Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:30:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  after the 3rd time im giving up
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: after the 3rd time im giving up  (Read 19089 times)
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2007, 09:59:21 PM »

How does VR keep their live show exciting with no synth players?

firstly, we should discuss if VR shows are exciting...

I have been to 4-5 shows and each one I was at was pretty exciting.

I think some people just would rather not give them a chance because it's not Axl, nothing more.

I think fans of bth these bands are pretty shitty towards each other.  And that includes the owner of this forum.  I see at least 3-4 GNR fans that consistently come into this section just to talk shit.  That includes Jarmo, chineseblues, and estebanf.  No real input at all on the subjects, just insults and talking shit about this band.  Yeah, yeah, I know there are many that do the same in the GNR section, sometimes it's justified, sometimes not.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2007, 09:34:20 AM »

rock am ring was the first time i`ve seen VR and it`ll remain the only time....

as i`ve mentioned in the rock am ring thread, the performance was mostly bad, at times, as a gnr(slash/duff)fan, even embarrassing.

i`ll buy the album though. most of the new songs i`ve heard are quite good (quilmes soundboard...)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2007, 11:21:47 PM »

That is as respectable as my own opinion. I payed, like you, to see VR live. I have the right to say what I think as long as I do not break any board rule.

I think some people just would rather not give them a chance because it's not Axl, nothing more.

That's simply not true. My excitation the weeks before the release of Contraband was huge, I was really happy to see my rock idols again on the road, and Slither, the first single, increased that excitation even more. I always wanted VR to be succesful, to make great records and I was dreaming with seeing VR live since 2003. I live in Argentina, I dont have all the chances you have to see Slash (you said you saw VR several times, well, not my case, I waited 4 years)

I really, REALLY dont want to see Axl with the VR bandmembers. I dont know why you say ''just because it's not Axl there''. If there is ONE thing in this world that could put an end to my GNR fanatism is a reunion. I am saying this just to show you how wrong you are about ''just because its not Axl there''. But, at the same time, I wish Slash/Duff/Matt the best in their careers. I really want them to make great albums, great songs and great shows. It's just that I dont see where are the great songs, the great album(s) and the only show I saw live (I see several in video) SUCKED to my eyes. Do you want me to lie? Do you think I felt happy after the end of the show, knowing I spent a LOT of money for a ticket, and then the show sucked? Do you think I went to the River Plate stadium wishing the show to suck?

I gave VR several chances, and probably I will give them more chances in the future. I bought Contraband the day it was released, and I didnt like it. I downloaded several shows, and I didnt like them. And finally I payed a very expensive ticket to see them live, and they sucked to my eyes. Do you want me to lie? Do I, a Guns N' Roses fan posting in a Guns N' Roses forum, need to lie in my opinion about VR so you and the other 5 or 6 hardcore VR fans here can be happy?

I think fans of bth these bands are pretty shitty towards each other.

Maybe. I will never understand why a lot of people try hard to relate Guns N' Roses with VR. Even more: I dont know why there's a VR special section in a Guns N' Roses forum.

Guns N' Roses has absolutely nothing to do with VR. Some people need to accept it

And that includes the owner of this forum.  I see at least 3-4 GNR fans that consistently come into this section just to talk shit.  That includes Jarmo, chineseblues, and estebanf.  No real input at all on the subjects, just insults and talking shit about this band.  Yeah, yeah, I know there are many that do the same in the GNR section, sometimes it's justified, sometimes not.

Well, that's just your opinion. I think jarmo's and cb's contributions to this forum are a lot bigger than the 5 or 6 ''ultra-super-hardcore'' VR fans (I really doubt they are also GNR fans) that just want to read ''oh, Slash is God, She Build Quick Machines is the Smoke Of The Water of the 21st century''. They need to realise urgently that this is a Guns N' Roses forum. I dont know how many times jarmo needs to say that. And even when I dont like VR, I always try to do my best uploading VR media/concerts I've never listened and never will, posting info, articles, pics, etc. I dont need to be a VR fan to post here dude, sorry.

Im a Guns N' Roses fan. I'm here because of Guns N' Roses.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 11:29:44 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2007, 12:30:00 AM »

Then go to the fucking Guns N' Roses forum.  How many times do people bashing GNR in the GNR forum hear that the forum is for GNR fans and if they don't like it then they can leave (or get banned)? Maybe you all should follow that advice.

You can spew any kind of "NO D00D I GAVE THEM A CHANCE! SERIOUSLY! I WANTED TO LIKE THEM!" bullshit you want. You clearly have an agenda and so do others that do nothing but come to this forum to bash VR. I realize there's nothing to talk about in GNR world but shit, find a hobby or something. VR has millions of fans and the band isn't going anywhere, so bitching like little girls about them all the time isn't going to change a damn thing.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2007, 12:47:10 AM »

Excuse me, but boys can be very good at bitching also......please don't limit bitching to one gender.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2007, 02:18:19 AM »

Then go to the fucking Guns N' Roses forum.  How many times do people bashing GNR in the GNR forum hear that the forum is for GNR fans and if they don't like it then they can leave (or get banned)? Maybe you all should follow that advice.

You can spew any kind of "NO D00D I GAVE THEM A CHANCE! SERIOUSLY! I WANTED TO LIKE THEM!" bullshit you want. You clearly have an agenda and so do others that do nothing but come to this forum to bash VR. I realize there's nothing to talk about in GNR world but shit, find a hobby or something. VR has millions of fans and the band isn't going anywhere, so bitching like little girls about them all the time isn't going to change a damn thing.

hahaha, ''i have an agenda to bash VR''  hihi hihi hihi hihi very funny...

Sorry, I am already in a Guns N' Roses forum. I dont need to go to any other place.

I think I have the right to say what I think, just like you, as long as I dont break any rule.

It would be very different If I was not a Guns N' Roses fan. But I am.

Nothing to talk about in the GNR world? are you serious?

Excuse me, but boys can be very good at bitching also......please don't limit bitching to one gender.

Agreed  peace

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2007, 02:42:21 AM »

estebanf, there is an abundance of negative energy on these boards.  We are fans of this band, we like being psyched up about the new material.  We like sharing memories of the concerts, discussing favorite segments of new songs.  All the shit i have to wade through on these boards is really disheartening. I will miss your bootlegs, but its a small price to pay for just a little bit less negative crap about the band i love. You gave them your best effort, they aren't for you, give it up. I'm sure the band will also miss your "constructive criticism" lol, but I would really appreciate it if you just stuck to your GnR side. just a request
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2007, 06:50:56 PM »

That is as respectable as my own opinion. I payed, like you, to see VR live. I have the right to say what I think as long as I do not break any board rule.

Never said you couldn't state your opinion.? Doesn't mean that it is right, just like mine doesn't mean I am right.? All I stated was that the 4 shows I was at were exciting and a bit different from the one before.? You insinuated otherwise.

That's simply not true. My excitation the weeks before the release of Contraband was huge, I was really happy to see my rock idols again on the road, and Slither, the first single, increased that excitation even more. I always wanted VR to be succesful, to make great records and I was dreaming with seeing VR live since 2003. I live in Argentina, I dont have all the chances you have to see Slash (you said you saw VR several times, well, not my case, I waited 4 years)

I really, REALLY dont want to see Axl with the VR bandmembers. I dont know why you say ''just because it's not Axl there''. If there is ONE thing in this world that could put an end to my GNR fanatism is a reunion. I am saying this just to show you how wrong you are about ''just because its not Axl there''. But, at the same time, I wish Slash/Duff/Matt the best in their careers. I really want them to make great albums, great songs and great shows. It's just that I dont see where are the great songs, the great album(s) and the only show I saw live (I see several in video) SUCKED to my eyes. Do you want me to lie? Do you think I felt happy after the end of the show, knowing I spent a LOT of money for a ticket, and then the show sucked? Do you think I went to the River Plate stadium wishing the show to suck?

I gave VR several chances, and probably I will give them more chances in the future. I bought Contraband the day it was released, and I didnt like it. I downloaded several shows, and I didnt like them. And finally I payed a very expensive ticket to see them live, and they sucked to my eyes. Do you want me to lie? Do I, a Guns N' Roses fan posting in a Guns N' Roses forum, need to lie in my opinion about VR so you and the other 5 or 6 hardcore VR fans here can be happy?

Again I never said because they aren't with Axl, I said it was because it's not Axl.

What I don't get is that you bought Contraband and didn't like it, you downloaded shows and didn't like them, and yet you still payed to go see a band that you thought sucked?

Sorry that you seen a shitty show but like I said before the ones I was at were pretty good.

I think fans of bth these bands are pretty shitty towards each other.

Maybe. I will never understand why a lot of people try hard to relate Guns N' Roses with VR. Even more: I dont know why there's a VR special section in a Guns N' Roses forum.

Guns N' Roses has absolutely nothing to do with VR. Some people need to accept it

You know why, no reason denying it!?

And that includes the owner of this forum.? I see at least 3-4 GNR fans that consistently come into this section just to talk shit.? That includes Jarmo, chineseblues, and estebanf.? No real input at all on the subjects, just insults and talking shit about this band.? Yeah, yeah, I know there are many that do the same in the GNR section, sometimes it's justified, sometimes not.

Well, that's just your opinion. I think jarmo's and cb's contributions to this forum are a lot bigger than the 5 or 6 ''ultra-super-hardcore'' VR fans (I really doubt they are also GNR fans) that just want to read ''oh, Slash is God, She Build Quick Machines is the Smoke Of The Water of the 21st century''. They need to realise urgently that this is a Guns N' Roses forum. I dont know how many times jarmo needs to say that. And even when I dont like VR, I always try to do my best uploading VR media/concerts I've never listened and never will, posting info, articles, pics, etc. I dont need to be a VR fan to post here dude, sorry.

Im a Guns N' Roses fan. I'm here because of Guns N' Roses.

What have they contributed to it lately?? Not much, just trolling.
?
You said that GNR doesn't have anything to do with VR, but here you are in a VR section.? Which by your account shouldn't have anything to do with GNR

And if Jarmo needs to keep saying it, he can always just do away with this section of the forum.? It's his after all and he can do what he wants with it.? But the Axl nut hugging that goes on here by him, chineseblues, you and others is pathetic.

Me personally, I could care less.? I like both bands music.? I don't have the need to say how much one band sucks over the other because they have broke up.

I just think fans of both bands need to do a little growing up.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2007, 07:03:20 PM »

Then go to the fucking Guns N' Roses forum.? How many times do people bashing GNR in the GNR forum hear that the forum is for GNR fans and if they don't like it then they can leave (or get banned)? Maybe you all should follow that advice.

hahaha, ''i have an agenda to bash VR''? hihi hihi hihi hihi very funny...

Sorry, I am already in a Guns N' Roses forum. I dont need to go to any other place.

It would be very different If I was not a Guns N' Roses fan. But I am.

But you are in the VR section and you have already admitted that you do not like them so basically your intent is to come here and talk smack.

I think I have the right to say what I think, just like you, as long as I dont break any rule.

One of those rules around here must be that you can talk shit about all the old band members but there better not be anything negative said about GNR otherwise it's deleted posts, negative karma or banned.

Nothing to talk about in the GNR world? are you serious?

Realistically, there's not much more going on in the GNR world than there is in VR's.? VR has a release coming up and they are on tour.? GNR might have a release coming up and they are on tour.? Seems about the same to me.? Either way people like me win, we get to go see 2 of our favorite bands and should be able to hear some official new music by at least one of them!
fortus07
Opening Act

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2007, 09:36:55 AM »

Then go to the fucking Guns N' Roses forum.? How many times do people bashing GNR in the GNR forum hear that the forum is for GNR fans and if they don't like it then they can leave (or get banned)? Maybe you all should follow that advice.

You're delusional.  I bet you dont even know him. You dont know he has an agenda. He thinks they sucked live, he went out, saw em live and said they sucked. He bought the album the day it came out and formed an opinion. What more do you want from him?

I saw VR at PNC Bank arts center in 2005 and I thought it was awesome. I had bought the album the day after it was released and I didnt like it until after I saw them. Apparently they were "on" that night.

I saw them a second time this year at Starland Ballroom and I was dissapointed for sure. The new songs sound great and I cant wait to hear the new record, but the band was kind of sub par. I had fun, but sometimes I was bored. The first 4 songs were great, but after that the show kinda went downhill.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2007, 10:11:56 AM »

But the Axl nut hugging that goes on here by him, chineseblues, you and others is pathetic.

Is that something you can understand?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2007, 11:02:40 AM »

Jarmo, do songs like "Just 16", and "Last Fight" do more for you than the material on Contraband? 

Haven't seen you really comment on the new songs much. 
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2007, 11:28:39 AM »

Jarmo, do songs like "Just 16", and "Last Fight" do more for you than the material on Contraband?

He is amused by them.   ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2007, 12:00:48 PM »

He is amused by them.   ok

I'm amused by smart asses on GN'R boards.  ok

I heard Just 16 on the EP. I can't tell if the mix is bad or the singing is supposed to sound like mumbling.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2007, 12:31:21 PM »

I heard Just 16 on the EP. I can't tell if the mix is bad or the singing is supposed to sound like mumbling.

You bought the EP? 
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2007, 04:19:41 PM »

You bought the EP??

Nice to see he's supporting the band  hihi

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2007, 04:41:23 PM »

But the Axl nut hugging that goes on here by him, chineseblues, you and others is pathetic.

/jarmo

It's something I don't care about actually.

But did I get the karma because I am speaking truth and you know it?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2007, 04:52:37 PM »

/jarmo

It's because you're clueless and your post is full of shit.  ok

/jarmo

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2007, 06:12:32 PM »

/jarmo

if they dont say why you got -karma in the check why you got karma thread then yeah, you got -1 for speaking the truth. thats how i got one of my -karmas and they never posted a reason why i got it.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2007, 09:08:35 PM »

/jarmo

It's because you're clueless and your post is full of shit.? ok

/jarmo

I'm not clueless and it isn't full of shit and you know it.  No need wasting my breath debating it with you.

But hey, it's your yard, play how you want.  Like I said I could care less.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: