Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 11:43:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the GNR underground discovered about the leaksers, and the hoarders...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the GNR underground discovered about the leaksers, and the hoarders...  (Read 276921 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #280 on: May 06, 2007, 12:03:32 PM »

You people never get it.

This is not the finished product.

Putting out songs that are not finished can only harm the band.

But what am I saying, it's not like you'll get it this time...
I completely disagree with that idea.

And hopefully I'd like to take this opportunity to express an opinion that I hopefully won't receive negative karma for:

The first line your post is one giant problem myself and others have with this board. "You people never get it". No.... it's not a matter of people "getting it" or not. That is your opinion. Alot of the mods on here seem to post things like this acting as if it's fact.

It's not. It's your opinion and I thought the very idea of a forum was for people to have discussions that often times would include differences of opinion.

No, it's not my opinion. It's a fact.

If an artist doesn't want to release his art cause he thinks it's not good enough YET, then his art shouldn't be released.

And don't start with "he should have released it a million years ago".

Noone has any idea about the reasons this album has taken a long time to get released.

Since everything to do with art is opinion based, there's just no way for this to be a fact.

I'll try one last time.

IF AN ARTIST DOESN'T WANT HIS ART RELEASED, CAUSE HE KNOWS IT'S NOT DONE YET, YOU DON'T RELEASE IT.

FACT.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #281 on: May 06, 2007, 12:03:45 PM »

You people never get it.

And hopefully I'd like to take this opportunity to express an opinion that I hopefully won't receive negative karma for:

The first line your post is one giant problem myself and others have with this board. "You people never get it". No.... it's not a matter of people "getting it" or not. That is your opinion. Alot of the mods on here seem to post things like this acting as if it's fact.

It's not. It's your opinion and I thought the very idea of a forum was for people to have discussions that often times would include differences of opinion.

If an artist doesn't want to release his art cause he thinks it's not good enough YET, then his art shouldn't be released.

Noone has any idea about the reasons this album has taken a long time to get released.

Since everything to do with art is opinion based, there's just no way for this to be a fact.

Not in this case man. We all know the band doesn't want unfinished songs to get out, don't you think we should respect that? Or are we not loyal fans anymore? When have we crossed the line from loyal fan to greedy bastards?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #282 on: May 06, 2007, 12:04:49 PM »

Christos AG > fans listening to unfinished tracks DOES not harm the band. THAT is a fact.
do not focus on the 2 or 3 kids that are complaining about the bad quality of the leaks.

Songs not done should not get leaked cause people will play them on radio stations and the general audience will jump to conclusions based on unfinished products.

Good enough?

Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #283 on: May 06, 2007, 12:05:43 PM »

IF AN ARTIST DOESN'T WANT HIS ART RELEASED, CAUSE HE KNOWS IT'S NOT DONE YET, YOU DON'T RELEASE IT.

FACT.

The songs were leaked of a CD Axl (or another band member) carried around!

He let fricking Bach and Bubbles listen to it!!!

Like peeing clouds!
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #284 on: May 06, 2007, 12:05:50 PM »

we're about to get Sarkozy as president, i'm not having fun at all Sad

that's a real shame, but maybe the best of the worst?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #285 on: May 06, 2007, 12:06:20 PM »

You people never get it.

I'll try one last time.

FACT.

Yelling at me doesn't help the cause either. I'm just saying I disagree with your "fact".

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #286 on: May 06, 2007, 12:06:48 PM »

FACT.

The songs were leaked of a CD Axl (or another band member) carried around!

He let fricking Bach and Bubbles listen to it!!!

And you know that how?

highvoltage
Headliner

MYGNRFORUM Admin

« Reply #287 on: May 06, 2007, 12:07:58 PM »

hihi

Honestly, the reaction over a letter. Priceless. ok

Angus Young - AC/DC
"I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same, when in fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same."
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #288 on: May 06, 2007, 12:08:01 PM »

Do you like Axl? Do you want to respect his wishes? Do you want him spending time employing lawyers rather than make music?

We love GnR that is why we are here. Hence GnR are a rock band it is about music. And hell he got 14 years to make music and it must have been clear for everybody that some demos will eventually leak. And actually there is not so much time you need to spend to employ a lawyer, cause I am pretty sure once you told them to look out for copyright infringements, they will their aids to do so constantly without telling them each time to do so:)Smiley

And damn, it is not about GnR against the world, it is about GnR with the fans. I understand the intention of a perfectionist like Axl to not want demos circulating, but in the end he can`t win. I mean seriously, if he was so concerned about somone stealing his music, he would not play it in random strip clubs or have his fellow band members have copies of CD at home....

Release the damn album, then everybody except a few notorious whiners will be happy.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #289 on: May 06, 2007, 12:08:09 PM »

You people never get it.

I'll try one last time.

FACT.

Yelling at me doesn't help the cause either. I'm just saying I disagree with your "fact".

Who are you to judge if someone's art should be released before he's done with it?

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #290 on: May 06, 2007, 12:08:40 PM »

Some things in life are inherently wrong. Leaks are wrong. That's it. Get used to the idea. Do not try and justify it.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #291 on: May 06, 2007, 12:09:01 PM »

You people never get it.

Not in this case man. We all know the band doesn't want unfinished songs to get out, don't you think we should respect that? Or are we not loyal fans anymore? When have we crossed the line from loyal fan to greedy bastards?

I love how someones status as a real GNR fan gets called into question or they get called a greedy bastard for wanting to hear the leaks.

I'm a fan of Guns N' Roses and their music. I'd like to hear as much of it as possible in any form available. I do not believe this makes me less of a fan nor a greedy bastard.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #292 on: May 06, 2007, 12:09:51 PM »

hihi

Honestly, the reaction over a letter. Priceless. ok

This coming from the guy who said this at mygnr:

Oh yeah... and the Jarmo thing... wow. Who woulda thunk it? Madison's copped a whole heap of shit for getting in arguments with Jarmo and running our board the way it should be run. It's kind of nice to know that everyone has their "little" flaws.

Now that's what's priceless  Roll Eyes
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2007, 12:10:52 PM »

You people never get it.

I'll try one last time.

FACT.

Who are you to judge if someone's art should be released before he's done with it?

Funny you should mention making judgements. That was part of my original point. Unlike alot of "leadership" on various boards, I'm not making judgements. I'm saying I'm a GNR fan and I really enjoy hearing any news material I can in any form.

nyd
« Reply #294 on: May 06, 2007, 12:11:29 PM »

Kudos to Jarmo/Mods for leaving this thread open.

I don't see what all the fuss is about - if Jarmo has had the leaks for a couple of months it should be considered payment for looking after HTGTH all these years. Running a fansite can become a full time job, with very little reward ~ especially when people have now jumped down his throat without first hearing his side of the story.

I thank MSL for the leaks but his self-praising story was too much for me, and his being praised a "god" is just laughable.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2007, 12:11:54 PM »

You people never get it.

I'll try one last time.

FACT.

Funny you should mention making judgements. That was part of my original point. Unlike alot of "leadership" on various boards, I'm not making judgements. I'm saying I'm a GNR fan and I really enjoy hearing any news material I can in any form.

You still haven't answered my last question.

.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2007, 12:12:27 PM »

Axl is reaping the bed he sowed. He created this situation, and it is his fault that it is even happening. When he deceieved everyone on the album release last year, only to let the truth be known when it wouldn't affect concert ticket sales when he knew months earlier it wasn't coming out did the tide seem to turn against him. That was the first clue to alot of people that he was more interested in his bank account than the integrity of the project.

Exactly when did he decieve the fanbase about a release date?  Or dont you know what 'tentative' means?
"CD will be released 2006" ever heard that? At least I heard it a couple of times during 2006 (in various forms of course).. And Im by no means saying Axl deceived anyone, he has his own way of doing things and that's it, but he did a lot of people down.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 12:14:48 PM by .Seal » Logged

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2007, 12:12:32 PM »

Kudos to Jarmo/Mods for leaving this thread open.

Actually.....I didn't take time to think about that fact either.

Thank you!

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #298 on: May 06, 2007, 12:12:48 PM »

You people never get it.

I love how someones status as a real GNR fan gets called into question or they get called a greedy bastard for wanting to hear the leaks.

Dude Im not talking about you personally, I'm talking about the entire fan base. If people are going to call for songs to get leaked then what else are we suppose to label them as besides greedy bastard?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2007, 12:12:55 PM »

lucky i solute you yes

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: