Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 12:14:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New 12 page GNR article in Classic Rock magazine
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 12 page GNR article in Classic Rock magazine  (Read 21966 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2007, 09:10:59 PM »

They name Better as the strongest track.? They also note how great the buckethead outro is, and also "Axl's undeniably impressive vocal work".

Bucket plays an outro on Better?

I thought he just plays the middle shred solo bit before the "I never wanted you to be so full of anger" part?
Robin plays the solo at 3:40 and the other lead guitar bits until the end of the song, I know that much from seeing live vids.

Sorry, that part was referring to TWAT

No worries, thanks for clearing that up.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2007, 11:23:23 PM »

I like the article in this magazine and I hope I can buy it in my country. Obviously as all the articles in the magazines, some things will be pure speculation and other things will be well known for all, but in general I think is a good article. On the other hand, I think that Jarmo has the right of allowing or not allowing certain topics. In my case, I visit this site because I like the way the site is conducted. It is logical that if HTGTH is a site for GNR fans the topics must not upset any member of the band. It is stupid confuse a site dedicated to a band with political issues (like democracy). I will continue supporting Axl with or without CD, and I don?t consider myself an axl's asskisser or jarmo's asskisser.
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2007, 03:00:40 AM »

? Dear friends and fellow GNR fans,

I have looked at this site only periodically since we received the letter from Axl in December, figuring there'd be nothing substantial to be said for a good while from us fans and from the band, until the album was close to release and/or a single would come out.

? Since then, and for awhile before actually, this board deteriorated into one man's obsession with control and it quite simple isNO LONGER FUN. I originally came here for that reason. I came here because it was FUN. The old board I went to "mygnr.com" became zero fun and I bagged that as a result. The fun here ended a long time ago and has gotten worse whenever I would check in and see what was being discussed and speculated upon.
It seems like the second part of that was disintegrated. There is NO more speculation allowed, which to me is very odd considering this is not the official website for Guns N' Roses. This is a message board for fans of said band who should have the right to discuss topics that are considered "off limits" or the usual banter of opinions.

Jarmo, I don't know your motivations, whether it is because you've been given access to a band that you never dreamed you'd get or because you enjoy the power trip this has become but, no one should stifle expression and since you're not an American, I'll cut you some slack on the fact that you won't respect freedom like we do, (no matter how free you think you have it, it ain't like here buddy) and since you don't live here, you will have a different attitude towards these things.
 There are people in my country who have the right to say the most horrible things but, I will fight to the fuckin' death for their right to say it, even if I vehemently oppose what they say. IT IS THEIR RIGHT. It is MY right.

Now, I will cut you to the quick, because I expect some juvenile response from you in the shape of "If you don't like it , go somewhere else" , the ever popular "It's MY board, it's MY rules" or the "Go start your own board if you don't like it here" standard response that I've read on here ad nauseum to the point that my eyes have rolled completely back into my sockets and out again.

The last straw for me was your decision to not include the scanned pages of Classic Rock magazine where they discussed the leaks to date and gave their OPINION on how they sound and what they might be about. This is a respected publication doing something that is forbidden here......discussing and speculating. And in a favorable light I might add, but regardless of their tone or comments, we fans should be able to read them and discuss the issues at hand. These leaked songs, no matter what stage of completion they are in or who is responsible for leaking them, are indeed REAL, cannot be ignored and we should be FREE to discuss them because THEY ARE RELEVANT TO THE HISTORY OF THIS BAND!!!!!!

I care not start my own board but, I will go somewhere else ( a few really - already have) and that is where I've been since December. At these fan sites, I found the links to these downloadable,"forbidden" leaks and have enjoyed them immensely and have shared them with others that I believe would also like to hear them. I respect the rule to not post links,etc. but....to not even allow people the basic freedom of discussing something that they love and celebrate is not only abhorrent but intolerable.

I've always said that Guns N' Roses are my all-time favorite band and I support this band and Axl himself, as he is a personal hero of mine. I will buy Chinese Democracy no matter when it comes out (Hell, I'm probably gonna buy 2 on Day One.) and no matter how long it takes. None of this has never changed.

What has changed is this board and it is NO LONGER FUN.

? ?Fuck you Jarmo. May we never meet.

? ? ? ?GNR FOREVER!!

? ? ? MATT A REAL FAN

That`s right! Fuck u!

You`re communist.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2007, 03:15:27 AM »

Dear friends and fellow GNR fans,

I have looked at this site only periodically since we received the letter from Axl in December, figuring there'd be nothing substantial to be said for a good while from us fans and from the band, until the album was close to release and/or a single would come out.

Since then, and for awhile before actually, this board deteriorated into one man's obsession with control and it quite simple isNO LONGER FUN. I originally came here for that reason. I came here because it was FUN. The old board I went to "mygnr.com" became zero fun and I bagged that as a result. The fun here ended a long time ago and has gotten worse whenever I would check in and see what was being discussed and speculated upon.
It seems like the second part of that was disintegrated. There is NO more speculation allowed, which to me is very odd considering this is not the official website for Guns N' Roses. This is a message board for fans of said band who should have the right to discuss topics that are considered "off limits" or the usual banter of opinions.

Jarmo, I don't know your motivations, whether it is because you've been given access to a band that you never dreamed you'd get or because you enjoy the power trip this has become but, no one should stifle expression and since you're not an American, I'll cut you some slack on the fact that you won't respect freedom like we do, (no matter how free you think you have it, it ain't like here buddy) and since you don't live here, you will have a different attitude towards these things.
 There are people in my country who have the right to say the most horrible things but, I will fight to the fuckin' death for their right to say it, even if I vehemently oppose what they say. IT IS THEIR RIGHT. It is MY right.

Now, I will cut you to the quick, because I expect some juvenile response from you in the shape of "If you don't like it , go somewhere else" , the ever popular "It's MY board, it's MY rules" or the "Go start your own board if you don't like it here" standard response that I've read on here ad nauseum to the point that my eyes have rolled completely back into my sockets and out again.

The last straw for me was your decision to not include the scanned pages of Classic Rock magazine where they discussed the leaks to date and gave their OPINION on how they sound and what they might be about. This is a respected publication doing something that is forbidden here......discussing and speculating. And in a favorable light I might add, but regardless of their tone or comments, we fans should be able to read them and discuss the issues at hand. These leaked songs, no matter what stage of completion they are in or who is responsible for leaking them, are indeed REAL, cannot be ignored and we should be FREE to discuss them because THEY ARE RELEVANT TO THE HISTORY OF THIS BAND!!!!!!

I care not start my own board but, I will go somewhere else ( a few really - already have) and that is where I've been since December. At these fan sites, I found the links to these downloadable,"forbidden" leaks and have enjoyed them immensely and have shared them with others that I believe would also like to hear them. I respect the rule to not post links,etc. but....to not even allow people the basic freedom of discussing something that they love and celebrate is not only abhorrent but intolerable.

I've always said that Guns N' Roses are my all-time favorite band and I support this band and Axl himself, as he is a personal hero of mine. I will buy Chinese Democracy no matter when it comes out (Hell, I'm probably gonna buy 2 on Day One.) and no matter how long it takes. None of this has never changed.

Fuck you Jarmo. May we never meet.

GNR FOREVER!!

MATT A REAL FAN

That`s right! Fuck u!

You`re communist.

How about you get banned for a few days?

I mean since we're communists, we do this kind of stuff, right?

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2007, 03:22:02 AM »

Hey! I didn't realize that people can fuck with one's quote!
That is seriously not the right thing do to.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2007, 03:42:11 AM »

I'm sorry, but a studio version of Chinese Democracy and Madagascar is a pretty big piece of news. I understand not linking to it and not allowing links to it, but to outlaw discussion of it is only going to drive traffic to other sites.
Discussing their existence will help spread leaks, which is likely the reason it's not allowed. Respecting the band wishes.
Of course it sucks, I also think it sucks everything else of CD isn't leaked hihi

Thanks for the article peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2007, 04:24:54 AM »

Discussing their existence will help spread leaks, which is likely the reason it's not allowed. Respecting the band wishes.

That's quite clear. The point is that more than one year ago, when Better, I.R.S, Catcher in the Rye and There Was a Time leaked, it was big news and everyone was talking about it here. I'm sure the band didn't like it any more back then either, y'know. So something has obviously changed since.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2007, 04:44:01 AM »

I'm thinking they are "guessing" some of the names of the new songs.  I'm sure they haven't heard Prostitutue or Zodiac, if they have I'm sure they will be leaked soon enough.
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2007, 02:24:57 AM »

? Since then, and for awhile before actually, this board deteriorated into one man's obsession with control and it quite simple isNO LONGER FUN. I originally came here for that reason. I came here because it was FUN. The old board I went to "mygnr.com" became zero fun and I bagged that as a result. The fun here ended a long time ago and has gotten worse whenever I would check in and see what was being discussed and speculated upon.

? ? ? ?GNR FOREVER!!

? ? ? MATT A REAL FAN

That`s right! Fuck u!

You`re communist.

Big deal!!!  hihi

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2007, 03:35:23 AM »

Well, since you don't care, buckle up Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is going bye-bye.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2007, 03:43:45 AM »

? ? ? ?GNR FOREVER!!

? ? ? MATT A REAL FAN

That`s right! Fuck u!

You`re communist.

Big deal!!!? hihi

No, the big deal is this:

1) the poster tampered with a quote.
2) most communist regimes are quasy dictatorships. Therefore, to insinuate that the moderators here are communist is way out of line.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2007, 03:47:17 AM »

2) most communist regimes are quasy dictatorships. Therefore, to insinuate that the moderators here are communist is way out of line.

He's not with us anymore... He can't read your post.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2007, 03:55:26 AM »

He's not with us anymore... He can't read your post.

Well, lets hope that other people do!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2007, 09:37:37 AM »

That`s right! Fuck u!

You`re communist.

Communist??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2007, 12:28:14 PM »

That`s right! Fuck u!

You`re communist.

Communist??

Hmm, I thought that every right wing americans had updated their insults to islamist

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2007, 05:30:34 PM »

The scans have now been removed as requested by the magazine and anybody who reposts them will get banned.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2007, 05:38:09 PM »

Did anyone determine when you can buy the magazine in the states?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2007, 06:54:57 PM »

Classic Rock magazine is usually in USA bookstores a month AFTER they're released in the UK.
So if it's the June issue, it's released in the UK in May but doesn't get released in the USA until June.

Borders Bookstores and Barnes and Nobel carry Classic Rock mag.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2007, 07:31:58 PM »

Classic Rock magazine is usually in USA bookstores a month AFTER they're released in the UK.
So if it's the June issue, it's released in the UK in May but doesn't get released in the USA until June.

Borders Bookstores and Barnes and Nobel carry Classic Rock mag.
Sweet, thanks for the info GypsySoul

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2007, 02:58:08 PM »

this is a quality read, just found it in shops today.
if only GNR albums were as usall as GNR on the cover of Classic Rock!  peace

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: