Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:41:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Question About Material After Album Release?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question About Material After Album Release?  (Read 3203 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« on: May 07, 2007, 06:46:24 PM »

I was on the way home from work today listening to nothing in particular when I started wondering about the creative process involved with Chinese Democracy.

I know that the community seems very devided on songs being leaked before they're finished, but alot of people are going to love to compare them to the finished product and what not when it's finally available.

We are also being told that there are more demos and unfinished product in the hands of other people besides Guns N' Roses, so here's my question:

If they decide to keep them to themselves for whatever reason, do you think those people should share those demos after the CD is finally released?

I do.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 06:48:24 PM »

I think the band should release them as singles, ala Don't Cry, etc. as imports or whatever.

edit:

Either way they'll be lossless and sound much better.

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 08:46:30 PM »

Yep. I was thinking the single idea would work too.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 10:57:06 PM »

Where did all the demos from the Appetite and UYI days come from?  Did the band release those willingly?  If so, I'd say leave it up to the band.  Whatever they want us to hear, we hear.  If not, let history repeat itself.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
nyd
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 11:01:33 PM »

I'd be happy if they allowed fans to download them through the online store  Smiley I'm not into buying singles and all that bullshit
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 11:03:34 PM »

Where did all the demos from the Appetite and UYI days come from?  Did the band release those willingly?  If so, I'd say leave it up to the band.  Whatever they want us to hear, we hear.  If not, let history repeat itself.

Nope. John M [from gnrontour.com] had/has contact with a roadie and that's how we got most of 'em.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 11:10:43 PM »

Where did all the demos from the Appetite and UYI days come from?? Did the band release those willingly?? If so, I'd say leave it up to the band.? Whatever they want us to hear, we hear.? If not, let history repeat itself.

Nope. John M [from gnrontour.com] had/has contact with a roadie and that's how we got most of 'em.

Ok cool. I'd take 'em either way to be honest. If I'm allowed to pay for them I will, I'd just like to hear more and more insight into their creation.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 11:38:28 PM »

I don't really see why the band would have a problem with releasing demos AFTER the finished product is released.  It just shows the evolution of a song.  Listening to some of the old demos from Appetite/UYI's it's interesting to see how they ended up. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 08:53:12 AM »

I don't really see why the band would have a problem with releasing demos AFTER the finished product is released.? It just shows the evolution of a song.? Listening to some of the old demos from Appetite/UYI's it's interesting to see how they ended up.?

Oh I agree. That's why I'm so interested. I haven't heard too much of the Appetite stuff but the UYI stuff I've heard was way different in demo form from the finished product.

Although, I have to say, I really don't think alot of the stuff we've heard now will change much before release.

hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 10:51:49 AM »

if these new leaks are rough demos as guns n roses loves to keep telling us, and the real songs on the album will be better, then they better have something to back that up because these sound great. all of them except for IRS sound finished and awesome, so the excuse that they don't want poor quality demos of the songs going around and giving people a bad impression of CD is a really weak excuse unless the final rpoduct is something unbelievably amazing.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 12:00:47 PM »

. . . so the excuse that they don't want poor quality demos of the songs going around and giving people a bad impression of CD is a really weak excuse unless the final rpoduct is something unbelievably amazing.

It's THEIR material, so who are we to judge what they do and don't consider to be quality?  Frustrating as it can be, we're not really owed any explanations . . .
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 12:04:16 PM »

. . . so the excuse that they don't want poor quality demos of the songs going around and giving people a bad impression of CD is a really weak excuse unless the final rpoduct is something unbelievably amazing.

It's THEIR material, so who are we to judge what they do and don't consider to be quality?? Frustrating as it can be, we're not really owed any explanations . . .

yea it's their material but it will be the public who judges what is quality. All I'm saying is the final versions must be out of this world if they are better than the demos, because the demos are awesome!
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 12:07:05 PM »

It's THEIR material, so who are we to judge what they do and don't consider to be quality?? Frustrating as it can be, we're not really owed any explanations . . .

yea it's their material but it will be the public who judges what is quality. All I'm saying is the final versions must be out of this world if they are better than the demos, because the demos are awesome!

I just don't think there's any way in the world you will see the band ever 'officially' release these leaks . . .
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 12:49:23 PM »

I just don't think there's any way in the world you will see the band ever 'officially' release these leaks . . .

maybe I'm not explaining myself well....I don't want them to officially release the leaks and I don't think they should, I'm just saying  the final versions that they will release on CD will be unbelievably good, because they are supposed to be better than these leaks which already sound amazing.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 01:01:02 PM »

Maybe if Axl realizes he can make money that way.? Then he could fund the recording and mixing of Chinese Democracy II.

Honestly, at this point I'd probably be just as interested in a collection of Demos as I would with the album.? It'd be pretty interesting to get a window into Axl's creative process... like how these songs evolve and who comes up with what ideas.

But I'm a fanatical Axl fan.  Most people would find that stuff pretty boring.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 01:02:53 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 04:13:34 PM »

Maybe if Axl realizes he can make money that way.? Then he could fund the recording and mixing of Chinese Democracy II.

Honestly, at this point I'd probably be just as interested in a collection of Demos as I would with the album.? It'd be pretty interesting to get a window into Axl's creative process... like how these songs evolve and who comes up with what ideas.

But I'm a fanatical Axl fan.? Most people would find that stuff pretty boring.

I just wonder if the people who have it will let it go once the album comes out?

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 09:21:32 PM »

If the album is huge, there will be a market for the demos (people can make money) and we will see demos leaked. If for some reason, highly unlikely, the album  bombs,  then no market, no leaks of demos.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 09:00:49 AM »

If the album is huge, there will be a market for the demos (people can make money) and we will see demos leaked. If for some reason, highly unlikely, the album? bombs,? then no market, no leaks of demos.

If it bombs I'd say they'll still get leaked. I would imagine a commercial failure would only effect a legitimate release of them, right?

RobinFinck
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 09:06:08 AM »

Regardless of what happens, whether the CD is released or not, someone will inevitably at some point leak those tracks to the general online community, maybe on the day of the official cd release...but regardless, some angry Portugese man will leak the songs to give himself a moment of power over

Think of it this way, did you ever think that you would hear a studio version of The Blues, its only taken 6 years....but here we are beer
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 02:58:21 PM »

Since there's Itunes, it would be nice to see alternative versions etc. on sale in a GN'R Itunes store somewhere along the line.

As a way to beat the bootleggers and leakers while at the same time giving the hardcore fans an opportunity to hear things that might not be ready for a "real" album release.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: