Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 05:27:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  possible axl interview on talking metal?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: possible axl interview on talking metal?  (Read 10529 times)
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2007, 01:26:47 PM »

Does your name hint one of unknown songs, lucs?

Like the whole Slash/Beta midnight visit thing.? To hear Axl tell the story, he spoke with Slash.? But after getting Beta's clarification, we find out that he never talked to Slash.? He worded his statement in a way to give people that impression.? If accuracy and clarity was an issue for Axl, then his initial comments on the matter would have been more like this... "Slash tried to come talk to me, but I sent Beta, my personal assistant, out to deal with him.? She told me that Slash said..."

we? You and several of others.
to most people the description in the legal press release was enough. It never said they talked to each other directly.

Only those who wanted to believe otherwise read something that wasn't said. typical.

But can you recognize the cycle it creates -- Axl comes out with his intentionally ambiguous statemnt about the event.

Then Slash comes out with his -- which is equally inconclusive.

Because they're both trying to play retarded word games, it creates a debate among the fans. ?Some people like Axl more and use it as an opportunity to call Slash a liar and a dirty, manipulative schemer. ?Some people like Slash more and use it as amo against Axl.

If these guys would just be HONEST and OPEN about their careers and their music, there'd be a whole lot less rumor and speculation. ?

That's just my feelings on it though. ?These guys have awful, retarded PR and they intentionally try to mislead people to frame themselves better. ?They have every right to do it. ?But when that leads to speculation, I don't have a lot of sympathy for them.

Normal bands give interviews and talk to their fans.? Normal bands don't baracade themselves away in a mansion for a decade, paralyzed with paranoia about everything from the media, to former bandmates, to their fuckin' fans.? It's crazy business. ?

Result = normal bands have to live with a lot less shit than Axl does.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 01:53:42 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2007, 01:44:49 PM »

It's still suggestive, something the camp is very good at.

They released and worded that statement with very conscious intent.

For what?
If anything I'd imagine axl didn't want to mention beta there in case there should be some people stupid enough to bitch about her.
you read wrong meanings into it. that's all.
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2007, 01:45:44 PM »

? It's crazy business. ?

Guns N Roses is and has always been crazy business. Americans can't never realise that Axl & boys don't do this for money. They don't calculate their careers with dollarbills in their eyes. They do (and have always done, ever since 1985) what they feel like.

Yes, I personally am very frustrated with waiting and yes, my friends start laughing at me when they hear "This is The Year". But I'm not bitching at internet cause of that. What good would it do ?

There are lots of easier bands around, like Fall out boy or Take That. They act like they're supposed to. Try them.

MotherGoose, this is not aimed personally to you, it's for every one who first whines for an interview or? statement, and when that happens, cries why Axl said THAT and didn't say THIS.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2007, 01:49:38 PM »

It's still suggestive, something the camp is very good at.

They released and worded that statement with very conscious intent.

For what?
If anything I'd imagine axl didn't want to mention beta there in case there were some people stupid enough to bitch about her.
you read wrong meanings into it. that's all.

We don't know the details so any motivation on his/their side is speculation at best.

But do you really think that statement came out of nowhere? No agendas, no nothing?

And yeah, I read 'wrong' meanings into it at the time, like everybody else. Wonder why.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2007, 01:49:47 PM »

? It's crazy business. ?

Americans can't never realise that Axl & boys don't do this for money.

By Americans you mean a majority of the planet right ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
bigblue88112
Headliner

"All the way from California" -- 11/10/2006

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2007, 01:51:56 PM »

I could care less if Axl would talk about CD or what club he was at last night.  Just make it happen!  drool

Democracy is coming:  November 23, 2008

"Then again, this is Guns N' Roses, where the laws of physics do not apply."
--Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2007, 01:56:44 PM »

amen to bigblue.

@ Jaakko ggood shout, thanks. you saved my time. Tongue
some americans can realise that, I think. and many non americans can't either.

We don't know the details so any motivation on his/their side is speculation at best.

But do you really think that statement came out of nowhere? No agendas, no nothing?

And yeah, I read 'wrong' meanings into it at the time, like everybody else. Wonder why.

Again. It wasn't everybody. I wonder why you like to think everyone is the same.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 02:02:59 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2007, 02:01:53 PM »

By Americans you mean a majority of the planet right ?

Well, no. By Americans I mean the people of USA. People who calculate here how Axl should do so he could make the most income of his products. People who try to figure how Axl could pay record company back that legendary 15 million dollars. People who care more of marketing than band itself.

Back to topic, It would be cool to hear again Axl's thoughts !
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2007, 02:03:34 PM »

amen to bigblue.

Again. It wasn't everybody. I wonder why you like to think everyone is the same.

'Most' then. I remember the thread, I actually read it again not long ago. The mood was very clear.

But of course it wasn't crystal clear due to the ambiguity of the statement.

I'd still like to know your take on why they released it.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2007, 02:15:51 PM »

'Most' then. I remember the thread, I actually read it again not long ago. The mood was very clear.

But of course it wasn't crystal clear due to the ambiguity of the statement.

I'd still like to know your take on why they released it.

which would be speculation at the best.

because they counterclaimed and the original claims were already known.

Lets move on from off topic. Wink you want to hear some new interview don't you?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 02:18:04 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2007, 02:28:26 PM »

Does your name hint one of unknown songs, lucs?

Like the whole Slash/Beta midnight visit thing.  To hear Axl tell the story, he spoke with Slash.  But after getting Beta's clarification, we find out that he never talked to Slash.  He worded his statement in a way to give people that impression.  If accuracy and clarity was an issue for Axl, then his initial comments on the matter would have been more like this... "Slash tried to come talk to me, but I sent Beta, my personal assistant, out to deal with him.  She told me that Slash said..."

we? You and several of others.
to most people the description in the legal press release was enough. It never said they talked to each other directly.

Only those who wanted to believe otherwise read something that wasn't said. typical.

But can you recognize the cycle it creates -- Axl comes out with his intentionally ambiguous statemnt about the event.

Then Slash comes out with his -- which is equally inconclusive.

Because they're both trying to play retarded word games, it creates a debate among the fans.  Some people like Axl more and use it as an opportunity to call Slash a liar and a dirty, manipulative schemer.  Some people like Slash more and use it as amo against Axl.

If these guys would just be HONEST and OPEN about their careers and their music, there'd be a whole lot less rumor and speculation. 

That's just my feelings on it though.  These guys have awful, retarded PR and they intentionally try to mislead people to frame themselves better.  They have every right to do it.  But when that leads to speculation, I don't have a lot of sympathy for them.

Normal bands give interviews and talk to their fans.  Normal bands don't baracade themselves away in a mansion for a decade, paralyzed with paranoia about everything from the media, to former bandmates, to their fuckin' fans.  It's crazy business. 

There's a real easy solution to the problem of overanalyzing what Axl says:  just don't.  Take what he says at face value and don't read into it more than is there and don't jump to conclusions.  The problem is reading into what he says beyond what is written, then getting pissed off when your assumption of what is being said "between the lines" doesn't come to pass.  Just don't even head down that speculative path and there will be no frustration at the end.

Ali
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2007, 02:35:14 PM »

^^

Yeah, that's one way to handle confusing, intentionall ambiguous, miseading statements.

Here's another way to handle them -- Axl could just quit making them.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2007, 09:57:40 PM »

I would ask him if the reason CD hasnt been released yet is because he reads threads like this and gets such a bad headache that he needs to just go lay down for awhile.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2007, 10:32:33 PM »

So he'd better shut up then, bet he hasn't thought of that before

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2007, 10:42:38 PM »

^^

Yeah, that's one way to handle confusing, intentionall ambiguous, miseading statements.

He tried that for a while.  Didn't seem to stop the speculation
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »

^^

He tried that for a while.  Didn't seem to stop the speculation

True dat!!!
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2007, 04:27:18 PM »

^^

He tried that for a while.? Didn't seem to stop the speculation

Or

True dat!!!

Or he could act like he is in a band, write some songs, and put out a record?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2007, 05:02:37 PM »

no act but actually he is in a band, has written songs and is putting out a record. I haven't heard otherwise.

To the people who think he should shut up?...
please do us a favour and don't listen to/read his interview if there is any before...you have the thing you've been waiting for in your hands, perhaps.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2007, 08:46:53 PM »

no act but actually he is in a band, has written songs and is putting out a record. I haven't heard otherwise.

To the people who think he should shut up?...
please do us a favour and don't listen to/read his interview if there is any before...you have the thing you've been waiting for in your hands, perhaps.

I hope you are right, but we have been hearing about a new record since the real gnr broke up, and as of today, still nothing. Not slamming you, or axl, just stating facts.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2007, 11:49:54 PM »

lookz like the natives are gettin restless again.is it mutiny now?against axl and what's not being said.oooohhhh myyyy wev'e been here before.lookz like i need another beer to deal with this.shame that is.

the one an only horsey !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: