Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:44:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New 12 page GNR article in Classic Rock magazine
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 12 page GNR article in Classic Rock magazine  (Read 22171 times)
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2007, 09:41:42 PM »

i would post somehting witty, maybe even funny.

but its 3 am im drunk and cant be fucked! i just read this thread and all the bs thats involved on this board washed over me! man its just so sad!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2007, 11:43:54 PM »

? Dear friends and fellow GNR fans,

I have looked at this site only periodically since we received the letter from Axl in December, figuring there'd be nothing substantial to be said for a good while from us fans and from the band, until the album was close to release and/or a single would come out.

? Since then, and for awhile before actually, this board deteriorated into one man's obsession with control and it quite simple isNO LONGER FUN. I originally came here for that reason. I came here because it was FUN. The old board I went to "mygnr.com" became zero fun and I bagged that as a result. The fun here ended a long time ago and has gotten worse whenever I would check in and see what was being discussed and speculated upon.
It seems like the second part of that was disintegrated. There is NO more speculation allowed, which to me is very odd considering this is not the official website for Guns N' Roses. This is a message board for fans of said band who should have the right to discuss topics that are considered "off limits" or the usual banter of opinions.

Jarmo, I don't know your motivations, whether it is because you've been given access to a band that you never dreamed you'd get or because you enjoy the power trip this has become but, no one should stifle expression and since you're not an American, I'll cut you some slack on the fact that you won't respect freedom like we do, (no matter how free you think you have it, it ain't like here buddy) and since you don't live here, you will have a different attitude towards these things.
 There are people in my country who have the right to say the most horrible things but, I will fight to the fuckin' death for their right to say it, even if I vehemently oppose what they say. IT IS THEIR RIGHT. It is MY right.

Now, I will cut you to the quick, because I expect some juvenile response from you in the shape of "If you don't like it , go somewhere else" , the ever popular "It's MY board, it's MY rules" or the "Go start your own board if you don't like it here" standard response that I've read on here ad nauseum to the point that my eyes have rolled completely back into my sockets and out again.

The last straw for me was your decision to not include the scanned pages of Classic Rock magazine where they discussed the leaks to date and gave their OPINION on how they sound and what they might be about. This is a respected publication doing something that is forbidden here......discussing and speculating. And in a favorable light I might add, but regardless of their tone or comments, we fans should be able to read them and discuss the issues at hand. These leaked songs, no matter what stage of completion they are in or who is responsible for leaking them, are indeed REAL, cannot be ignored and we should be FREE to discuss them because THEY ARE RELEVANT TO THE HISTORY OF THIS BAND!!!!!!

I care not start my own board but, I will go somewhere else ( a few really - already have) and that is where I've been since December. At these fan sites, I found the links to these downloadable,"forbidden" leaks and have enjoyed them immensely and have shared them with others that I believe would also like to hear them. I respect the rule to not post links,etc. but....to not even allow people the basic freedom of discussing something that they love and celebrate is not only abhorrent but intolerable.

I've always said that Guns N' Roses are my all-time favorite band and I support this band and Axl himself, as he is a personal hero of mine. I will buy Chinese Democracy no matter when it comes out (Hell, I'm probably gonna buy 2 on Day One.) and no matter how long it takes. None of this has never changed.

What has changed is this board and it is NO LONGER FUN.

? ?Fuck you Jarmo. May we never meet.

? ? ? ?GNR FOREVER!!

? ? ? MATT A REAL FAN
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2007, 01:10:05 AM »

Nice article.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2007, 01:20:23 AM »

WOW can u imagine this track listing.

Talk about greatest album of all time

1.Jungle
2.Its So Easy
3.Nightrain
4.Out Ta Get me
5. Brownstone
6. Paradise City
7.Dont Cry
8. My Michelle
9. Patience
10.Sweet Child O Mine
11.Rocket Queen
12. November Rain

WOWWWWWWWWW talk about beating Micheal Jackson's Thriller album in sales.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2007, 01:22:49 AM »

well... all I can say is that I understand both Jarmo and the poster above (Matt the real fan).

Jarmo may be absolutely tired of the same pointless speculation day after day after day, and he's the one that has to erase one million posts per day, because there are a lot of assholes that know nothing but speculate, spread bullshit rumours and turn almost every thread into a GNR/VR fight. A lot of people decides to believe everything they read instead of focusing/believing what Guns N' Roses say. And I also have the sensation that there are lots of non strictly GNR fans posting in this forum; a lot of people that dont feel the need to read the rules, and a lot of people that dont want to understand that this forum is HIS forum, and he rules it the way he wants, the way he thinks is the more proper.

At the other hand, I agree with the poster above that, in the last 2 months, there is almost NOTHING to discuss about Guns N' Roses in this forum. While we are waiting for the start of the world tour, and considering the last ''leak-incident'', if we dont have the band touring, we dont have any updates, and we are unable to discuss the new (unfinished, but still new for us) music... then, at this exactly moment, we almost have nothing to discuss

I absolutely agree with the staff's desicion of not posting links to the leaked demos. I also agree with deleting the speculative threads, deleting pointless posts, and terminating with the old and boring GNR Vs. VR childish fight.

But honestly, I think that forbidding the discussion about the leaked demos (just that: discussing) is too much. Because they're there, they are real, they cant be ignored, basically because they rock very hard, and there's almost an absolut consense about that. All the GNR fans, or at least the biggest majority, is extremely excited with this new music, and the expectations for the CD are EVEN BIGGER than before, after these leaks.

Anyway, I dont think that insulting the administrator is a smart move, and I also think its kinda ungrateful. I will stay in this (amazing) forum, I will keep waiting for the album, no matter how much time, and I hope that the start of the world tour brings a fresher air to this message board.

Just my two cents, and forgive my shitty english.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 01:25:55 AM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2007, 01:43:12 AM »

Jarmo, I don't know your motivations, whether it is because you've been given access to a band that you never dreamed you'd get or because you enjoy the power trip this has become but, no one should stifle expression and since you're not an American, I'll cut you some slack on the fact that you won't respect freedom like we do, (no matter how free you think you have it, it ain't like here buddy) and since you don't live here, you will have a different attitude towards these things.
 There are people in my country who have the right to say the most horrible things but, I will fight to the fuckin' death for their right to say it, even if I vehemently oppose what they say. IT IS THEIR RIGHT. It is MY right.

Not to start  a discussion but this attitude is why America has no reputation in the world anymore. You think you are free? Sure... What the fuck doyou believe, man? In Europe, there is no elcetricity, Hitler is still alive and we have no democracy? Hell, democracy was invented in Europe. Scandinavia, Germany, France, Italy are all democracies and yeah there is the right of freedom and there is actual freedom here. We can say whatever we want to, we can do whatever we want to do, unless it doesn't hurt constitution. So what's the difference between US and Europe?
So much BS you spread. Don't you have a "Home Security Service" which hurts human rights and lessens freedom just to protect the country? Don't you have Guantnamo Bay, where are NO human rights? Think about and then (if ever) come back!

And something you should know: A Message board is no state and it's no democracy.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2007, 01:51:30 AM »

When the album is released if Jarmo STILL doesn't let us talk about the songs, Ill get worried, Until then he is doing what he feels is right.

I have visited some of those other sites and a lot of those sites are straight garbage.  I havent visited them all but the only ones I can endorse as being good GNR sites are:

This one of course

Roses of velvet

GNRstrip

GNR2k I think it is

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2007, 01:54:25 AM »

? Jarmo, I don't know your motivations, whether it is because you've been given access to a band that you never dreamed you'd get or because you enjoy the power trip this has become but, no one should stifle expression and since you're not an American, I'll cut you some slack on the fact that you won't respect freedom like we do, (no matter how free you think you have it, it ain't like here buddy) and since you don't live here, you will have a different attitude towards these things.

Not to start? a discussion but this attitude is why America has no reputation in the world anymore. You think you are free? Sure... What the fuck doyou believe, man? In Europe, there is no elcetricity, Hitler is still alive and we have no democracy? Hell, democracy was invented in Europe. Scandinavia, Germany, France, Italy are all democracies and yeah there is the right of freedom and there is actual freedom here. We can say whatever we want to, we can do whatever we want to do, unless it doesn't hurt constitution. So what's the difference between US and Europe?
So much BS you spread. Don't you have a "Home Security Service" which hurts human rights and lessens freedom just to protect the country? Don't you have Guantnamo Bay, where are NO human rights? Think about and then (if ever) come back!

And something you should know: A Message board is no state and it's no democracy.

Don't take the ramblings of one guy and turn it into an excuse to slam our country! ?But my comment is not to contradict you, it is to make a point about Jarmo - which is simply that people take him to be a "yes man" for the band, when in fact what he does is what he has to do in order to get us that little bit of extra information that not everyone else is privy to. ?The world - including the Internet - is a political one, and if you intend on getting anywhere you need to know how to play the game! ?I may not always like it, but I for one appreciate what Jarmo really does for us all.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2007, 01:58:11 AM »

Not to start  a discussion but this attitude is why America has no reputation in the world anymore. You think you are free? Sure... What the fuck doyou believe, man? In Europe, there is no elcetricity, Hitler is still alive and we have no democracy? Hell, democracy was invented in Europe. Scandinavia, Germany, France, Italy are all democracies and yeah there is the right of freedom and there is actual freedom here. We can say whatever we want to, we can do whatever we want to do, unless it doesn't hurt constitution. So what's the difference between US and Europe?

yes. I also thought the same when I read that ''since you're not an American'' comment.

I am from Argentina, southamerica, one of the countries in the ''3rd world bag'', and we also have a full working democracy .
Some people think that the world is ''USA'' and ''the rest of the world''... anyway, this doesnt have anything to do with the topic.

When the album is released if Jarmo STILL doesn't let us talk about the songs, Ill get worried, Until then he is doing what he feels is right.

I have visited some of those other sites and a lot of those sites are straight garbage.

All I know is Jarmo will need looooong vacations once the CD is finally out  hihi

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2007, 02:00:24 AM »

well... all I can say is that I understand both Jarmo and the poster above (Matt the real fan).

Jarmo may be absolutely tired of the same pointless speculation day after day after day, and he's the one that has to erase one million posts per day, because there are a lot of assholes that know nothing but speculate, spread bullshit rumours and turn almost every thread into a GNR/VR fight. A lot of people decides to believe everything they read instead of focusing/believing what Guns N' Roses say. And I also have the sensation that there are lots of non strictly GNR fans posting in this forum; a lot of people that dont feel the need to read the rules, and a lot of people that dont want to understand that this forum is HIS forum, and he rules it the way he wants, the way he thinks is the more proper.

At the other hand, I agree with the poster above that, in the last 2 months, there is almost NOTHING to discuss about Guns N' Roses in this forum. While we are waiting for the start of the world tour, and considering the last ''leak-incident'', if we dont have the band touring, we dont have any updates, and we are unable to discuss the new (unfinished, but still new for us) music... then, at this exactly moment, we almost have nothing to discuss

I absolutely agree with the staff's desicion of not posting links to the leaked demos. I also agree with deleting the speculative threads, deleting pointless posts, and terminating with the old and boring GNR Vs. VR childish fight.

But honestly, I think that forbidding the discussion about the leaked demos (just that: discussing) is too much. Because they're there, they are real, they cant be ignored, basically because they rock very hard, and there's almost an absolut consense about that. All the GNR fans, or at least the biggest majority, is extremely excited with this new music, and the expectations for the CD are EVEN BIGGER than before, after these leaks.

Anyway, I dont think that insulting the administrator is a smart move, and I also think its kinda ungrateful. I will stay in this (amazing) forum, I will keep waiting for the album, no matter how much time, and I hope that the start of the world tour brings a fresher air to this message board.

Just my two cents, and forgive my shitty english.

Again, well said Estebanf! This is indeed an amazing forum! My thoughts have never been so stimulated like this before!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2007, 06:46:34 AM »

We don't discuss the leaks for several reasons

A year ago it was OK to discuss the leaks... since then, from my point of view, not much has changed really. Is the only reason for all this the fact that you're just tired of deleting the posts of people who are asking for the leaks?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2007, 07:20:39 AM »

A year ago it was OK to discuss the leaks... since then, from my point of view, not much has changed really. Is the only reason for all this the fact that you're just tired of deleting the posts of people who are asking for the leaks?

My point Exactly,
not to have a direct go at Jarmo,
though, but

they played all the new leaks/old leaks on Tour last year except for 1 leak (catcher)
and yet, you can go on one of the biggest sites in the world (youtube) and find everything their,
but this being a gnr board, we are not allowed to talk about the leaks in anyway, but we can say how great a gnr show was last year ,and how much the new gnr songs at the show kicked ass?

Jarmo, out of curiosity, mabye you might need to make the rules clearer, considering theirs many people on this board that are confused.

Are we allowed to talk about the new songs at the concerts,
or arent we allowed to talk about the new leaks of the new songs that have been played at the old concerts.
Or are we only allowed to talk about the old songs, theirfore, this site isn't really dedicated to the new guns n roses is it?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2007, 07:20:56 AM »

please stay in topic. we talk about a Classic Rock article, not specifically about the leaks.
i would like to talk about them too, but well, i suppose if some guys here had a
different attitude, it could be possible.

anyway, i would like to find the scans in hi res, i'm old and i can't read it on these scans  hihi
an url someone ?

thx in advance.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2007, 07:51:15 AM »

My point Exactly,
though, but

they played all the new leaks/old leaks on Tour last year except for 1 leak (catcher)
and yet, you can go on one of the biggest sites in the world (youtube) and find everything their,
but this being a gnr board, we are not allowed to talk about the leaks in anyway, but we can say how great a gnr show was last year ,and how much the new gnr songs at the show kicked ass?

Jarmo, out of curiosity, mabye you might need to make the rules clearer, considering theirs many people on this board that are confused.

or arent we allowed to talk about the new leaks of the new songs that have been played at the old concerts.
Or are we only allowed to talk about the old songs, theirfore, this site isn't really dedicated to the new guns n roses is it?

Perhaps, use your discretion. On this site, it should be obvious which posters have a genuine interest in music and the band and which posters are here to make a quick buck.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2007, 09:25:34 AM »

My point Exactly,
though, but

Perhaps, use your discretion. On this site, it should be obvious which posters have a genuine interest in music and the band and which posters are here to make a quick buck.

who makes bucks here???  i want to make some....
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2007, 11:10:48 AM »

Just adding my two pennth here.? I take on board Matts comments and to a large degree agree with him.? It does seem that since the leaks and the stuff that went down with them the policy has become more rigid. From that episode, it would seem Jarmo has influence, or certainly a role in the future of the band, as a lot of the disagreement pointed to him not working with somebody else, thats my take on it anyhow.

I know Beta posts on here and I suspect that Axl at least reads whats been said etc and will know the mood of fans regarding CD and its release.? With this in mind, has the time come for the GNR management and co to offer the forum "Guns n' Roses approved" status?? The reason for this being suggested is that it will draw a line about whats acceptable and not.? Discussing a magazine article is one thing, publishing it is another, yet the one that the law is being flouted is still here. Huh Its called copyright infringement.? Now the band, or Beta or Jarmo or anybody else connected with Guns n' Roses, might say (and they'd be right) what about the copyright of the material being leaked!?

You should be more careful who has access to your master tapes or whatever!

Those mag articles are in the public domain, and as mentioned earlier as are the leaks on youtube, its not our (the fans) fault this is the case!

I like others have had post deleted, "Where is Axl Rose" clip on Youtube was my deletion, and I'd guess this post will be another, but chill out fellas, learn to laugh AT YOURSELVES.

From where I'm sitting the sniggering thats going on now, on here, will turn to the laughter the rest of the world has been until now being directing at the band and those who've stuck by them.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2007, 11:29:11 AM »

What's the truth?

Are you the one who's telling the truth?

Do you think Classic Rock magazine is the official source of the truth?

We don't discuss the leaks for several reasons and if some magazine wants to sell some extra copies by mentioning them, that's unfortunate. Doesn't mean we have to discuss it.

/jarmo

I believe Classic Rock is a good source of the truth.  As for discussion of the leaked tracks, I'd be more worried if a Classic Rock magazine didn't talk about them, regardless of whether they make money or not, its important news for classic rock fans. They presumably haven't been told not to talk about them, and even have access to tracks nobody else has, thus presumably the gained from official sources.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2007, 12:17:40 PM »

Thanks for scanning and posting. it's nice to see the feature on GNR.
I hear GNR articles always help the sales of those magazines.

As for the contents of the article, I know I'm in the minority but personally I'm not very impressed. the competition is dull. I don't need to be told what music or what band is better. one thing new to us in there is a bloody 20 year old gossip. I wonder why the hell now and not then?

What has changed is this board and it is NO LONGER FUN.

Fuck you Jarmo. May we never meet.

So you go to a party at someone's home and you're requested not to do a few particular things at there and then
you say fuck you to the host ? Is it an accepted standard in America or just your idea of democracy?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2007, 12:41:17 PM »

does any1 knows when the magazine comes out worldwide?

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2007, 03:36:22 PM »

Thanks for scanning and posting. it's nice to see the feature on GNR.
I hear GNR articles always help the sales of those magazines.

As for the contents of the article, I know I'm in the minority but personally I'm not very impressed. the competition is dull. I don't need to be told what music or what band is better. one thing new to us in there is a bloody 20 year old gossip. I wonder why the hell now and not then?

You can add me to that minority, ppbebe.  I consider Classic Rock one of the greenest magazines around due to their love of recycling old GNR interviews whenever the opportunity arises.  Grin

In fact, I have two of their previous efforts in front of me right now:

Jan 2002 - "Madman?  Messiah?  Misunderstood?  Inside the lonely mixed-up world of W. Axl Rose"  Featuring an extract from Mick Wall's (editor of the mag at that stage) last ever interview with Axl in Jan 1990.  The full interview is in his book, The Most Dangerous Band etc. and will no doubt be dredged up once again in his latest book, in order to squeeze a few more quid from his former connection with GNR.

May 2004 - "Guns N' Roses - The Band That Refuses To Die"  On the eve of the release of VR's album, Classic Rock used the opportunity to put Axl on the front cover and feature a re-run of Rolling Stone's Kim Neely interview from 1992.  Wall having now become editor-in-chief

I think that was the last time I bought a copy and I can't see me buying this latest tabloid-style rehash either.  Although I would like to thank the person who scanned it for the good laugh I got out of seeing the publicity shot of VR; five middle-aged (or thereabouts) men doing their best hard men pose whilst looking as well-scrubbed as a group of boy scouts.   Grin

To Matt-a-real(hmm)-fan, I'd like to say thanks but no thanks for posting your self-indulgent whinge in a totally inappropriate section of the board.  I read it in the hope that you'd have something to say that'd be relevant to the topic of the thread, but sadly no.   Angry

And to Jarmo, a sincere thank you for not allowing discussion about the leaks.   ok

I haven't heard them, don't want to, and don't wish to read about them either.  I want CD to be as fresh and full of surprises as possible and reading comments, that would invariably crop up in all manner of threads, (before I'm told just to avoid those threads) would be worse than reading spoilers for 24.  So, to be able to wander freely in a leak-free board suits me just fine.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: