Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:25:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 157428 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2007, 11:38:28 AM »

Fuckin fudge Packers  rant

Do I sense a Bears fan?   rofl

***BREAKING NEWS*** ***THIS JUST IN***

McNabb has been sacked again!! yes rofl

I wonder how long before we start seeing the 'HONK...if you sacked McNabb' bumper stickers.  hihi

How about: "HONK if you sacked McNabb, and then he claimed it was racially motivated"?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #181 on: October 01, 2007, 01:59:54 PM »

after the game reid says "we should have given him (justice) help". couldn't he figure that out DURING the game???

birds were outcoached so bad. and reid is back to his pass-happy ways. we were down 7-0 until very late in the 3rd, and we only ran the ball 35% of the time. despite buckhalter averaging 6.1 yards per carry.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #182 on: October 01, 2007, 02:45:30 PM »

Somewhere....the Giants Defense just sacked McNabb, again.

How do the G-men go from looking like a High School team to looking like a playoff contender in 2 weeks time?  I mean..besides sacking McNabb?

I said it at the begining of the season, when talking to friends of mine, that NYG could go 10-6 or 6-10, depending on which team decided to show up.  They're making my case with every passing week. Hopefully, the media shitstorm that engulfed them after their lazy week 2 performance has lit a fire under their asses.  SOMETHING woke up the defensive unit.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #183 on: October 02, 2007, 07:36:25 AM »

***BREAKING NEWS*** ***THIS JUST IN***

McNabb has been sacked again!! yes rofl

I wonder how long before we start seeing the 'HONK...if you sacked McNabb' bumper stickers.  hihi

How about: "HONK if you sacked McNabb, and then he claimed it was racially motivated"?

Hahahahahaha! That's more fitting Freedom78!  rofl rofl rofl ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
cuddergnr
Headliner

@CCudder

« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2007, 02:34:04 PM »

go cowboys , 4 and 0 baby much k

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #185 on: October 02, 2007, 06:34:40 PM »

after the game reid says "we should have given him (justice) help". couldn't he figure that out DURING the game???

birds were outcoached so bad. and reid is back to his pass-happy ways. we were down 7-0 until very late in the 3rd, and we only ran the ball 35% of the time. despite buckhalter averaging 6.1 yards per carry.

Sandman, I agree with you 100%.  Buckhalter's a good back and he was under-utilized.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »

Remember when there was a BS rumor last year that Axl was at an Eagles game?

I betcha even he's sacked McNabb.

So there are only 4 undefeated teams left?  Wonder who will go down next.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2007, 12:38:08 AM »

So there are only 4 undefeated teams left?  Wonder who will go down next.

Colts (sorry to say it  Cry) are most susceptible this week, with injuries against Tampa Bay (though their victories aren't against quality teams).  But if they get through, then NE @ Dallas (week 6) will be a key one.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2007, 09:06:31 AM »

So there are only 4 undefeated teams left?? Wonder who will go down next.

Colts (sorry to say it? Cry) are most susceptible this week, with injuries against Tampa Bay (though their victories aren't against quality teams).? But if they get through, then NE @ Dallas (week 6) will be a key one.
I'd say, one of those teams is bound to lose.  We'll see how good Dallas really is next week.  The Pats could put up 50 on their defense, the Giants almost did in week 1.  And we'll see if the Boys can score against a very good defense, they did against the Bears with a little help from Rex Grossman and company.  But not to get ahead.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2007, 09:44:08 AM »

I was at the Pats/Browns game yesterday and saw a guy wearing a customized Patriots jersey, with the name Guns N Roses on the back.? Probably the best jersey I've ever seen in my life.? I yelled out Guns N' Roses, but I don't think the guy heard me. 

Pats continue to roll.  Probably their worst game of the season and they still scored 34 points and covered the 16 1/2 point spread.  Big game next weekend against the Boys.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2007, 08:00:37 PM »

Faldor, you lucky s.o.b.!  This is a good time to be a Patriots fan.  You've got my favorite wide receiver of all time, Mr. Randy Moss, and if there are no major injuries, you will be easily taking home the Vince Lombardi trophy.   Congrats.

Back in college we had co-ed football, and so yes we had jerseys.  Needless to say, I was number 22, and the name across the top...AXL  (of course)  Glad to hear people are carrying on the tradition.   beer

The only thing in my eyes that will let the Cowboys have a shot at even being close to the Pats next week is if they stink it up vs. the Bills.  The "bounce-back" effect is their only hope.  If all goes according to plan tonight though, and the 'boys dominate the Bills, next week they are toast vs. the best team in the NFL bar-none.   peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #191 on: October 09, 2007, 08:36:30 AM »

Faldor, you lucky s.o.b.!? This is a good time to be a Patriots fan.? You've got my favorite wide receiver of all time, Mr. Randy Moss, and if there are no major injuries, you will be easily taking home the Vince Lombardi trophy.? ?Congrats.

Back in college we had co-ed football, and so yes we had jerseys.? Needless to say, I was number 22, and the name across the top...AXL? (of course)? Glad to hear people are carrying on the tradition.? ?beer

The only thing in my eyes that will let the Cowboys have a shot at even being close to the Pats next week is if they stink it up vs. the Bills.? The "bounce-back" effect is their only hope.? If all goes according to plan tonight though, and the 'boys dominate the Bills, next week they are toast vs. the best team in the NFL bar-none.? ?peace

Well, it all worked out how you projected.  The Cowboys sucked last night, BUT somehow held on to win.  They had no right whatsoever winning that game.  I still don't know how they did it.  They now have their chance to "bounce back".  But they better bounce back quick or the Pats are gonna bury them.  Short week, Tony Romo finally came back to earth and did his best Rex Grossman impression against a mediocre defense.  Can't wait for Sunday.  And yes, Moss has been fantastic so far.  Steal of the off-season, one of the best WR's of all time for a 4th round draft pick.  So far so good, not to mention Adalius Thomas, Welker, Stallworth, etc.  Bring it on Cowboys.  Colts look really good too, as usual.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2007, 04:14:46 PM »

Why Pats' Brady Will Set the TD Record:

3.) Luck --- Before people jump all over me, let me say that luck isn't a big part of this.  The Patriots are incredibly skilled.  But the chips certain fell their way when, in the hopes of scheduling an early season battle of AFC dominance, they were given a home date with the Chargers in Week 2.  In their first three games of the season, the Chargers had 77, 52, and 73 yards rushing.  Now, the Chargers may be down this year, but they're not that far down, are they?  Probably not.  In their next three outings, they rushed for 133, 214, and 206 yards.  That's a pretty big difference.  Now, what does the rushing of San Diego have to do with Tom Brady's run at glory?  Well, time of possession, of course.  The Chargers held the ball for approximately 24 minutes in their matchup with the Pats.  Had they been able to run the ball with any effectiveness, they would have probably kept the Pats off the field long enough to cut at least one Brady TD pass out of the equation. 

But the Pats' luck doesn't stop there.  They also have the advantage of playing in the AFC East...football's worst division.  Six games against Miami, NYJ, and Buffalo?  Yes, please!  They're 27th, 28th, and 31st in overall team defense, respectively, with Buffalo and NYJ in the bottom seven in passing defense, as well.  It's an offensive dream for the Pats to play in that division. 

2.) Injuries --- Injuries?  Yes, injuries.  They've helped Brady's effort, to some extent.  In his five TD performance at Dallas, the Pats were without Laurence Maroney, and they rushed for only 75 yards.  In his six TD performance at Miami, Maroney returned, but was used in somewhat limited fashion, carrying the ball only six times.  "Cha-ching!," says Brady, as Dallas and Miami completely fail to stop the pass.

1.) They Want To --- That's right, the Pats are good enough to pretty much whatever they want, despite 16 games of opposition trying to stop them.  They've clearly decided that they want Brady to break this record. 

Now, some of you might believe that it's important for any record-breaking performances to occur within the natural flow of the game.  For example, when just yesterday Tennessee kicker Rob Bironas set an NFL record with eight made field goals, each and every one of them occurred as an expected outcome of what had happened in the game.  There were no "let's pad the stats" kicks, rather than going for it on a 4th-and-inches in the red zone.  No tack on kicks at the end of the game to get him the record.  For those of you who think that this is the proper way to do it...well, you're right!

It should be clear, by this point, that the Patriots have no respect for anyone or anything but themselves.  They've already been caught cheating.  They have found a way to unnecessarily run up the score in every game this season (hey, even mega-homer Bill Simmons admits this one), the most blatant case being against, Dallas, up fourteen points with 0:23 left in the fourth, and running it in for a TD from the 1 yd line, when a field goal would have given them a three score advantage (not that they needed it, with 0:23 left) and served the dual purpose of showing a little class and respect of your opponent and the game.

But those are the Pats of yesteryear (remember those underdogs slugging it out with a dominant St. Louis in Super Bowl  XXXVI?).  Respect for anything but their sense of entitlement?  Gone.  Brady will get this record, barring an injury.  And he's having a phenomenal year, so I don't begrudge him the record.  But the way the Patriots are going about this, possibly their best year ever, is saddening.  On December 19th, 2004, Peyton Manning entered a game against Baltimore with 46 touchdown passes...two shy of Marino's record.  After a tough first half, he threw his first to Marvin Harrison with 6:07 left in the third, to bring him within one of Marino's record.  The crowd could smell it.  They wanted it.  When Indy defender Cato June ran an intercepted pass back to the Baltimore 4 yard line, it grew into a pandemonium.  And then Manning took a knee.  Watching from home, I screamed "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?," before looking at the clock and realizing that it was inside a minute to play, and Baltimore was out of timeouts.  And then he knelt again, and the game was over.  After the game, Manning said "If it happens during the course of the game, that's the way it's meant to be.  It was just good to get the win."  A week later he tied and broke the record.  A week after that, with the playoff position assured, Manning played one series, and then sat the remainder of the game, despite having a chance to pad his record. 

Of course, that won't happen with New England.  Up 146 - 0 against a team of thrice concussed, blind kindergarteners, Belicheat would go for the TD. 

No class.  No respect.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2007, 06:57:59 PM »

Listen, I'm an impartial judge.  I'm a Vikings fan.  NFL records, Super Bowls, etc., my team has nothing to do with them, we're above those types of things!  hihi

The Patriots did not, I repeat did not "run it up" on the Dolphins.  The Dolphins had come within 21, and with Maroney and Morris both banged up, guess what?  They threw the ball....'nuff said.

I agree with the writer that Brady will break the record, but I don't think it's because they are "classless."  The primary reason Brady will break the record is that he finally has world-class wideouts...(btw, it's something Peyton has had for a while now with Harrison and Wayne)

I said it from day one that when the Patriots got Randy Moss, the Super Bowl would be theirs.  Welker and Stallworth make it even more of a cinch.  For God's sake, Brady was already amazing with guys like Troy Brown, Reche Caldwell, etc.

Sounds to me like this writer has a chip on his shoulder...must have passed up Brady in his fantasy football draft.  hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #194 on: October 22, 2007, 07:20:32 PM »

Of course, that won't happen with New England.? Up 146 - 0 against a team of thrice concussed, blind kindergarteners, Belicheat would go for the TD.?

No class.? No respect.

*? ? ?

This isn't Pop Warner, this isn't high school, this isn't even college football... This is pro football. These are grown men being paid to play football. If you can't stop the Pats from hanging 50 points on you in one half... Shame on you. Why should they slow down.

They also have a little chip on their shoulder from listening to moronic players from the teams they dispatched over their last three Super Bowl seasons talk about how they stole "their" rings. This season is going to be 16 games of them pounding teams into submission so there is no question after this run thru the Superbowl.

Maybe teams should worry more about stoping the Pats than complaining that they were classless in the ass kicking they handed out that week.

Also why run the ball, when you can stand at the 50 yard line and heave the ball into double coverage with a 95% chance that Randy Moss is coming down with it? Or you throw a 5 yard crossing pattern to Dante Stallworth and he turns it into a 65 yard RAC touchdown.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #195 on: October 22, 2007, 07:22:41 PM »

Was nice to see the Bears beating Donovan and the Eagles. ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #196 on: October 22, 2007, 08:22:37 PM »

Was nice to see the Bears beating Donovan and the Eagles. ok

Just wait until next season Drew...you may be cheering Donovan on.  With a finally healthy defense and Donovan at the helm in his hometown...2008 could be the year for the Bears.  Berrian and Olsen will make for some much-improved targets...just get rid of Benson in the meantime and you'll be set.  ok

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #197 on: October 22, 2007, 08:50:56 PM »

you're a vikes fan and a mcnabb fan, so hopefully your boy ends up in minnesota. he's such a great QB, he'll turn that pathetic franchise around in no time.  Roll Eyes

you tried to put words in my mouth in the other thread. i'm not blaming mcnabb for yesterday's loss. he shares some of the blame - if you saw the game you would have seen that he missed a wide open schobel in the end zone in the first half. the eagles biggest problem right now is scoring in the red zone. that starts with the QB. if he makes that throw early in the game, we potentially blow that game wide open.

others to blame are the coaches, reggie brown who dropped a catchable TD pass, and considine who blew the coverage on the final TD. i can't lay too much blame on the D though - they are giving up an average of about 16 points a game. that should be good enough to have a winning record. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #198 on: October 22, 2007, 09:44:05 PM »

the game was lost because the defense made Griese look like Elway.  Yes, I saw the game on tv, and there were some missed opportunities.  Personally, I wouldn't have avoided Hester on kickoffs either.  Giving the Bears great field position all day long was bound to bite 'em in the ass.  But, the reason I put the loss on the d is for the same reason we'd be blaming McNabb if on the last play of the game with perfect protection he threw the ball 20 feet over the head of a wide open receiver.

sorry if I put words in your mouth, it was unintentional.

my Vikes need a lot more help than just quarterback.  our o and d lines and A. Pete are nice...but everything else is really bad.  Embarrassed

peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #199 on: October 23, 2007, 12:54:29 AM »

I hope the Jags don't lose Garrard for too long.  I thought they were probably a playoff team, this season.  I'd hate to see a loss like that kill their chances...not that Garrard's great, but he's certainly better than the poor guy who backed him up.

Listen, I'm an impartial judge.  I'm a Vikings fan.  NFL records, Super Bowls, etc., my team has nothing to do with them, we're above those types of things!  hihi

rofl  Sorry...that was funny (maybe not to you).  I always thought they'd pull it off, back in the Culpepper to Moss days, but it just never happened.

The Patriots did not, I repeat did not "run it up" on the Dolphins.  The Dolphins had come within 21, and with Maroney and Morris both banged up, guess what?  They threw the ball....'nuff said.

I would agree with that...but they DID run it up against Dallas.  In fact, I would say that nothing done in the first three quarters can constitute as "running up the score."  And I'm a believer that you have to keep playing, so I've nothing against running your offense and making them stop you.  You'll note that I didn't say anything about the way they beat Miami (except that with Maroney coming off an injury, it was no surprised that they passed a lot).  I suppose I shouldn't have said they did it "every" game, though I was citing a week old article in making that point.  But (against Dallas) taking it in for a TD, on a fourth down, with 23 seconds remaining, when you're up 14...that's textbook "running up the score."  'Nuff said.

I agree with the writer that Brady will break the record, but I don't think it's because they are "classless." 

Right...it's because they're really really good.  I think that was said.  The point was that they'll do classless (disrespectful might be a better word) things in its pursuit. 

The primary reason Brady will break the record is that he finally has world-class wideouts...(btw, it's something Peyton has had for a while now with Harrison and Wayne)

Hmm...Brady certainly has Moss as his "world class wideout"...but who's the other?  Welker seems like an up-n'-comer, Watson is a good TE, and Stallworth has put together a decent career, but "world class"?  After this season, we'll see. but, it's a good group of receivers, with Moss at the top.

Sounds to me like this writer has a chip on his shoulder...must have passed up Brady in his fantasy football draft.  hihi

"This writer"?  Sorry...by not including a source, I thought it was obvious that I'm the writer.  And the only chip I have is against their disrespectful tactics.  I think Brady is having a helluva season, but it's sad that it's surrounded by these other issues.  And I don't play fantasy football. 

This isn't Pop Warner, this isn't high school, this isn't even college football... This is pro football. These are grown men being paid to play football. If you can't stop the Pats from hanging 50 points on you in one half... Shame on you. Why should they slow down.

See above, RE: Miami.

They also have a little chip on their shoulder from listening to moronic players from the teams they dispatched over their last three Super Bowl seasons talk about how they stole "their" rings. This season is going to be 16 games of them pounding teams into submission so there is no question after this run thru the Superbowl.

Yeah...the season the get caught cheating is the one with "no question."   rofl

Maybe teams should worry more about stoping the Pats than complaining that they were classless in the ass kicking they handed out that week.

Are you under the impression that I'm on a team that has played the Pats this season?   

Also why run the ball, when you can stand at the 50 yard line and heave the ball into double coverage with a 95% chance that Randy Moss is coming down with it? Or you throw a 5 yard crossing pattern to Dante Stallworth and he turns it into a 65 yard RAC touchdown.

I didn't argue that.  He's got great weapons and uses them.  I never once said they should run it instead of passing.  My argument was that they have no respect for their opponents and, thus, the game, and that this fact will lead to Brady's TD stats being padded. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: