Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 08:50:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  New VR single is getting practically no airplay around here..same near you??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New VR single is getting practically no airplay around here..same near you??  (Read 15371 times)
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2007, 06:50:00 AM »

I didn't really think releasing "Dirty Little Thing" was a mistake as a single though. By that time the album had sold what it was going to sell and had run its course anyway, and that seemed like a good choice.

I think its a great song, and one of the best on the album, but I also think that "Sucker Train Blues" or "You Got No Right" would have had a greater impact. 

I personally thought it was the best song on the album, a real rocker.

FWIW, i'm yet to hear the song playing in the UK anywhere.  No radio, not in any shops or anything.  Is it out over here yet? 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
GeraldFord
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2007, 07:45:02 AM »

Releasing YGNR after FTP would have been kinda lame though. Maybe STB would have been a better choice.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »

I haven't even heard it once yet, and it's been more than a week since it's come out.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
DemocracyRose
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2007, 02:57:55 PM »

Dont blame the radiostations for not playing the new single...

Cause its really not that good. Actually its some of the worst of VR and Contraband is waaaay better...

If they cant do better than this and I hope its the last we goona hear from them...

Judging from this post:

I have heard a few songs from Contraband.... This isnt that good... Weiland is not my type....
And why is all the songs been written by Weiland... That is a big dissapointment... and mistake by former GNR members. rant

They could have stayed with Axl, instead of being Weiland "studio-muscians" confused

This band probably isnt for you.? You didnt think the first record was good, and radio played its songs.? And are you implying that radio stations only play good singles?

Its clever that some of the people that clearly dislike this band posture as erstwhile fans in an effort to legitimize their current criticism.? Youre not fooling anybody, however.

Well, the first couple of times I heard Contraband it wasnt that good. But after listen to it a lot, it seems to be better. Now I think its a okay record but a little bit boring...

The new single from VR doesnt catch me and it sound like Contraband 2, just more boring. And I think its sad that Slash is a part of this. He can do better. Just my opinion. Smiley

With the Studio Muscians part, well I guess, I was going too far. Sorry. Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 04:48:40 PM by DemocracyRose » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2007, 11:22:15 AM »

SBQM moved up to #8 on the Mainstream Rock chart, but I don't see it anywhere on the Modern Rock chart yet...  Dirty Little Thing peaked at #8.  I'm not a huge fan of the song, but it's starting to get some spins.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2007, 05:14:25 AM »

I just caught the edited video on VH1.
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2007, 11:25:29 PM »

SBQM moved up to #8 on the Mainstream Rock chart, but I don't see it anywhere on the Modern Rock chart yet...? Dirty Little Thing peaked at #8.? I'm not a huge fan of the song, but it's starting to get some spins.

Thats pretty good if you think about it, its only been on the charts for 3 weeks and it moved up 4 positions since last week. At this rate it seems like it should move up a few more positions before getting close to its peak. Any one know if KROQ has got it yet? I tried to request it but it wasn't available. I hope they get it because they have a huge amount of listeners and they could get it a lot of attention.
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2007, 03:32:55 AM »

KROQ just added the sbqm to their playlist, i suggest we all request the hell out of it!
http://www.kroq-data.com/request/
noGnoG
Headliner

All we need is just a little patience

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2007, 05:47:15 AM »

So far I did not hear or see SQBM once... Maybe this will change when also the album is out.

June 09 '06 - Dublin, Ireland
June 24 '06 - Dessel, Belgium
July 02 '06 - Nijmegen, Holland
October 03 '10 - Arnhem, Holland
June 08 '12 - M?nchengladbach, Germany
GeraldFord
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2007, 06:15:41 AM »

Worst song on the album--bad idea to use as the first single.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2007, 08:02:27 AM »

I've heard it once, and it was at a friends house as I don't usually listen to the radio.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2007, 10:13:55 AM »

Thats pretty good if you think about it, its only been on the charts for 3 weeks and it moved up 4 positions since last week. At this rate it seems like it should move up a few more positions before getting close to its peak. Any one know if KROQ has got it yet? I tried to request it but it wasn't available. I hope they get it because they have a huge amount of listeners and they could get it a lot of attention.

Well it's at #6 on the Mainstream and #17 on the Modern rock charts now... It can still go higher, but I don't think it will come near the staying power Slither or Fall To Pieces had.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2007, 10:38:23 AM »

I don't think it will come near the staying power Slither or Fall To Pieces had.

These songs are rock radio staples.  I rarely listen to terrestrial radio and have heard each at least twice in the last week.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2007, 11:12:37 AM »

on the weekends i listen to 100.7 WZXL in south jersey. they play SBQM regularly.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2007, 09:05:02 PM »

It is in a 4 or 5 hour rotation on ZROCK103 Lexington Ky. Though I have yet to hear it on the other rock station here .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2007, 10:39:57 PM »

Still haven't heard it once on the radio in over a month since it's been out.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
mustaine
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2007, 10:44:54 PM »

Two radio stations (that I know of, could be more) here in Iceland play it, it's in heavy rotation and on the top 10 list on both stations. Actually on one of the two stations Better has also been in heavy rotation for a couple of weeks and is sitting in third place on the top 20 list but She Builds Quick Machines sits in fifth place.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:56:41 PM by mustaine » Logged
GeraldFord
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2007, 11:04:24 PM »

"Mary Mary" should have been the first single, then "The Last Fight" and then "Just 16."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 11:25:08 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2007, 08:05:12 PM »

"Mary Mary" should have been the first single, then "The Last Fight" and then "Just 16."

I think "Just Sixteen" shoulda been the lead single. Then "Get Out The Door" and then "The Last Fight". I think opening with a kick ass rocker like Just Sixteen mighta gotten them that buckcherry crazy bitch type of momentum. I think theres alot of people looking for straight up rockers. I know the formula is to follow up the first single with a ballad but I haven't seen that work out too well in the past few years. Again for example "Sorry" by Buckcherry (worst song on that album by far too) didn't do nearly as well as "Crazy Bitch". I think they woulda been much better off going with "So Far". I say if you got the rock to offer that no one else is servin up go with it.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2007, 08:10:10 PM »

Again for example "Sorry" by Buckcherry (worst song on that album by far too) didn't do nearly as well as "Crazy Bitch". I think they woulda been much better off going with "So Far"

Off topic, I don't want to derail the thread but actually Buckcherry's second single after Crazy Bitch was another straight ahead rocker, Next 2 You, which flopped relatively speaking and hurt the momentum of album sales.  The release of Everything kind of helped sales pick up a bit but if they'd had another big hit following Crazy Bitch they would've sold a lot more records.  I think if they had in fact released Sorry it would've been a big crossover hit
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: