Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:31:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  A new terminator movie With whole new cast/NO arnold??!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new terminator movie With whole new cast/NO arnold??!!  (Read 14591 times)
guns_n_motley
« on: May 10, 2007, 10:19:26 AM »

This movie is ging to have NO ONE even involved with any of the previous movies. Even Kassar/Vajna are gone. This is really going to SUCK!!

can anyone say Hannibal rising??

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070510_halycon_takes_on_new_terminato.html

"The Terminator? series is set for a major rehaul with a new production company signing on to make the next batch of movies. In short, what this means is that the character of John Connor (no doubt set to be played a different actor; the third person to play that part, excluding the guy that briefly played older John) will be present in the next three films, but Schwarzenegger?s iconic cyborg character will most likely be missing.

This is bound to upset the stick-in-the-mud fans of the Schwarzenegger series ? in particular, AB King ? but without the Governator front and centre in the next chapter (he?s too d**n busy), it?s ostensibly the only way to go. And, the trend to ?reboot? is in right now, after all.

The Halcyon Company announced today the acquisition of all the ?Terminator? franchise rights. These rights include the right to produce any future ?Terminator? films, as well as all future merchandising and licensing rights, certain future revenues derived from ?Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines?, as well as certain rights in the television project ?The Sarah Connor Chronicles? and the sole right to produce all future ?Terminator? projects in any new or existing media.

The Halcyon Company is a recently formed, privately financed, film development, production and financing company, headed by co-CEOs Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek. "The Terminator franchise represents by far the most popular and successful franchise not owned by a major studio," said Mr. Kubicek. "While we have several other projects in the works, we see this global franchise as a cornerstone of Halcyon's future business plans."

?Terminator 4? will be based on a script by John Brancato and Michael Ferris and is envisioned to be the first film in a new Terminator trilogy. Halcyon plans to immediately begin pre-production on the new film.

While as yet no distribution agreement has been set, Halcyon anticipates that T4 will be ready for release in the first half of 2009, if not earlier.

Moritz Borman, the Executive Producer of ?Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines? as well as the then-CEO of Intermedia Films (the co-production financial partner for T3), is slated to produce the new ?Terminator 4? film as well as being an integral member of the branding and licensing team. Kubicek and Anderson will co-produce.

Moritz Borman stated, "With T3, we included many incidental details and plot points that, along with the main narrative, set the stage for an entirely new set of inter-related stories covering the future adventures of John Connor and the Terminators. This new Terminator trilogy will build upon the already huge worldwide Terminator fan base, which was both revitalized and expanded with the global success of T3."

Anderson said, "We also plan to maximize the potential of the Terminator franchise by entering into strategic relationships with world class merchandising and licensing partners. By quickly pursuing and finalizing these new opportunities, we are confident that all of these ventures can be completed in time to fully maximize their value by coinciding with the first of the new Terminator's release."

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 10:45:22 AM »

without arnie shouting "get down!!" i cant see this being hit.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 10:59:02 AM »

Well it can't be much worse than worthless T3.
If I had been given a choise of either Mostow directing and writing yet another Terminator movie with T3's cast  or a complete 100% makeover with new faces and without Arnie I would have  picked  latter any given sunday.

Shame Cameron didn't feel like sticking with his own franchise.The two  first Terminator flicks are amazing and pretty unique in their genre, somehow.
Mostow did great job proving that even such a strong franchise can easily be turned into tasteless bland generic shit.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
guns_n_motley
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 11:07:26 AM »

Fact is though, Arnold IS the terminator. Just like Bruce Willis is John mclane and Stallone is Rocky/rambo.

I have no desire to see some poser with muscles walking around pretending to be arnold.

and the dudes who wrote this wrote Primal, an alligator movie!! I see this doing like Hannibal rising did, and we saw how well that one did..

Terminator ISNT like Batman, spiderman, james bond etc. where you can have different actors play the main role...

I dont see the hate for Terminator 3 either. I thought for what its worth it was a good movie. it was NO T2, but T2 is the gold standard of action movies. It had an interesting plot line and was well executed.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 11:23:16 AM »

And they're doing another Mad max without mel!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 11:44:11 AM »

seriously??!!! please tell me this isnt true! Shocked link me..
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 11:58:36 AM »

Can't link you, you'll have to take my word for it!  Wink

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 12:35:15 PM »

there are still rumors about another Mad Max but mel gibson would still star in it if it was done.

anyway, i think this is terrible news, i didnt hate T:3 but i think they should leave the franchise alone, unless they bring back arnold and edward furlong.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 12:39:16 PM »

there are still rumors about another Mad Max but mel gibson would still star in it if it was done.

anyway, i think this is terrible news, i didnt hate T:3 but i think they should leave the franchise alone, unless they bring back arnold and edward furlong.

Unfortunately, the director who has the rights to the next Mad Max thinks that mel is too old.
Unfortunately, Edward Furlong is a little drug f***ed.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 12:43:24 PM »

^well i didnt know that about mad max, thats fucking lame.

i thought edward furlong is fine now? isnt he clean? hes a great actor, sure he wasnt the best in T:2 but he was young, i thought he was great in American History X.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 01:49:18 PM »

Well...doesnt seem like a brilliant idea,

but ya never know, might inject something new into the series - maybe they'll find someone who's even better than Arnie.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 01:51:57 PM »

Can't link you, you'll have to take my word for it!  Wink

that is true. ok

They have been working on another Terminator for a while now .

T3 was a let down maybe taking the series into a new direction is a good thing . Plus without Arnie you can cut the budget down by like 30+ Million .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »

The only good thing about T3 was the ending. A blockbuster that ends with the world's destruction -> Brave move IMO.

Now, they should leave the franchise there. No need for a T4. Without Cameron, Arnold, Hamilton, Furlong, Stan Winston it will suck big time.

PS - I know Cameron didn't direct #3 Wink

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 03:16:12 PM »

T3 was a big dissapointment IMO. If James Cameron would have done it it would have been better though.

i dont see the new movies and the new tv series to be very good or popular.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 03:22:06 PM »

T3 sucked SUPER ASS..

the only way this trilogy can be good, is if they follow the soldiers missions fighting in the future, that would rock.

html sucks
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 04:04:52 PM »

Fact is though, Arnold IS the terminator. Just like Bruce Willis is John mclane and Stallone is Rocky/rambo.

I have no desire to see some poser with muscles walking around pretending to be arnold.

and the dudes who wrote this wrote Primal, an alligator movie!! I see this doing like Hannibal rising did, and we saw how well that one did..

Terminator ISNT like Batman, spiderman, james bond etc. where you can have different actors play the main role...

Maybe not yet. When Connery left the Bond franchise, the films producers considered showing a plastic surgery scene to show why Bond looked like George Lazenby instead. It was unimaginable at the time that anyone else would play the role.

Believe me, people might not prefer the new Terminator, but if the film makers want to do it they will.

anythinggoes
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 04:09:45 PM »

Whatever they do i will go to see it, im a big fan of the franchise, T3 was good in places but could of been better if T1 was a 9 T2 was 9.5 and T3 6.5 IMO. it will be hard to imagine it without the original Charactors but things like this have been done in the Past, Star Trek? What they need is someone with vision and they need tobe a big fan of the Originals both in style content and camerons original vision
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 07:17:56 PM »

Well i guess that means he'll be in it sorta. I know its gonna be weird without him having a major role but what else can he do really now that the war started? He's supposed to kill john at some point according to part 3 but other then that i don't see much room for a role for him anymore.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 09:16:23 PM »

well i knew that if there was going to be a T4 that Arnold wouldn't be in it on a count of him being the GOVENATOR of california and all. BUT with no old cast, and all news one.......i dont know that may the potensial to suck balls Lips Sealed Embarrassed

but i'll still see them all, i love the TERMINATOR series Cheesy

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 09:18:39 PM »

why is everyone so down on T3?  I thought it was a really good movie.  the fight in the bathroom was absolutely amazing - set the standard for super powered/strength combat in any movie.  the ending was so compelling too...

anyways, i don't think arnie is the star of the terminator movies anymore.  i mean, how many times is the SAME robot going to be used?  I think if they cast the movie right and the story takes place in the future with TONS of robots and machines hunting down humans, i don't see how you can miss.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: