Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:25:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 156863 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #500 on: January 02, 2008, 03:05:58 AM »

Randy Moss career stats

Includes two horrible years in Oakland with no QB:

Moss 10 Seasons:

774Catches? ?12,193yds 15.8 avgyardspercatch? 124 TDS

Harrison:12 Seasons? 1042Catches 13944 Yards? 13.4avg 123TDS

So essentially Harrison has played 2 more seasons than Moss

U can take away this season for Harrison but take away the horrible years In Oakland with Moss

Also throw in the fact Harrison was playing with Peyton Manning in a pass happy offense whereas Minnesota had another great Receiver in Cris Carter, Great RB in Robert Smith and still Moss' stats are comparable.

U put Moss in a pass happy offense like NE and he'd be putting up the stats he has this year every year. Marvin Harrison would not be close.

Moss' best season was this season  98 Catches 1493 Yards 23TDS

Harrison's best season  143catches 1700 plus yards 11tds

He was the only weapon of Manning's back then thus he got the majority of throws.

In 2002 Peyton Manning threw the football 591 times

Culpepper threw 18tds and 23picks

Marvin Harrison has also never seen the double and triple coverage Moss has throughout his career.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 03:10:59 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #501 on: January 02, 2008, 03:12:48 AM »

You guys must not watch much football...

As much as I like Moss, I must disagree with D.

Harrison is great, and blah blah, it really doesn't matter who is throwing to him as you stated. It is what it is.

Right now, Moss is better. As for a career in whole, Harrison has the better career.

As for my picks, which will be much more accurate...

AFC:
Pats vs. Colts (again, and it's not that hard to do the obvious)

NFC:
Cowboys vs. Packers (I'm a huge Cowboys fan, with the bye week, TO will be back, and they aren't 13-3 by accident lmao)

Cowboys vs. Colts (with the colts hurt badly they damn near beat the pats in the reg. season and they'll do it again this year)

Cowboys champs

i hate doing this, I am a fan, but they are really good... if the pats get passed the colts the pats will win it all...

The pats beat the colts once and will do it again.

I don't buy the cowboys being as good as cowboy fans think they are. They should make it to the superbowl, but I also think they could easily be knocked off in their first game.

Your just hoping beyond hope the pats will lose to the colts so if the cowboys make it they won't be spanked by 20 points again. ?rofl

Every game from here on out for the pats is the game of their lives. I do not believe the patriots will lose. Everyone but pat fans may want them to lose but nope the patriots will have a 19-0 record. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #502 on: January 02, 2008, 03:23:13 AM »

^^ I disagree, other than pummeling the Steelers, the Pats have played some pretty tight games over the last few weeks.  When the Giants almost beat you, you know you're in trouble  hihi

AFC has a lot of strong teams.  Winnint AT foxboro is f'ing hard to do though - should be a fun playoffs.  the AFC championship will be the superbowl though.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #503 on: January 02, 2008, 04:12:22 AM »

Tennessee @ San Diego--- I think Tennessee is the worst team in the playoffs (on either side). I think San Diego wins big. LT and the Chargers have gotten hot at just the right time.

Jacksonville @ Pittsburgh--- I hope the Steelers win, but, without Willie Parker, I don't think it's going to happen. The game will probably be close, but the Jags will win, just like they did a few weeks ago.

NYG @ Tampa Bay--- I think this is the year the Giants finally make it past the first round of the playoffs. I'm not as down on Eli as everybody else is . . . I think he and the Giants' running game will put up enough points to pull out a victory.

Washington @ Seattle--- I think this is the hardest game to predict. I could see the Redskins losing this game, and yet I could also see them going all the way to the Superbowl. They're on a hot streak right now. A few sports writers have been comparing them to the Steelers team that won the Superbowl a couple years ago. I think Washington wins this game. Anybody ever seen the movie The Sixth Man with Marlon Waynes--- where his brother dies on the basketball court but his ghost comes back to help the team win??? I think the same thing is happening with Sean Taylor.

Here Today . . .
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #504 on: January 02, 2008, 09:07:28 AM »

The Seatle Seahawks - Hard to predict, but I have a feeling.

The Jacksonville Jaguars - All Roethlisberger does is throw interceptions! hihi

The San Diego Chargers - The Chargers are on a roll.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers - I think Tampa Bay's offense will be too much for The Giants to handle.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #505 on: January 02, 2008, 11:08:13 AM »

Randy Moss career stats

Includes two horrible years in Oakland with no QB:

Moss 10 Seasons:

774Catches   12,193yds 15.8 avgyardspercatch  124 TDS

Harrison:12 Seasons  1042Catches 13944 Yards  13.4avg 123TDS

So essentially Harrison has played 2 more seasons than Moss

U can take away this season for Harrison but take away the horrible years In Oakland with Moss

Sorry, but no.  Missing a 3/4 of a season due to injury is NOT the same as having two shitty seasons (he played in 29 of 32 games)

Also throw in the fact Harrison was playing with Peyton Manning in a pass happy offense whereas Minnesota had another great Receiver in Cris Carter, Great RB in Robert Smith and still Moss' stats are comparable.

Throw in a few more "ifs," if it'll make Randy look better!  rofl   

Moss' best season was this season  98 Catches 1493 Yards 23TDS

Harrison's best season  143catches 1700 plus yards 11tds

Hilarious!  It may be his best receptions and yardage season, but he's had six seasons with a higher TD total.  But I'm sure you didn't do that on purpose.  Go into politics.  Seriously.

He was the only weapon of Manning's back then thus he got the majority of throws.

Again, this is not true.  People are under the impression that it's "Manning to Harrison" and then all the rest of the receivers. 

In the Manning years, Harrison averaged 28% of the teams receptions.  He has, at times, had fewer receptions in a season than Marshall Faulk and Reggie Wayne (and, no, I'm not counting this season to reach this conclusion), and they also had a strong backfield receiving threat in Edgerrin James for many years.

The Colts have allowed opponents to play "don't let Marvin beat us" defenses, while throwing it to Wayne, Clark, James, Addai...and so on.  And he still puts up pro-bowl numbers year after year.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #506 on: January 02, 2008, 06:28:51 PM »

Freedom, we'll argue about this one until we're blue in the face, but like I said before, Marvin and Randy are both Hall of Famers.? However, D is right.? If you stick Randy Moss on the Colts for the last 10 years, he'd own every record for a wide receiver known to man.? Case closed.?

He had 2 seasons on a dreadful Raiders team.? Kerry Collins, Andrew Walter, Marques Tuiasosopo...was Aaron Brooks in there too?? I forget, but it was fucking garbage.? He still put up 1000 yards and 8 touchdowns his 1st season there.? That's amazing.?

Now, why do you think it took Marvin Harrison until his 4th professional season to light it up?? Randy was a star from Year 1.? Marvin was a late bloomer.? Again, I love Harrison.? He's a class act.? He's a Syracuse alum.? He's one of the greatest wide receivers ever.? But, I repeat, but, he is not as good as Randy Moss.?

btw, you don't think team defenses gameplan to stop Randy Moss?? You think Marvin's a bigger focal point for defensive coordinators than Randy Moss?? ?rofl? Surely you jest good sir.? Surely you jest.? ?Smiley

PLAYOFF PICKS!

Seahawks-Packers? (Holmgren against his former team, Favre magic)?
Bucs-Cowboys? ? ? ? ?(Garcia, like somebody on this board said before about '06, will "go deep into the playoffs."
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?if that's true, I guess winning one and losing one counts as "going deep in the playoffs."? ?hihi

Packers-Cowboys? ?Home field is big.?

Cowboys

Chargers-Colts? ? ? (Titans are a couple years away.? Steelers have waaay too many key injuries. DE, O line and RB)

Jags-Patriots? ? ? ? ? (interesting game.? especially if the weather is bad.? the Jags are tough. great game)

Chargers-Patriots? ?Patriots.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Patriots, 19-0.

Freedom, Freeney's loss was huge.? I don't know if Marvin will be 100% healthy or not.? Sorry, I think they go down to the Bolts.? Tell Peyton he can detail his car with some flames or something while he's watching the Super Bowl on tv. ( a free pep-talk from Axl4Prez2004!)
 Grin?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #507 on: January 02, 2008, 08:17:21 PM »

Freedom, we'll argue about this one until we're blue in the face, but like I said before, Marvin and Randy are both Hall of Famers.  However, D is right.  If you stick Randy Moss on the Colts for the last 10 years, he'd own every record for a wide receiver known to man.  Case closed. 

Case closed.  Jury verdict: wrong!

Freedom, Freeney's loss was huge.  I don't know if Marvin will be 100% healthy or not.  Sorry, I think they go down to the Bolts.  Tell Peyton he can detail his car with some flames or something while he's watching the Super Bowl on tv. ( a free pep-talk from Axl4Prez2004!)
 Grin 

We finally agree on something (in this thread)!  Freeney is a big loss, and I too am wondering about Marvin.  But I'll leave you with this.  When they played the Colts in Week 10, the Bolts played at home, scored two TDs on special teams, caught the Colts without both Harrison and Clark, Manning threw six(!) interceptions, and Vinatieri missed two field goals...and they still won by only two points!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #508 on: January 02, 2008, 08:44:31 PM »

"free pep talk"  rofl

those are great ads, but at the same time I want to punch him in the face (only b/c the truth hurts and my beer gut is getting bigger by the minute)  hihi

I still love some of he coors light "press conference" ads.

beer and football.  god bless america.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #509 on: January 02, 2008, 09:09:17 PM »

"free pep talk"  rofl

those are great ads, but at the same time I want to punch him in the face (only b/c the truth hurts and my beer gut is getting bigger by the minute)  hihi

I like the pep talk and press conference ads. 

I DO realize that Manning is in far too many commercials...but I keep wondering, given how many he's done, why more and more products want him.  At what point is it completely overblown (yes, I know it varies if you live in NE, though it was hilarious that they played a PM commercial AT Gilette, during a Pats/Colts game  rofl). 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #510 on: January 02, 2008, 09:34:34 PM »

Here are the teams I hope advance this weekend:

Washington
Tampa Bay
San Diego
Jacksonville

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #511 on: January 02, 2008, 10:00:56 PM »

"free pep talk"? rofl

those are great ads, but at the same time I want to punch him in the face (only b/c the truth hurts and my beer gut is getting bigger by the minute)? hihi

beer and football.? god bless america.

Butters, I think I'm gonna work Freedom into my administration as well.  I'm thinking maybe Attorney General.  No covering up Justice's breasts like Ashcroft though!  I want those things hanging free!  But, if I hear more controversial verdicts like this:  "Case closed.  Jury verdict: wrong!," I may have to look elsewhere.  Polluxlm is a name I've heard bandied about!  He'll be my ambassador to Atlantis.  hihi

The coors light ads rock.  My favorite hands down is Denny Green's "We let 'em off the hook!"  rofl  God damn that makes me laugh.  I haven't seen Mora's "Playoffs?  Playoffs?Huh" lately.

Beer, boner pills, and big trucks...god I love my country!   hihi 

Drew, I'm with you with all those except Washington.  Why?  I have no f'ing clue.  Hasselbeck hurt his hand last week.  Shaun Alexander should be in a nursing home.  and the Redskins are hot and inspired by the spirit of Taylor.  I know I should have more faith in Todd Collins because he's been in Saunders' offense forever...but I have a gut feeling.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #512 on: January 02, 2008, 10:05:56 PM »

"free pep talk"  rofl

Butters, I think I'm gonna work Freedom into my administration as well.  I'm thinking maybe Attorney General.  No covering up Justice's breasts like Ashcroft though!  I want those things hanging free!  But, if I hear more controversial verdicts like this:  "Case closed.  Jury verdict: wrong!," I may have to look elsewhere.  Polluxlm is a name I've heard bandied about!  He'll be my ambassador to Atlantis.  hihi

I wouldn't hear of it.  Under my direction, the new saying will be "Justice is blind, but she's got big knockers!"   hihi

But I'm a bit surprised...haven't the last seven years beaten it into you that dissenters in the administration, especially those with opinions, are a bad thing?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #513 on: January 04, 2008, 03:32:39 PM »

"free pep talk"? rofl

those are great ads, but at the same time I want to punch him in the face (only b/c the truth hurts and my beer gut is getting bigger by the minute)? hihi

beer and football.? god bless america.
yeah how about the Dennis Green "THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!" ad? Hilarious. Also, since everyone was discussing great recievers, how about Larry Fitzgerald from Arizona. Im biased b/c Im a cards fan, but that guy is one of the most talented wideouts Ive ever seen. Too bad he doesnt get more press b/c he plays in AZ. Alson, I feel if he had a better qb than leinart or warner, he'd have phenomenal #'s. But again, Im biased
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #514 on: January 04, 2008, 05:20:46 PM »

^ That's my favorite Coors Light one as well.  hihi

Fitzgerald's a very good receiver who doesn't get much exposure.  Hopefully Leinart can come back healthy and be productive.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #515 on: January 05, 2008, 11:41:34 AM »

i have not heard or seen one person pick the steelers to win. every person i have talked to loves the Jags, and the USA today had 9 writers pick the Jags. even that moron ex-steeler on espn picked the jags. so the steelers are a lock. my picks...

steelers 24-23

skins 20-13

TB 28-17

SD 31-10

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #516 on: January 05, 2008, 12:31:55 PM »

I like Seattle in a close one 23-20
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #517 on: January 05, 2008, 03:24:13 PM »

Brady is near-unanimous pick for MVP
Record-setting Patriots QB gets 49 out of 50 votes; Favre gets other one

NEW YORK -- Add Most Valuable Player to all the other accolades Tom Brady has been collecting.

The New England Patriots' record-setting quarterback drew all but one vote Saturday in romping to The Associated Press 2007 NFL MVP award in the same manner his team romped through its schedule, going 16-0. On the way to the first unbeaten regular season since Miami went 14-0 in 1972, Brady put on a performance for the ages.

"I have always been a huge football fan and will always have great respect for the history of this game," Brady said. "I am grateful to all of the voters for any consideration I was given. It is a tremendous honor and I am sure it is one that my family will one day look back on with great pride."

The eight-year veteran who already has won three Super Bowls helped the Patriots tear through the record books by throwing for 50 touchdowns. He beat Peyton Manning's league mark by one, and also threw 23 of those TD passes to Randy Moss, which lifted the receiver past Jerry Rice's record of 22.

New England scored 589 points, another record, as was the Patriots' 75 touchdowns. Brady led the NFL with a 117.2 passer rating -- no, not another record, but close to Manning's 121.1 in 2004. Only one full-time AFC starter, Jacksonville's David Garrard, had fewer than Brady's eight interceptions. And Brady threw 253 more passes than Garrard.

Brady also was tops with a 68.9 completion percentage, and his 4,806 yards were 383 more than runner-up Drew Brees of New Orleans.

Brady joins a roster of AP MVPs that includes quarterbacks John Unitas, Bart Starr, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, John Elway and Steve Young -- all Hall of Famers.

"I am flattered to join such an esteemed list of players, many of whom I consider the greatest of all time," he said. "I hope that I can set as great of an example for kids around the world as the previous MVPs did for me."

There also was plenty of praise to go around from teammates, Patriots owner Robert Kraft and coach Bill Belichick.

"To be honest, I'm surprised it took so long for him to get this recognition because he's sort of been our MVP since he stepped on the field in '01, in my mind, and the way he just took over," Kraft said. "He treats everyone in that locker room the same way he treats me or the coaches.

"And the thing that I've found most interesting is if you talk to role players or backups how he talks to them and motivates them. He treats them like they're going to the Pro Bowl, with that kind of respect."

Added Mike Vrabel, who has gone from a role player to a Pro Bowl linebacker over the years:

"He's our MVP. I think we've known that for quite some time. I think his work ethic day in and day out [is most impressive]. We get to practice against him so I think that makes us better. I think it makes us a better defense. He puts a lot of time into it. It's important to him. Going out there every week and then trying to play his absolute best is a priority for him."

Brady is the first Patriot selected NFL MVP. He drew 49 of the 50 votes from a nationwide panel of media members who regularly cover the NFL. Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre, the only three-time MVP, got the other vote.

"He deserves it," Belichick said. "I have thought for a long time that there is no past or present quarterback I'd rather coach than Tom Brady, and I am more certain of that every year he plays."

Only in one game, a 20-10 win over the Jets, did Brady not throw for a touchdown. He had 12 games with at least three TD passes.

Those are great stats, but they hardly tell the entire story. Brady's leadership skills overshadow just about everything.

"Tom's one of those guys that goes out there and tries to perform and compete every week," center Dan Koppen said. "He gives maximum effort on every play and every game. What he did was outstanding, but I know he wants more than that. That's what you need in your quarterback."

The last two MVP awards went to running backs LaDainian Tomlinson (2006) and Shaun Alexander (2005). Before that, quarterbacks won four in a row: Manning in 2004 and in 2003, when he shared it with Steve McNair; Rich Gannon in 2002; and Kurt Warner in 2001.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22516744/

I can't wait for someone to claim how he's SOOO disrected, having not been a unanimous pick.  rofl

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #518 on: January 05, 2008, 10:58:25 PM »

Sandman, I dont think u checked the injured list. Pittsburgh are decimated.

I think Jacksonville are going to the SB. they have a SB built team.

if NE play in some horrible conditions, they can be beat.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #519 on: January 05, 2008, 11:58:27 PM »

Too bad for Pittsburgh that they came out lifeless, but what a comeback (and re-comeback...is that a word?)!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: