Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:22:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How has Axl Rose (& GNR) changed your life?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How has Axl Rose (& GNR) changed your life?  (Read 6269 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 05:22:21 PM »

wrong band dude.... hihi

Oh, thank God the band is right...

eerrrrmmmmm well.

my missus tells poeple that there's 3 poeple in our relationship.

Me
Her
and Axl Rose

that says it all  Tongue

That's not very healthy you know...

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 05:30:05 PM »

Hell in 2nd grade we had dress up as your hero day, some kids were dressed as astronauts, super heroes and etc I dressed as Axl. My teacher was shocked that a rock star was my hero at a young age I still remember her face as I was giving my report on how I wanted to be a rock star.

Was it the 'SHIT HAPPENS' shirt that did it?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 05:56:46 PM »

in the late 80s I was going through a lot of changes in my life , divorce , graduation coming up , so I started started hanging with the gunner crowd . I was always a wild one anyway so I sort of just fit in ,and I was always a hard rocker so this was my new niche . With what we thought was a glorification of heroin , we all indulged . this led to years of addiction and treatment . been clean now for several years . I had positive exerpiences too that I posted about elsewhere , but like everthing there is good and bad . I'm aware that one can not blame their addiction on anyone but themself , however the environment was condusive to that behavior . Anyway I wouldn't change a thing . Life is a learning experience that never stops ; we are a sum total of our experiences . It was , and still is, a blast .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 06:30:25 PM »

they made me start swearing at the age of 9, almost flunk out of school, get suspended countless times, arrested once well apprehended to be exact..drink heavily(thank you Slash).. and made me lose track of how many illegitimate kids I have running around.....yet i still rebounded to graduate college last week....thank you GNR....

Hmm if you think its the musics fault... You'll wanna go get looked at..
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2007, 07:02:44 PM »

I guess the easiest way to describe is as follows:

Was depressed when younger. Tried everything I could, whether music or drugs or alchohol, to try and cope. Nothing worked. I felt dead inside.
Once day I heard Sweet Child on the radio ( had heard it plenty before) but for whatever reason , this time it was different. That voice seemed to be speaking to me, the guitars put me in a place that was completely intense, and I felt like my entire soul just " snapped out of it " at that one moment.
The rest, as they say, is history.........   yes yes yes
Illusions Used
Opening Act

One In A Million

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2007, 07:16:48 PM »

GNR were the first CDs I were able to buy with Parental Advisory labels.  I showed my parents music videos on MTV to show them what GNR was all about.  It was the first time I was able to make a musical connection with my parents.  It's still one of the few to this day.  Being a youngster, I didn't listen to a whole lot of "true" rock.  I can thank GNR for much of my musical taste and choices today.

Well some say I'm lazy
And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy
I guess I'll always be

12.2.06 Target Center
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2007, 07:40:35 PM »

Never really changed my life...just became a part of it..you could ask anyone i know and they will tell you that i'm a insane GnR fan and would hang anyone that talks shit about axl rose.. it's allright for the fans but if you're a hater then you're a hater and your opinion is null and void.  i don't really get into the solo stuff and former and current gnr side projects...i just connected at a young age to the shit axl was saying.. I too am a small town white boy just tryin to make ends meet.

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2007, 07:42:01 PM »

GNR were the first CDs I were able to buy with Parental Advisory labels.? I showed my parents music videos on MTV to show them what GNR was all about.? It was the first time I was able to make a musical connection with my parents.? It's still one of the few to this day.? Being a youngster, I didn't listen to a whole lot of "true" rock.? I can thank GNR for much of my musical taste and choices today.

I remember after UYI came out, and Time Magazine did an article called "What GNR Plays is Very Good. ?What GNR Says is Very Bad."

My mom found out all the dirty shit Axl had been screaming in my ear those last few years. ?I thought she was going to take away my albums for sure. ?To a young rock fan, the idea of losing your favorite albums is a fate worse than death.

Strangely, she let me keep listening. ?Never even brought it up again. ?She just checked to make sure I wasn't doing drugs or getting in trouble. ?Thankfully, it'd be another year before any of that really started. ?I didn't have to lie.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2007, 07:58:02 PM »

BTW Mother Goose... Very good posts here!! You're much more tolerable when its not all about pitman  ok
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2007, 08:10:58 PM »

at the time of my life g n' r came out it brought more meaning to rock.everyone was lisening to club music around that time.i was a rocker at heart.i feel he saved the rock world from dance music.(that sucks by the way dance music,get down with rock again).and i believe axl can do it again.bring back rock n' rroll !
old school.just down home rock music will save the nasty world from dancing lol.

the one an only horsey !
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2007, 08:26:57 PM »

HRS - Ya already know my story, I think we've spoke about it before.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2007, 08:38:34 PM »

I say "fuck" and use "fucking" as an adjective a lot more than I used to do. That is how Axl affected my life.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2007, 09:27:46 PM »

BTW Mother Goose... Very good posts here!! You're much more tolerable when its not all about pitman? ok

Hey man, sometimes it's good to show some love too.  Jarmo's earned that much, wouldn't you say?

On a related note... there sure have been a lot of nice posts today.  What's a brutha gotta do to get some postiive Karma around here?

MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2007, 09:29:21 PM »

HRS - Ya already know my story, I think we've spoke about it before.

We have, but I smoke a lot of pot.? I might not remember all the details.? I'd like to hear it again.? ?

I remember reading something you'd written one time about how you got in fights and broke your hand, but you didn't give a fuck.? I remember thinking to myself... "Now THIS is a kid who's got the spirit of Axl Rose!"

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2007, 09:48:02 PM »

BTW Mother Goose... Very good posts here!! You're much more tolerable when its not all about pitman? ok

Hey man, sometimes it's good to show some love too.? Jarmo's earned that much, wouldn't you say?

On a related note... there sure have been a lot of nice posts today.? What's a brutha gotta do to get some postiive Karma around here?

I give credit when credit is due  peace
PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2007, 11:32:28 PM »

gnr were my favorite band of the 80s and i always play them the most when i play that glam metal always loved them in particular because they were the sleeziest of sleeze
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 12:15:05 AM »

When I heard November Rain on the radio I decided right then that I wanted to be a musician. I took piano lessons and on the first day i said my only goal was to be able to play and sing that song. I sold all my video games to get a keyboard and guitar. Because I was singing round the clock, forcing myself to sing like Axl my vocal range grew to cover 4 octaves. Then i started a band that got popular locally and I got to play shows in front of thousands of people which (coupled with what I learned from watching bootleg VHS of Axl playing stadiums) made me a good performer. Then I joined another band and got to tour the US 5 times, and get fans internationally. Now I'm a solo artist and make my living off of music and I even got to play with Gilby Clarke.
All because of GNR.
I owe Axl everything. He made me who I am, and I am eternally thankful.
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 12:46:59 AM »

Ive told my story how I got into GNR a million times already so no need to get into details.
But these days, I find myself going deeper and deeper into the love of GNR. By that I mean the live era of 1985 - 1993, when Axl and the guys came out of nowhere to not only conquer rock n' roll in that era, but for all time. I definitly credit YOU TUBE with that added love of GNR. AFD and UYI still sell in the thousands and its only a matter of time when they announce new platinum and diamon awards for these two fine musical albums.

I guess everything I do, the way I carry myself - reckless abandon combined with articulation, outspokeness and personal finess - comes from watching Axl Rose on stage. He was the greatest rock performer in history, and even now had regained 80% of what he did on stage in the old glory days. His formula is successful and if you are spontaenous and open in life the way Axl is in his taste and performance and life, life is definitly much more rewarding and exciting.

My position on the newwer GNR has definitly improved over the last year as Axl has returned with much vigor, ruggedness, style, party, outspokeness and that fantastic Rock N' Roll voice in the 2006 tour. I certainly would like to get over the embarassments of the 2000-2002 era and I know that Axl and the band would like to get over it the same. I will reiterate for the 1000th time that we haven't heard the best of the new GNR and that the delays are likely to have been caused by changing tastes and singing abilities of the one AXL. A successful comeback at 45 will be inspiring for many of us who plan to live life after 40 and onward. Axl could be 60+ for all I care and he's welcome to continue touring, making albums and inspiring new generations of people to rebuild their lives and conquer the jungle and get the fuck out of Madagascar!
 smoking
MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
mesaboogie
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 05:04:44 AM »

Changed my working life over the past 8 years, travel into work every day not thinking about the day ahead.  Look forward to my few minutes on the net with a cup of tea checking if chinese democracy is due to be released etc.  What will I do once its released, wait for the next i suppose! Roll Eyes
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2007, 06:10:10 AM »

Yes, I am sleeping more. What's the cure for noisy neighbours?
GnR Greatest Hits on a loop during the night - speakers 11.  Grin

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: