Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 12:34:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the GNR underground discovered about the leaksers, and the hoarders...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the GNR underground discovered about the leaksers, and the hoarders...  (Read 277079 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #300 on: May 06, 2007, 12:13:39 PM »

Who are you to judge if someone's art should be released before he's done with it?

Funny you should mention making judgements. That was part of my original point. Unlike alot of "leadership" on various boards, I'm not making judgements. I'm saying I'm a GNR fan and I really enjoy hearing any news material I can in any form.

You still haven't answered my last question.

Sure did....my answer was "I'm not making any judgements"

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #301 on: May 06, 2007, 12:14:39 PM »

the topic is starting to bore me

...moving on

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
DarkVirus
Opening Act

Here Today...Gone To Heaven!

« Reply #302 on: May 06, 2007, 12:15:53 PM »

Kudos to Jarmo/Mods for leaving this thread open.

Actually.....I didn't take time to think about that fact either.

Thank you!

Theres not much he can do? If this thread was taken down or deleted that would make Jarmo look even worse , the man needs a chance to explain himself
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #303 on: May 06, 2007, 12:18:23 PM »

Ok, it looks like Axl will have to write and offically release a kick arse song about the issues he has with leaks so that all his fan base will get it.......... Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
highvoltage
Headliner

MYGNRFORUM Admin

« Reply #304 on: May 06, 2007, 12:18:55 PM »

hihi

Honestly, the reaction over a letter. Priceless. ok

This coming from the guy who said this at mygnr:

Oh yeah... and the Jarmo thing... wow. Who woulda thunk it? Madison's copped a whole heap of shit for getting in arguments with Jarmo and running our board the way it should be run. It's kind of nice to know that everyone has their "little" flaws.

Now that's what's priceless  Roll Eyes
Did you have a point in there?

Angus Young - AC/DC
"I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same, when in fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same."
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #305 on: May 06, 2007, 12:20:09 PM »

Ok, it looks like Axl will have to...offically release a kick arse song...

Yep. He sure does have to do that...  rofl

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Voxy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #306 on: May 06, 2007, 12:20:26 PM »

This thread is like reading Days of Our Fucking Lives!
It would be a shame if Axl was to actually read any of this dribble unfolding. ?
Its pretty bad that leakers are stealing the mans thunder, considering Axls spent 14 away "working" on his (masterpiece) album. ?Id be pissed!

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #307 on: May 06, 2007, 12:20:38 PM »

Who are you to judge if someone's art should be released before he's done with it?

Funny you should mention making judgements. That was part of my original point. Unlike alot of "leadership" on various boards, I'm not making judgements. I'm saying I'm a GNR fan and I really enjoy hearing any news material I can in any form.

"Since everything to do with art is opinion based, there's just no way for this to be a fact."

You're saying that the artist's opinion doesn't matter. If others think the art is good, it should be released.

Isn't that judging?

November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #308 on: May 06, 2007, 12:22:18 PM »

Ok, it looks like Axl will have to write and offically release a kick arse song about the issues he has with leaks so that all his fan base will get it.......... Roll Eyes
Get in the ring part II. Or better, Get in the leak hihi

And I agree with what Christos said, who are you (the leakers) to release the artist?s work  without his consent?

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #309 on: May 06, 2007, 12:22:45 PM »

"Since everything to do with art is opinion based, there's just no way for this to be a fact."

You're saying that the artist's opinion doesn't matter. If others think the art is good, it should be released.

Isn't that judging?

None of us know Axl Rose's opinion on anything really.

MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #310 on: May 06, 2007, 12:22:54 PM »

I'll defend Jarmo!

What the fuck do you expect him to do? ?Not download a leak that's sent to him? ?Of course he's going to listen to it.

Because of the access his site enjoys with the band -- access that each and every one of us benefits from -- he has to play by their rules. ?No leaks posted. ?No requests. ?He's gotta tow the company line on that or get shut down -- just like our Chris Pitman fan site got shut down.

Fretting about leaks one way or another is SIMPLY RETARDED. ?No matter how much Axl panics and sweats, the CAN NOT STOP THE SPREAD OF LEAKS.

Wait a minute, let me repeat that... AXL CAN NOT STOP THE SPREAD OF LEAKS. ?Nobody can. ?Times have changed. ?Axl likes control, but this is one instance in which just being Lord Axl Rose isn't enough.

Don't blame Jarmo. ?He's taken shit for years -- tons of shit -- shit from assholes like me -- and all he's ever tried to do is support and defend his favorite rock star. ?If you think it's hypocritical that he'd listen to leaks while not allowing them in his forum, you might have a point. ?I guess... But here's a bigger point -- WHO GIVES A FUCK?

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #311 on: May 06, 2007, 12:23:14 PM »

You people never get it.

This is not the finished product.

Putting out songs that are not finished only harm the band.

Yeah, I've heard these leaks, and I decided that I'm not gonna buy any CD-s of Guns N' Roses in the future, and furthermore, I threw my other GNR cd-s in the garbage along with my DVD-s and T-shirts.

What harm can they cause, really? Everyone is buying the album anyways, and it just gave me faith that it's gonna be kickass.

It's not so much what harm but harm to what.  And that what, is GNR's reputation.  I'm sure you've heard the saying that you don't get a second chance to make a good first impression, well, what kind of first impression are non-GNR fans going to get about CD when they hear the leaks (which are bound to spread like wildfire)?  The majority of them won't stop to consider, or care, whether or not they're the finished product, they'll be only to pleased to spread the word about the sub-standard efforts of Axl and the boys - and then it'll be the true fans who suffer when negative attitudes in the press and by word-of-mouth affect album sales and touring prospects.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #312 on: May 06, 2007, 12:23:42 PM »

Yep. He sure does have to do that...? rofl

And here is another example of someone just not getting it.......Looks like you don't really want to understand this issue......... no

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #313 on: May 06, 2007, 12:24:14 PM »

Theres not much he can do? If this thread was taken down or deleted that would make Jarmo look even worse , the man needs a chance to explain himself
What do you mean? He is against leaks, he respect the artists wishes.
I guess he should do a complete crossover cause some internet-geek sends him leaks and wanna join an club he thinks exist? Or to be popular?

HTGTH has always been what separate from the other sites..integrity.

I' fine with leaks, the more the merrier for me...but it IS illegal, and those who are against it are entitled to be that without being called assholes.
That means that both sides are both right and wrong.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #314 on: May 06, 2007, 12:25:07 PM »

And here is another example of someone just not getting it.......Looks like you don't really want to understand this issue......... no

Hahaha....such high horses..... maybe it's not so much "no getting it" as having a difference of opinion

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #315 on: May 06, 2007, 12:27:22 PM »

Isn't that judging?

So, does that justify you to release his art?

maybe it's not so much "no getting it" as having a difference of opinion

I don't see an opinion in your answers... All I see is someone trying to avoid giving a proper answer to my questions...

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2007, 12:28:44 PM »

Hahaha....such high horses..... maybe it's not so much "no getting it" as having a difference of opinion

This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a matter of right and wrong - yes, on a much higher level.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #317 on: May 06, 2007, 12:28:54 PM »

I'll defend Jarmo!

What the fuck do you expect him to do?  Not download a leak that's sent to him?  Of course he's going to listen to it.

Because of the access his site enjoys with the band -- access that each and every one of us benefits from -- he has to play by their rules.  No leaks posted.  No requests.  He's gotta tow the company line on that or get shut down -- just like our Chris Pitman fan site got shut down.

Fretting about leaks one way or another is SIMPLY RETARDED.  No matter how much Axl panics and sweats, the CAN NOT STOP THE SPREAD OF LEAKS.

Wait a minute, let me repeat that... AXL CAN NOT STOP THE SPREAD OF LEAKS.  Nobody can.  Times have changed.  Axl likes control, but this is one instance in which just being Lord Axl Rose isn't enough.

Don't blame Jarmo.  He's taken shit for years -- tons of shit -- shit from assholes like me -- and all he's ever tried to do is support and defend his favorite rock star.  If you think it's hypocritical that he'd listen to leaks while not allowing them in his forum, you might have a point.  I guess... But here's a bigger point -- WHO GIVES A FUCK?

Exactly the way I see it...though it should not be our job to say these things:)Smiley The man can write for himself I guess:)
And one has to consider how hard it is to defend Axl anyways! I mean usually that band does not exactly support their supporters very much; to say it in a cautious way:)Smiley
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #318 on: May 06, 2007, 12:29:10 PM »

Isn't that judging?

I think him having his lawyers sending out letters regarding the leaks gives a pretty good idea that he doesn't want them out there.
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #319 on: May 06, 2007, 12:29:15 PM »

Actually, from my experiences, the majority of people don't even know GN'R exsists anymore, not one person I've talked to knew anything about CD or GN'R since 1992, and I talk about GN'R alot.

At least over here anyway.

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: