Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:17:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR cancel last 7 European dates
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR cancel last 7 European dates  (Read 30264 times)
Rupean
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2007, 06:45:44 AM »

"We did get a chance to say hello to all five, but we spent most of our time with SLASH. He said the seven European shows that were cancelled were cancelled due to the fact that when you figured in the travel expenses, they would not be money makers. He didn't know what they would be doing instead as they know they want to get to Japan, Australia and back to the US. It was good to see him and we are hoping they will tour the East Coast next time."

http://www.snakepit.org/news.html
badapple81
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2007, 07:00:22 AM »

Surely Slash and his people have enough business acumen to work out on advance whether shows would be profitable? It's not difficult to work out how the shows would fit in with the other gigs, schedule them with locations and logistics and get the costings right to plan a profitable show. I don't buy that they suddenly decided that they wouldnt make money off them. Had tickets gone on sale? Perhaps ticket sales were poor if so.. ?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2007, 07:34:03 AM »

VR cancels because the shows didn't sell

Source?

VR cancels because the shows didn't sell (That's what some fans say. ...)

Great journalism skill !   Roll Eyes

You should know that rumors are not often facts   Tongue

Slash confirmed that the shows weren't money makers, that's why they got cancelled...

What do you have to say now?

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2007, 07:52:25 AM »

VR cancels because the shows didn't sell

Source?

VR cancels because the shows didn't sell (That's what some fans say. ...)

Great journalism skill !? ?Roll Eyes

You should know that rumors are not often facts? ?Tongue

Slash confirmed that the shows weren't money makers, that's why they got cancelled...

What do you have to say now?

Well to me there's a difference between cancelling because tickets aren't selling, and cancelling because the band is not making enough money from the gigs to cover their travel expenses.

But like it was mentioned a few posts up, surely the band would have people looking into whether some shows are profitable or not before booking them in the first place.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2007, 07:55:58 AM »

This has got nothing to do with ticket sales, most of these we're festival dates...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 07:58:19 AM by Grouse » Logged
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2007, 08:01:45 AM »

I also find it interesting that Slash mentions about wanting to get to Australia and Japan in place of those cancelled dates, which would mean they'd be touring in the same countries at the same time GN'R is... Shocked

Maybe they could play off the press that GN'R get to help promote their own shows perhaps?

It's all very interesting ain't it...

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2007, 08:41:05 AM »

This has got nothing to do with ticket sales, most of these we're festival dates...

According to vr's site only 2 were festivals, one being Graspop. If they weren't getting enough money from paying Graspop then maybe they are not very much in demand. The other 5 shows were their own shows, and if tickets weren't selling then they wouldn't be getting as much money as they would if they were selling.
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2007, 09:02:53 AM »

According to vr's site only 2 were festivals, one being Graspop. If they weren't getting enough money from paying Graspop then maybe they are not very much in demand. The other 5 shows were their own shows, and if tickets weren't selling then they wouldn't be getting as much money as they would if they were selling.

June 22, 2007 Zaragoza Spain Feria De Zaragoza
June 29, 2007 Dublin Ireland Marley Park
July 2, 2007 Kristiansand Norway Quart Festival

These were the festivals if I'm not mistaken...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2007, 09:29:57 AM »

Those 2 are not festivals, the first one is a small venue from I've found on google, the second one was opening for the who. There was only 2 festivals like I said, Quart and Graspop. The rest were regular shows....
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2007, 09:42:44 AM »

Those 2 are not festivals, the first one is a small venue from I've found on google, the second one was opening for the who. There was only 2 festivals like I said, Quart and Graspop. The rest were regular shows....

I think the Spanish date was part of the Monsters of Rock festival.  According to admin on the VR forum, of the 7 cancelled shows, 3 were festivals, 3 were their own shows, and the remaining one was supporting The Who.

By my reckoning that makes 4 shows where fans are unable to get a refund on their tickets.

Less than 2 weeks ago, the admin on the VR forum also confirmed that the dates were cancelled because of the need to do promotional work for the album.  And yet now Slash is telling a different story...

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2007, 02:10:44 PM »

Less than 2 weeks ago, the admin on the VR forum also confirmed that the dates were cancelled because of the need to do promotional work for the album.  And yet now Slash is telling a different story...

Well, guess who's right...

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2007, 02:44:23 PM »

Yeah, I expect there'll be some kind of backtracking comment from him shortly when he realises that he's contradicted his band's official line on this.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2007, 02:53:49 PM »

Yeah, I expect there'll be some kind of backtracking comment from him shortly when he realises that he's contradicted his band's official line on this.

Still, he told the truth to a few fans.

Unlucky him, it was posted on the internet...

Rupean
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2007, 05:00:46 PM »

Less than 2 weeks ago, the admin on the VR forum also confirmed that the dates were cancelled because of the need to do promotional work for the album.? And yet now Slash is telling a different story...

Actually, he told it to Slash's Official Fan Site webmaster so he wanted everybody to know the real reason why they had to cancel the shows; it wouldn't look very nice if that was the official version, anyway seems like he was honest to the fans.
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2007, 05:08:48 PM »

I think the Spanish date was part of the Monsters of Rock festival.? According to admin on the VR forum, of the 7 cancelled shows, 3 were festivals, 3 were their own shows, and the remaining one was supporting The Who.

That's correct...

How is that unlucky?, I'd rather have him speaking the truth than have him defending the record company's decisions...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2007, 05:16:52 PM »

I think the Spanish date was part of the Monsters of Rock festival.  According to admin on the VR forum, of the 7 cancelled shows, 3 were festivals, 3 were their own shows, and the remaining one was supporting The Who.

That's correct...

How is that unlucky?, I'd rather have him speaking the truth than have him defending the record company's decisions...

Unlucky cause that was not the "official" excuse.

badapple81
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2007, 06:10:56 AM »

Caught out. If this was you know who... oooh the backlash!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2007, 10:14:10 AM »

"We did get a chance to say hello to all five, but we spent most of our time with SLASH. He said the seven European shows that were cancelled were cancelled due to the fact that when you figured in the travel expenses, they would not be money makers. He didn't know what they would be doing instead as they know they want to get to Japan, Australia and back to the US. It was good to see him and we are hoping they will tour the East Coast next time."

http://www.snakepit.org/news.html

does this means they ain?t rescheduling the shows?? ok... I think I?m gonna  Cry

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2007, 06:17:54 PM »

Official reason, "scheduling conflicts".

Slash says the shows were "not money makers".

Does this mean their fans aren't important like they "officially" claim?  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2007, 09:17:47 AM »

Official reason, "scheduling conflicts".

Slash says the shows were "not money makers".

Does this mean their fans aren't important like they "officially" claim?  Tongue

/jarmo

lol stop being mean jarmo... u just make me feel worse  Sad

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: