Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:35:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  pirates of the caribbean: at world's end(Spoilers)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: pirates of the caribbean: at world's end(Spoilers)  (Read 10977 times)
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 07:25:09 AM »

Saw it last night. I hated part 2, but loved this one. Having Geoffrey Rush back to eat up the scenes that didnt have Johnny Depp was a big help. Make sure to stay through the credits.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2007, 09:50:50 AM »

I already gots me ticket!!!! *banana dance*  7 pm tonight  ok  (single mommies can't go out on the weeknights hihi )

Thanks for the tip kujo, and all of the other reviews.  As with any sequel, I expected the first reviews to be horrendus.  I'm a POTC junkie, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love this movie.  I wanna know what happens between Will and Elizabeth, so I don't think that I'm gonna be bored or put off by that focus. And I love long movies (LOTR is my other fave Wink )

I've also read that the first part of the movie is kinda disturbing (something about pirates being led away to their deaths, including a kid), so I'm going to see this before I bring my daughter.  Starts kinda like the 2nd one then, huh? She's willing to put up with nightmarish scenes to see the movie though hihi

......in which all the actors look like they're in Guns N' Roses. hihi

rofl  rofl  rofl

I KNEW I liked these movies for SOME reason!  rofl

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2007, 09:57:17 AM »

well the second one wasnt too good so i didnt have much hopes for this, it looked shitty in the trailers anyway.

one will always be top for me, two had its moments but wasnt half as good.

i must say though, the bit in two where they have a pirate bar brawl was just classic.

html sucks
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2007, 10:30:10 PM »

Absolutely blown away by this  movie, AWESOME!!

Can't wait till Sunday when I see it again with my daughter Grin

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2007, 10:55:43 PM »

I loved this movie. I gave it a 9/10. I've seen it twice and it kicked ass the second time through. It is truly a thrill ride and exactly what you want in a summer movie. It has great humor, great references to the first Pirates that were lacking in part 2, INCREDIBLE visuals (some of the best I've ever seen), epic fight scenes, and a hell of a music score by Hans Zimmer. It's not quite as great as COTBP (10/10), but it's still a hell of a summer movie and better than Dead Man's Chest and Spider-Man 3 for sure. Hell, I'd rate it above all of the Spidey films to be honest.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2007, 11:56:40 PM »

I loved this movie. I gave it a 9/10. I've seen it twice and it kicked ass the second time through. It is truly a thrill ride and exactly what you want in a summer movie. It has great humor, great references to the first Pirates that were lacking in part 2, INCREDIBLE visuals (some of the best I've ever seen), epic fight scenes, and a hell of a music score by Hans Zimmer. It's not quite as great as COTBP (10/10), but it's still a hell of a summer movie and better than Dead Man's Chest and Spider-Man 3 for sure. Hell, I'd rate it above all of the Spidey films to be honest.

It's playing locally starting every half hour, so I'm sure to go tomorrow.  And I'd rate playing with Mr. Potato Head above all the Spidey films.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2007, 12:10:23 AM »

It's playing locally starting every half hour, so I'm sure to go tomorrow.  And I'd rate playing with Mr. Potato Head above all the Spidey films.

LOL. OK, well all I can say is that AWE is just a fun summer movie and I hope you enjoy it.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2007, 04:21:01 PM »

awful, horrenous....my god!

What the hell was the this film on about? I had no idea who was doing what - why were they after Jack??

Just didnt understand and didnt care - the film was so long i couldnt even remember what had gone on previously

Just...baffling

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2007, 05:45:03 PM »

awful, horrenous....my god!

What the hell was the this film on about? I had no idea who was doing what - why were they after Jack??

Just didnt understand and didnt care - the film was so long i couldnt even remember what had gone on previously

Just...baffling

Watch the first two and maybe you'd understand it a bit more. It wasn't that complicated. I had a hard time understanding some of the accents of the characters, but the plot wasn't that bad if you have seen the first two more than once.
badapple81
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2007, 06:00:09 PM »

Sorry I'm with Izzy.. I saw this last night. It was painful. The movie was everywhere and went for an hour too long. Awful.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2007, 08:05:03 PM »

I agree it went too long---then again, nowadays all but the most worthless of comedies go too long---but the plot wasn't hard to follow in the least, if you've seen the first two. 

I particularly enjoyed seeing Jack's mother.  rofl

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2007, 08:28:54 AM »

Watch the first two and maybe you'd understand it a bit more.

Oh bravo Roll Eyes

Well obviously i've seen the first 2. This film seemed to have little or nothing to do with what had actually gone before....

It wasn't that complicated.

Indeed - because once you peel away the cgi, there wasnt a story here at all

Upon reading scores of reviews I discover there wasnt a storyline here to begin with - hence the confusion

Did you know filming began without a finished script....

I had a hard time understanding some of the accents of the characters, but the plot wasn't that bad if you have seen the first two more than once.

the plot wasnt there

...and since when is a female leader a ....King?!?!?

Ye gods!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2007, 11:29:51 AM »

did they still do the keith richards being jacks father idea or was that scrapped out of this?

html sucks
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2007, 12:07:57 PM »

did they still do the keith richards being jacks father idea or was that scrapped out of this?

Keith is still in it, that guy deserves a pirate movie of his own  hihi
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2007, 12:10:17 PM »

Nope it's still in there, and he does make a pretty good pirate, although it does just seem like its put in there for the sake of it as it doesnt actually make any difference ot the storyline or anything.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2007, 12:32:47 PM »

Nope it's still in there, and he does make a pretty good pirate, although it does just seem like its put in there for the sake of it as it doesnt actually make any difference ot the storyline or anything.

yeah but...its keith richards...it doesnt matter why hes in there, the fact he is in there is what matters Wink

html sucks
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2007, 02:03:03 PM »

why do they keep making these crappy movies ...... .... oh wait ...

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2007, 04:01:07 PM »

This film seemed to have little or nothing to do with what had actually gone before....

How so?  In Pirates 2, Jack was eaten by the kraken and the trading company had procured the heart of Davy Jones and, thus, the ability to control him.

In Pirates 3, they go to rescue Jack from the land of the dead, and the plot centers around the trading company's use of Davy Jones to war against piracy, thus leading to a plot wherein pirates must act in unison. 

Seems like a pretty straightforward continuation of Pirates 2, to me.

...and since when is a female leader a ....King?!?!?

That's a pretty trivial criticism, but I assume it's just for the sake of piling on the outrage. 
Anyway, I guess from what's been said here that the movie isn't for everyone.  I like the characters, the way they're both good and, because they're pirates, are constantly playing the angles and betraying each other, and the action sequences were strong.  If you like boring characters and super-predictable plots, they've dedicated three Spiderman movies to such endeavors.       

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2007, 11:01:45 PM »

It seems like most people have such an extreme view of this movie, either love it or hate it.  I loved the first one and hated the second one.  Now I can't decide if I should make the effort to escape from work to go see the third, and honestly, you guys aren't helping!  I'm curious, do those of you that have seen it think it's more like the first or the second movie? 

I believe that this was more like the 2nd movie.  I think this one had a darker tone again.  I felt this one was had more serious undertones then the first one had.  Relationships were more in focus and MUCH more complicated.

As in all of them, you were never really sure whose "side" Jack was on and/or how he was going to achieve his goals.  There was a little help, but I won't say cuz I can't make my text invisible and it might be a bit of a spoiler  Undecided

I will say, that I understood much more on a second viewing, then I did on the first.

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2007, 12:36:29 AM »

It seems like most people have such an extreme view of this movie, either love it or hate it.  I loved the first one and hated the second one.  Now I can't decide if I should make the effort to escape from work to go see the third, and honestly, you guys aren't helping!  I'm curious, do those of you that have seen it think it's more like the first or the second movie? 

There's lots of gags and jokes referencing the first film. Some old friends come back and there's a much better ending than the second one. The ending is more like the first one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: