Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:25:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  slane castle 15yrs ago today
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: slane castle 15yrs ago today  (Read 3875 times)
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: May 16, 2007, 04:28:42 AM »

Wow hasn't time flown by. Shocked..What a day was had by all who can remember  beer

Hope lord henry books them for 2008....as a double header with ac/dc ok
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 04:30:34 AM »

One of my favorite shows from 1992 Cheesy You attended the festival back then, dub05? Front row? Wink

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
akaxl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 05:12:29 AM »

was only 10yrs old 15years ago but I knew that Slane was on, rumours are currently afloat on other forms that gnr will be supporting the Stones at Slane this year.  I know no more, anyone got an insider with Aiken/Ticketmaster promotions
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 05:44:56 AM »

Yep front row indeed ...as soon as Faith no More finished we headed down the front & if anyone can remember we built some of the highest human pyramids ever seen at any gig ever played  rofl rofl.....Never forget buying those 2ltr bottles of milk ..empyting them & refilling with Linden village to get into the gig.

Those indeed were the good auld days Smiley   
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 06:25:23 AM »

Yep front row indeed ...as soon as Faith no More finished we headed down the front & if anyone can remember we built some of the highest human pyramids ever seen at any gig ever played? rofl rofl.....Never forget buying those 2ltr bottles of milk ..empyting them & refilling with Linden village to get into the gig.

Those indeed were the good auld days Smiley? ?

Ah yes, no one could accuse us of not being able to make our own between band entertainment in those days.

Do you remember the frisbee war with the flattened, large coke cups?? Very colourful from a distance but not so fun if you were down in the thick of it.? Cheesy

If memory serves me correctly, I think that was the show where I bought the HTGTH thong!? ?Grin

EDIT:? Speaking of anniversaries, it was a year ago today that I was flying back home from the show at the Hammerstein having been blown away by the energy and chemistry that this current line up possesses.? It was the first time I'd heard Better too and loved it from that first time.? After being slightly disappointed with the 02 shows, I thought perhaps the magic had gone forever, but the 06 tour soon dispelled any doubts I had on that score.? Only minus point: no new GNR lingerie, so had to make do with a T-shirt.?? hihi

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:52:24 AM by cyllan » Logged

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 01:45:26 PM »

guns played at slane castle ...back in the days Huh
gally
Headliner

slane 92, leeds 02, dublin 06

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 02:06:32 PM »

i was there too, great day and the frisbees was nuts!!!!! anyone have any pics form that day!
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 02:53:51 PM »

i would only have been 6 then damn youth

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 06:48:31 PM »

I remember the Coke cups been flattened and flung everywhere that looked fucking deadly! The pyramids were class! There was a great atmosphere...they had extra garda called up to Slane...the papers were saying there could be trouble but everyone showed up and just had a fucking blast...even the cops themselves were fuckin really sound! It was a real scorcher of a day, I remember drinking Jack Daniels with a bunch of lads we met on the street...skulling it...I was 16, we thought we were deadly! I remember Slash wore a green tshirt, there was loads of fine looking rock chicks, I actually jumped a gate into a field to go for a piss on the way down to the gig and there was about ten girls arses all bending down pissing behind the hedge, fuckin hilarious. Slash came out after Paradise City finale to apologise for not introducing the horn section. I probably came home thinking I was Axl Rose...great day! Wish I had a camera then. Didnt have the digital cameras or internet readily available to us in 92
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:53:25 PM by gcluskey » Logged

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 03:47:35 AM »

Remember heading off from finglas with all the lads in a mini-bus about 8am.....however not everyone made it back that night beer

Have to say the ladies were red hot that day.....a sight to behold Shocked

Who knows we might yet be heading to glorious slane again.I would strongly recommend anyone to travel if indeed it goes ahead with the stones.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 05:17:34 AM »

cool that it?s actually people still holding the flag, after all theese years  ok Yeah..Slane, i was only 3  smoking

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 07:44:52 AM »

I would have been 6 months old at the time  nervous
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 05:08:54 PM »

I remember the Coke cups been flattened and flung everywhere that looked fucking deadly! The pyramids were class! There was a great atmosphere...they had extra garda called up to Slane...the papers were saying there could be trouble but everyone showed up and just had a fucking blast...even the cops themselves were fuckin really sound! It was a real scorcher of a day, I remember drinking Jack Daniels with a bunch of lads we met on the street...skulling it...I was 16, we thought we were deadly! I remember Slash wore a green tshirt, there was loads of fine looking rock chicks, I actually jumped a gate into a field to go for a piss on the way down to the gig and there was about ten girls arses all bending down pissing behind the hedge, fuckin hilarious. Slash came out after Paradise City finale to apologise for not introducing the horn section. I probably came home thinking I was Axl Rose...great day! Wish I had a camera then. Didnt have the digital cameras or internet readily available to us in 92

Yeah, you're right about the green shirt, even though he fervently denied wearing green on MTV later.  Grin  He also complained of the cold (even though, as you said, it'd been boiling hot!), and then congratulated Dublin for being the only town where he'd walked into the hotel only to find that everybody was drunk before he'd even started.   hihi

The whole band appeared in exceptionally high spirits that night - well, I say night but it was still daylight when they took to the stage - and when Axl was arranging the KOHD singalong, he began as usual, then said, "Ah I say the same shit everytime.  You know what to do..."  Of course, we did!

It was my first trip to Dublin and one I'll never forget.  I hope I get to see them at Slane again one day.   beer

Shoco
VIP

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 05:11:39 PM »

It was my first trip to Dublin and one I'll never forget.

Slanes not in Dublin  Wink
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 05:12:52 PM »

my Uncle, tried to go to Slane Castle, but couldn't make it cause he was working that weekend the show as on but he managed to go to Gateshead when he found out G'N'R were playin there

l've got the dvd of the show Wink

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 05:30:48 PM »

It was my first trip to Dublin and one I'll never forget.

Slanes not in Dublin  Wink

OK, I'm sorry, Shoco - slip of the keyboard.  But, as it happens, it was my first trip to Dublin, as well as Slane.  Cheesy

I flew into Dublin from Heathrow and got the bus to Slane; dossing down at the airport after the gig until the return flight on Sun.  And, determined as I was to taste the real guinness before I left, I found an airport bar open at around 7 am and had a pint for breakfast.   Set me up for the return flight a treat!   Grin

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 05:39:09 PM »

my Uncle, tried to go to Slane Castle, but couldn't make it cause he was working that weekend the show as on but he managed to go to Gateshead when he found out G'N'R were playin there

l've got the dvd of the show Wink

Ah, Gateshead - that evokes memories of Mr Rose in tiny black shorts and red shirt tied at the waist... 

I believe that Dizzy was introduced that evening as "Mr Always On Call - 24 hours".   Grin

budmaster
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 01:56:19 AM »

Gateshead!...what a scorcher of a day! great day & great night. Later that night i was walking home & Axl's limo pulled up at some lights so i walked over & looked through the window...he wasnt too happy about that...oh well. I think it was a few days before that that i saw them in Manchester as well, now that was a shit show Sad
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 03:10:11 AM »

I'm with you there brother!!! What a brilliant day. I had college exams on the Monday and I swore I woudln't get drunk. I ended up in a bar in Dunboyne (about 2 miles from the venue) with about 400 GNR fans drunk and excited as hell with an old man telling us he'd heard of GNR and that   Axl Rose could 'cut off your head with the back of his hand' he was such a bad ass!!

Slash came out and said he was freezing despite the sunshine  'cause he was 'an LA pussy'  hihi The cops were really nice, lots of them in plain clothes, I got searched a few times but that was cool, it made the girls think you were a bad ass and it got me some action!!! I was 18 and it was one of the best days of my life.

Axl was in brilliant humor, he sang some of U2's 'One' during the gig plus they came on in broad daylight, no big delays which was unusual  back then!! I still remember women commenting on how 'beautiful' Axl's hair was..there was lots of hooking up in the front rows, women were just so excited to be near the band they would get off with you just for the hell of it.

If there was a day I could return to over and over to re-live it is that one. I came home hungover and sun burned but totally happy. I lived near Guinness' Castle where the band were rumored to be hanging out, the excitement in my town and ariound Dublin was massive.

When I think of it, these guys made modern day 'stars' like Justin, Britney, Fall Out Boy, MyChemical.. etc just look like limp dicks... they were Rock Royalty and boy did they walk the walk and talk the talk!!
Happy times...
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 03:21:18 AM »

was only 10yrs old 15years ago but I knew that Slane was on, rumours are currently afloat on other forms that gnr will be supporting the Stones at Slane this year.? I know no more, anyone got an insider with Aiken/Ticketmaster promotions
guns please don't do that

I have never seen so many tree
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: