Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:07:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  pirates of the caribbean: at world's end(Spoilers)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: pirates of the caribbean: at world's end(Spoilers)  (Read 10966 times)
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« on: May 22, 2007, 09:22:40 PM »

Just got back from the premiere of pirates of the caribbean 3, I was a big fan of the first two parts hence the reason I attended the premiere which started at 1 am but let me just say this is not a good movie.

It focuses way too much on the whole Will turner/elisabeth swann love story I found myself really wanting to fast forward through alot of scenes which were just to chlich? and boring. Not even Johnny depp could save this movie his acting was brilliant but he just didn't have enough scenes/witty lines.

I mean big epic sword fights and ship battles are cool but I think they've done enough of those in the first two parts.

The only good things about this movie are the special effects and Keith richards, that guy has to be the best pirate ever.

Don't think it's in theaters in the states yet but anyone else from Europe seen this movie yet?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 12:22:48 PM by Grouse » Logged
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 09:25:55 PM »

yeah i will check this out but i thought the second one was a HUGE dissapointment.

i loved the first, good fun and Depp is awesome.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 09:41:58 PM »

yeah i will check this out but i thought the second one was a HUGE dissapointment.

If you don't like part two than I can guarantee you that you won't like this one either . Since it's basically just an extended version of part two
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 10:07:36 PM »

If you don't like part two than I can guarantee you that you won't like this one either . Since it's basically just an extended version of part two

lol. that sucks man. the first was sooo cool and was a promising start to the series/trilogy.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 11:52:49 PM »

**Waits for Matrix reference**

Even tho I loved all 3 matrix Movies, 2 and 3 were better than 1 in my opinion.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 12:59:57 AM »

I enjoyed Reloaded, myself. The Matrix sequels were like the Wachowski's very flawed attempt at a Use Your Illusions. It went from a contained, concise movie with slightly esoteric intent... to a sprawling, epic phantasmagoria that, by its own finale, crushed itself under its own bulk and was ultimately deemed a failure, at least artistically.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 01:17:24 AM »

I enjoyed Reloaded, myself. The Matrix sequels were like the Wachowski's very flawed attempt at a Use Your Illusions. It went from a contained, concise movie with slightly esoteric intent... to a sprawling, epic phantasmagoria that, by its own finale, crushed itself under its own bulk and was ultimately deemed a failure, at least artistically.

That's a nice way to say it.  hihi

I think all sequels to successful movies have this basic problem, in that the temptation to go WAY over the top is just too appealing.  Every director thinks "Hey, I could have pulled off Godfather 2!"  Of course, most of them are wrong...

But I'll see it anyway.  I liked the second film, so this should please me, even if it is bloated.  Hell, even Bon Scott knew that a whole lotta Rosie can be fun, from time to time.  beer

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
badapple81
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 01:32:58 AM »

Enjoyed the first movie and switched off around half way through the second, I don't think I'll bother.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 01:38:09 AM »

I'm certainly not gonna be bothered to go opening weekend. Not this time. I haven't even caught Spidey3 yet (hopefully this week). These new front-loaded openings can go fuck themselves. Who's gonna top who next? It's a new fucking world record ever weekend. I remember when the first Spidey did $114 million and everyone almost shit themselves. But it played past $400 million. Now they open over $150 million and fall just as fast. They make it to DVD in three to fours months or less. The hell with that. I'll see it when the kids are on to the next thing later in June.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 03:00:27 PM »

a friend of mine saw it.. he didn't like it either..

2 biggest movies and sequels (spiderman and pirates) are big dissapointments.. suckie

wanna know something? i'm the only teenagerin the west world that haven't seen any of the pirates movies hihi
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 04:49:27 PM »

The first film rocked because of the script and the acting - so in true Brockheimer style, out go both to be replaced by cgi - cos thats what everyone wants right...right?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 09:46:08 PM »

Here's a map for confusing 'Pirates' sequel
By Tony Hicks

CONTRA COSTA TIMES
Article Launched: 05/24/2007 05:04:34 PM PDT

Still, I'll try lashing together a "Pirates" survival guide. I hope this will keep you from leaving the theater feeling suicidal for not completely following a Disney movie in which all the actors look like they're in Guns N' Roses.  hihi

http://www.contracostatimes.com/entertainment/ci_5979076

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 10:23:03 PM »

I have heard nothing but bad things about Pirates 3 so far.  I was a fan of the first one, second was okay...I'm going to go see this one tomorrow and check it out.  The Matrix movies definitely got worse.  The third one was so pretentiously crappish that I walked out of the theater on it.  The first one was a really great movie.  I have yet to see Spidey 3, but I was never a fan of that franchise when put to film. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 12:10:42 AM »

Just got off the phone with my brother and he said it was Amazing! said it was one of the best and I tend to usually agree with his opinions on movies, So U have to take into account the person reviewing it. 3 hours may have had a lot to do with people not liking it.

I think it will be awesome! Im gonna go Sunday.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 12:27:30 AM »

Just got off the phone with my brother and he said it was Amazing! said it was one of the best and I tend to usually agree with his opinions on movies, So U have to take into account the person reviewing it. 3 hours may have had a lot to do with people not liking it.

I think it will be awesome! Im gonna go Sunday.

Glad to hear a good review, finally.  I've loved the Pirates, since I was a kid on the ride at Disney World, and I ain't gonna stop now!  And it's a good weekend to see a movie!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 01:01:14 AM »

fuuuuck me, im watching the news and theres already lines for Pirates
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 03:42:05 AM »

Oh man, I loved every second. That movie kicked all sorts of ass  ok

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 05:02:59 AM »

Just got back.  I really liked the movie, the only negative is the length.  It didnt need to be that long. 
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 05:05:02 AM »

does it finish off like there is going to be a part 4 or this is the last movie?
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 05:29:11 AM »

It ends the trilogy, but leaves it open for more.  Ive heard Depp wants to come back.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: