Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:25:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver 102.1 Toronto CD Listening Party
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver 102.1 Toronto CD Listening Party  (Read 5848 times)
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« on: May 12, 2007, 09:16:07 AM »

The Edge 102.1 Libertad Listening Party

From The Edge 102.1: VR will be in our studio at 228 Yonge St. this Sunday May 13th at 2pm for an exclusive interview and CD listening party for their new album Libertad! Be listening every hour starting on Friday at 7am to Saturday at midnight to win tickets to sit in on this exclusive Edge event! CD Listening Party starts at 1pm; Interview starts at 2pm.

http://www.edge.ca/

Oh my goodness!  I must have a horse shoe somewhere on my body... cos I won a ticket to attend.  I am super, super excited!!!!  Can't wait to see the boys again!!! Smiley

Anyone else here going to this??
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 09:24:46 AM »

Very cool.

If you get the opportunity, try to ask what will become of the songs that were seemingly scrapped ("Messages," etc.).
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 11:04:20 AM »

So the album is going to be played in full on the radio nearly two months before its released? Huh

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 11:06:37 AM »

So the album is going to be played in full on the radio nearly two months before its released? Huh

No, the listening party wont be broadcast.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 11:25:57 AM »

Ah ok, now I understand.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 11:46:05 AM »

Awesome! Have fun, and make sure to come back and give us a review of the album. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 02:41:30 PM »

VR will be on in about 15/20 min...

hehe they're already late...
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 03:15:29 PM »

Gd they're takin there time  hihi

EDIT: "Matter of moments, car on it's way now"  Roll Eyes
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 03:22:09 PM »

yeah tell me about it, I've been forced to listen to shitty music for almost an hour now...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 03:59:06 PM »

The interviewer is a fucking dumbass.
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 04:21:14 PM »

I recorded the interview, it will be up in a couple of minutes...

Edit: here's the interview http://rapidshare.com/files/31145200/VRinterview.mp3.html
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 04:43:27 PM by Grouse » Logged
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 05:47:05 PM »

Thanks man.  Downloading now...... yes

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 06:06:24 PM »

Thanks man.? Downloading now...... yes

You're welcome  Smiley

Pretty much a standard interview although the cowbell part did crack me up  hihi
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 06:28:23 PM »

Hey sweet interview. 

-  So the the Alice in Chains tour of the U.S. and possibly Canada is a definite.  That's great to know. 

-   Interviews with only Matt, Slash, and Duff. 

-   Slash doesn't talk for the first few minutes cuz he's waking up and drinking coffee.  And then he finally starts talking and sounds like the morning frog.  Someone asked Slash about his '95 Snakepit Tour (I think Matt) and Duff cuts in saying "it doesn't count because he doesn't remember!"   

Kinda bummmed they didn't play any new material but the record label guys told the Radio DJ they couldn't play anything off the new album.  The single and video will be out May 22 it sounds like.  I don't know about you guys but I'm getting excited about this album. 

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 07:11:35 PM »

Hey sweet interview. 

-  So the the Alice in Chains tour of the U.S. and possibly Canada is a definite.  That's great to know. 

-   Interviews with only Matt, Slash, and Duff. 

-   Slash doesn't talk for the first few minutes cuz he's waking up and drinking coffee.  And then he finally starts talking and sounds like the morning frog.  Someone asked Slash about his '95 Snakepit Tour (I think Matt) and Duff cuts in saying "it doesn't count because he doesn't remember!"   

Kinda bummmed they didn't play any new material but the record label guys told the Radio DJ they couldn't play anything off the new album.  The single and video will be out May 22 it sounds like.  I don't know about you guys but I'm getting excited about this album. 

a listening party....without the album to listen to, thats a new one haha!

html sucks
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 07:22:11 PM »

a listening party....without the album to listen to, thats a new one haha!

lol he was talking about the interview not the listening party  Wink
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 07:48:25 PM »

I think people who were in the studio were able to listen to the album, it just wasn't aired over the radio.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
nightrain_st
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 01:46:33 PM »

yeah, people on the studio did hear the album, here's a review:

A hoy hoy gang, not long back from the private listening and interview. The cd is amazing, however there is no "Messages". The songs are killer, and I mean killer. There were a couple in the middle that didn't blow me away but still it was my first listen. I think one was "Mary mary, I'm not to sure what teh other was. "She's Mine" kicks ass, I can't that song out of my head. And guys " "Last fight", wow is all I can say. There a lot of harmonies on this cd, and talk about groove.

there are alot of solos. Scott singing is great, and matt drumming is amazing, that was something al ot of people noticed.   Slash wnated the DJ to play  Let It Roll a couple of times but they said he couldn't and Slash was like why? I talked to Slash momentarly, he wasn't drunk by the way. I asked him where Dave was and Slash said, "Funny story" he forgot his passport and thus the boys were late crossing the border. That explains where they kinda like Zombie at times.  I was front and centre, got some really good pics and Matt's autograph. Rocco was there and he was filming the event for a vlog.

I'm still a little bitter b/c the guys were suppose to be there at 2, they didn't show until 3:45. Appearently they were waiting on Scott but he still didn't show, so we basically waiting for nothing. I'll write more later b/c my back is killing me from standing so I'm going to go drink some beer and relax in my friends hottub b/f I go to the show.

Now for the cd. First off the production, I found some of the songs sounded a bit polished but not muddy, if that makes any sense. One thing for sure is that I found you could each member playing. This cd definitely rocks. Slash was correct in saying that " Let it Roll" was one of more aggressive songs on the cd, but don't let that delude you, this cd is full of rockers. In fact I don't know if you heard Slash say but that song almost didn't make it onto the cd. It was one of the last one they decided on.

We weren't given a song list or anything so I'm just going on what songs I know and the lyrics. I know they did play 12 songs, but like I said before "Messages" was not there. That was the only song I didn't hear from the Vlogs, the rest were there such as " Get Out The Door", and " The Last Fight".

There are 2 slower songs if memory serves me correct, "The last fight" and "Grave Dancer". Both songs are great, but guys "The Last Fight" is so amazing, even the band said last night it was one of favorites songs on the album.

I also noticed that some of the songs are extremely "danceable", by that I mean groove. Matt really delivers on this cd, he changed up his beats a lot for this cd. " The single" She builds Quick Machines" is awesome on the cd, the bootleg versions does not do this song justice.

The track "Demon, Pills ect" is not the cd either. The song "For a Brother" is a medium pace rocker, which kinda of suprised me.

The ELO cover "Can?t Get You Out Of My Head" is good, very different that the orginal and like the guys said it was the only song they recorded using acoustic guitars, which was something I was hoping to hear more of.

That's all I can remember as of now, I'm sure I'll remember something later. People won't be disapointed with this cd, it's going to be a monster of cd when it hits. I wish I could tell more but it was only played once, and they played "Let It Roll" again as we were leaving.

Oh and if you're ever in Toronto and you wanna have a good time go see " Evil Dead" the musical. Not that has anything to do with VR but go see it if you can.

Later,

Blair

DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 01:53:40 PM »

Hey Nightrain_st, I was about to post my review but you beat me to it.  Too funny.

Anyhoo guys the album is frikin' amazing, I was front and centre for the interview, I'll post some pics later. The guys really delivered on this one, can't wait for July.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 02:25:49 PM »

A 23-minute audio interview with VELVET REVOLVER members Duff McKagan (bass), Matt Sorum (drums) and Slash (guitar), conducted yesterday (Sunday, May 13) at the studios of the Edge 102.1 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, has been made available for download at this location. They speak about the new album, touring plans with ALICE IN CHAINS and the band having two songs ("She Builds Quick Machines" / "Let It Roll" or "Get out the Door") on the upcoming Guitar Hero 3 game.

Download audio: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=72489

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: