Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:28:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New tommy stinson cd? (what if)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New tommy stinson cd? (what if)  (Read 6760 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 08:58:54 AM »

What's also interesting to note about this album was that Stinson brought the majority of these songs forward to GN'R, but was supported by Axl to do his own thing on the side and get the recognition he deserved for them.
He obviously learned his lesson from Slash's Snakepit.

Who learned a lesson from Snakepit, Axl or Tommy? And how?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 09:54:04 AM »

What's also interesting to note about this album was that Stinson brought the majority of these songs forward to GN'R, but was supported by Axl to do his own thing on the side and get the recognition he deserved for them.
He obviously learned his lesson from Slash's Snakepit.

Who learned a lesson from Snakepit, Axl or Tommy? And how?

I was wondering the same thing  Huh
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2007, 01:09:12 PM »

Hey,

If anyone has got this album promo version (it comes in a cardboard sleeve) can someone post the pics ?

Im not sure if i should get the normal version or the Promo version ?

Wotcha think

CJ
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2007, 02:31:40 PM »

I have some promo CD's where there's a voice saying "this is a promo" throughout the songs. Not sure if you want to chance that unless someone else has a copy already and can verify that it doesn't have this mechanical voice throughout.

a.
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2007, 04:56:56 PM »

hmm ok.

Thanks for the info

CJ
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2007, 05:07:57 PM »

I have some promo CD's where there's a voice saying "this is a promo" throughout the songs. Not sure if you want to chance that unless someone else has a copy already and can verify that it doesn't have this mechanical voice throughout.

a.

Not the case with Tommy's cd.

To be honest, this is the first time I hear something like this...

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2007, 05:13:46 PM »

a.

Not the case with Tommy's cd.

To be honest, this is the first time I hear something like this...

Same here, From what band are these promos?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2007, 06:28:12 PM »

I'm a huge fan of Tommy's entire back-catalog (obviously. lol), and would kill to hear a follow-up to Village Gorilla Head.  Something with more of a Perfect or Bash & Pop vibe, or even going slightly more into the territory he's delved into with GN'R would be great.  It shows how versatile of a musician he is that he can play Johnny Thunders-influenced punk, to more chilled out, Stones/Faces style rock, to "mature" singer/songwriter tracks, to what he's doing in GN'R, which seems to fuse classic rock with nu-metal, with no end of other styles.

Realistically though, I don't see any new material surfacing by Tommy until after GN'R are finished their cycle of touring and (hopefully) album releases... which could be next year, could be in 5 years time.  I'm just really hoping Tommy plays as major role with Chinese Democracy as I assume he has... his playing in The Blues is great.  Would like to see him really step it up on the bass in a few other tracks.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2007, 06:34:37 PM »

By the way, did any of you check out the movie score he did with BT for the Catch & Release movie?

Yet another side of Tommy....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 06:39:03 PM »

I checked out a little bit of that.  Haven't gotten around to buying the album yet, but from what I've heard it's beautiful.
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2007, 06:47:51 PM »

A new album from Tommy would be brilliant!  I've been listening to both VGH and Perfect's album a lot recently and I love both of them.  Esspecially the song Thing I Call My Life, for some reason I love it more than usual recently.

I'd also love it if he did another solo tour since I missed out last time.

But as MrRedfield said I don't see it happening until after GNR stuff is done, which is a shame.
Tank
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 11:42:35 PM »

I just ordered VGH this afternoon.  Hopefully it'll be pretty kickass!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2007, 01:15:55 AM »

By the way, did any of you check out the movie score he did with BT for the Catch & Release movie?

/jarmo

I bought it as soon as it came out.

I'll watch the movie tonight...

Chief
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2007, 01:37:23 AM »

Really? where did you hear that about those songs?

At the 1:05 minute mark of the song "Couldn't Wait", isn't that Axl in the background?

What's also interesting to note about this album was that Stinson brought the majority of these songs forward to GN'R, but was supported by Axl to do his own thing on the side and get the recognition he deserved for them. Also, Sean Beaven is the producer of the CD, which I believe added a lot of the extra layers to the songs (I could be wrong, but if you hear Sean's solo CD with his wife you'd know what I meant).

a.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2007, 03:59:27 AM »

Tank, be sure to tell us what you think. *I* think you've just done yourself a huge favor Wink .

Chief, there used to be a Yahoogroup/mailinglist for Tommy. It was set up back in the day when he was touring, and as it started to got spammed badly and there was low "real" traffic, it was given up in favor of tommystinsonforum.com . I got the info about the movies & stuff from there (and I think I read an Interview with Tommy about it too, maybe it was on the list/forum too).

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2007, 05:41:26 AM »

/jarmo

I bought it as soon as it came out.

I'll watch the movie tonight...

"The two best parts of the film are the few amazing shots featuring the natural beauty of Boulder, Colorado and the nice little soundtrack with some real gems. "

first review i read said that

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2007, 06:30:17 AM »

Tank, be sure to tell us what you think. *I* think you've just done yourself a huge favor Wink .

Chief, there used to be a Yahoogroup/mailinglist for Tommy. It was set up back in the day when he was touring, and as it started to got spammed badly and there was low "real" traffic, it was given up in favor of tommystinsonforum.com . I got the info about the movies & stuff from there (and I think I read an Interview with Tommy about it too, maybe it was on the list/forum too).

Yeah, I started to see that there was a lack of forums dedicated to Tommy.  Plenty for GN'R and The Replacements, but none specifically for Tommy.  I knew of the Yahoo Group, but I've never liked those things, so decided it was about time someone made one.  That someone being me. rofl  The next month, I got a message from Tommy's webmaster letting me know that he was going to tell Tommy that he was changing the link on his website over... and then it wasn't long after that before the Yahoo Group was disbanded completely.  We don't get a huge amount of traffic over there (which is nice, because I was afraid I'd get thrown in at the deep end. lol), but we have got some really cool members, all friendly.  So far have had none of the hassle I've seen other admins have to put up with.
New members are always welcome.

Anyway back onto Tommy... now that he's got a movie score under his belt, it'd be nice to see Tommy and Richard working together on a score for something.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2007, 10:32:54 AM »

What's also interesting to note about this album was that Stinson brought the majority of these songs forward to GN'R,

a.
that is not true..

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2007, 01:27:02 PM »

/jarmo

Damnit. I totally forgot about that one too. Thanks for the reminder.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2007, 01:32:34 PM »

/jarmo

That score was one of the only three good things about that movie .

Damnit. I totally forgot about that one too. Thanks for the reminder.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: