Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:21:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR cancel last 7 European dates
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR cancel last 7 European dates  (Read 30293 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2007, 11:48:56 PM »

My only point is, whenever Guns cancels a show the thread is 10 pages long filled with every insult in the book about Axl.? ?

How many dates has GNR booked/played/cancelled?

How many dates has VR booked/played/cancelled?

Im not sure of the numbers, but Im fairly certain that the ratios a bit different.? And therein lies your answer.
Isn't this the second time VR has scheduled and cancelled dates in Europe?  At least that's what I've read.  They may be behind, but they're catching up.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2007, 11:55:04 PM »

My only point is, whenever Guns cancels a show the thread is 10 pages long filled with every insult in the book about Axl.? ?

How many dates has GNR booked/played/cancelled?

How many dates has VR booked/played/cancelled?

Im not sure of the numbers, but Im fairly certain that the ratios a bit different.? And therein lies your answer.
Plus, if we just go from the 2006 version of GNR, they've cancelled 10 shows in 06/07.  That's 10 to 7, pretty darn close if you ask me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2007, 12:02:31 AM »

def sucks for fans who planned to attend these shows... but like faldor said...the track records are much different

and when shit starts getting cancelled for the current GnR, then past has shown us that bad things sometimes happen....and we dont want to see gnr go away for an extended period again...once, just once, i'd personally like things to go off without a hitch for a GnR tour Undecided

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2007, 12:03:52 AM »

Plus, if we just go from the 2006 version of GNR, they've cancelled 10 shows in 06/07.  That's 10 to 7, pretty darn close if you ask me.

Yes, and if GNR only cancelled 10 shows, perhaps the criticism wouldnt be the same.

Would you like to discuss a more honest comparison?  How many cancellations has the new GNR had?  How many has VR had?

Edit: I did some cursory checking, and I might be off, but since 2001, GNR has played about 105 shows.  Theyve cancelled about 42.  Theyve reschedueled eight (Im not sure what the difference between a rescheduling and a cancellation is).  Two were cancelled at the venue.  Two-and-a-half entire tour legs were scrapped.  One very high-profile comeback performance was cancelled.

A quick check on VRs dates shows about 210 (I tried to omit TV appearences, but Im not sure I eliminated them all) played shows.  Im not certain how many dates were cancelled, but including the recent European ones, Im doubtful it exceeds 20.  Feel free to correct me.

So VR has performed about double, and cancelled almost half, of the shows GNR has played.  Theyve done this in less than four years; GNR within six.  Do you think that explains why the reaction to their cancellations might be different?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 12:55:49 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2007, 12:50:35 AM »

Its different when VR cancel their last shows of a tour because there's an album in the printing presses and on its way, compared to the new GNR (I'm still gonna call them that until they put out an album) which canceled shows on the premise of a false album date (March 6th).  ok

Im sure VR will make it up to the fans. Didn't they tour behind Contraband for a year after the record came out?
They'll make it back...but gotta feel bad for fans that lost out on the rock n' roll happy time. They should get a refund..

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2007, 12:57:55 AM »

You, Booker, Mikkamakka, Naupis and Genesis obviously haven't. The little clique of "GN'R fans" who love nothing more than to put down the band for their "shitty business" (among other things) because they refuse to do things your fucking way.

So basically, nobody is allowed to say anything negative about the band, at all? No criticism whatever? Just accept whatever they do or say. Is that it?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 01:07:46 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »

You, Booker, Mikkamakka, Naupis and Genesis obviously haven't. The little clique of "GN'R fans" who love nothing more than to put down the band for their "shitty business" (among other things) because they refuse to do things your fucking way.

So basically, nobody is allowed to say anything negative about the band, at all? No criticism whatever? Just accept whatever they do or say. Is that it?

some of you guys, thats ALL you do is say negative bullshit.   Some of you aren't even fans of the band now.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2007, 01:23:52 AM »

some of you guys, thats ALL you do is say negative bullshit. Some of you aren't even fans of the band now.

That's your opinion. Most of the 'negative bullshit' that you claim about is only in response to certain posts in this section.

Fuck 'Em All.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2007, 02:58:31 AM »

I don't need to give you examples.

Anybody who has paid attention over the years know what I'm talking about.

Enough is enough. Please show me the quotes from 2007 in which I 'put down the band (i.e. GN'R) for their shitty business'. Do a fuckin' search.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2007, 05:25:54 AM »

Just a sidenote for the people who know me: I am a huge GN'R fan and I like some stuff from VR too.

I hope that they will play the cancelled gigs sometime in the distant future, because there are a lot of fans trying to get some good music. It is always a pain when the band you wanted to see isn't coming to the gig you have bought tickets for. It's really sad. And I understand the people who are really disappointed.
I was looking forward to listening to Libertad but got somehow shocked to hear "SBQM". It was too much "Contraband" for me and I still look at Contraband as an average record. But it was their 1st record and I didn't expect a masterpiece right from the start. But I have my copy. peace Reading the review of one of the gigs where it is written that SBQM was the weakest song made me more optimistic for Libertad. I hope that it will sound great.

I think an official message from the band why these shows were cancelled would be very good for the VR-fan base.

Maybe some of my thoughts are strange to some 100% VR fans (Contraband is average and stuff like that) but althoguh I am a die-hard GN'R fan I listened to Contraband with a special neutrality to avoid comparing VR stuff to GN'R stuff. And it worked. I still have to get used to Scott's voice and to some songs. And ... "Spectacle" is by far my favourite from Contraband. If they would come to a town in my area I would give them a go and attend the show, not because of Slash or Duff or Matt or Dave or Scott, just because of the music. And that's what counts most: the music!!!

There is no need to bash me here Lips Sealed
(only joking!)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2007, 05:58:15 PM »

Yes, and if GNR only cancelled 10 shows, perhaps the criticism wouldnt be the same.

You know how you guys keep saying "apples and oranges"?

Since you're going back to 2001 to compare the bands, why not start including Snakepit, Loaded and STP dates into the math as well?

Anything to try to make GN'R look bad.....  Roll Eyes

This year GN'R canceled a handful of shows to finish the recording of the album, then two were cancelled due to Tommy's injury. Both were explained by the band.

VR cancels because the shows didn't sell (That's what some fans say. For example, apparently the Paris venue was too big.) and/or they need to be promoting an album their record company pushed back to July so it would sell more with less competition. I got no problem with that, it's part of the business. VR hasn't said a word as far as I know.

Enough is enough. Please show me the quotes from 2007 in which I 'put down the band (i.e. GN'R) for their shitty business'. Do a fuckin' search.

One of you did.

You on the other hand are a fan of something that doesn't exist..... Yet you come to a site dedicated to something that does exist and act like you're some kind of good guy.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 06:18:02 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2007, 01:03:10 AM »

Look Booker, my last post about this topic.

Im not surprised at all by this response, but I somehow I doubt it.

Im glad you changed your mind.

You know how you guys keep saying "apples and oranges"?

Maybe you should be specific, because it seems none of these statements youre making apply to me.

Since you're going back to 2001 to compare the bands, why not start including Snakepit, Loaded and STP dates into the math as well?

Because were talking about VR, not those other bands.  Yes, the new GNR has been playing together for at least two more years than VR.  Does the fact that VR still played double the shows help your point?

Anything to try to make GN'R look bad.....  Roll Eyes

Wrong.  Facts are facts.  If I stated something that was inaccurate, please correct me. 

Im not criticizing GNR for it.  I understand that cancellations happen.  Its happens on an extraordinary level with that band, unfortunately, but Im still not criticizing it.  It could very well be bad luck.  Since some people are confused, Im simply explaining why the reaction is different when each band cancels a show - why VR is generally afforded more slack.

This year GN'R canceled a handful of shows to finish the recording of the album, then two were cancelled due to Tommy's injury. Both were explained by the band.

Youre right.  I dont think I suggested otherwise.

VR cancels because the shows didn't sell

Source?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:08:08 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
randy marsh
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2007, 03:33:43 AM »

June 16, 2007 Seinajoki Finland Provinsll Rockfest ON SALE Closed Closed
June 17, 2007 Biddinghuizen Holland Fields of Rock ON SALE Closed Closed
June 20, 2007 Lisbon Portugal Collseum CANCELLED  CANCELLED  CANCELLED 

wow that was pretty close.. I'm going to Provinssirock just to see Velvet Revolver (lol "Provinsll Rockfest" typo  Grin" why are the names of Finnish venues always written wrong I think I've never seen Hartwall Areena on t-shirts, it's always hartwell arena YOU FUCKERS!  Grin

I wanted the best.. well they didn't fuckin' make it.. so here's what I get:

-----
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2007, 12:04:31 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER: North American Tour Dates Announced - Mar. 24, 2007
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=69286

Velvet Revolver Sets July Date For 'Libertad'
April 17, 2007, 2:55 PM ET
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003572634

VELVET REVOLVER: New Single Available For Download; Band Cancels European Dates - May 17, 2007
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=72776

May 21st, 2007

European Tour Dates After June 17th Cancelled

Velvet Revolver?s scheduled European tour dates after June 17th have been cancelled due to scheduling conflicts. Be sure to check back for updates

http://www.velvetrevolver.com/

Something to think about for all of those who question things.

They knew the album's July release date about five weeks before they "postponed" the shows.

I guess it took them five weeks to find other things to do instead of touring Europe.

And Booker, I meant it was my last post in the topic of "Booker's adventures on the board".  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:09:30 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2007, 12:58:41 PM »

VR cancels because the shows didn't sell (That's what some fans say. ...)

Great journalism skill !   Roll Eyes

You should know that rumors are not often facts   Tongue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2007, 01:04:10 PM »

VR cancels because the shows didn't sell (That's what some fans say. ...)

Great journalism skill !   Roll Eyes

You should know that rumors are not often facts   Tongue

Considering they waited all that time before postponing the shows, it's possible some shows didn't sell as well as they hoped.

Now they can come back after the album is released.....

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2007, 01:31:39 PM »

So after these cancelled dates they only have 2 shows scheduled?

The August 5th Baltimore, Maryland V Festival at Pimlico Park and the August 8th Sturgis, South Dakota show (which is not on their schedule).

« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:33:54 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2007, 01:39:24 PM »

they will prolly announce the full US tour with Alice In Chains ok

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2007, 04:23:42 PM »

well... kinda of an update from velvet revolver.com:

European Tour Dates After June 17th Cancelled

Velvet Revolver?s scheduled European tour dates after June 17th have been cancelled due to scheduling conflicts. Be sure to check back for updates.

This entry was posted on Monday, May 21st, 2007

they could give us a little bit of information I think... at least some new one.  Roll Eyes

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Smokey
Headliner

« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2007, 02:14:11 PM »

No Irish gig? Thats fucked.. Lucky I didnt get my ticket last week when I was gona, thak god for spider-man 3......

Maybe theyll come back and do there own gig instead of supporting and then have a longer set..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: