Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:34:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Final/Official 'Libertad' Track List+DVD/CD Version*SONY IS SCREWING US AGAIN!!*
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Final/Official 'Libertad' Track List+DVD/CD Version*SONY IS SCREWING US AGAIN!!*  (Read 7780 times)
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: May 10, 2007, 07:34:29 PM »

"SonyBMG Poland reports that VR will release an EP titled 'Harmony and the Tyranny' a month before 'Libertad'. According to the report, the EP will contain two tracks from 'Libertad', as well as the Talking Heads cover 'Psycho Killer' and a video documentary about the making of 'Libertad'.

Additionally, 'Libertad' will be released on July 3 in two formats: a CD version, which will also include the documentary and a CD/DVD version, which will feature a bonus DVD with a 30-minute documentary about the 2007 South American tour. According to the reports, the final track listing for the CD is:

1. Let It Roll
2. She Mine
3. Get Out The Door
4. She Builds Quick Machines
5. The Last Fight
6. American Man
7. Mary Mary
8. Just Sixteen
9. Can?t Get It Out Of My Head
10. For A Brother
11. Spay
12. Gravedancer
13. "Making Of Libertad" documentary (multimedia section)

Please note that in comparison to recent information on online cd stores, the song 'Pills, Demons, Etc.' is no longer listed."

EDIT!!!
As you know, SonyBMG is releasing this, and with the last VR album they made it so you could not play it on some computors while downloading some weird bullshit. SO anyways, I got this from another VR board, where they noticed something about another SonyBMG release:
"Apparently Avril Lavigne's new album, which came out the same day as NIN's and debuted at the top of the charts, came in two versions. You could get the single CD, generally for $9.99, or the deluxe CD/DVD package, for around $16.99. Seems like a pretty easy decision, right: do I value the DVD or not?

But--haHA--Sony/BMG has apparently made it not that simple a decision because they did three other things with this release:

1. They made censored and uncensored versions.

2. They didn't label the censored version as "censored" and the uncensored version as "explicit", so the customer has no idea which they're getting.

3. They issued the censored version as a single CD only. And they issued the explicit version as a deluxe, more expensive, CD/DVD package.

Way to go, Sony/BMG.

http://idolator.com/tunes/sony-bmg/why-does-avril-lavignes-label-have-to-make-things-so-complicated-255274.php "
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 08:04:41 PM by Gonzo Axl » Logged
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 07:38:08 PM »

A Final track listing cool.

going to buy the CD/DVD version .

hope that the track  that didn't make the album will be bsides.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 07:44:48 PM »

Yeah, Im going to buy the DVD/CD one too, I just hope that they dont sacrifice cool disc art for it but w/e. Also, Pills, Demons ETC will probably surface around here sometime, but I am glad they are cutting weaker tracks. It shows that they have enough strong ones that they are both confident and comfortable with. And BTW, Im glad its 12 songs. Why? Because Appetite For Destruction and Slave to the Grind were both 12 songs!  beer  I have a thing about 12 song albums haha smoking
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 07:45:31 PM »

"SonyBMG Poland reports that VR will release an EP titled 'Harmony and the Tyranny' a month before 'Libertad'. According to the report, the EP will contain two tracks from 'Libertad', as well as the Talking Heads cover 'Psycho Killer' and a video documentary about the making of 'Libertad'.

Additionally, 'Libertad' will be released on July 3 in two formats: a CD version, which will also include the documentary and a CD/DVD version, which will feature a bonus DVD with a 30-minute documentary about the 2007 South American tour. According to the reports, the final track listing for the CD is:

1. Let It Roll
2. She Mine
3. Get Out The Door
4. She Builds Quick Machines
5. The Last Fight
6. American Man
7. Mary Mary
8. Just Sixteen
9. Can?t Get It Out Of My Head
10. For A Brother
11. Spay
12. Gravedancer
13. "Making Of Libertad" documentary (multimedia section)

Please note that in comparison to recent information on online cd stores, the song 'Pills, Demons, Etc.' is no longer listed."

Thanks for the info!

Maybe the Pills song has been renamed For A Brother, as I believe the Pills song is about Weilands brother.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 07:50:57 PM »

Thanks for the info!

Maybe the Pills song has been renamed For A Brother, as I believe the Pills song is about Weilands brother.

Actually that would make sense. And IMO "For a Brother" is a better title than "Pills, Demons, ETC". The latter sounds like a demo or something to me, maybe with the "ETC", it just didnt have a good ring to it.  beer
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 08:06:10 PM »

FROM ANOTHER VR BOARD!!!
"Apparently Avril Lavigne's new album, which came out the same day as NIN's and debuted at the top of the charts, came in two versions. You could get the single CD, generally for $9.99, or the deluxe CD/DVD package, for around $16.99. Seems like a pretty easy decision, right: do I value the DVD or not?

But--haHA--Sony/BMG has apparently made it not that simple a decision because they did three other things with this release:

1. They made censored and uncensored versions.

2. They didn't label the censored version as "censored" and the uncensored version as "explicit", so the customer has no idea which they're getting.

3. They issued the censored version as a single CD only. And they issued the explicit version as a deluxe, more expensive, CD/DVD package.

Way to go, Sony/BMG.

http://idolator.com/tunes/sony-bmg/why-does-avril-lavignes-label-have-to-make-things-so-complicated-255274.php "
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 08:20:22 PM »

Without going too much off topic, what exactly does Avril sing about that needs censoring... rofl

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 08:23:06 PM »

Without going too much off topic, what exactly does Avril sing about that needs censoring... rofl

I have no fucking Idea.

Thank god we are getting that ep a month before the album . Cause right now I', dieing to her the new album.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 10:53:01 PM »

So no "Messages" after all?  Is it possible that the title was changed to "American Man?"

The so-called EP sounds more like a single to me.

And "Cant Get It Out Of My Head" should have been a B-Side.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 11:08:27 PM »

So no "Messages" after all?? Is it possible that the title was changed to "American Man?"

Yeah, maybe we're getting the EP in place of the She Builds Quick Machines single.

I think that's part of the frustration of seeing speculated album lists, when we do finally get an official one, we wonder what happened with all the tracks that were cut...

slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 11:12:06 PM »

why did they put the ELO cover on there. that is the most boring song ive heard. no messages either only 11 originals that sorta kills it
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 01:36:47 AM »

So no "Messages" after all?? Is it possible that the title was changed to "American Man?"

They're two different songs...

"American Man" has a slow, melodic solo that?s very trademark Slash in the way it?s reminiscent of old stuff I?ve done in the past."

"Among the standout tracks on the Brendan O'Brien-produced disc is "Messages," about 9/11 victims leaving phone messages for their loved ones." "It's not your typical love ballad," says McKagan. "It's more cerebral." - Rolling Stone
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 01:59:57 AM »

That's alittle in poor taste - don't you think?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 03:43:26 AM »

I love Documentaries about the making of Albums.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 04:29:47 AM »

i havent heard "cant get it out of my head"...where did you hear it?

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 04:37:34 AM »

I havent heard it.  Im speaking solely on the fact that its a cover song, and Id prefer covers to be B-Sides.
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 05:54:41 AM »

I havent heard it.? Im speaking solely on the fact that its a cover song, and Id prefer covers to be B-Sides.

ok i didnt know it was a cover.

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 07:13:43 AM »

Think I'll buy the single CD, censored version... too much bad language these days and who would want an extra Velvet Revolver DVD...as if...I'm joking of course! Why do Sony bother doing this? When Contraband was released I bought the album only to notice a few months later there was another version with a bonus disc so I had to buy that aswell...I wish they'd just release one deluxe version, I think Sony are trying to squeeze more money out of the consumer...greedy fuckers. Can't wait to hear the album though, they're supporting The Who in Ireland this summer as well so looking forward to that too

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 07:17:04 AM »

Think I'll buy the single CD, censored version... too much bad language these days and who would want an extra Velvet Revolver DVD...as if...I'm joking of course! Why do Sony bother doing this? When Contraband was released I bought the album only to notice a few months later there was another version with a bonus disc so I had to buy that aswell...I wish they'd just release one deluxe version, I think Sony are trying to squeeze more money out of the consumer...greedy fuckers. Can't wait to hear the album though, they're supporting The Who in Ireland this summer as well so looking forward to that too

Lucky, Lucky, Lucky you! I saw Roger perform here a few years ago. It was for 'The Ultimate Rock Symphony', Alice came too and did Pink Floyd songs. Imagine him doing a cover of "Brick in the Wall"! However, it is Townsend that I really wish to see. I dig his poetry.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 09:10:53 AM »

well, they made her change the lyrics in that song from "constipated" to "complicated"...

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: