Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:16:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy listing at BestBuy.com and other online stores
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy listing at BestBuy.com and other online stores  (Read 82607 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2007, 04:35:51 PM »

I think you are the only one that can answer the "How long should we wait?" question. 

I'll never understand some of these people...I;ve given up trying to use logic.  Some of you do understand the concept of art, no? 

Some artists have integrity, and some were hand-picked by people like Clive Davis in a feeble attempt to make money.  No integrity, no character, and no conscious.  It's real easy for me as an intellectual to be a fan of the artist with integrity, the ones who were whored out by a label....not really a fan of all that.

Sir, Get over yourself and shove your intellectual mind up your ass.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2007, 04:36:36 PM »

if you think GNR would be ANYTHING without fans

they would still be an amazing band,  or they wouldn't have had fans in the first place.   you are the one who chose them, not the other way around.  Did Axl Rose ever knock on your door or call your phone and ask you to buy his records and come to messageboards and bitch about everything he does while waiting for an album that may or may not ever come out?   He's said so himself if it never happens, you wont have missed a thing.

with that said, i do believe the day will come, but it wont be until its 100% ready.  who knows when.  but until then, its not worth getting worked up about.   
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2007, 11:13:16 AM »

I think you are the only one that can answer the "How long should we wait?" question.?

I'll never understand some of these people...I;ve given up trying to use logic.? Some of you do understand the concept of art, no??

Some artists have integrity, and some were hand-picked by people like Clive Davis in a feeble attempt to make money.? No integrity, no character, and no conscious.? It's real easy for me as an intellectual to be a fan of the artist with integrity, the ones who were whored out by a label....not really a fan of all that.

Fair enough. I guess what I have a problem with is the fact that so many Release Dates have come and gone (and don't give me that crap about there only being one official tentative release date - because Axl has said MANY times that it will be "out this year") and we still don't have it.
I've made my decision and that is that IF it does come out I will be downloading the entire album for free and burning it to CD for anyone who wants a copy. It's sad because if it had actually came out by the end of last year (or even this year) I would have bought multiple copies.
It's sad because unless we get a release date by the end of next month it won't be out this year either.
 Sad
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 11:14:58 AM by neon2002 » Logged

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2007, 12:19:09 PM »

It seems like every other week we get somebody posting a new release date they found on an online record store's web site.

Whatever HMV, Play.com, or anybody else selling cds claims, it's not true.

The truth is, there is no release date at this moment.

When there is one, you will know about it.

/jarmo

Jarmo isn't there always some listing of a season or something when it's coming out, I remember BTM slated for  nov 2004 or wahtever.. hihi

I will need to punch myself when I actually see a release date or the album on the shelf, I might take a picture
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2007, 09:26:15 AM »

It seems like every other week we get somebody posting a new release date they found on an online record store's web site.

Whatever HMV, Play.com, or anybody else selling cds claims, it's not true.

The truth is, there is no release date at this moment.

When there is one, you will know about it.

/jarmo

Jarmo isn't there always some listing of a season or something when it's coming out, I remember BTM slated for? nov 2004 or wahtever.. hihi

I will need to punch myself when I actually see a release date or the album on the shelf, I might take a picture

you may be waiting awile
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2007, 09:50:30 AM »

I know it counts for jack shit but Play.com now has the listed date as Feburary 2008

Shit I totally forgot what this thread was for? hihi . Most of it is bickering.

peace
Thank You! That was exactly what I was thinking..

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2007, 09:37:25 AM »

Well here's one that was in an article in the paper today:

Guns N' Roses -- Chinese Democracy

Ha! Not a chance. But we had you going for a second there, didn't we?

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/S/Springsteen_Bruce/2007/08/30/4458437-sun.html

Good to see that CD is still the Punch Line of jokes...
 no

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2007, 04:18:01 PM »

Has there been any news on a release date?   Grin
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2007, 07:38:38 PM »

Has there been any news on a release date?? ?Grin

Do you have one?
There is no official date yet. Period.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2007, 04:04:26 PM »

For what it's worth.... hihi

Chinese Democracy Put Back To 2008

Chinese Democracy, the long-awaited sixth studio album by Guns N' Roses, that has been in the making for the 13 years, could now be out early next year despite promises of definite release in 2007. Major online music retailers Play.com and HMV have now published a release date February 11 2008.

http://www.albumvote.co.uk/news/article/2308.htm

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2007, 04:06:43 PM »

Chinese Democracy, the long-awaited sixth studio album by Guns N' Roses, that has been in the making for the 13 years, could now be out early next year despite promises of definite release in 2007. Major online music retailers Play.com and HMV have now published a release date February 11 2008.

Here we go again...
 no

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2007, 04:59:16 PM »

Here we go again...
 no

what fucking surprise Shocked
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2007, 07:13:43 PM »

Here we go again...
 no

I'd actually view that as very good news if it does indeed come out EARLY next year.  Let's face it, the end of 2007 is near, I'd highly doubt they could get the album out this year.  I guess it's still possible but I just don't see it happening, but if it came out in Jan.-April, that'd be just fine with me.  But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2007, 07:41:44 PM »

Well, I've just ordered it from Amazon.co.uk. According to that site it's still due out on Monday  ok

We'll wait and see then...  Undecided

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2007, 07:54:25 PM »

Well, I've just ordered it from Amazon.co.uk. According to that site it's still due out on Monday  ok

We'll wait and see then...  Undecided

chinese democracy has probably sold a million copys already, over the last couple of years.  hihi
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2007, 11:37:13 PM »

Oh cool! Happy Valentines everybody!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2007, 06:52:41 PM »

Oh cool! Happy Valentines everybody!
Sweet, just in time for my birthday.  Happy birthday to ME!!!  Again, I'd be stoked if that was true, something tells me not to get my hopes up though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2007, 01:23:37 PM »

Here we go again...
 no

I'd actually view that as very good news if it does indeed come out EARLY next year.? Let's face it, the end of 2007 is near, I'd highly doubt they could get the album out this year.? I guess it's still possible but I just don't see it happening, but if it came out in Jan.-April, that'd be just fine with me.? But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Yeah in early 2006 it was gonna "definitly be out  in 2006" according to Axl via Rolling Stone

Then the tentative release date of march 2007 set by axl

now we're into 2008.......i think I've given up on this album after following it's progress since 1999
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2007, 02:40:26 PM »

http://idolator.com/tunes/guns-n.-roses/the-chinese-democracy-release+date-predictatron-lets-do-this-one-more-time-240085.php

no

*sigh*

ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2007, 02:58:45 PM »

Yeah, thanks! Just got the email from Amazon UK explaining of the changed release date...

Anybody else think the only date this deserves is April 1st?!!

Smiley

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: