Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:31:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New 12 page GNR article in Classic Rock magazine
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 12 page GNR article in Classic Rock magazine  (Read 22151 times)
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 09:44:18 PM »

Where's the part about hearing new tracks?

Well, since we don't discuss those here.....

/jarmo

lol, everything Axl does is a mystery , or treated like one here at htgth
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »

Thank you for scanning the article.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 11:46:23 PM »

yeah thanks can't wait to actually read the entire article when it comes out in july. beer

its almost leaks is turning to a bad word around here. its like sex in the 1800s you don't say it and you don't think or talk about it rofl

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2007, 04:49:50 AM »

Thanks for the article!!!I hope I'll find this magazine in Italy on July..

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2007, 05:01:47 AM »

/jarmo
Speak not of the FORBIDDEN tunes... Tongue

SG
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2007, 05:46:21 AM »

what ?? Guns N'Roses made music ?  hihi

hmm this article looks interesting, thx for the scans.
some pictures i've never seen before, too.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
waxlrick
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2007, 05:54:16 AM »

/jarmo

Ha. We don't "discuss it here". Yet it can be published in a magazine and played by the band live..........
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2007, 06:15:00 AM »

yeah thanks can't wait to actually read the entire article when it comes out in july. beer

its almost leaks is turning to a bad word around here. its like sex in the 1800s you don't say it and you don't think or talk about it rofl

peace

The magazine is on general sale next week.  Subscribers have it now.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2007, 06:44:50 AM »

/jarmo

Ah yes.  Whatever was I thinking?   peace
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 07:04:27 AM »

peace

The magazine is on general sale next week.? Subscribers have it now.

That would be why I couldn't find it in the shops. Those subscribing bastards!

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2007, 10:48:17 AM »

/jarmo
What I find interesting is that leaked tracks can't be spoken of, even when mentioned in a professional publication, yet you obviously condone the scanning and posting of said publication's pages where it doesn't refer to leaked tracks (the publication, by the way, would be protected under copyright as well). Mind you, I'm not against the scanning of a few pages for all to see, but I'd just like to know where the hypocrisy ends and the truth begins.

Raven
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2007, 10:51:56 AM »

What's the truth?

Are you the one who's telling the truth?

Do you think Classic Rock magazine is the official source of the truth?

We don't discuss the leaks for several reasons and if some magazine wants to sell some extra copies by mentioning them, that's unfortunate. Doesn't mean we have to discuss it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Teapot
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2007, 11:10:48 AM »

Can't talk about leaked tracks?

This site is pathetic. At ChineseDemocracy.com people are free to talk about what they want. It's interesting and a free flowing exhange. Here you can talk about...ummmm...not sure. There are so few new topics because every subject is banned.
Oh wait, I got it. Let's talk about "If Apetite was made into a movie who would play Mr. Brownstone?"
That's a good one. Or how about "Who's awesomer? Axl or an Axl who is two inches taller than the real Axl?"
Yeah. These are all real solid topics for HTGH.
Other site discuss the leaked tracks. Here people talk about, "If Axl was an astronaut do you think he'd rock the universe?"
This site is a kiss-ass corporate piece of shit.
And yeah Jarmo, I know, I can leave. This is your site. Axl knows what's best. He's the boss. Doesn't owe us anything. We're lucky to be blessed with his infinite majesty. Blah, blah, blah.
It's all so fucking lame.
greendog
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2007, 11:12:13 AM »

We don't discuss the leaks for several reasons and if some magazine wants to sell some extra copies by mentioning them, that's unfortunate. Doesn't mean we have to discuss it.

Believe me, im not trying to be a 'smart ass' or an annoying fuck but you dont have to discuss it if you dont want. But if something has been published about the leaks and they are giving a seeming positive review of it, then it would be nice to have the oportunity to discuss it. I know i could wait for the magazine to be shipped but if a part of the article is alowed and another part isnt then i think thats a little retarded and unfair.

just my opinion. please dont shit on me.

I dont really like having to apologise in advance for posts that express my opinion in a certain subject matter to an admin/moderator. I just want to make it clear that I dont wanna cause shit and get another - point. Ta.

Can't talk about leaked tracks?

This site is pathetic. At ChineseDemocracy.com people are free to talk about what they want. It's interesting and a free flowing exhange. Here you can talk about...ummmm...not sure. There are so few new topics because every subject is banned.
Oh wait, I got it. Let's talk about "If Apetite was made into a movie who would play Mr. Brownstone?"
That's a good one. Or how about "Who's awesomer? Axl or an Axl who is two inches taller than the real Axl?"
Yeah. These are all real solid topics for HTGH.
Other site discuss the leaked tracks. Here people talk about, "If Axl was an astronaut do you think he'd rock the universe?"
This site is a kiss-ass corporate piece of shit.
And yeah Jarmo, I know, I can leave. This is your site. Axl knows what's best. He's the boss. Doesn't owe us anything. We're lucky to be blessed with his infinite majesty. Blah, blah, blah.
It's all so fucking lame.

i dont get it.... youve been around for a whole 9 posts and you just start shit. try not to be so confrontational and willing to get yourself banned and the place might get better for you. personally i love the forum and i can respect the rules.

either that, or you're already a member who has a high post count and doesnt want to get that account banned so youve made a 'cover up' account? if so, then thats a bit chicken shit dont you think?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:15:58 AM by greendog » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2007, 11:20:55 AM »

This site is pathetic. At ChineseDemocracy.com people are free to talk about what they want.

People are free to do a lot of things on other sites.

We have standards and rules.

We're not a sandbox.

Not saying other sites are sandboxes, but that's always been my aim. Not to have stupid fights, pointless speculation, spread negativity, to respect the band and its members.

If that's too much for you to deal with, I'm glad you found some other site to post at.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2007, 12:27:05 PM »

Anyways........thanx for scanning that article, it's the best I've read for awhile.  A great look at the amazing spirit of GNR in those early days.  And I'm surprised no one has mentioned how cute Adriana is.  Finally a face to put with Rocket Queen!! Grin

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2007, 07:01:18 PM »

Not to have stupid fights

I can't see how showing and talking about a magazine article concerning the new songs will lead to fights, but following this tread it is obvious how NOT being allowed to talk about it leads to stupid fights.

pointless speculation

I think a lot of the members here are more knowledgeable than some magazine when it comes to the new tracks, so being able to discuss as mentioned above will probably debunk some of the speculation made by Classic Rock.

spread negativity

I thought Classic Rock's reviews of the new tracks were favourable?

to respect the band and its members

How will a favourable review of the new band by an acclaimed magazine lead to disrespect of the band and/or members, more than any other discussion concerning the new band?

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2007, 07:26:01 PM »

^^

"Here Today...Gone To Acoustic Shows"

Re-Union time, baby!!
nyd
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2007, 08:04:31 PM »

Thanks for posting.

@Jarmo ~ Are you not worried about someone from Classic Rock magazine seeing this and having your site shut down? They could be mighty pissed off at you for allowing users to share the whole article  Undecided

Apparently Izzys new album is mentioned in the magazine this month too so Im waiting for someone to scan that  rofl
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2007, 09:14:57 PM »

"Here Today...Gone To Acoustic Shows"

Jealous?  Roll Eyes

By the way, it was one show and there was a bunch of fellow fans who were there.

I guess they all run GN'R sites like I do since they were at the same show?  Roll Eyes

jaknudsen, I thought you'd be able to see the difference between what I consider our standards and this article.

I listed why this board is different from other places you might visit.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: