Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:02:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 157400 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #220 on: October 29, 2007, 07:17:05 PM »

At least going for it on 4th and 1 gives the chance for a turnover on downs.

But just so I can understand, you would have no problem if they hadn't gone for the 4th down and kicked the field goal then finished the game 48-7 instead of 52-7?

Correct, for the most part.  Some in the media have said it's inappropriate to keep scoring when you're up big, but I'm not taking that stance at all.  If the D can't stop them, they can't stop them.  But going out of your way to try to score a meaningless TD (which they've done on multiple occasions) is where my complaint is based.  Also, after a quick glance at the play-by-play, the fact that they were up 38-0 after three quarters, and still chose to pass about 50% of the time is striking.  Not exactly what you do, if you're trying to waste clock.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #221 on: October 29, 2007, 08:06:52 PM »

^just to play devil's advocate for a second because I really do get your point...but we have to remember the running backs for the Pats have been banged up this season.  Maroney may still not be 100%.  Sammy Morris is out.  Should they just keep feeding 3rd down back Kevin Faulk or one of the slow fullback-like white guys??  Also, if I'm remembering correctly, didn't scrub backup Cassel scramble for the last touchdown?  If Brady goes down, they need this guy to be ready.

rofl  Okay, I can't justify it anymore!  Ha, of course they rubbed it in!  I'm cool with that though.  Let your game do the talking.  Cheap shots in retaliation though, no way.  Never cool.   no

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #222 on: October 29, 2007, 09:37:15 PM »

At least going for it on 4th and 1 gives the chance for a turnover on downs.

But just so I can understand, you would have no problem if they hadn't gone for the 4th down and kicked the field goal then finished the game 48-7 instead of 52-7?

Correct, for the most part.? Some in the media have said it's inappropriate to keep scoring when you're up big, but I'm not taking that stance at all.? If the D can't stop them, they can't stop them.? But going out of your way to try to score a meaningless TD (which they've done on multiple occasions) is where my complaint is based.? Also, after a quick glance at the play-by-play, the fact that they were up 38-0 after three quarters, and still chose to pass about 50% of the time is striking.? Not exactly what you do, if you're trying to waste clock.

You've got to understand that while the Patriots were thought of as this team filled with good guys, always do the right thing image, that's actually far from the truth.  They whooped it up in San Diego last year in the playoffs to the point that LT wanted to fight them at the end of the game.  They whooped it up against the Eagles in the Super Bowl a couple years back.  They know they're good and they're not afraid to show it.  And the disrespect that people showed them after Spygate only enhances the fact that they want to destroy their opponents on a weekly basis.  Too bad if you don't like it or think it's classless.  I think it's classless that you call Bill "Belicheat" and "a cunt of a man", but that's your perogative.  Belichick and the Pats could care less if other coaches, media types, or fans think it's classless for them to run up the score and why should they?  I don't remember people complaining about the Colts or Rams of years past running up the score, it's simple jealousy, that's all it is.  The Patriots are good, have been for some time now, so impartial fans HATE good teams (ie. the Yankees).  That's fine, I understand that.  Try to look at it from their point of view though.  If someone took all your accomplishents and questioned them, you'd want to defend yourself and prove emphatically that you are worthy of everything you've accomplished.  They are in the process of doing that, with an exclamation point.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2007, 10:10:07 PM »

You're all right.  I'm wrong.  Bill Belichick is an upstanding individual.  He should be awarded Humanitarian of the Year.  The Patriots only score all those points because God is a Pats fan and he's pledged, for every point they score, to cure one deadly disease.  It also has the side benefit of teaching underprivileged children the importance of mathematics.

I have realized my error, and will never again speak ill of the Patriots, nor of their chivalrous, rational, and completely un-spoiled fan base.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2007, 10:25:53 PM »

I'm glad you see it my way... I'd feel bad if you still thought the Pats were running it up next week when they leave Indy with a 20+ point victory.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2007, 10:28:38 PM »

I'm glad you see it my way... I'd feel bad if you still thought the Pats were running it up next week when they leave Indy with a 20+ point victory.

Nope!  Consider the Kool-Aid drunk.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2007, 10:30:53 PM »

pac man is doing tna wrestling

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #227 on: October 29, 2007, 11:36:22 PM »

You're all right.? I'm wrong.? Bill Belichick is an upstanding individual.? He should be awarded Humanitarian of the Year.? The Patriots only score all those points because God is a Pats fan and he's pledged, for every point they score, to cure one deadly disease.? It also has the side benefit of teaching underprivileged children the importance of mathematics.

I have realized my error, and will never again speak ill of the Patriots, nor of their chivalrous, rational, and completely un-spoiled fan base.? ?
Finally we got through to you, welcome aboard.  I never claimed that Bill Belichick was a Noble Peace Prize candidate.  Frankly if he wasn't coaching the Pats I'd probably dislike him a bit.  But he IS one hell of a coach, and he's a Howard Stern fan, so that's cool.  To think back when they pryed him away from the Jets I thought they were foolish to give up draft picks to get him.  I was in favor of hiring Dom Capers, shows you what I know.  And yes, New England sports fans have been a bit spoiled of late, and I love it.  Keep it coming!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #228 on: October 29, 2007, 11:38:25 PM »

Wow...what a finish that was!  One play, 83 yards.  Game over.  Very nice.  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: October 30, 2007, 03:10:00 AM »

Brett Favre is a fuckin' legend. What a game!

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #230 on: October 30, 2007, 05:05:59 AM »

awesome game. thanks for reminding me  Garry   beer
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #231 on: October 30, 2007, 08:53:18 PM »

Great game last night and what an exciting finish!! I'm very happy that Green Bay won!!! ok

Go Favre!!!!   beer

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #232 on: October 31, 2007, 12:48:03 AM »

awesome game. thanks for reminding me? Garry? ?beer

HEY!  Glad you got to watch it man!

*polka music*
GO!
PACK!
GO!

sandman
Legend

« Reply #233 on: November 02, 2007, 10:25:36 AM »

mcnabb finally had a good game last week. he hit most of his open receivers, and the eagles won the game. hopefully he can keep it up this week against the cowboys.

for the season he is ranked:

- 12th in QB rating (90.6, which is higher than his career rating of 85.6).

- 25th in Completion % (60.2%, which is higher than his career 58.4%)

- 15th in Yards/Attempt (7.39, which is higher than his career 6.82)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #234 on: November 02, 2007, 09:31:38 PM »

mcnabb finally had a good game last week. he hit most of his open receivers, and the eagles won the game. hopefully he can keep it up this week against the cowboys.

for the season he is ranked:

- 12th in QB rating (90.6, which is higher than his career rating of 85.6).

- 25th in Completion % (60.2%, which is higher than his career 58.4%)

- 15th in Yards/Attempt (7.39, which is higher than his career 6.82)

All of this having had his ACL reconstructed less than 1 year ago.  God damn.  I don't know who gets more undeserved shit thrown his way, Donovan or Axl.   Huh

Give me the names of quarterbacks that are so much better than McNabb...not named Brady, Manning, or Favre.  Now, take those quarterbacks and dismiss the ones who've actually had quality receivers to catch the passes.  Hmmm, the list aint too long eh? 

Don't make me dredge up the stats again.  More than 2 td passes for every interception over his career throwing to g-a-r-b-a-g-e receivers.  Yes, I said garbage because that's what they were and are.   rant

Sandman, you know how easily riled up I get...it's cool though.  All in fun.   Smiley  Just remember, the man is not 100% healthy, not even close, yet he doesn't complain about it.  It's just a fact.  ACL's take time.  The anterior cruciate ligament is a horrible injury, I should know, I've done mine in myself.  Even with working your ass off in rehab, you don't feel 100% for a good 12 to 15 months, for me it was a good 15 months.  That's the main reason he was sacked 12 times by the G-Men.  It's part of the reason he doesn't look comfortable in the pocket.  Be patient man.   ok

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #235 on: November 03, 2007, 08:02:53 AM »

he has good WRs this year. he had stallworth last year. he's has westbrook (the most dangerous weapon in the NFL) for a few years now.

he's having an average year, but it's his second or third best year of his career. but i did agree that he had a nice game vs. the vikings.

but here's why i'm not a fan of mcnabb...he's not a leader. and here's two examples:

1. he missed a wide open TE during the bears game, and he laughed.
2. he requested management to sign T.O. (a known lunatic), and then treats him like he's just any other player.

#1 is obvious, as bill parcells says in his Commandments of being a great QB, he says leaders cannot be clowns. and that's what mcnabb is, a clown. nice guy, not a leader.

#2 - last week brady ran the ball in the end zone when Moss was wide open. Brady then went and explained himself to moss to make sure he didn't get pissed. should QBs have to do this? no. it's pathetic. but the reality is, most WRs are "me-first" and they want the ball at all times. you have to accept that and you have to treat them a little differently. TO is on a whole other level. you can't treat him like a normal human being, and you have to expect him to act like a lunatic.

the problem was, d-mac couldn't stand the fact the TO stole the spotlight from him. instead of being a leader, he got caught up in the stupid shit WRs worry about. there was tension there already midway through the SB season. then when TO got hurt, mcnabb made an asshole comment about not needing him.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #236 on: November 03, 2007, 03:47:03 PM »

Sandman, I watched that game but again, I disagree with your inference.  "Brady then went and explained himself to moss to make sure he didn't get pissed."  It could have been Welker or Stallworth or Kyle f'in Brady.  If it were one of those guys, you wouldn't have seen a camera shot of the 2 talking.  Hell, if Moss scratches his nutsack the wrong way, the camera will be there. 

McNabb has always been a class act.  If he's not physically in pain he's smiling.  He enjoys the game.  Just because he smiles through the good and the bad doesn't mean he's not a leader.  His style has always been to keep things loose.  It's part of the reason he's been able to put up such great numbers and appear in 4 NFC Championships and 1 Super Bowl. 

btw, d-mac doesn't care about a "spotlight."  He's not an ego guy.  If he were, he'd be jealous of Westbrook's amazing play.

Bill Parcells' biggest qb's.  Phil Simms and Drew Bledsoe.  I'd take McNabb to lead my team any day over those 2 quarterbacks.

McNabb's been playing for 8 seasons if you count this season and 1999 as one season (2 half seasons)
He had Stallworth for 6 games in 2006.  I'm pretty sure he was injured in one early, so he may have had 5 games with McNabb.  So, D-Mac had TO for 1 1/2 seasons, and Stallworth for less than a half of one.
Please admit he's had garbage receivers throughout his stay in Philly. 

He's thrown 160 touchdowns to 74 picks, while adding 24 rushing tds.  Those numbers are downright gaudy.  Before this season, thee Tom Brady had a 147 to 78 ratio of tds to ints.  Ya see what having good wide receivers does to a high-quality quarterback?  In 2004 D-Mac had 31 touchdowns to 8 picks with TO.  Not to mention a 64% completion %.  He has done more with less and gotten the shaft from Philly.  Please give the man his due. 

*brought to you by the Fans of Donovan McNabb at HereTodayinPhillyThoughtItWasHell.com   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #237 on: November 03, 2007, 06:33:06 PM »

moss gave brady the thumbs up to let him know he wasn't pissed. everyone knows what the conversation was about.

and the fact that you put mcnabb over phil simms shows you have no clue what you are talking about.

biggest game of mcnabb's life - he threw 3 int's and he threw up on the field.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #238 on: November 03, 2007, 07:37:48 PM »

Oh my.  Can we get a vote here at HTGTH?  C'mon Sandman, you don't have to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.  That's not very nice.   peace

Phil Simms?  His career numbers are horrendous.  One game does not a career make.  McNabb is head and shoulders above Simms.  McNabb doesn't have a ring.  Neither does Marino.  Ya know who does?  Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson.   hihi 

You are telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, but you have yet to reply to my prior post.  You told me, "he had stallworth...and TO."  Did you see how many games he played with them?  He had n-o-t-h-i-n-g at receiver his whole career, and he's still been amazing! 

btw, maybe the Moss thumbs-up was a, "nice run."  ...and you don't think Brady would have done the same thing with Welker or Stallworth or Brady, or Vrabel?  Of course he would.  The media loves to play these games.  Moss isn't the baby who needs an ego stroke, that's T.O.  They are very different.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #239 on: November 04, 2007, 01:08:37 AM »

Phil Simms?  His career numbers are horrendous.  One game does not a career make.  McNabb is head and shoulders above Simms.  McNabb doesn't have a ring.  Neither does Marino.  Ya know who does?  Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson.   hihi 

I don't know Simms's career numbers, but I would bet they're not Marino's!  Winning a Superbowl is a team effort.  The QB gets FAR too much credit when they do it (Brady was talked about like a football GOD, but he wasn't...until this year), and FAR too much blame when they don't (Marino still talked about in terms of being the best to NOT win, despite the fact that we was probably much better than many who did). 

So, yes, I generally agree with you.  Rings are great.  But the best QB ever, with a bad O-line or poor receivers, or just a below average defense\ isn't likely to win one. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: