Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:25:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 157357 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #240 on: November 04, 2007, 07:10:57 AM »

you keep bringing up stats, but stats barely help your argument. mcnabb's accuracy has always been a problem. his career completion % is low. most great QBs are over 60%. peter king did an analysis of that a few years ago.

and winning a SB and being clutch are sort of MAJOR benchmarks for a QB. you joke about brad johnson, but he beat mcnabb and outplayed him in a playoff game! and the eagles were the better team!

mcnabb hasn't thrown many INTs over his career, but think of his biggest games:

- NFC champ game vs. rams - INT to end game when the eagles had a chance to win
- NFC champ game vs. TB - very poor game with an INT to end the game
- NFC champ game vs. Carolina - 3 INTs
- Super Bowl vs. New England - 3 INTs

so in the biggest games of mcnabb's life, he's come up the smallest and played far below his norm. he's basically the A-Rod of the NFL. and the birds only lost the SB by 3 points despite d-mac's 3 INTs - so obviously if he protects the ball they very likely win that game.

do you think mcnabb is a hall of fame QB?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #241 on: November 04, 2007, 08:08:51 PM »

Hey, my wife just ran her first marathon today!  I'll definitely write back a little later.   beer

PS  "A-Rod of football?"  I'll take that!  Yes, he's a Hall-of-Famer.  So is a guy named Jim Kelly.  I'd hate to see his "big game stats." 

Pre-roid Bonds was not a great post-season player with the Pirates if I'm not mistaken.  He was still the best player in my eyes in the early '90's.

I'll also stand by my statement that Donovan McNabb is a much much much better quarterback than Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer....and I'll still throw Phil Simms in there. (who by the way had a career completion % 3%  points lower than McNabb btw  Wink )

I've gotta go take care of my wife!  Gimme some more ammo Sandman!  I do respect your posts.  You make good points...I don't always agree, but you make good convo.   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #242 on: November 04, 2007, 08:31:02 PM »

Brett Favre joins Brady and Manning as the only 3 QB's to defeat all 31 teams- EXCELLENT!

The Pack are for real.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #243 on: November 04, 2007, 08:49:27 PM »

Brett Favre joins Brady and Manning as the only 3 QB's to defeat all 31 teams- EXCELLENT!

The Pack are for real.

Thats quite a interesting stat.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #244 on: November 05, 2007, 12:24:48 AM »

The Eagles season is done. I understand that Andy Reid has problems at home and I feel for the guy, but tonight T.O had a field day against the Eagles and the the players made a mockery of the Eagles organisation tonight.I'm an Eagles fan since 1999 and besides the SB loss this is the worst I've felt as a fan, the players didnt seem to care tonight. 
sandman
Legend

« Reply #245 on: November 05, 2007, 07:57:41 AM »

The Eagles season is done. I understand that Andy Reid has problems at home and I feel for the guy, but tonight T.O had a field day against the Eagles and the the players made a mockery of the Eagles organisation tonight.I'm an Eagles fan since 1999 and besides the SB loss this is the worst I've felt as a fan, the players didnt seem to care tonight.?

you're right. they have played with little emotion for most of the season. and again, they have been badly outcoached. especially the offense. no emotion, poor gameplan. Madden pointed it out all night.

and mcnabb's opening play fumble (and 2 INTs) set the tone for the whole night. he continues to miss open WRs, and then when he does hit them, they drop some.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #246 on: November 05, 2007, 03:05:54 PM »

I'd like to see the Pats and Colts play again...yesterday's game was a fiasco. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #247 on: November 05, 2007, 04:06:44 PM »

I'd like to see the Pats and Colts play again...yesterday's game was a fiasco.?

what do you mean?

i enjoyed the game. two great teams loaded with talent, close game, an exciting 4th Quarter, and a come-from-behind ending.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #248 on: November 05, 2007, 07:19:54 PM »

Very happy to see the Cowboys beat the Eagles last night!

Good game and win for Brett Favre and the Packers.

Sucked that Indy lost.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #249 on: November 05, 2007, 07:37:53 PM »

A fiasco because the Pats won?
I think that game yesterday may actually help both teams in the long run.  I've gotta admit, I thought the Pats were gonna win handily.  The Colts impressed me a lot on defense.  I guess they really are legit.  They're fast and physical, and can pressure the QB.  And Bob Sanders is really good.  And the Pats just couldn't stop Addai at all.  And without Harrison and some other starters, I think the Colts proved (if they even had to), that they can certainly play with the Pats on any given day.  And it's clear that the Pats aren't quite as invincible as some may have thought.  Really, the same can be said for both teams.  Both are beatable by OTHER teams, though it'll take a really well executed game plan to pull it off.  The Pats were finally put to a test in a hostile environment and they passed.  You've got to be able to win close games.  I remember when the Pats beat the Rams in their first Super Bowl, the Rams were just so used to blowing teams out and expected to do the same to the Pats, it was like they weren't comfortable in a close game.  You have to be able to win all sorts of ways, cuz you can't beat every team 52-7.  And now the Pats SHOULD have home field if the teams meet again, so that helps.  But again, there's not as much separation between these two teams as I thought.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #250 on: November 05, 2007, 07:55:22 PM »

Put Harrison and Keiaho in the lineup and I think the Colts take it.  Harrison has lost a step and is a #2/#3 receiver at this point, but not having Freddy Keiaho in the linebacking corps is hurting the Colts a bit.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #251 on: November 05, 2007, 08:14:41 PM »

Put Harrison and Keiaho in the lineup and I think the Colts take it.? Harrison has lost a step and is a #2/#3 receiver at this point, but not having Freddy Keiaho in the linebacking corps is hurting the Colts a bit.
You could say that, but the Pats nearly beat the Colts last year in the playoffs without Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Harrison, Seymour, and a host of others.  You never know what'll happen with or without certain guys, that's why the best teams have the most depth.  Injuries are going to happen, you need to be able to fill those holes. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #252 on: November 06, 2007, 11:08:54 AM »

what do you mean?

i enjoyed the game. two great teams loaded with talent, close game, an exciting 4th Quarter, and a come-from-behind ending.

The officiating was poor, the play was somewhat sloppy (dropped passes), and I'd like to see them play with fewer key injuries between them. 

There were some great plays.  Moss's one handed grab was impressive, as was Brackett's tip to himself for a pick. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #253 on: November 06, 2007, 07:32:26 PM »

what do you mean?

The officiating was poor, the play was somewhat sloppy (dropped passes), and I'd like to see them play with fewer key injuries between them.?

There were some great plays.? Moss's one handed grab was impressive, as was Brackett's tip to himself for a pick.?
I gotcha.  The game wasn't as crisp as it could have been, but at least it was a close game.  Often these highly publicized matchups are blowouts.  This one went down to the wire.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #254 on: November 06, 2007, 07:53:20 PM »

what do you mean?

The officiating was poor, the play was somewhat sloppy (dropped passes), and I'd like to see them play with fewer key injuries between them. 

There were some great plays.  Moss's one handed grab was impressive, as was Brackett's tip to himself for a pick. 
I gotcha.  The game wasn't as crisp as it could have been, but at least it was a close game.  Often these highly publicized matchups are blowouts.  This one went down to the wire.

Granted, some "crispness" is bound to be lost, if the defenses play well, which the Colts did for the first three quarters, and the Pats certainly did in the 4th.  But there were passes that hit receivers' (good receivers!) hands and were just missed.  I'm certain that neither team came away feeling that they couldn't play considerably better. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #255 on: November 06, 2007, 08:39:24 PM »

The rematch will be great in the AFC Championship game.  This game was great.  The Patriots are down 10 with 8 minutes left and they come back to win.  That's great stuff.  Colts fans can be happy they played without one of the best receivers in the game (Marvin) and Moorehead had a huuuuge drop for an easy catch semi-deep down the middle of the field.  Patriots fans can be happy knowing rest-assured they will be facing the Colts at Gillette Field in the "real" Super Bowl.   Wink

Can somebody please explain to me why the Falcons haven't turned over the backfield to Jerrious Norwood?  I'm stumped.  Plus, my patience with Alexander in Seattle is hanging by a thread.  If I were Holmgren, I think I'd be close to backfield by committee with Morris.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #256 on: November 06, 2007, 08:42:21 PM »

what do you mean?

The officiating was poor, the play was somewhat sloppy (dropped passes), and I'd like to see them play with fewer key injuries between them.?

There were some great plays.? Moss's one handed grab was impressive, as was Brackett's tip to himself for a pick.?
I gotcha.? The game wasn't as crisp as it could have been, but at least it was a close game.? Often these highly publicized matchups are blowouts.? This one went down to the wire.

Granted, some "crispness" is bound to be lost, if the defenses play well, which the Colts did for the first three quarters, and the Pats certainly did in the 4th.? But there were passes that hit receivers' (good receivers!) hands and were just missed.? I'm certain that neither team came away feeling that they couldn't play considerably better.?
Yeah you're right.  Brady actually underthrew quite a few balls, and Moss dropped at least 3 balls to my knowledge.  I was yelling at those two in particular during the game.  How fickle I am with how well they've done so far this season.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #257 on: November 08, 2007, 12:19:35 PM »

I enjoyed the game between the Pats and the Colts imensly. Here are some thoughts about the game.

The patriots out-gained, out-scored, and had the ball longer in the second half than the colts did. The pats held Addai to something like 60 total yards in the second half, when he got over 170 in the first. So ya Addai had a great 1st half but where was he in the second half when it counts? People are questioning the pats defense. We stopped addai, caused 2 fumbles; recovered one, intercepted peyton manning and held the colts to 7 points. All in the second half. Is there room for improvement. Damn right there is. But the patriots defense performed in that second half. They stepped up and shut down the colts at the end of the game.

Not only did the defense perform well all second half, the offense finally woke up with 8:00 minutes left. It was like they flipped the switch and started playing. Tom Brady is having the season of a life-time. It was like magic watching him in the fourth quarter. Down by 10, it was like Brady and the entire patriot team said to themselves, "We've fucked around for 50 minutes, now lets get out there and win this thing." And that is exactly what they did.

Everyone keeps saying the pats defense is in trouble if they want to compete. Or they can't stop Addai. If only harrison was there. Or whatever other excuse they want. The Pats won. Their defense gave up the big play in the first half and let the colts drive on em. But stopped them twice in the red zone and forced them to kick field goals. The defense shut down the colts in the second half. We have no huge problems on defense. Our offense is spectacular. This team is almost unbeatable. The colts can talk about the rematch all they want, the result will be no different.

I don't see another team in the NFL that can give the patriots a good run. This team has the first real legitamate shot at going undefeated. They are much better than the colts have been when they got close. Their playing better than I remember the steve young 49's or emmits cowboys or that denver team that got close. They are definetly better than the 99 rams team and would beat the living shit out of the 72 dolphins team. If the patriots WANT to go undefeated they will. Thats the major question, WHEN the patriots go 14-0 and have sealed home field, will they go for an undefeated season. Because if they want to, they will do it. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #258 on: November 08, 2007, 02:45:22 PM »

I don't see another team in the NFL that can give the patriots a good run.

There needs to be only one.

Any good games this week?  I haven't looked, yet.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #259 on: November 08, 2007, 05:24:19 PM »

I don't see another team in the NFL that can give the patriots a good run.

There needs to be only one.

Any good games this week?? I haven't looked, yet.

And that one lost to the pats 24-20. And if faced again will lose to the pats again.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: