Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 08:27:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  New VR single is getting practically no airplay around here..same near you??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New VR single is getting practically no airplay around here..same near you??  (Read 15341 times)
Lemmywinks
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 02:51:54 PM »

I don't listen to the radio that much but I heard it played for the first time yesterday.  Kind of a boring song though, maybe it will grow on me.  Horrible video too.  Hopefully the rest of the album is better than this stuff.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2007, 03:04:51 PM »

i heard it once...DJ seemed pretty keen on it Undecided

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2007, 05:14:57 PM »

I listen to radio 7 or 8 hours a night at work and I have not heard it yet , however they do play a lot GnR .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2007, 06:07:19 PM »

Hey i really love the new video...Any new video with the guys is awesome..at least there doing new things..LOL
I havent heard the song in Aus yet but i dont listen to the radio much..   I think the new video will be on Rage next week..Hopefully... peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 06:36:50 PM »

The song sucks.

Scott Weiland ruins everything.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 06:41:30 PM »

Is it true that MTV won't pass the videoclip because it shows guns and death people?

You really know who's Maradona!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2007, 08:35:49 AM »

theres a new VR single??? I havent heard it at all around here...im in NYC...it sucks....there are like no real rock stations around anymore besides a classic rock one.....im sure this VR album is going to be better than just about everything else out there and yet it gets no airplay....

this is too true Embarrassed  When Howard left KRock, all rock radio went downhill Cry
sandman
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 09:04:34 AM »

i've heard it a few times this week on 93.3 WMMR in philly. very good song. i was just so-so on it at first. but i really like it now.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 09:11:05 AM »

yeah i still havent heard it on the radio around here in NYC...im probably just missing it though....but its definitely not getting the airplay of linkin park or any of those other bands...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 12:48:47 PM »

its getting regular rotation now ok

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 01:23:21 PM »

According to the Billboard charts, it's reached #12 on the mainstream rock list.  So it must be getting played heavily, I don't really listen to radio anymore.  Still think it's a pretty weak offering, they should've used Just 16, but no matter what this song will be played heavily.  RCA will do whatever it takes to get it into heavy rotation
DemocracyRose
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2007, 02:18:17 PM »

Dont blame the radiostations for not playing the new single...

Cause its really not that good. Actually its some of the worst of VR and Contraband is waaaay better...

If they cant do better than this and I hope its the last we goona hear from them...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2007, 04:25:05 PM »

Dont blame the radiostations for not playing the new single...

Cause its really not that good. Actually its some of the worst of VR and Contraband is waaaay better...

If they cant do better than this and I hope its the last we goona hear from them...

Judging from this post:

I have heard a few songs from Contraband.... This isnt that good... Weiland is not my type....
And why is all the songs been written by Weiland... That is a big dissapointment... and mistake by former GNR members. rant

They could have stayed with Axl, instead of being Weiland "studio-muscians" confused

This band probably isnt for you.  You didnt think the first record was good, and radio played its songs.  And are you implying that radio stations only play good singles?

Its clever that some of the people that clearly dislike this band posture as erstwhile fans in an effort to legitimize their current criticism.  Youre not fooling anybody, however.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2007, 05:10:39 PM »

They could have stayed with Axl, instead of being Weiland "studio-muscians" confused

Honestly, I would like to see you back up such a claim...

You don't have a clue as to what a studio musician is...

Its clever that some of the people that clearly dislike this band posture as erstwhile fans in an effort to legitimize their current criticism. Youre not fooling anybody, however.

Agreed...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 05:13:30 PM by Grouse » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2007, 08:22:42 PM »

According to the Billboard charts, it's reached #12 on the mainstream rock list.  So it must be getting played heavily, I don't really listen to radio anymore.  Still think it's a pretty weak offering, they should've used Just 16, but no matter what this song will be played heavily.  RCA will do whatever it takes to get it into heavy rotation

Hey bud, is the song getting any play on KROQ or KLOS?
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2007, 10:54:46 PM »

Hey bud, is the song getting any play on KROQ or KLOS?

I dont think they have it yet, i went to request it on their website yesterday and it wasn't up with the rest of the VR songs...
GeraldFord
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2007, 03:01:20 AM »

Even if SBQM isn't the greatest offering from Slash/Weiland, it's still better than fucking Nickelback.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2007, 03:57:04 AM »

Even if SBQM isn't the greatest offering from Slash/Weiland, it's still better than fucking Nickelback.

I think the song rocks, plain and simple.  It has the same appeal to me that "Come On, Come In" had: a solid, grooving rock track.  It was probably a mistake to make it the first single, however, just as making "Dirty Little Thing" the third single for Contraband was.  "Just 16" might have been a more effective pick. 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 04:00:54 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
GeraldFord
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2007, 04:04:38 AM »

I like SBQM too.

Didn't care too much for "Come On, Come In" though, I thought that was bland.

I didn't really think releasing "Dirty Little Thing" was a mistake as a single though. By that time the album had sold what it was going to sell and had run its course anyway, and that seemed like a good choice.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2007, 05:05:35 AM »

I didn't really think releasing "Dirty Little Thing" was a mistake as a single though. By that time the album had sold what it was going to sell and had run its course anyway, and that seemed like a good choice.

I think its a great song, and one of the best on the album, but I also think that "Sucker Train Blues" or "You Got No Right" would have had a greater impact. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: