Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 09:34:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Two more Star War movies coming
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two more Star War movies coming  (Read 4978 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« on: May 09, 2007, 01:44:01 PM »

Two More Star Wars Movies Coming
Source: Fox411 May 9, 2007

Fox411's Roger Friedman talked to George Lucas at the all-star Time magazine dinner and got some interesting sound bites from the Indiana Jones 4 executive producer.

Lucas says that Sean Connery still hasn't signed on, but his character, Indy's dad, is in the script. Other than that, his lips are sealed.

Lucas said that he has seen all the summer movies since his company, Industrial Light & Magic, does most of the special effects. The only one they didn't work on was Spider-Man 3. What did he think of it?

"It's silly. It's a silly movie," he said. "There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there? People thought 'Star Wars' was silly, too," he added, with a wink. "But it wasn't."

While Lucas is readying the new "Clone Wars" animated series, he told Friedman that he will make two more live-action films based in the "Star Wars" universe as well.

"But they won't have members of the Skywalker family as characters," he said. "They will be other people of that milieu."

The two extra films will also be made for TV and probably be an hour long each. But, like "Clone Wars," Lucas doesn't know where on TV they will land

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 01:53:28 PM »

Fox411's Roger Friedman talked to George Lucas at the all-star Time magazine dinner and got some interesting sound bites from the Indiana Jones 4 executive producer.

Lucas says that Sean Connery still hasn't signed on, but his character, Indy's dad, is in the script. Other than that, his lips are sealed.

Lucas said that he has seen all the summer movies since his company, Industrial Light & Magic, does most of the special effects. The only one they didn't work on was Spider-Man 3. What did he think of it?

"It's silly. It's a silly movie," he said. "There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there? People thought 'Star Wars' was silly, too," he added, with a wink. "But it wasn't."

While Lucas is readying the new "Clone Wars" animated series, he told Friedman that he will make two more live-action films based in the "Star Wars" universe as well.

"But they won't have members of the Skywalker family as characters," he said. "They will be other people of that milieu."

The two extra films will also be made for TV and probably be an hour long each. But, like "Clone Wars," Lucas doesn't know where on TV they will land

Damnit Lucas - we want a new trilogy (obviously not with Lucas involved though...)

So many stories to tell.....give the series to Spielberg for goods sake, let him do a film or two, stupid union regs kept him from doing Return of the Jedi rant

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 03:21:52 PM »

i was hoping for a live action tv series rant

ah well hopefully at least Vader will be in them there to kill everybody  ok

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 03:24:15 PM »

Damnit Lucas - we want a new trilogy (obviously not with Lucas involved though...)

So many stories to tell.....give the series to Spielberg for goods sake, let him do a film or two, stupid union regs kept him from doing Return of the Jedi rant

spielberg makes the worst movies ever.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 03:39:28 PM »

If 3 of the 6 Star Wars movies sucked and the story is done, why make 2 more?

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 03:41:14 PM »

story continues with *official* writers books.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 03:42:32 PM »

story continues with *official* writers books.

Sorry, Star Wars is about Skywalkers, mainly Vader. I think anything without him is purely an attempt to make more money.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 04:09:52 PM »

Right on, there's been enough turds dropped on top the original trilogy at this point.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 04:17:50 PM »

finally, some more movies to tell the full story of Jar-Jar. it's about bloody time.
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 04:35:06 PM »

I totally love the original trilogy...and I don't like very much the "new"one..so I don't know if I must be happy or worried about this new Lucas project? nervous
..well..about Skywalker family..I'd like to be Mara Jade? Roll Eyes ...because she will marry Luke in the end... love love

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 04:37:14 PM »

Lucas can come up with a good story but need to let some else write the script and direct this two flicks.

their are s shit load of things they can do with these films.

maybe tell a Boba fete story with one of these . drool
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 04:38:50 PM by Timothy » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 11:23:09 PM »

maybe tell a Boba fete story with one of these . drool

The live action tv show they are going to do involves boba fett.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 11:34:01 PM »

Right on, there's been enough turds dropped on top the original trilogy at this point.

seriously, the prequels actually ruined the originals for me. 

if there are anymore star wars movies they just need to relaunch the story decades from where we last saw it.  no more of this "lets go back in time, add new characters and add in made up shit, like midichlorians, and completey fuck up an awesome trilogy!!"

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 11:39:29 PM »

spielberg makes the worst movies ever.

Yeh, some of the issues in Schindlers list would be hard to deal with......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 01:02:31 AM »

If these movies are actually made, they could be about the Sith war

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 01:04:52 AM »

Are they Made for T.V Movies?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 01:21:32 AM »

I remember reading about this ages ago around when Episode 3 came out, George Lucas mentioned about making a Star Wars tv series based off other characters and not the ones in the film.
I always wondered what happened with that, so it's good to hear that it's still in the works. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 05:54:41 AM »

Are they Made for T.V Movies?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 07:40:14 AM »

Enough is enough!

The Star Wars story has been butchered too much already. The last three films made were a joke!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 08:19:07 AM »

Does anyone remember "The Ewok Adventure" from 1984?

This new project reminds me of that.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: