Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:32:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  A new terminator movie With whole new cast/NO arnold??!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new terminator movie With whole new cast/NO arnold??!!  (Read 14593 times)
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2007, 08:14:18 AM »

'Terminator' locked in rights standoff
MGM sued over distribution rights
By JANET SHPRINTZ

The holders of the rights to "Terminator 4" have sued MGM, claiming the studio is interfering with their right to negotiate for the distribution of the planned fourth installment of the highly successful series. Halcyon Co. and its principals, Victor Kubicek and Derek Anderson, acquired rights in May, including sequel rights to "Terminator 2" and "Terminator 3" and a script by "T3" writers John Brancato and Michael Ferris, with plans to launch a big-budget sequel.
According to the complaint, filed in L.A. Superior Court on Wednesday, MGM claimed it had acquired an exclusive 30-day negotiation window for "T4" in the 1990s Orion Pictures bankruptcy. T Asset, the plaintiff and Halcyon's subsidiary, did not concede MGM's rights but began negotiations in May over distribution. T Asset claims MGM's exclusive window is now over despite MGM's claims in the media that it has the right to distribute "T4." The suit seeks a declaration and injunctive relief.

As outlined in the complaint, producer Moritz Borman began negotiations with MGM chief operating officer Rick Sands on May 31. The deal proposed by MGM for worldwide distribution included a commitment of almost $200 million and gave MGM approval over budget, script, director and male lead. It also included a lower backend participation to T Asset. With the 30-day period running out, the two sides could not make a deal.

According to the complaint, MGM then claimed T Asset was required to continue negotiations and that it would prevent T Asset from negotiating with other studios. Also at issue is T Asset's refusal to allow MGM to review the confidential screenplay. According to correspondence attached to the complaint, MGM claims that T Asset has taken an unfair "take it or leave it" position in the negotiations. MGM appears to take the position that "T4" cannot have the same deal as "T3" without Arnold Schwarzenegger in the lead role.

Commenting on the litigation, an MGM spokesman said, "MGM is completely comfortable with its rights position on the 'Terminator' franchise, and we will not allow anyone to interfere with our rights."

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2007, 08:20:11 AM »

They're milking the Terminator franchise to the end. How can you have a Terminator movie W/O Ahhnold?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2007, 12:47:36 PM »

How can you have a Terminator movie W/O Ahhnold?
same as gunsnroses without slash? Tongue
you can, just need an exellent director and good acters...i'd be intrested to see where its' headed

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2007, 01:20:49 PM »

i hope Dolph Lundgren is playing in this!  yes

they need a buff guy with bad english!  drool

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2007, 05:10:58 PM »

"The male model Marcus Schenkenberg was on a Dutch tv show and mentioned he went to Cannes last week and booked four new movie roles. One thing that stood out was Terminator 4 and he also mentioned that Schwarzenegger would have a 30-sec cameo." - Coming Soon

The video should be here. Go to 28 mei t/m 1 juni and select Marcus Schenkenberg.

He's not Dolph Lundgren, but hey! He's Swedish!  hihi

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
GeraldFord
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2007, 05:54:17 PM »

Fact is though, Arnold IS the terminator. Just like Bruce Willis is John mclane and Stallone is Rocky/rambo.

I have no desire to see some poser with muscles walking around pretending to be arnold.

and the dudes who wrote this wrote Primal, an alligator movie!! I see this doing like Hannibal rising did, and we saw how well that one did..

Terminator ISNT like Batman, spiderman, james bond etc. where you can have different actors play the main role...

I dont see the hate for Terminator 3 either. I thought for what its worth it was a good movie. it was NO T2, but T2 is the gold standard of action movies. It had an interesting plot line and was well executed.
bingo. u hit the nail onth head.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2007, 07:20:09 PM »

Fact is though, Arnold IS the terminator. Just like Bruce Willis is John mclane and Stallone is Rocky/rambo.

I have no desire to see some poser with muscles walking around pretending to be arnold.

and the dudes who wrote this wrote Primal, an alligator movie!! I see this doing like Hannibal rising did, and we saw how well that one did..

Terminator ISNT like Batman, spiderman, james bond etc. where you can have different actors play the main role...

I dont see the hate for Terminator 3 either. I thought for what its worth it was a good movie. it was NO T2, but T2 is the gold standard of action movies. It had an interesting plot line and was well executed.
bingo. u hit the nail onth head.

I actually liked T3. T2 was better though.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2007, 08:41:37 PM »

And they're doing another Mad max without mel!

seriously??!!! please tell me this isnt true! Shocked link me..

Can't link you, you'll have to take my word for it!? Wink

i heard somewhere that its going to be an anime

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2007, 05:35:08 AM »

Terminator1 was by far the best one for me, terminator3 was great too, but the charracters of John Connor and Kathrine Bruster was horrible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOb8NC708_c my favorite scene peace

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2007, 05:53:15 PM »

My new favorite movie won't be released until 2009 Sad Shocked

Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins
http://thearnoldfans.com/news/1178.htm

"This is set in the future, in a full-scale war between Skynet and humankind," Anderson told Daily Variety.

Borman said: "The third film was really the conclusion of what happened in the 'now.' You will find the most-loved characters, but the intention here is to present a fresh new world and have this be the first of a trilogy." The producers said it wasn't yet clear whether Arnold Schwarzenegger will be back for his fourth appearance in the franchise that launched his movie career. "T3" was the last film in which he starred before becoming governor of California. "We've left it open for him to maybe do a cameo," Borman said. "He has an important job, as we know, and the final decision will be based on his desire and availability, along with what the director wants."

I simply can't fucking wait you guys i'm gonna go try to freez myself. wake me in the future

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2007, 08:00:16 PM »

i think, if done right, this could actually be cool. i always loved the whole concept of humans fighting machines for the survival of humanity. badass.

they are purposely not calling it terminator:4 cuz this is a fresh start, taking place in the "future" of the terminator timeline.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2007, 01:33:57 AM »

i think they should call it Terminator 4: _____________ because Terminator 3 really didn't end on a good note for me it left it wide open for another sequal. Really in the last half hour of the movie when there going to where the womens dad works they give away parts of a futur story line like the T101 killing John July 4th 2032 and how Kat is the new leader then ect ect ect.

so really i think it should start off as T4: *something*

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2007, 03:35:31 AM »

Christian Bale cast as John Connor ...

Now I'm fucking intrigued by that. Can't name a shit Christian Bale flick ...

guns_n_motley
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2007, 09:08:44 AM »

its being directed by MCG the guy who did charlies angels though......and theres still no arnold...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2007, 10:24:29 AM »

Christian Bale cast as John Connor ...
This is the guy peace

http://i13.tinypic.com/81p3n0k.jpg
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 10:26:48 AM by norway » Logged

The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2007, 05:44:05 PM »

its being directed by MCG the guy who did charlies angels though......and theres still no arnold...

I know ... No arnold does not bother me. They're trying to start the series afresh and Arnold would have too many people comparing it to the old trilogy.
The director though is a steaming pile of shit, however Christian Bale is one of those actors who just doesn't sign up to a role without having given it much thought. He must have really liked the script to sign on and that gives me hope.

AbominableHoman
Headliner

Cold Hearth Breaker. Fit Ta' Burn

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2007, 01:57:15 AM »

From everything I've read, they're continuing from the Terminator 2 time line.

I'm a HUGE Terminator fan (YCBM got me into GNR), and I'm not too disappointed with the lack of Arnold. He doesn't actually play that big of a role in the post-apocalyptic future, just when they find the Arnold-type Terminator model towards then end, does he come into play.

If Christian Bale is actually playing John Connor, I have A LOT of faith in the up-coming movies.

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
www.myspace.com/guns_n_roses
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: