Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:01:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  pirates of the caribbean: at world's end(Spoilers)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: pirates of the caribbean: at world's end(Spoilers)  (Read 10965 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2007, 02:23:42 AM »

Just got back from watching it and This is by far the best movie of the series.

It lasts 3 hours but I didnt feel like i was in the theater for 30 minutes.

Izzy I have no idea what u are talkin about with the plot, Did u fall asleep or something....?? this movie picked up right where 2 left off and like Freedom78 said it was pretty straightforward from there.

The fact she was voted king is just a joke inside the movie. The movie is a comedy also for those who didnt realize it and that was just something added in.

Everything about this movie was great, I personally felt it doesnt drag really at all, some of the fight scenes go a little long but they don't downgrade the movie any.

Go see this, Its way better than 2 and I liked it better than the first one.

I honestly can't understand the bad reviews.

I think sometimes people go to the movies in a bad mood or they are sleepy and don't really get everything.

I was going on about 3 hours sleep the first time I watched part 2 and I thought it was just ok. I went back a month later and watched it fully rested and I thought it was very good.

Part 3 is amazing, its funny but also very dramatic, has great action and I think this one flows well and the cinematography is amazing as well.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2007, 06:07:55 AM »

Izzy I have no idea what u are talkin about with the plot, Did u fall asleep or something....??

i did try repeatedly to fall asleep, but stopped myself using the logic 'if i dont see it now, i'll have to see it another day'

why did they want to get Jack back? Other than the fact they had bugger all else to do with their time?

Didnt the 2nd film end with Barbie chaining him to the mast.....then deciding 'oh wait, that was a mistake, better go rescue him...''

this movie picked up right where 2 left off and like Freedom78 said it was pretty straightforward from there.

so Beckett needs pirates to sing....so pirates will gather, so he can destroy them using the Dutchman...and not his vast fleet confused

Ms Swan wants to.....? Er? I'm honestly lost for her motivation

Will Turner wants to rescue the dad who keeps trying to kill him, and who is bound to the Dutchman for 100 years....except at the end of the film his dad is free...after just 10 years....

Jack wants to....be immortal? Drink rum?

Barbossa wants to....er....? Why is he even in this film again?

Davy Jones wants to rescue/kill his girlfriend?

The Black Pearl wants to explain to the audience how it repairs itself instantly and where its every expanding crew comes from

Norrington wants to...? Why did he stay behind again?

The flotilla of support characters....why are they there?

I did wonder if the scenes were actually ordered or just strung together at random....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2007, 06:35:14 AM »

So many questions, Izzy, so many questions.....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2007, 08:17:30 AM »

It seems like most people have such an extreme view of this movie, either love it or hate it.  I loved the first one and hated the second one.  Now I can't decide if I should make the effort to escape from work to go see the third, and honestly, you guys aren't helping!  I'm curious, do those of you that have seen it think it's more like the first or the second movie? 

what about going to see something different for once? Wink

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2007, 09:17:51 AM »

I saw it at the Drive In this past weekend and it wasn't "that" bad hihi

Painfully long, but a decent "popcorn movie." ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
badapple81
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2007, 09:32:21 AM »

Im with Izzy.. the movie totally lost me. It was all over the place and just went for wayyy too long. First one was the best.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2007, 11:50:56 AM »

It seems like most people have such an extreme view of this movie, either love it or hate it.  I loved the first one and hated the second one.  Now I can't decide if I should make the effort to escape from work to go see the third, and honestly, you guys aren't helping!  I'm curious, do those of you that have seen it think it's more like the first or the second movie? 

Such as...?

why did they want to get Jack back? Other than the fact they had bugger all else to do with their time?

They needed him for their pirate assembly, and so that they could free Calypso.

Didnt the 2nd film end with Barbie chaining him to the mast.....then deciding 'oh wait, that was a mistake, better go rescue him...''

Yes, because the kraken was trying to eat him, and thus endangering every one else around him.

Will Turner wants to rescue the dad who keeps trying to kill him, and who is bound to the Dutchman for 100 years....except at the end of the film his dad is free...after just 10 years....

His father clearly has difficulty remembering, as I thought was adequately demonstrated when he tells Elizabeth the same story twice.  He is free because Will is the new captain. 

Jack wants to....be immortal? Drink rum?

Yes, and yes.

Barbossa wants to....er....? Why is he even in this film again?

Again, Calypso brings him back, so that he will call for that pirate assembly, and free her.

The Black Pearl wants to explain to the audience how it repairs itself instantly and where its every expanding crew comes from

About half the crew are from Singapore, thus the scene near the beginning where Barbosa asks for a ship and a crew.  When that ship is lost, immediately prior to finding Jack, that crew becomes the Pearl's crew.   

The flotilla of support characters....why are they there?

I've only seen one good movie with minimal characters, and that was 12 Angry Men.  Imagine your complaints if all the ships were simply adrift, because they hadn't hired any actors for those roles...

I did wonder if the scenes were actually ordered or just strung together at random....

My guess is the former, seeing as how the story seems to follow a chronological progression.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2007, 12:02:05 PM »

wait just a sec i thought it was excellent. but what happens at the end of the creditz i missed it .

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2007, 12:04:04 PM »

^ It's Elizabeth and a little boy (her and Will's son I assume) standing, waiting by the beach ten years later, and Will and the Dutchman show up to come visit.

Anyway, I'm so surprised at all the negative reviews I've heard. I thought it was great!

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2007, 12:05:38 PM »

thanks jennaslide , i was soo confused as well, i thought it was a excellent movie
 beer

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2007, 12:27:07 PM »

Izzy honestly u sound like someone who missed not only half of this one but half of the 2nd one.

Freedom hits it on the head here.

Jack had one of the 8 pieces needed to free Calypso. So in order for her to be set free they had to rescue Jack

Jack wanted to be immortal to sail and drink rum. It sounds as if u are trying to make a movie that isnt meant to be entirely serious a serious movie.? Jack is the comic foil for the most part in these films, so stuff like that is just meant for comedic relief. Like at the end when he points his compass to what he wants the most and it points at the bottle of rum behind him. Its just meant to be funny and nothing more.

Will still loves his dad obviously and realizes that his dad is bound by a certain code and has little control over tryin to kill Will. He knows if he can get rid of Davy Jones he can save his father which he does at the end.

Elizabeth loves Will, feels guilty for betraying Jack is labeled a pirate and will be hanged, so really she has no option but to keep sailing seeing as if she goes back she will be executed.

Norrington sailed with Jack and Co. in part 2 and I guess he like Will and Elizabeth and her father in part 1 realized that Jack and pirates aren't so bad afterall and are actually better people than the ones he was working for.

This movie made perfect sense, went completely in order picking up perfectly from the 2nd one.

I think some of u who didnt like it should watch it again cause obviously u saw it on a day where maybe your head and heart were somewhere else.

Someone not liking a movie cause its "Too Long" should maybe stick to Will Ferrell Movies. ok

Cristina
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2007, 01:03:14 PM »

I saw it on friday and thought it was great Smiley
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2007, 02:34:11 PM »

Such as...?

that is the saddest.

people don't even questions these movies.

it's either zodiac or spiderman 3 or pirates.
for the past week every time i talked to someone it was one of these 3 movies they went to see.

it's like there is NO other cinema.
critics could go on and on about great movies to see, chinese, mexican, austrian ... people are just deaf.

it's all about Pirates.

Cannes is giving all its prizes to small, foreign, meaningful films.... and people will ONLY go see Die Hard 4.

download die hard 4. steal it. do not pay for it.
you want to escape from your hard life of stress in the dangerous town you live in. you want to chill out with a *simple movie* ?
download it for free. eat at home comfortable.
these blockbusters DO NOT deserve your money. just like Paris Hilton CD does not deserve it.
these are not films they marketing product made to get your money, they blind you with big names and stars and wait for your docile money money.

but all these little films that ARE cinema, just don't exist to 99% of the crowd.

worst, the same guys here saying that " PIRATES IS THE BEST FILM EVAH ! OMG ! SO GOOD !" are the ones that diss britney spears and blink 182 and are proud to listen to nine inch nails ... ironic. ironic

i'm sorry, paying for Pirates is the same thing as paying for Paris Hilton's music . SAME.

ps: for many, that was my "i'm an annoying snob" minute.
PEACE Smiley

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2007, 02:36:27 PM »

^
What an annoying Snob hihi hihi hihi hihi

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2007, 03:44:56 PM »

^
What an annoying Snob hihi hihi hihi hihi

damn  rant  Grin

no, i'm serious.
it's sad.

and the Festival de Cannes is the perfect example.

in the streets: transformers, ocean's 13, die hard, rambo, hollywood stars strollin', .... pure entertainment. food for our empty eyes.
with the prizes and the palm : very small budget movies from small countries dealing with intense issues. food for the brain that only 0.5% of the public will see.
i know there are a lot of guys here that like all kinds of movies and that love small budget films. but the more the mass will go see Pirates and Transformers, the more they will make marketing movies like these and the less you guys will have access to interesting films.

i'm serious
do you like the way mtv turned? are you happy with what they show on mtv? no i hear you guys complaining about this "marketing crap" all the time.
well what you reject in the music industry, it's time to reject it in the movie industry.
every year i hear you guys talking about how you saw Spiderman 57 and complaing how it sucks ...

call me snob.  nervous

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2007, 03:47:10 PM »

Gotta love the last battle, amazing.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2007, 08:52:12 PM »

Such as...?

that is the saddest.

people don't even questions these movies.

it's either zodiac or spiderman 3 or pirates.
for the past week every time i talked to someone it was one of these 3 movies they went to see.

it's like there is NO other cinema.
critics could go on and on about great movies to see, chinese, mexican, austrian ... people are just deaf.

it's all about Pirates.

Cannes is giving all its prizes to small, foreign, meaningful films.... and people will ONLY go see Die Hard 4.

download die hard 4. steal it. do not pay for it.
you want to escape from your hard life of stress in the dangerous town you live in. you want to chill out with a *simple movie* ?
download it for free. eat at home comfortable.
these blockbusters DO NOT deserve your money. just like Paris Hilton CD does not deserve it.
these are not films they marketing product made to get your money, they blind you with big names and stars and wait for your docile money money.

but all these little films that ARE cinema, just don't exist to 99% of the crowd.

worst, the same guys here saying that " PIRATES IS THE BEST FILM EVAH ! OMG ! SO GOOD !" are the ones that diss britney spears and blink 182 and are proud to listen to nine inch nails ... ironic. ironic

i'm sorry, paying for Pirates is the same thing as paying for Paris Hilton's music . SAME.

First, you'll note that, rather than actually giving me some suggestions, you assumed my comment was sarcastic, and you went on a rant. 

Second, my going to see Pirates isn't the same as paying for Paris Hilton's music.  I saw Pirates because, as a child, it was my favorite ride.  Now, for the 28.7% of Americans who consider Paris Hilton their favorite ride, I can see the comparison.  hihi  But, that isn't the case for most of us.

Third, I do agree that our willingness to gobble up the latest garbage certainly leads to lower quality films.  As I've said to others, films don't have to be good.  You pay the same whether you watch it once or leave after ten minutes.  And, since most people don't see something more than once, they've achieved their goal, simply by getting your ass in the seat, however briefly.  I rarely go to the theater to see a movie, BECAUSE the vast majority of them suck and have replaced story and acting with CGI and other effects.  I stopped renting movies at my local video store BECAUSE they don't carry things even as "artsy" as films based on Shakespeare.  At the same time, the town I live near has ridiculously poor taste in nearly everything.  There are 100,000 people, not counting 40,000 seasonal university students, and yet you'd be amazed at the difficulty for non-chain restaurants to stay in business.  On a Friday night, you have to wait 45 minutes to eat at Chili's or CrApplebee's, but the small restaurants, that try to do something different, really crash and burn. 

Of course, the film selection is abysmal, too.  "The Queen," which was released in October, 2006, didn't appear here until January, 2007, after it had been nominated for Oscars.  It was 100 miles to the nearest showing of "The Namesake," which I doubt will ever play here.  I happened to be where it was showing, but if I made a habit of such treks, I'm certain you'd throw a fit about me throwing my big American ass into a gargantuan American SUV, and finishing off the habitats of 14 species, simply to see a quality movie.   hihi   

The only things about which I can't complain are the cigar and beer selections.  After all, you have to draw the line somewhere.

So, I guess my point is that I agree with you, but not every instance of someone seeing a big budget blockbuster is quite as heinous a crime as you seem to believe.           

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2007, 09:57:34 PM »

Keith Richards was the best part.  Tongue
Chief
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2007, 12:24:45 AM »

Well, I loved it.. looking forward to seeing it again to catch what i missed..

and Keef!!! he looked amazing!!!!

johnny depp rules!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2007, 12:34:34 AM »

I thought the movie kick ass for what it was. A big summer movie.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: