Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:56:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Pinball Machine
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Pinball Machine  (Read 13556 times)
Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« on: February 20, 2005, 01:14:57 AM »

I finally found one. Played it.  Wasnt in great shape but was still tight as hell.  They have it at Kenmore Lanes in WA.  It was so sweet I walked in to the Video game part of a bowling alley the other day and saw it in the corner of my I, damn it was sweet.  I loved the pistol which launches the ball, HA!

Slashisthebest

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 01:18:52 AM »

Lucky. The only place I've seen it is Ebay. And if I had $2,000, I would have it in my living room.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 01:19:18 AM »

Holy shit, I would have had a fucking conniption fit.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 01:20:50 AM by alicemudgarden » Logged
Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 01:27:33 AM »

Next time i go there ill take pics and put them up but I swear to god I did play it no bull shit.

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
Jaxl Stanley
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 06:06:14 AM »

There used to be one in my local pub, it keeps repeating the names of the band members at that time on the top, i think matt is on it instead of steven

dunno when they were made

infact im gonna ask the landlord what happened to that cos they have a lame one now, hope he got a lot of money for it cos he mite be pissed off if i tell him its rare n worth a fortune!
suicide
VIP

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 06:50:07 AM »

I have one in my bedroom, and it's in great shape! I only paid like ? 1000 for it, but that was 5 years ago. There are some other members of this board that have the pinball machine.
dash
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts ....... Who Knows Wen??!!

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 07:19:06 AM »

I played it in Benidorm, Spain, in a a bar called HeartBraker. Right beside the pimbal machine there was a poster of Axl and a guitar sign by Slash.

That was a great bar.
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 07:59:34 AM »

i remember playing one when i was a kid and it was one of the things that got me into Guns N' Roses (i was about 13 - 14 at the time) i just remember thinking that the music was really cool!!

anyway, a few years back i told my mum that i'm never getting married - we made a deal so that if i do (which i will - ha ha!!) that she'll get me a GN'R pinball machine!! there's near enough always one for sale on ebay so i can't wait, just gotta give it 10 years or so!!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 08:01:23 AM by Axl Z » Logged

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 10:04:33 AM »

So....let me get this straight.... you're gonna get married, just so you can get a pinball machine? Grin

smoking Izzy smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 02:06:35 PM »

I've got one......on my PC!  There's an emulator out there with the GnR board set up....I must say, it's pretty cool. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2005, 03:13:53 PM »

Wasn't Anint Goin Down on there??

yes it is

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2005, 04:36:47 PM »

So....let me get this straight.... you're gonna get married, just so you can get a pinball machine? Grin

smoking Izzy smoking

Hardcore!!!
Wink

um.. as is anyone who goes out and purchases one of these monsters  ok
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2005, 04:47:26 PM »

I've got one......on my PC!  There's an emulator out there with the GnR board set up....I must say, it's pretty cool. 

Yep, I've got it too. It's a bit tricky to set up but when it finally works it's very cool  ok

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Beowulf
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2005, 05:11:47 PM »

Wow. I actually live like five minutes away from Kenmore Lanes. Never been to the arcade section though. I'll have to check that out sometime. Small world.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2005, 05:41:53 PM »

I guess that pinball machine was popular for the teenagers of 91-93 period.  Smiley
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2005, 01:16:13 PM »

smoking Izzy smoking

yeah, ha ha!! seriously thou, the pinball machine is what i want instead of a toaster as a wedding present!! whether my wife would understand is another thing altogther thou!

where did you get this from? i'd love to run it on my PC!!  ok

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
AxlStaleyWeiland
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2005, 04:54:55 PM »

played it in Tempe AZ at some discount movie theaters. During the day, the theaters are pretty empty, I was thinkin about taking my truck down there w/4 friends to go grab itput it truck and take it home

its a miracle how long we can stay in a world our minds created in a world thats full of SHIT
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2005, 09:41:55 AM »

smoking Izzy smoking

yeah, ha ha!! seriously thou, the pinball machine is what i want instead of a toaster as a wedding present!! whether my wife would understand is another thing altogther thou!

I've got one......on my PC!? There's an emulator out there with the GnR board set up....I must say, it's pretty cool.?

where did you get this from? i'd love to run it on my PC!!? ok

I honestly don't remember....I do remember there was a thread on the subject back in January of '03 (from reviewing some PM's on the subject) and I went into detail about where to find it, and how to make it work.  But, given that was 2 years ago....I don't remember a bit of it.  I went back through my post history, and can't find the posts there, either (which may mean it was "purged" when the board switched over)....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2005, 12:12:24 PM »

I honestly don't remember....I do remember there was a thread on the subject back in January of '03 (from reviewing some PM's on the subject) and I went into detail about where to find it, and how to make it work.  But, given that was 2 years ago....I don't remember a bit of it.  I went back through my post history, and can't find the posts there, either (which may mean it was "purged" when the board switched over)....

Ah, I thought it was you who had made that tutorial. I think I saved it somewhere, I'll try to dig it up Wink

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2005, 06:09:18 PM »

OK, I found it. I updated some of the links but Pilferk gets all the credits for the rest of the tutorial.

Here's what you need :

Visual Pinball
http://www.vpforums.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads
You'll need to register to the message board

PinMAME
http://pinmame.retrogames.com/downloads.html 
I have the version 1.30, but I guess a more recent one will work just as well.

VBS scripts (and that only):
http://www.arcadeathome.com/pinball.phtml?h

The game rom :
http://emu.makii.pl/vp/flipery.php3?nazwa=Guns%20N%20Roses
It might ask you for a login / password, but nevermind. Click on cancel.

1) Now, you've got everything you need. Here's what I did. I unzipped the Visual Pinball Zip file into a new folder, and ran the setup. This installs the program.

2)I then unzipped the PinMAME file into IT'S own seperate folder, and installed it. During the setup process, you'll get a screen with a WHOLE list of "paths" (you know, C:\Downloads\Pinmame\). You want to change the ROMS path to the Tables subfolder underneath the main Visual Pinball folder (wherever you chose to install that...for me, the path was C:\Program Files\Visual Pinball\Tables It will probably be similar if you use the default install for Visual Pinball in step 1).

3) Unzip the vbs script zip file into that same Tables Folder.

4) Unzip BOTH GnR Rom zip files into the SAME Tables Folder.

5) Create a new folder within the Tables Folder, called gnr_300.

6) Copy the following files from the Tables Folder INTO the GnR folder you just created:
G&ru17.snd
G&ru21.snd
G&ru36.snd
G&ru37.snd
G&ru7.snd
Gnrcpua.300
Gnrdispa.300

7) Within the GnR folder, rename all the G&ru**.snd files (where ** is the number) to Gnru**.snd. In other words, rename G&ru17.snd to Gnru17.snd, rename G&ru21.snd to Gnru21.snd, and so on.

All the work is done. Load up Visual Pinball (Start, Programs, Visual Pinball, Visual Pinball Beta). Click File and Open. You should see a list of 3 tables (Tutorial, Top Speed, and Guns n Roses). Click on Guns and Roses, and click open. That will load the table into "Construction Mode". Click the play button and you should be all set. The 2 shift keys are the flippers, the enter key is the ball shot, I think 5 is "insert coin" and I know 1 is the start button. 7 puts the board into diagnostic mode, but I can't figure out how to get out of that without quitting out of the board. Esc will pause and let you quit out (by selecting return to editor).

Have fun !  beer

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: