Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:04:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  UYI songs in concert
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: UYI songs in concert  (Read 5438 times)
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: May 05, 2007, 12:23:23 AM »

I'm sure it's been talked about (but at this point what hasn't been? Roll Eyes ), but in '02 and '06 they played very few songs from the UYI albums.? Why do you think that is?? My guess is to leave something 'untouched' just in case he ever played with the old band again, or at least it would be cool if that were the reason.? Do you think that will change at all this year?? What song did you miss the most last year?  It'd sure been cool to see Izzy do Dust N Bones when he joined in!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 12:30:45 AM by bodine » Logged
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 12:59:33 AM »

If Axl played more UYI's song in the shows, we would have less Appetite's songs, so the question is, What do you prefer?,  more Appetite song or more UYI song, I prefer the firt opcion.

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 01:10:47 AM »

Well if we can't cut some of the many solos shorter to 'squeeze in' an extra song or two then I guess I'd honestly say leave out the new songs till there's an album? Shocked? but that's a whole different discussion.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 01:21:39 AM »

solos are necesary to axl

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 01:37:57 AM »

Well if we can't cut some of the many solos shorter to 'squeeze in' an extra song or two then I guess I'd honestly say leave out the new songs till there's an album? Shocked? but that's a whole different discussion.

I hope God is listening you or checking this forum (and Axl too) , Finck' solos are too Buring...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the Slash and Gilby's solos in 90' were so emotive and charming, but today, the Finck' s solo make me?asking, What the hell Finck wants express?  Huh Huh Huh
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 01:41:39 AM by Rocker_GNR » Logged

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 01:41:09 AM »

solos are necesary to axl

Then screw it they can play a little longer. ?He makes the fans wait till after midnight so that seems fair and reasonable. ?yes
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 01:44:57 AM by bodine » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 01:44:59 AM »

The solos are necesary for Axl to rest between songs, and to my ears, most of those guitar solos are awesome.

Robin's solo at Inland Invasion was magical.

Well if we can't cut some of the many solos shorter to 'squeeze in' an extra song or two then I guess I'd honestly say leave out the new songs till there's an album  Shocked  but that's a whole different discussion.

I hope God is listening you or checking this forum (and Axl too) , Finck' solos are too Buring...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the Slash and Gilby's solos in 90' were so emotive and charming, but today, the Fink' s make me  crying

It has to be hard for you to constantly read all the great comments and all the acceptance there is by GNR fans about Robin, uh?

Thank god Robin Finck is the current Guns N' Roses lead guitarist.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 01:49:39 AM »

My guess is to leave something 'untouched' just in case he ever played with the old band again

No way. Trust me. If with ''old band'' you're talking about the AFD lineup... zero chances. Luckily

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 01:52:38 AM »

My guess is to leave something 'untouched' just in case he ever played with the old band again

No way. Trust me. If with ''old band'' you're talking about the AFD lineup... zero chances. Luckily

How can you have any idea what might happen with this guy?  I'm not holding my breath but I wouldn't rule anything out.
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 01:54:54 AM »

The solos are necesary for Axl to rest between songs, and to my ears, most of those guitar solos are awesome.

Robin's solo at Inland Invasion was magical.

the Slash and Gilby's solos in 90' were so emotive and charming, but today, the Fink' s make me? crying

It has to be hard for you to constantly read all the great comments and all the acceptance there is by GNR fans about Robin, uh?

Thank god Robin Finck is the current Guns N' Roses lead guitarist.

no way, I don't like Robin finck, you know it, but I like Fortus and Bumble

badapple81
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 05:31:49 AM »

Solos most likely allow Axl time to go back stage and get some oxygen into him to keep that awesome voice he has going throughout the show, which you were complaining about in 02. So fuck off and stop your complaining!
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 04:00:40 PM »

I'm sure it's been talked about (but at this point what hasn't been? Roll Eyes ), but in '02 and '06 they played very few songs from the UYI albums.? Why do you think that is?? My guess is to leave something 'untouched' just in case he ever played with the old band again, or at least it would be cool if that were the reason.? Do you think that will change at all this year?? What song did you miss the most last year?? It'd sure been cool to see Izzy do Dust N Bones when he joined in!

Good point, I presume the reasons may be legal or Axl's dislike of the material.  I personally think that they should play at least 3 off every album and then some unreleased stuff like Crash Diet, SOYL although it was on vinyl years back think it was "It's So Easy" B-Side.
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 05:41:37 PM »

how bout bring it back home? Tommy could really shine on that!
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 05:57:09 PM »

I hear this complaint constantly but if you really look at a set list it's the UYI and Apetite songs are not that disproportionate (if you count the covers on UYI). I think it's like a 2:1 ratio with one Lies song and three CD

For example

October 24th, 2006 - Sunrise, FL @ BankAtlantic Center 
Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Piano Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Band Introductions, Richard Guitar Solo, Out Ta Get Me, Better, Piano Moving Jam, November Rain, IRS, Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain
Encores: Chinese Democracy, Paradise City

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 08:47:15 AM »

I hear this complaint constantly but if you really look at a set list it's the UYI and Apetite songs are not that disproportionate (if you count the covers on UYI). I think it's like a 2:1 ratio with one Lies song and three CD

For example

October 24th, 2006 - Sunrise, FL @ BankAtlantic Center?
Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Piano Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Band Introductions, Richard Guitar Solo, Out Ta Get Me, Better, Piano Moving Jam, November Rain, IRS, Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain

Complaint?  Why do people on here always gotta act like someone's bitching just cause there's stuff we miss hearing live?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 12:09:06 PM »

Somebody will always miss some song at the shows.

It's impossible to play a set that pleases 100% of the audience.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 02:06:38 PM »

Axl said in the Kurt Loder interview he wasn't happy with the way a lot of UYI came out-I think that's why a lot of it is not played-I tend to agree with him looking back-would like to hear Estranged, Don't Cry, but I'm happy with his setlists the last few tours

libertad
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 02:38:39 PM »

i think some songs are being saved for future tours. so the setlist won't be exactly the same next time you see them.
As a person who likes UYI far more than Appetite it upsets me alot that I don't get to hear my favorite songs live... even when I see tribute bands. I was jumping for joy when I saw a trib band play Don't Damn Me and Perfect Crime. Now I just wish I could see GNR play them.

If I had a say I would push for Estranged to be in every set.  but maybe they feel "The Blues" fullfills that slot.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 10:31:34 PM »

For example

October 24th, 2006 - Sunrise, FL @ BankAtlantic Center 

Complaint? Why do people on here always gotta act like someone's bitching just cause there's stuff we miss hearing live?

In your case it might not be a complaint, but trust me, there are a lot of complainers that mention this. Personally, I would love to hear the UYI stuff (and not the songs they do play), but I think the majority of non-Internet fans don't.

big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 12:31:41 PM »

don`t be stupid people .......the illusion are much better than appetite.....!!!!!!!!!!!!
more musical than just distortion and guitar....sometimes  i get bored...

appetite is awesome.....but illusion are master pieces

so THE FUCKING REASON AXL PLAYS APPETITE THE MOST IS THAT  EVERYBODY SAYS THAT APPETITE WAS THEIR BEST ALBUM.....so for axl should say fuck off....i`ll play more illusions
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: