Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 07:36:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New tommy stinson cd? (what if)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New tommy stinson cd? (what if)  (Read 6786 times)
growler
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: May 08, 2007, 03:43:56 AM »

While we are all waiting for chinese democracy to come out.... and we are all sure the band members have a lot of down time...dizzy with hookers and blow...bumble with side projects...I would love to see tommy come out with a new cd... there is no denying VGH was a great album....I wonder if he is working on new stuff....does anyone else think a new tommy album would be great(as long as it dosnt interfere with GNR plans?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 04:01:19 AM by growler » Logged
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 08:35:17 AM »

Quoting Pepper Berry from tommystinsonforum.com:
If you want to hear a great "Mats" song sort kinda not, but yeah, then buy or download from ITunes the soundtrack to the animated movie OPEN SEASON that Paul scored. The song "Right To Arm Bears" is Paul with Tommy and Josh Freese. It's great, hilarious lyrics! There are 2 other songs on that soundtrack that the three of them played together on but I can't remember them right now.
(posted yesterday)

Tommy's "Hey You" from VGH is featured in the new film In the Land of Women starring Adam Brody.  Apparently, there's quite a chunk of the song in the film.
(that's a few weeks old, and I doubt Tommy had to do anything on that but getting the check cashed)

Then he also worked on the score (not soundtrack) for the movie Catch and Release (check it out here).

Oh, and I think he must've been busy with Gn'R rehearsing for that tour everybody says is coming up , but that's a guess Tongue .

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 08:44:07 AM »

probably did some physical therapy.
I busted my hand about the same time as tommy... and it was only a slight impact, and my thumb still hurts.
depending on the damage, his hand will heal, but I'm pretty sure that it will still hurt when he's playing.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 08:45:18 AM »

I have yet to hear VGH.... what are everyones honest opinions on the album?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 09:34:33 AM »

My honest opinion is you've just wasted a bit more than two years of your life because you don't have that album. Tommy's stuff is amazing, I love it  love. Go to Tommy's myspace to listen to some tunes from the album.

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 09:39:37 AM »

Definitely one of the best GN'R related solo albums.

It's got a bit of everything really and a bunch of names you might recognize from GN'R plays on it too.

After that, check out the record by his old band Perfect.

I feel pretty fortunate to have seen him play a solo show back in 2004. He was playing as the opening act for Jesse Malin over here in Europe. It was just Tommy and Joe (from Alien Crime Syndicate) on stage.

I told my friend who was with me at the show that "next time you'll see Tommy, it'll be in an arena", and I was right.....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 10:06:32 AM »

Tommy did good stuff with VGH.   I'd gladly buy his next solo album, if it ever happens.
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 10:25:41 AM »

I feel pretty fortunate to have seen him play a solo show back in 2004. He was playing as the opening act for Jesse Malin over here in Europe. It was just Tommy and Joe (from Alien Crime Syndicate) on stage.

I told my friend who was with me at the show that "next time you'll see Tommy, it'll be in an arena", and I was right.....  hihi

/jarmo

yeah, I also saw him when he played in Brussels on this tour.

It was on his birthday and I bought him a box of chocolats  Grin
Also hung around with him after he played for about an hour

GREAT GUY!!!

Like peeing clouds!
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 10:30:02 AM »

VGH is one of my all time favourite albums. I'm still convinced Axl sings on it as well. See if you can hear him.

a.
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 10:59:58 AM »

I was just thinking about a new Tommy cd the other day, since it is approaching almost three years since VGH.  It was an amazing album and I was lucky enough to see him back in January 05.

Check out some of his live shows on the tube of you.  Pretty awesome renditions and a very intimate setting. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 11:23:46 AM »

VGH was a great album. Wonder what he will do for the next one. also wonder if he is even thinking about a next album.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 11:29:03 AM »

Great album.  Easy to listen to over and over.
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 11:52:16 AM »

If you want to hear a great "Mats" song sort kinda not, but yeah, then buy or download from ITunes the soundtrack to the animated movie OPEN SEASON that Paul scored. The song "Right To Arm Bears" is Paul with Tommy and Josh Freese. It's great, hilarious lyrics! There are 2 other songs on that soundtrack that the three of them played together on but I can't remember them right now.
That's a really good album all-round. For some reason, Westerberg making soundtracks to kids' movies makes complete sense. Tommy plays on another track from it too, but I can't remember which.

I'm not really a fan of VGH, but the Bash & Pop and Perfect albums are incredible.
nyd
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 01:37:27 PM »

I was surprised by just how good the album was. I enjoyed Bash & Pop and Perfect but VGH was in a league of it's own. The Mats are awesome too, you should get his whole back catalog to be honest  Cool
EFISH
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 01:40:25 PM »

Village Gorilla Head is amazing! I actually just found the CD in my closet last night and have been listening all day!

I really hope Tommy will put out another album.  Cool
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 01:44:52 PM »

Really excellent CD - highly recommended.

Top bloke as well got to see him twice solo - once in Birmingham and once in Reading in the UK. First time round he was in a little place called The Glee Club in Birmingham UK, afterwards got him to sign a picture I had printed off of him and Axl from Leeds 02. Second time around he signed my copy of VGH - I asked him if he would play 'Motivation' later on the tour seeing as its my favourite song off the album. Pretty stupid question seeing as it was an acoustic tour!

Anyway buy buy

-Greg

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 03:44:56 PM »

At the 1:05 minute mark of the song "Couldn't Wait", isn't that Axl in the background?

Also, Sean Beaven is the producer of the CD, which I believe added a lot of the extra layers to the songs (I could be wrong, but if you hear Sean's solo CD with his wife you'd know what I meant).

a.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 07:21:12 PM by a. » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 03:57:05 PM »

CD's Of TOMMY Is AMAZING... The Best Proyect of GNR...

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 04:16:58 PM »

Definitely one of the best GN'R related solo albums.

It's got a bit of everything really and a bunch of names you might recognize from GN'R plays on it too.

After that, check out the record by his old band Perfect.

I told my friend who was with me at the show that "next time you'll see Tommy, it'll be in an arena", and I was right.....? hihi

/jarmo
K cool....thanks for the info. I'll check it out. I have a couple of Izzys CDs that I like, but I never got any of the other solo stuff. I looked for Matts CD for a short time, but didn't put much effort into it. I never really liked Gilby or Duff's solo stuff either. But I'll give this record from Tommy a chance for sure.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 08:08:52 PM »

What's also interesting to note about this album was that Stinson brought the majority of these songs forward to GN'R, but was supported by Axl to do his own thing on the side and get the recognition he deserved for them.
He obviously learned his lesson from Slash's Snakepit.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: