Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 12:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New 12 page GNR article in Classic Rock magazine
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 12 page GNR article in Classic Rock magazine  (Read 21970 times)
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2007, 04:26:02 PM »

Sorry, but I have to agree with the people who want to be able to discuss the leaked tracks. It's not our fault they were leaked. We'll be the first ones in line to buy the album or concert tickets, no matter what is leaked. The only people going to the trouble of tracking down the leaks are the one who will buy the album anyway. The leaks are costing GNR nothing financially at this point. If the album was actually in stores, and someone had uploaded the whole thing from free, then it could start costing some bucks, but a few tracks that may or may not be finished isn't going to hurt the money flow - unless the band is afraid people aren't going to like the new stuff.

But adopting a policy of not discussing leaks here because it might make Uncle Axl mad is stupid. The last I checked, this isn't 1939, and GNR fandom isn't run by the Nazi party. It's a legitimate topic of discussion and debate among fans to discuss leaks.

Since these leaks are not the "final product," maybe GNR could use the discussion on this board to finalize their mix. Like when someone says that track X has too much studio synth shit in it and not enough actual music, or track Y is perfect, that kind of thing.

You know, I love their music, but GNR could save themselves a lot of problem with leaks by just releasing the damn album they've been talking about for the past nine years.  I'm begining to think the only songs we'll ever hear from it will be from Internet leaks and occasional bootlegs of concerts. That's why a lot of fans are downloading this stuff. They don't have any hope of hearing it any other way.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 04:27:49 PM by slashsbaconpit » Logged

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2007, 05:44:42 PM »

does any1 knows when the magazine comes out worldwide?

I think round about the beginning of June. At least in the UK, I'm not sure about other parts of the world.

About Matt the Real Fan's comments, I agree with some of them (I guess the "fuck you" etc. was unnecessary) and at least he was clear and made a coherent statement. I see he's now a Guest and not a member.  hihi

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2007, 05:45:45 PM »

I can see why Jarmo might not want people to discuss the leaks, but the fact that some of the songs have been played live would inidacte to me the the band aren't keeping it all as under wraps as Jarmo is.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 01:26:18 PM by Gargh! » Logged

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2007, 08:18:52 PM »

Prostitute and Atlas Shrugged....... drool Sound a lot like other heard tracks in style and scope....... drool

There's a lot goin on here.....
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2007, 09:13:03 PM »

Nice article.

ur right. Matt-a-real-fan posted a nice article. hihi
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2007, 11:04:55 PM »

Prostitute and Atlas Shrugged....... drool Sound a lot like other heard tracks in style and scope....... drool

I heard a 38 second supposed  clip of what is titled as prostitue.. it sounded different than the other leaks

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2007, 11:10:11 PM »

Dear friends and fellow GNR fans,

I have looked at this site only periodically since we received the letter from Axl in December, figuring there'd be nothing substantial to be said for a good while from us fans and from the band, until the album was close to release and/or a single would come out.

Since then, and for awhile before actually, this board deteriorated into one man's obsession with control and it quite simple isNO LONGER FUN. I originally came here for that reason. I came here because it was FUN. The old board I went to "mygnr.com" became zero fun and I bagged that as a result. The fun here ended a long time ago and has gotten worse whenever I would check in and see what was being discussed and speculated upon.
It seems like the second part of that was disintegrated. There is NO more speculation allowed, which to me is very odd considering this is not the official website for Guns N' Roses. This is a message board for fans of said band who should have the right to discuss topics that are considered "off limits" or the usual banter of opinions.

Jarmo, I don't know your motivations, whether it is because you've been given access to a band that you never dreamed you'd get or because you enjoy the power trip this has become but, no one should stifle expression and since you're not an American, I'll cut you some slack on the fact that you won't respect freedom like we do, (no matter how free you think you have it, it ain't like here buddy) and since you don't live here, you will have a different attitude towards these things.
 There are people in my country who have the right to say the most horrible things but, I will fight to the fuckin' death for their right to say it, even if I vehemently oppose what they say. IT IS THEIR RIGHT. It is MY right.

Now, I will cut you to the quick, because I expect some juvenile response from you in the shape of "If you don't like it , go somewhere else" , the ever popular "It's MY board, it's MY rules" or the "Go start your own board if you don't like it here" standard response that I've read on here ad nauseum to the point that my eyes have rolled completely back into my sockets and out again.

The last straw for me was your decision to not include the scanned pages of Classic Rock magazine where they discussed the leaks to date and gave their OPINION on how they sound and what they might be about. This is a respected publication doing something that is forbidden here......discussing and speculating. And in a favorable light I might add, but regardless of their tone or comments, we fans should be able to read them and discuss the issues at hand. These leaked songs, no matter what stage of completion they are in or who is responsible for leaking them, are indeed REAL, cannot be ignored and we should be FREE to discuss them because THEY ARE RELEVANT TO THE HISTORY OF THIS BAND!!!!!!

I care not start my own board but, I will go somewhere else ( a few really - already have) and that is where I've been since December. At these fan sites, I found the links to these downloadable,"forbidden" leaks and have enjoyed them immensely and have shared them with others that I believe would also like to hear them. I respect the rule to not post links,etc. but....to not even allow people the basic freedom of discussing something that they love and celebrate is not only abhorrent but intolerable.

I've always said that Guns N' Roses are my all-time favorite band and I support this band and Axl himself, as he is a personal hero of mine. I will buy Chinese Democracy no matter when it comes out (Hell, I'm probably gonna buy 2 on Day One.) and no matter how long it takes. None of this has never changed.

What has changed is this board and it is NO LONGER FUN.

Fuck you Jarmo. May we never meet.

GNR FOREVER!!

MATT A REAL FAN

If you can't handle the most dangerous game of dungeons N dragons ever... don't let the door hit you in the ass... Dork!

dangerous game of dungeons N dragons ever, refers to the fact people like Matt have no common sense or sense of reality.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2007, 11:27:27 PM »

They name Better as the strongest track.? They also note how great the buckethead outro is, and also "Axl's undeniably impressive vocal work".

Bucket plays an outro on Better?

I thought he just plays the middle shred solo bit before the "I never wanted you to be so full of anger" part?
Robin plays the solo at 3:40 and the other lead guitar bits until the end of the song, I know that much from seeing live vids.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2007, 12:24:43 AM »

Jarmo, I don't know your motivations, whether it is because you've been given access to a band that you never dreamed you'd get or because you enjoy the power trip this has become but, no one should stifle expression and since you're not an American, I'll cut you some slack on the fact that you won't respect freedom like we do, (no matter how free you think you have it, it ain't like here buddy) and since you don't live here, you will have a different attitude towards these things.
 There are people in my country who have the right to say the most horrible things but, I will fight to the fuckin' death for their right to say it, even if I vehemently oppose what they say. IT IS THEIR RIGHT. It is MY right.

Not to start  a discussion but this attitude is why America has no reputation in the world anymore. You think you are free? Sure... What the fuck doyou believe, man? In Europe, there is no elcetricity, Hitler is still alive and we have no democracy? Hell, democracy was invented in Europe. Scandinavia, Germany, France, Italy are all democracies and yeah there is the right of freedom and there is actual freedom here. We can say whatever we want to, we can do whatever we want to do, unless it doesn't hurt constitution. So what's the difference between US and Europe?
So much BS you spread. Don't you have a "Home Security Service" which hurts human rights and lessens freedom just to protect the country? Don't you have Guantnamo Bay, where are NO human rights? Think about and then (if ever) come back!

And something you should know: A Message board is no state and it's no democracy.

so one american posts something retarded and suddenly the entire country thinks the same way as he does?   Roll Eyes  God how boring.

on topic, this article looks amazing, will def have to pick this issue up.  hard to believe its been 20 years.  god i'm old Wink

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2007, 06:58:47 AM »

They name Better as the strongest track.? They also note how great the buckethead outro is, and also "Axl's undeniably impressive vocal work".

Bucket plays an outro on Better?

I thought he just plays the middle shred solo bit before the "I never wanted you to be so full of anger" part?
Robin plays the solo at 3:40 and the other lead guitar bits until the end of the song, I know that much from seeing live vids.

Sorry, that part was referring to TWAT
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2007, 08:56:42 AM »

Is this available all over the world? Or do we have to wait some in Sweden?

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2007, 09:37:44 AM »

Is this available all over the world? Or do we have to wait some in Sweden?

According to Wikipedia, they sell it all over Europe, so I wouldn't iamgine you'd have to wait too long.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2007, 12:55:55 PM »

If you can't handle the most dangerous game of dungeons N dragons ever... don't let the door hit you in the ass... Dork!

dangerous game of dungeons N dragons ever, refers to the fact people like Matt have no common sense or sense of reality.

What? That doesn't even make any sense. All he was saying is that the fact that we're not allowed to speculate and talk about certain actual developments with GNR on the board makes it lame. It's a fair comment.

Dungeons n dragons? What are you? A 12-year-old stuck in a 1980s timewarp?

There seems to be a lot ass kissing on this board for no reason. What will anyone get out of it? More topics like "How did GNR change your life?"

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2007, 02:09:24 PM »

Why are you so eager to talk about certain things in here? on the probably sole board that requires you not to bring them up?

Has this board ever told you not to do whatever at other places? I don't think so.

But adopting a policy of not discussing leaks here because it might make Uncle Axl mad is stupid. The last I checked, this isn't 1939, and GNR fandom isn't run by the Nazi party. It's a legitimate topic of discussion and debate among fans to discuss leaks.

how you know whether jarmo thinks the discussion might make Uncle Axl mad? stating your speculation for fact is stupid.
Basically to discuss them, you got to hear the subjects in question first. This board doesn't recommend dling anything illegal/ against the author's will. So where's the double standard?

You can add me to that minority, ppbebe.  I consider Classic Rock one of the greenest magazines around due to their love of recycling old GNR interviews whenever the opportunity arises.  Grin

In fact, I have two of their previous efforts in front of me right now:

Jan 2002 - "Madman?  Messiah?  Misunderstood?  Inside the lonely mixed-up world of W. Axl Rose"  Featuring an extract from Mick Wall's (editor of the mag at that stage) last ever interview with Axl in Jan 1990.  The full interview is in his book, The Most Dangerous Band etc. and will no doubt be dredged up once again in his latest book, in order to squeeze a few more quid from his former connection with GNR.

May 2004 - "Guns N' Roses - The Band That Refuses To Die"  On the eve of the release of VR's album, Classic Rock used the opportunity to put Axl on the front cover and feature a re-run of Rolling Stone's Kim Neely interview from 1992.  Wall having now become editor-in-chief

Thanks cyllan. You and these data made me feel more confident.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2007, 02:11:33 PM »

Can this magazine be bought here in the US? If so when is it coming out?...thanks

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2007, 02:15:03 PM »

Can this magazine be bought here in the US? If so when is it coming out?...thanks
why do you need to buy the magazine for , it leaked on htgth al;ready , just \print the pages out and make your own cover for it
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2007, 02:22:07 PM »

There seems to be a lot ass kissing on this board for no reason. What will anyone get out of it? More topics like "How did GNR change your life?"

"...for no reason" - Well, it may come as a surprise to you, but some of us appreciate the work Jarmo puts into running his site and respect the way he handles this messageboard.  His efforts have resulted in us having access to pre-sales and advance information - making it just that little bit easier (and slightly less traumatic) to get tickets to see our favourite band.  I, for one, don't take this kind of thing for granted.

Additionally, for my money at least, he provides a cool place to hang out and discuss GNR and has facilitated some great pre-show meets.  I'm not going to slag off the other boards but lets just say that I'm no fan of the rudeness that goes unchecked on some of them.  However, if that's your thing, then perhaps I could suggest exploring some of the other alternatives.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2007, 02:42:38 PM »

To some GNR fans if you like the band you're axl's asskisser .
To some HTGTH posters if you like the board, you're jarmo's asskisser.
See the robust similarity.
KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2007, 04:28:36 PM »

Can you post my post again... edit it if you like. It was really good. Sorry to diss the creepy 'Axl's Clothes Thread'. I know having an opinon on something can be dangerous here... but the whole point of what I wrote was 'this article says nothing we don't know'... how much can me saying that really harm Axl? I think he's been delt bigger blows in his life time.  Huh

Lips Sealed  Thanx  Lips Sealed
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2007, 08:20:09 PM »

"...for no reason" - Well, it may come as a surprise to you, but some of us appreciate the work Jarmo puts into running his site and respect the way he handles this messageboard.  His efforts have resulted in us having access to pre-sales and advance information - making it just that little bit easier (and slightly less traumatic) to get tickets to see our favourite band.  I, for one, don't take this kind of thing for granted.

I don't have a problem with Jarmo. I appreciate HTGTH, and all the good work he does. But I also see the point that others make that its kinda lame to not discuss some of the most exciting developments in the GNR world on THE BEST GNR fan site. It takes what I believe to be the very best run GNR board on the Internet, and takes the balls out of it. Instead of being a place to come for news and debate and speculation, its turning into a place that ignores some pretty major stuff.

I'm sorry, but a studio version of Chinese Democracy and Madagascar is a pretty big piece of news. I understand not linking to it and not allowing links to it, but to outlaw discussion of it is only going to drive traffic to other sites.  He's only hurting himself, and the integrity of HTGTH as a fan site.  This place used to be THE place for GNR news and rumors, but now it's the place to read the official news after it's been posted on the official site.

I don't want anyone the think I have a problem with this site or its master, cuz, like you said, there are alternatives. I just would rather discuss this stuff with the cool people on this board rather than on some of the other boards.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: