Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 12:18:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the GNR underground discovered about the leaksers, and the hoarders...
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the GNR underground discovered about the leaksers, and the hoarders...  (Read 277033 times)
MisterSaintLaurent
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #820 on: May 07, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »

for people that complain about my ego . . .

i am who i am. i did not sugarcoat what i wrote to make myself look better. i am a lot of things. very intelligent, egotistical, delusional, mentally ill, humorous, charming, full of shit, caring, selfish, etc. everyone has good and bad qualities, i am not an exception. i ran away from home at 15 to play rock n' roll and to wrestle. i've lived a crazy life. i'm 24 now. if what i wrote makes me seem like an egomaniac, it's because i probably am one. i make my living playing music, performing poetry, wrestling, juggling on the street, etc. i am an attention whore. most artists are. it is what drives us to create.

i knew full well that listing my IQ at the beginning of the story would make some people not like me, but i did it anyway because it was an essential part of the story. i thought to myself, "i'm a genius, maybe i can get us some songs." that is why i did what i did and i didn't want to lie about it. so dislike me all you want, but the same personality traits you despise are the traits that led to us getting the music.

rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #821 on: May 07, 2007, 12:27:02 PM »

Oh ive read the first 12 pages of this thread and im not reading anymore but this is great. MisterSaintLaurent great work  ok.

"to live with fortune and fame"
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #822 on: May 07, 2007, 12:28:29 PM »

my cell phone being part of a family contract does not mean i live with my family. sometimes when you try to read between the lines, you end up reading lines that aren't true.
after all the shit that has gone on, THIS is all you want to clarify?? Roll Eyes

Ofcourse, that hurts the most...

what's the big deal even if he does live with his parents?Huh? i dont understand ?why you are attacking this guy .........

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #823 on: May 07, 2007, 12:33:17 PM »

my cell phone being part of a family contract does not mean i live with my family. sometimes when you try to read between the lines, you end up reading lines that aren't true.
after all the shit that has gone on, THIS is all you want to clarify?? Roll Eyes

what's the big deal even if he does live with his parents?Huh? i dont understand  why you are attacking this guy .........

No big deal. That was irony.

It's very common to live with your parents in Greece. But he's not Greek, is he?

flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #824 on: May 07, 2007, 12:37:26 PM »

So we know there are 7 songs so far , how m,any will be on this "album ",12 ?

...Is all this bitching at each other worth 5 songs ?
MisterSaintLaurent
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #825 on: May 07, 2007, 12:38:05 PM »

i live with my tag team partner in a house we bought here in orlando. we are both still in college. i did not realize it is so strange to have your cell phone on your family's plan, maybe things are different around the world. i've talked to so many people these past two weeks in so many different countries. it has been very interesting. i've learned a lot. i also want to make it clear that i have nothing against the people of portugal and i realize the portugal cabal was an isolated group of people that is not representative of everyone else in their country.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #826 on: May 07, 2007, 12:39:01 PM »

what's the big deal even if he does live with his parents?Huh? i dont understand ?why you are attacking this guy .........

No big deal. That was irony.

It's very common to live with your parents in Greece. But he's not Greek, is he?

OMG ! Christos lives with his parents !!!!!!!!?Huh?1111!oneoneone?!!!!

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #827 on: May 07, 2007, 12:39:50 PM »

i live with my tag team partner in a house we bought here in orlando. we are both still in college. i did not realize it is so strange to have your cell phone on your family's plan, maybe things are different around the world. i've talked to so many people these past two weeks in so many different countries. it has been very interesting. i've learned a lot. i also want to make it clear that i have nothing against the people of portugal and i realize the portugal cabal was an isolated group of people that is not representative of everyone else in their country.

you ........... wrestle ..... swweeeeeettttttt.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #828 on: May 07, 2007, 12:44:41 PM »

And are you Darkmous,(or was it Darkmaus? Huh ) MisterSaintLaurent?
I think you haven't denied that yet.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #829 on: May 07, 2007, 12:44:53 PM »

for people that complain about my ego . . .

i am who i am. i did not sugarcoat what i wrote to make myself look better. i am a lot of things. very intelligent, egotistical, delusional, mentally ill, humorous, charming, full of shit, caring, selfish, etc. everyone has good and bad qualities, i am not an exception. i ran away from home at 15 to play rock n' roll and to wrestle. i've lived a crazy life. i'm 24 now. if what i wrote makes me seem like an egomaniac, it's because i probably am one. i make my living playing music, performing poetry, wrestling, juggling on the street, etc. i am an attention whore. most artists are. it is what drives us to create.

i knew full well that listing my IQ at the beginning of the story would make some people not like me, but i did it anyway because it was an essential part of the story. i thought to myself, "i'm a genius, maybe i can get us some songs." that is why i did what i did and i didn't want to lie about it. so dislike me all you want, but the same personality traits you despise are the traits that led to us getting the music.

I think you're a cool dude, and I've been entertainied as hell by your story and the idea of a genius pro-wrestler/poet/writer/street performer... but I don't really think the number 155 needed to show up in your story for me to understand how you go the leaks.

But I can understand that you're proud of being very smart. ?Intelligence can be a liability growing up. ?It can isolate you. ?Now your intelligence has been used to get friends and admiration. ?It probably feels really good. ?

I think you should be allowed to brag.

I just wish you didn't feel the need to drag Jarmo into all this. ?Like the guy doesn't have enough shit to shovel on a daily basis.

But I can understand why you'd want to take a shot at Jarmo. ?I used to do it too. ?I was just jealous of his power and position of influence in the community. ?I think you probably feel the same way.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #830 on: May 07, 2007, 12:46:22 PM »

anyways all of this is rather unimportant.

Did management contact you yet?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #831 on: May 07, 2007, 12:51:22 PM »

I don't think your iq thing bothered people so much as
there're at least a few board members here who claim to have iqs above 200.
MisterSaintLaurent
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #832 on: May 07, 2007, 12:52:55 PM »

And are you Darkmous,(or was it Darkmaus? Huh ) MisterSaintLaurent?
I think you haven't denied that yet.

i am not darknemus. i am mister saint laurent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Saint_Laurent

http://www.myspace.com/mistersaintlaurent

MisterSaintLaurent
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #833 on: May 07, 2007, 01:00:12 PM »

I think you're a cool dude, and I've been entertainied as hell by your story and the idea of a genius pro-wrestler/poet/writer/street performer... but I don't really think the number 155 needed to show up in your story for me to understand how you go the leaks.

then you are free to critique my story the way you would critique any other short story. i wanted a dramatic attention getter at the beginning before rewinding in time and rebuilding to a climax. criticize the art, not the artist.

But I can understand that you're proud of being very smart. ?Intelligence can be a liability growing up. ?It can isolate you. ?Now your intelligence has been used to get friends and admiration. ?It probably feels really good.

it had nothing to do with being proud, it had to do with giving the reader insight into how i think. i am not proud of being a cliche. the old "insane genius" routine is old and tired. it just happens to be who i am. it is nothing new. i often wish i could just be a regular person.

?
I think you should be allowed to brag.

I just wish you didn't feel the need to drag Jarmo into all this. ?Like the guy doesn't have enough shit to shovel on a daily basis.

But I can understand why you'd want to take a shot at Jarmo. ?I used to do it too. ?I was just jealous of his power and position of influence in the community. ?I think you probably feel the same way.

i have nothing against jarmo and don't even really know who he is. everyone needs to understand that before this all happened, i barely read GNR sites. all i did was write what mr. portugal told me on the phone. "the whole story" is 100% the truth and i did not intentionally try to make anybody look any better or wose, myself included. i read the story now and laugh at how bad some of it makes me. i had no idea it would be some huge thing that jarmo happens to be friends with mr. portugal.

MisterSaintLaurent
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #834 on: May 07, 2007, 01:07:45 PM »

I don't think your iq thing bothered people so much as
there're at least a few board members here who claim to have iqs above 200.

you do realize that IQs above 200 are present in only 1 out of every 11 billion people . . .

do not believe IQ claims on the internet. people lying about their IQ online is something i personally find to be hilarious. it's one of the reasons i listed mine, as i knew it would result in others listing theirs as well. someone with my intelligence is about 1 in 10,000 people. within minutes there were dozens bragging about IQs in the 160s. i just personally have always enjoyed reading those type of posts. i realize not everyone shares my sense of humor . . .

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #835 on: May 07, 2007, 01:10:10 PM »

it had nothing to do with being proud, it had to do with giving the reader insight into how i think. i am not proud of being a cliche. the old "insane genius" routine is old and tired. it just happens to be who i am. it is nothing new. i often wish i could just be a regular person.

don't worry, you are.

do wreslters actually hit the opponent? or is it fake?
do you have like a mask or a theme for your costume? what's your fighting style? i like king fu.

you're cool.

ps: og, and iqs dont mean shit. there are many many papers that came out , even recently, destroying the super fame of IQs ...

MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #836 on: May 07, 2007, 01:17:41 PM »

then you are free to critique my story the way you would critique any other short story. i wanted a dramatic attention getter at the beginning before rewinding in time and rebuilding to a climax. criticize the art, not the artist.

Yeah, I thought I did critique your story. ?I write stories for a living.

If I was writing a story about a professional wrestler/poet/writer/street performer who goes on a quest to get Axl's leaked CD songs, I bet I could find a more "dramatic attention getter" for the first sentence. ?Seriously... all the things you mentioned about your life seem way more "attention getting" than the number 155. ?I also don't really see how 155 ties into your story's climax. ?Maybe I'm too dumb to get that little plant/pay-off.

And I don't buy your false modesty about wanting to be normal. ?There are plenty of ways to make yourself stupider -- drug abuse, head injuries, prime time TV. ?There might be some annoying things that come along with being bright. ?But don't kid yourself... you're pretty happy being who you are. ?I know I would be.

I don't see why it's so hard for you to admit that you're proud of your IQ. ?There's no shame in being proud of your intelligence. ?After all, you did think it would be the most awesome and exciting way to begin a story that really has more to do with Axl Rose, a secret society of GNR fans in Portugal, and professional wrestling anyways.

But I'm not trying to argue with you. ?I really think what you've done is amusing as hell. ?It's given everybody something to talk about during the lastest insulting round of cancelled shows, album delays and slience from Axl.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #837 on: May 07, 2007, 01:21:39 PM »

ps: og, and iqs dont mean shit.

And every test your iq changes.  hihi
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #838 on: May 07, 2007, 01:23:59 PM »

Yeah, but there's no denying that this guy is really bright.  I wouldn't waste time trying to make him look dumb.  He's not.

The ego is one thing, but he totally cops to it.  And he's right -- artists and performers are egomaniacs.  They have to be.  They think they've got something so wonderful and so special that other people should pay them for it.  The need for attention and adulation drives them.

Shit, just look at Axl.

MisterSaintLaurent
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #839 on: May 07, 2007, 01:26:50 PM »

i am not interested in becoming stupider. have never touched drugs in my life. i wrote the things the way i did to give the reader some insight into how my mind works. if you come away from my story thinking, "man, that guy is kind of full of himself" that is ok. i know that i am. i want you to picture this please:

i am on the couch. i am thinking to myself that all my life i've been told i am a genius. i then decide that if outsmarting people is the only way to get songs, maybe i am the man for the job. i then do what i did.

how do i then tell my story honestly without immediately mentioning my level of intelligence if my level of intelligence is the main reason i decided to do what i did? i said what i said in my story because it was the truth, not because i thought it would make me look good. i honestly thought to myself "my iq is 155, i'm supposed to be a genius, i should get off my lazy ass and get these songs for everyone."

now granted, only an egomaniac would think in those terms. so fine, call me an egomaniac. i am what i am. i do not shy away from it. just don't think to yourself "this guy has no idea how arrogant he seems."

trust me, i am fully aware. it is a problem i should work on, but at the same time, my arrogance got us the songs, so hopefully my good deeds and my bad deeds can leave you with a neutral opinion of who i am as a person.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: