Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:38:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228485 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 157331 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2007, 06:51:15 PM »

I don't see another team in the NFL that can give the patriots a good run.

There needs to be only one.

Any good games this week?  I haven't looked, yet.

The games I'm seeing as intriguing are:
Sunday 1:00 Vikes-Packers
             4:15 Cowboys-Giants (Cowboys are only favored by 1 1/2???  Something sounds fishy  Huh)
 and      8:15 Colts-Chargers  (I really think San Diego and LT could make this interesting, the 3 point spread sounds about right)

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #261 on: November 11, 2007, 06:41:06 PM »

Come on, now.  The Steelers/Browns game was fantastic.  I know it's a long shot, but the Steelers just might make it interesting for the Patriots in a few weeks...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #262 on: November 11, 2007, 07:55:52 PM »

Come on, now.  The Steelers/Browns game was fantastic.  I know it's a long shot, but the Steelers just might make it interesting for the Patriots in a few weeks...

If anyone on the Pats' schedule has a shot, it's the Steelers. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #263 on: November 11, 2007, 08:58:49 PM »

No doubt, but I posted those games to watch on Thursday! 

I have to believe Vegas took a big hit on that Cowboys-Giants game...games like that make me wish I gambled...but then my rational self convinces me otherwise.  Wink

Chargers are up 16-0 right now in the 1st.  Get creamed by the Vikings and come back to be up 16-0 on the Colts in the 1st quarter.  Go figure.  Anything can happen.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #264 on: November 12, 2007, 08:46:13 AM »

Come on, now.? The Steelers/Browns game was fantastic.? I know it's a long shot, but the Steelers just might make it interesting for the Patriots in a few weeks...

No doubt, but I posted those games to watch on Thursday!?

I have to believe Vegas took a big hit on that Cowboys-Giants game...games like that make me wish I gambled...but then my rational self convinces me otherwise.? Wink

Chargers are up 16-0 right now in the 1st.? Get creamed by the Vikings and come back to be up 16-0 on the Colts in the 1st quarter.? Go figure.? Anything can happen.
Vinatieri misses potential game winning chip shot field goal.  That doesn't happen.  Apparently it does.  I'd like to take some credit for jinxing him.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #265 on: November 12, 2007, 01:50:38 PM »

Vinatieri misses potential game winning chip shot field goal.  That doesn't happen.  Apparently it does.  I'd like to take some credit for jinxing him.

Jinxing because he's a Colt, or because he left the Pats and is a "traitor" (and one without whom the Pats would have far less jewelry)? 

Anyway, what a miserable game that was.  The Colts have a lot of good receivers, but no Harrison and no Clark is really hurting the offensive flow.  Defenses can man-up the replacements, who aren't nearly as good, double-up Wayne, and stuff the run. 

On the bright side, the defense looked very strong.  SD only scored ten points on offense (three of which came on a possession starting deep in Indy territory).  Before we start hailing the return of SD, let's keep in mind that it literally took the perfect storm for them to beat Indy: injuries, horrible offensive rhythm, turnovers galore, and missed gimme field goals.  SD got Indy at the perfect time, and I think a rematch (in Indy, of course) would/will play out very differently.

In the meantime, the can rebound against KC and ATL, and hopefully heal up a bit.  I feel bad for the NFL network, picking that Indy/ATL game for Thanksgiving...obviously, it seemed a good call when Vick was still a Falcon, but now it seems a guaranteed stinker.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #266 on: November 12, 2007, 05:33:46 PM »

No, I'm talking about jinxing Vinatieri because as he was lining up for the field goal I said how it was as good as made, there was no way he was gonna miss the kick.  And I was speaking the truth, I really didn't expect Adam the great to miss a 28 yard field goal with the game in the balance.  But he did.  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for all Adam did for the Pats.  I have no ill will towards him.  He's a great kicker, possibly the best ever.  But he's missed a couple key kicks these last couple weeks, and doesn't have the leg he used to have on kickoffs.  And I agree, I wouldn't say San Diego is back now.  They played some good D and made the plays when they needed to.  But I'd still say they have some work to do.  And you're also right, they caught the Colts at about the perfect time.  Injuries are starting to mount and take a toll on Indy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #267 on: November 12, 2007, 06:15:33 PM »

Freedom:  "I feel bad for the NFL network, picking that Indy/ATL game for Thanksgiving...obviously, it seemed a good call when Vick was still a Falcon, but now it seems a guaranteed stinker."

I couldn't be happier the NFL Network is getting screwed!  Call me old-fashioned, (say this in an Andy Rooney-like nasally senior whine) but when it's Thanksgiving, I want to feel comfortable knowing that the Lions are getting there asses kicked in the early game, and by the time I'm completely full of good food and drink, the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders are shaking their pom-poms for me too.   Smiley

3 games on Thanksgiving just strikes me as overkill.  (not to mention the fact I don't get the NFL Network...perhaps that's the real reason I don't like the idea?   hihi)

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #268 on: November 12, 2007, 07:20:37 PM »

No, I'm talking about jinxing Vinatieri because as he was lining up for the field goal I said how it was as good as made, there was no way he was gonna miss the kick.  And I was speaking the truth, I really didn't expect Adam the great to miss a 28 yard field goal with the game in the balance.  But he did.  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for all Adam did for the Pats.  I have no ill will towards him.  He's a great kicker, possibly the best ever.  But he's missed a couple key kicks these last couple weeks, and doesn't have the leg he used to have on kickoffs.  And I agree, I wouldn't say San Diego is back now.  They played some good D and made the plays when they needed to.  But I'd still say they have some work to do.  And you're also right, they caught the Colts at about the perfect time.  Injuries are starting to mount and take a toll on Indy.

Gotcha.  And here I thought you might be wishing ill of my team.  hihi

But the injuries are getting out of control.  Each week I think "Still no Marvin?"  But losing Clark is where it really hurts.  Hopefully this weekend things will be different.     

Freedom:  "I feel bad for the NFL network, picking that Indy/ATL game for Thanksgiving...obviously, it seemed a good call when Vick was still a Falcon, but now it seems a guaranteed stinker."

I couldn't be happier the NFL Network is getting screwed!  Call me old-fashioned, (say this in an Andy Rooney-like nasally senior whine) but when it's Thanksgiving, I want to feel comfortable knowing that the Lions are getting there asses kicked in the early game, and by the time I'm completely full of good food and drink, the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders are shaking their pom-poms for me too.   Smiley

3 games on Thanksgiving just strikes me as overkill.  (not to mention the fact I don't get the NFL Network...perhaps that's the real reason I don't like the idea?   hihi)

Yeah, I don't know that I really meant it as I wrote it.  More of a "sucks to be them" thought than the "what a shame" way I wrote it.  I am quite annoyed that I will be denied seeing a game in which my own team plays.  So yeah...fuck the NFL Network!   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #269 on: November 12, 2007, 08:17:08 PM »

The Redskins just absolutely blew it and gave the game away to the Eagles.  rant

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
sandman
Legend

« Reply #270 on: November 13, 2007, 07:13:09 AM »

The Redskins just absolutely blew it and gave the game away to the Eagles.? rant

how exactly did they blow it? not scoring a TD after mcnabb's turnover?

besides that, i can't think of many other things to criticize them for. mcnabb got lucky on the bomb to reggie (skins had perfect coverage). and then westbrook, arguably the best RB in the league, took the game over. not much the skins can do to stop him. the screen was set up perfectly, and it was called against the perfect D (a blitz).

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #271 on: November 13, 2007, 07:58:11 PM »

Sandman, I was listening to Sports Extra on NBC 10 that night and they were explaining how the screen play was a McNabb audible because he in fact recognized the impending blitz.  Not a bad game for the bad leader... Wink  just sayin'.  Smiley

Smoot was funny in his post-game locker room interview.  He was saying the 'skins let the Eagles win, etc. 

Plus, I had to laugh out loud as James Trash comes back big against this sorry Eagles defense.  This year, only the Lions defense allowed the Redskins to put up that many points. (25)  Stinkin' McNabb...20 of 28 for 4 touchdowns.  What was he thinking on those 8 incompletions?  Bring on Kolb!!!  Roll Eyes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #272 on: November 13, 2007, 10:41:24 PM »

...and now they say that Freeney may need season ending foot surgery.  Man!  The misfortune is piling on more that the Pats against the blind school JV squad.  no

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #273 on: November 13, 2007, 11:58:24 PM »

I'm glad the Colts lost that game.? I am a fan of theirs, but trying to trick the Chargers into going offsides and getting a first down was LOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

That 5 yards made a huge difference as far as the field goal was concerned.

Oh!? I MUST apologize to Axl4Prez for what the Packers did to the Vikes on Sunday!? Grin

(I'm not being cocky, I promise!)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 03:40:29 AM by Larry » Logged
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #274 on: November 14, 2007, 03:27:25 AM »

I'm glad the Colts lost that game.  I am a fan of theirs, but trying to trick the Chargers into going offsides and getting a first time was LOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Teams try to induce a false start on fourth down all the time, often with the intent to punt or kick if they aren't successful in doing so...why such a big deal?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #275 on: November 14, 2007, 03:41:19 AM »

I'm glad the Colts lost that game.? I am a fan of theirs, but trying to trick the Chargers into going offsides and getting a first time was LOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Teams try to induce a false start on fourth down all the time, often with the intent to punt or kick if they aren't successful in doing so...why such a big deal?

Because they should have just kicked the field goal.

Adam missed a field goal earlier, why risk it?

Karma is a bitch.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2007, 08:15:23 AM »

Sandman, I was listening to Sports Extra on NBC 10 that night and they were explaining how the screen play was a McNabb audible because he in fact recognized the impending blitz.? Not a bad game for the bad leader... Wink? just sayin'.? Smiley

Smoot was funny in his post-game locker room interview.? He was saying the 'skins let the Eagles win, etc.?

Plus, I had to laugh out loud as James Trash comes back big against this sorry Eagles defense.? This year, only the Lions defense allowed the Redskins to put up that many points. (25)? Stinkin' McNabb...20 of 28 for 4 touchdowns.? What was he thinking on those 8 incompletions?? Bring on Kolb!!!? Roll Eyes

mcnabb finally gets his completion % up and the eagles win the game. hmmm.

i wonder how his teammates feel about him playing the blame game last week and trying to push the heat onto them. some leader.  Roll Eyes

and it's funny you criticize the defense. sure, they had a poor game. but they stopped the skins on 6 plays inside the 10 after mcnabb gave them the ball on yet another turnover. they could have put the game away, but the D stepped it up.

also, the two point conversion try in the 3rd quarter was a clusterfuck. firstly, they should not have been going for 2 there (big mistake by big red that thankfully didn't cost them). and secondly, mcnabb's throw was just a little bit off (5 feet maybe?) of a wide open receiver.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #277 on: November 14, 2007, 11:36:54 AM »

I'm glad the Colts lost that game.  I am a fan of theirs, but trying to trick the Chargers into going offsides and getting a first time was LOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Because they should have just kicked the field goal.

Adam missed a field goal earlier, why risk it?

Karma is a bitch.

They wanted to kill the clock...and Vinatieri kicking from the 11 doesn't seem all too risky.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #278 on: November 14, 2007, 07:10:05 PM »

...and now they say that Freeney may need season ending foot surgery.? Man!? The misfortune is piling on more that the Pats against the blind school JV squad.? no
Freeney is indeed out for the season, place on IR earlier today.  Tough blow for the Colts.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #279 on: November 14, 2007, 08:00:49 PM »

Sandman, I was listening to Sports Extra on NBC 10 that night and they were explaining how the screen play was a McNabb audible because he in fact recognized the impending blitz.  Not a bad game for the bad leader... Wink  just sayin'.  Smiley

Smoot was funny in his post-game locker room interview.  He was saying the 'skins let the Eagles win, etc. 

Plus, I had to laugh out loud as James Trash comes back big against this sorry Eagles defense.  This year, only the Lions defense allowed the Redskins to put up that many points. (25)  Stinkin' McNabb...20 of 28 for 4 touchdowns.  What was he thinking on those 8 incompletions?  Bring on Kolb!!!  Roll Eyes

mcnabb finally gets his completion % up and the eagles win the game. hmmm.

"I never argued a good completion % is important...D-Mac's is a whopping 3% higher than golden-boy Phil Simms Wink"

i wonder how his teammates feel about him playing the blame game last week and trying to push the heat onto them. some leader.  Roll Eyes

"Donovan never said he wasn't included in the reason the Eagles were losing.  He merely said it wasn't all his fault.  It's a team issue.  A team leader thinks with a team concept.  That's classic Donovan."

and it's funny you criticize the defense. sure, they had a poor game. but they stopped the skins on 6 plays inside the 10 after mcnabb gave them the ball on yet another turnover. they could have put the game away, but the D stepped it up.

"the 'skins offense is garbage.  the Eagles gave up 25 points to a team that only scored more against the Lions.  Embarrassed"

also, the two point conversion try in the 3rd quarter was a clusterfuck. firstly, they should not have been going for 2 there (big mistake by big red that thankfully didn't cost them). and secondly, mcnabb's throw was just a little bit off (5 feet maybe?) of a wide open receiver. 

"We actually agree on something!  Early 2-point tries are just stupid.  Put the points on the board."

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: