Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:50:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How has Axl Rose (& GNR) changed your life?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How has Axl Rose (& GNR) changed your life?  (Read 6273 times)
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2007, 06:46:35 AM »

I wouldn?t say Axl has changed my life but he obviously influenced me when I was a teenager. It was his amazing voice what made me be a GNR fan, it was like a love at first sight. Since then he became my favourite singer and GNR my favourite band and I support him 100%.  beer

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2007, 06:48:17 AM »

All my friends say I have a bad taste in music because of GN'R.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2007, 06:57:06 AM »

And who cares about others? Wink

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2007, 06:58:47 AM »

And who cares about others? Wink

I don't know, who?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2007, 08:26:40 AM »

Well he'll soon have made me very ill.  Nightrain is my favourite guns song of all time, and a friend and I are doing our bestest to get hold of a bottle of it each, to try it out. 

Other than that, Slash and Izzy have both been my biggest influences when playing guitar, they're definetely two of the coolest guitarists I know of.  I want to try and make a band soon, and while we won't be a carbon copy of Gnr, I'd definetely like the music to be strongly influenced by them. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2007, 09:27:42 AM »

i used to walk down the boardwalk  of wildwood,blairing guns n' rose's from my radio.way before anyone knew who they were.those were proud moments back then.proud of a great band.

the one an only horsey !
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2007, 09:56:59 AM »

GN'R made me start a web site about 10.5 years ago.

I had done my military service and had nothing to do.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2007, 10:13:32 AM »

HRS - Ya already know my story, I think we've spoke about it before.

We have, but I smoke a lot of pot.? I might not remember all the details.? I'd like to hear it again.? ?

I remember reading something you'd written one time about how you got in fights and broke your hand, but you didn't give a fuck.? I remember thinking to myself... "Now THIS is a kid who's got the spirit of Axl Rose!"

Yeah...theres been a few of those "moments" I smoke a lot o' pot also. I'll post a huge post later on when I'm not at school.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2007, 10:20:52 AM »

I listen to GN'R and love their music. In every generation or era there's someone that's looked up to as an inspirational and successful figure, and I believe that person to be Axl for this era, and this is also why he gets such bad press (people are jealous).

a.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2007, 10:25:54 AM »

Axl didn't change my life but while I was in the service either training/working out (forever) or doing the dirty deeds of old time Naval spec ops. ?I would always pump up and get squared away with GnR and Ozzy. ?When we would return it was debrief, shower, beers and GnR and Ozzy. ?AFD could pump you up and then bring you back down. ?Who knows I could have changed his?....Later...JMack ?

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2007, 11:10:51 AM »

they made me start swearing at the age of 9, almost flunk out of school, get suspended countless times, arrested once well apprehended to be exact..drink heavily(thank you Slash).. and made me lose track of how many illegitimate kids I have running around.....yet i still rebounded to graduate college last week....thank you GNR....

Hmm if you think its the musics fault... You'll wanna go get looked at..

haha i was joking....
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2007, 12:11:33 PM »

Well, When I was kid I want to be a pilot, become normal kid and live my life Straight, married have a children get a normal Job, get older and die. Ooh and myhero was Jacko..
I even Hate a guys with a long hair, it seems they have no future..and I hate Rock music so much.
Until I heard Estranged for the first time in the radio. That song Keep playin' in my head, I didn't even knows what song it is and who's sing it. I keep searchin' until I knows that was Gn'R song. and that time november rain clip was playin' on TV for the first time. every Teenagers on my Country Loves Guns..So do I.
Axl singing Voice affect me so much. So i tryn to sing like Him. Start a band many times and I only wants to sing Gn'R song. Its been 12 years now I've been Tryn to sing like Him, When all of my band member kinda bored now. But I didn't care if they Dump me, I'll Start a new ones.
So now I have Unnormal Job As a kindergarten Teacher (I teach Drawings lessons), a Freelance Illustrator in a newspaper,  an Assistant of Obstetarian and Gynecologist in a Hospital. and Play Cover Band Every week. Hoping that somedays I wiil get a deal from The record Label. And Still not yet married When almost of my Friend Already have two kids.

Thanks To Axl For Ruin My Straight life hihi.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2007, 12:23:34 PM »

GN'R made me start a web site about 10.5 years ago.

I had done my military service and had nothing to do.....

/jarmo

I'd like to hear more about that!  And I doubt I'm alone!  Shed some light on the mysterious Jarmo...

What was your position in the army?  How "Civil War" make you feel?

Everybody thinks they know Jarmo.  But they only know this one part of his life.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2007, 12:47:32 PM »

My position? What's the lowest you can be? Private?

If you're a Finnish citizen and male, the law says you're required to do military service. Some skip it and do civil service instead.

It wasn't my choice to do it and that pretty much sums up how I feel about it.  hihi

I had my Walkman and some tapes, so GN'R's music made it a bit more bearable. Especially since the radio was only playing things like Alanis, N-Trance and Coolio.

nervous

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
McDuff
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2007, 01:26:43 PM »

well the original Guns N' Roses taught me not to give a fuck what anyone else thinks about me or the music that I like.Also they inspired me to become a musician,the new band is great,but there was something special about the AFD lineup.
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2007, 04:01:55 PM »

I can not say that Axl or GNR has changed my life but I really think that Axl have been very important in my life. The message in his songs has been very special for me. When I broke with a boyfriend back in 1993, listening GNR help me a lot. I remember one day I was really sad and then in TV I saw for the first time the Estranged video and my sadness turn into happiness. Then I left my home to do a master in another city, and those all night long studying were less terrible because I was always listening GNR. I think that in the last 17 years I have listened at least 1 GNR song every day.  Axl voice is full of feelings. And all the GNR songs have been my favourite in one time or another time.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2007, 05:36:46 PM »

i think they can change your mood and stuff..and your musical-life...

but i don?t think that they can change your life...." Hey i was a junkie before, and then i saw Axl in the Don?t cry video, and he made me think... no"

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2007, 06:31:02 PM »

I used to be a recovering heroin addict. Had done it for 12 years, never could get over it. Thats when I heard the "Spaghetti Incident" and I realised, I dont need drugs to feel like shit!

Joking aside they made me pick up guitar
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2007, 07:28:52 PM »

well...

my history in music was a bit of a late starter.

I liked music when i was little, but never got into any bands, i might occassionally ask my dad to put a certain song on in the car, id just say the lyrics so he got it.

When i was 10 for my birthday i was bought 3 albums "limp bizkit" "papa roach" and "linkin park"

up until age 13, all i knew was nu-metal, everything else was "weak"

Then i was introduced to skid rows slave to the grind by my dad, its heavy riffs and rebellious lyrics caught my attention and got me into a new genre finally....

then one day i was around my friends and he was like "dude, check this cd my dad left here, look at these dudes on the back, they look fucking trashed out but cool" i was like "haha man look at those leathers!"

he put the cd on, we put it on as a pisstake (it was AFD) but suddenly....my friend didnt play it from start, he skipped it to its so easy....

it came on, and we were like .... "haha....oh...wait...this fucking rocks!!!" and we were rockin, and at the age of 14 now, the line "i see you standing there, why dont you just, fuck off!" appealed so much somewhat.

So i went home and was like "dad do you know of this band caleld guns n roses" and he was basically like "one of the best rock bands in any decade, of course, i have there debut, give it a try" and there begins my story of gnr.

slowly my image and lifestyle changes, music tastes broaden, leave nu-metal behind, very far behind.

html sucks
Dadud
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2007, 09:55:22 PM »

Guns N' Roses has changed my life in many ways. Before 2004 i would listen to just about any kind of music, as long as it sounded cool. One day i went over to a friends house and he was playing Welcome to the Jungle on his guitar. I recognized the song from somewhere else, but didn't know the name of it, so i asked him who it was. Well, fast forward a bit and i went out and *Cough*bought*Cough* all the albums off the internet. I listened to them non stop for at least a few months. In October of 2005 i found this website, and read about Chinese Democracy. Nowadays i listen to mostly guns n' roses, but once in a while i listen to other stuff.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: