lewis challenge Henry's apparent td catch? 

My Vikings are makin' some noise!!!  The playoffs are actually in our grasp!  My dream scenario is a 1st round matchup with the hobbling Giants.  That has to be the worst 8-4 team I've ever seen.  Ward's out for the year...Jacobs is still hurt...their receivers are sloooooooow!  and Eli is Eli.

Mark it down now...right here.  If McNabb plays this week against the Giants, it's an Eagles win and cover.  Automatic.  I guarantee it.  Sandman, I hope you are listening to all the morons in Feeleydelphia now who watched AJ almost single-handedly lose that game yesterday.  13 touchdowns, 6 ints and an 87.3 passers rating, and they are trying to throw Donovan into the scrap pile.  I heard an interesting tidbit today on the radio.  Elway was looked at the same way.  He was the choke-artist, the guy who couldn't win the big one.  In his late 30's he wins 2 Super Bowls and retires a legend. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #330 on: December 04, 2007, 12:38:43 AM »

Wow!  That was quite a game.  All you people complaining about the Pats running up the score are now getting to witness some pretty exciting games.  I personally would like to return to the routs, but I don't see that happening.  It's gonna be a dogfight every week from here on out.  It's the Super Bowl for the opposing team each game.  The Pats D has shown these last 2 weeks that they aren't all that superior when the game is close.  In fact they were pretty awful tonight for 3+ quarters.  They did play very solid the last 10 minutes or so, I will give them that.  Lots of dropped passes on offense and Brady was a little eratic.  BUT, they pulled it out.  12 down, 7 to go.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #331 on: December 04, 2007, 01:27:13 AM »

BUT, they pulled it out.

A good game, but they got ridiculously fortunate.  Hell, they had three shots on that fourth down.  The Ravens must feel like they had their hearts ripped out.  It's like they won the game, but it goes as an "L" on a technicality.  That's one tough break, and a really difficult one to swallow.  no

I'm a little surprised that they didn't overrule the final TD pass, though as they would have had it at the 1 yd line, it hardly matters. 

That's two weeks in a row when less than exceptional QBs have thrown WTF! interceptions in the fourth quarter in a close Pats victory. 

In all honesty, this really reminds me of the Colts back in 2005.  They were 13-0, but teams finally knew how to beat them (run against what was a terminally poor run defense), and then two teams with great running games stepped up and did it. 

Don't know that that'll happen to the Pats...they have two gimmes against divisional opponents...but it's not as if these last two weeks have been squeakers against really good teams.  They're a combined 9-15.  Given what we've seen the last two weeks, a good team (Pittsburgh) can beat them.  It's just a question of whether they do.  If not, my guess is that Eli brings a shiv to the final game, to avenge the family.     

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #332 on: December 04, 2007, 01:44:43 AM »

That was a hell of a game . THe ravens shot them selves in the foot . shouldn't have thrown that ball Bulger .  Then that time out... What the fuck?

Steelers if they play like they can should give them ...the pats everything they can handle and maybe pull out a win.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #333 on: December 04, 2007, 03:25:18 AM »

After this Sunday, everybody in Philly and in the media should shut up about Feeley being the starter over McNabb. I believe the guy now has more INTs in two games than McNabb had for this entire season.  And I'm with you, Axl4Prez, if McNabb plays this week, the Eagles beat the Giants. I guarantee it. I also believe the Eagles would've won the last couple of weeks had McNabb still been on the field.

And I'm starting to believe the Patriots are God's favorite team. Either that, or Bill Bellichek really is the devil. The Patriots were unbelievably lucky last night.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #334 on: December 04, 2007, 05:09:15 PM »

^ Thanks Gilee.  The numbers are there to back it up.  Donovan's a future Hall of Famer.  He tore his ACL last year.  ACLs are never 100% the following season.  Who do they start shouting for next, Kolb?   rofl

That Steelers matchup with the Patriots will be huge.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #335 on: December 04, 2007, 06:03:41 PM »

CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually, if you watched that Steelers game last night, you can't honestly think they're "kickin' ass."? Roethlisberger and Parker were far from their best.? I must say though, that a healthy Polamalu will make them quite formidable.? The Bungles just played terribly.? Yes, the weather was terrible, but Cincy was so close so many times and just didn't capitalize.? Plus, why the heck didn't Lewis challenge Henry's apparent td catch??

i know there weren't there best but they won so therefore they kicked ass Cheesy

and i don't think that he could challenge anymore Undecided

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #336 on: December 04, 2007, 06:15:35 PM »

^ Thanks Gilee.  The numbers are there to back it up.  Donovan's a future Hall of Famer.  He tore his ACL last year.  ACLs are never 100% the following season.  Who do they start shouting for next, Kolb?   rofl

I'd like to see them trade for Grossman, if only to see if the red splatter, from all the collective heads in Philly simultaneously exploding, would reach NYC.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #337 on: December 04, 2007, 06:24:49 PM »

Will the Ravens SHUT THE HELL UP already!  They sound like a bunch of whiny bitches.  They SUCK!  They've SUCKED all year.  They played a GREAT game last night and almost pulled off the unthinkable.  But they didn't.  So a couple calls didn't go there way.  I could point out quite a few calls I thought the refs blew against the Pats as well.  Give it a rest.  It's over, go on and continue your miserable season after last years 13-3 campaign.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #338 on: December 05, 2007, 08:19:19 AM »

Feeley blows. always has. the cheap-ass eagles should have signed him this year. he'd be leading the team again and we'd be making a playoff run.

he would also be great to have next year as they transition to Kevin "corn on the" Kolb.

the eagles want to get rid of mcnabb, but i don't think it's a definite. primarily because we don't have any other good options. but if they wait another season or two to trade him, they will not get much in return. they were asking for 3 first round draft picks at the trade deadline. in the offseason, they may get one #1 for him (and maybe a 3 or 4).

as far as mcnabb being a Hall of Famer....no shot as of right now. things will change since he still has a few years left to play, but ESPN did an assessment of players chances back in august. here's what they said about mcnabb....

Although McNabb is one of the elite quarterback talents of his generation, injuries and big-game shortcomings hurt his reputation. Three consecutive NFC Championship Game losses and a Super Bowl defeat -- in which his star receiver accused him of running out of gas -- might prove difficult for Hall of Fame voters to overlook. If McNabb can build substantially on his statistical r?sum?, which already includes 152 touchdown passes, his chances improve greatly. However, if his injury woes continue, he likely will need at least one Super Bowl ring to secure a spot in Canton.

and so far, his unjury woes have continued and he hasn't exactly been playing like a HOF this season.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #339 on: December 05, 2007, 12:05:34 PM »

Donovan definitely has the potential to be a future Hall of Famer. If the guy can just get healthy, and stay that way, he'll put up some great numbers in the second half of his career. Most likely it's going to be for a different team, but whatever. Should Donovan be traded to the Vikings in the offseason, like some people think he may (either there or Chicago), I think Minnesota would become an automatic Superbowl contender.

Even though I'm a huge Eagles fan, I kinda want to see Kolb turn out to be a bust, and McNabb win a Superbowl with another team, just so all the Eagles' fans will see how good they had it with McNabb. They've never given him the respect he deserves.

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: