Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:29:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash calls new album "Ear candy for the guitar aficionado!"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash calls new album "Ear candy for the guitar aficionado!"  (Read 60380 times)
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #220 on: May 08, 2007, 03:21:34 PM »

Guns N' Roses plays Guns N' Roses song except for 2 historic covers like LALD and KOHD...)
Guns N' Roses songs written by diffrent people than the current Guns N' Roses. Some would call that a "shameless ripoff" too.. I'm not one of those, though. GN'R does very good cover versions of the songs they've played on the last two tours Wink I haven't attended a VR concert but I beleive that they do also good covers of the songs they cover. Btw, in which concert of 12-13 songs have they played 6 covers?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #221 on: May 08, 2007, 03:28:05 PM »

Stop the fuckin' hijack and please do something with this guy, estebanf. Go to the Nu-GN'R section and express your love there - but it seems you are more interested in talking shit.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #222 on: May 08, 2007, 03:33:13 PM »

in which concert of 12-13 songs have they played 6 covers?
in this following among others..

the show is just finished, here?s the setlist!!!

Do It For The Kids
Let It Roll
Sucker Train Blues
Crackerman
Fall To Pieces
It's So Easy
She Builds Quick Machines
Wish You Were Here
Jamming Road house blues (the doors cover)

Set Me Free
Sex Type Thing
Mr. Brownstone

Slither
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #223 on: May 08, 2007, 03:33:37 PM »

Stop the fuckin' hijack and please do something with this guy, estebanf. Go to the Nu-GN'R section and express your love there - but it seems you are more interested in talking shit.

There is no "nu-GN'R" section just like there's no "people who were fired/quit and joined forces with a fraud poser" section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #224 on: May 08, 2007, 03:50:12 PM »

There is no "nu-GN'R" section just like there's no "people who were fired/quit and joined forces with a fraud poser" section.

/jarmo

Guess you're having joy when your minions ruin every VR thread, aren't you? Otherwise you would have deleted their useless and offtopic posts. Wait, some of these were made by you. How cool to be an admin  ok

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2007, 03:59:48 PM »

Guns N' Roses plays Guns N' Roses song except for 2 historic covers like LALD and KOHD...)
Btw, in which concert of 12-13 songs have they played 6 covers?

Exactly in the only one I attended, at the River Plate Stadium, last 15th of april.

ISE (GN'R) / Crackerman (STP) / Sex Type Thing (STP)/ Brownstone (GNR) / Roadhouse Blues (The Doors)/ Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)  ok

Sorry man, sorry for pointing something we all know but you dont like to read.

At least I'm not degrading the Guns N' Roses name (or any other band name)  with that ''Nu'' prefix.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #226 on: May 08, 2007, 04:14:17 PM »

Two things -

Covers:  6 is way too many for a band that has a 20 + song catalog.

The "fraud" tag - I've never really understood that accusation.  Can someone/anyone explain his/her thoughts on why Weiland should be labeled a "fraud"?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #227 on: May 08, 2007, 04:29:21 PM »

The "fraud" tag - I've never really understood that accusation.  Can someone/anyone explain his/her thoughts on why Weiland should be labeled a "fraud"?

He tries to be something he's not.

/jarmo

Guess you're having joy when your minions ruin every VR thread, aren't you? Otherwise you would have deleted their useless and offtopic posts. Wait, some of these were made by you. How cool to be an admin  ok

#1 - I have no minions.
#2 - If you insult GN'R on a GN'R board, be ready for stand up for what you did. "Nu-GN'R" my ass.
#3 - As far as I can tell, you like to blame others for the fact that you VR fans justify their so called greatness basically on the fact that they release albums.
#4 - I hardly ever moderate this section. If I did, a lot of bullshit would be removed. Bullshit that you enjoy talking about so it sounds like it's a bad idea.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #228 on: May 08, 2007, 05:08:41 PM »

Anything specific?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: May 08, 2007, 05:10:15 PM »

yeah if only he would get some cornrowed hair.

Scott is a lead singer.Lead singers  are supposed to say and do crazy shit. course I haven't seen scott bite some guy on the leg and get arrested for it yet. but give him some more time.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #230 on: May 08, 2007, 05:11:29 PM »

Besides of what Jarmo said (which I fully agree, I dont care if Im labeled as ''minion''), I will just quote what Slash (allegedly) said:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=27580.msg501618#msg501618

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman Scott Weiland has slammed GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose for his comments in a recent press release where he claimed that in October of 2005, VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash visited Axl's house at 5:30 one morning and said he wanted to "end the war" with Rose. Rose alleged that Slash tore into his current bandmates in VELVET REVOLVER, calling singer Weiland a "fraud," saying that he "hates" drummer Matt Sorum and describing bassist Duff McKagan as "spineless."

I will use the word ''allegedly'' to avoid further discussions. But I've never seen Slash (or his lawyers/manager/spokesman) making some kind of press release or something formal saying that this is bullshit. He only mentioned this in an [I dont remember what] almost anonymous radio.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 05:30:30 PM by estebanf » Logged

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #231 on: May 08, 2007, 05:17:33 PM »

I think you need to replace "apparently" with "allegedly".

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #232 on: May 08, 2007, 05:22:59 PM »

Thanks for the tip, i thought they were synonimous.
By the way, I have a very important english test next wednesday at University, and my learning method is posting in this forum  Grin Grin Wish me luck  Grin

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #233 on: May 08, 2007, 05:27:40 PM »

Thanks for the tip, i thought they were synonimous.
By the way, I have a very important english test next wednesday at University, and my learning method is posting in this forum? Grin Grin Wish me luck? Grin

Nope, they're quiet different in meaning.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

nightrain_st
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: May 08, 2007, 05:47:27 PM »

Besides of what Jarmo said (which I fully agree, I dont care if Im labeled as ''minion''), I will just quote what Slash (allegedly) said:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=27580.msg501618#msg501618

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman Scott Weiland has slammed GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose for his comments in a recent press release where he claimed that in October of 2005, VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash visited Axl's house at 5:30 one morning and said he wanted to "end the war" with Rose. Rose alleged that Slash tore into his current bandmates in VELVET REVOLVER, calling singer Weiland a "fraud," saying that he "hates" drummer Matt Sorum and describing bassist Duff McKagan as "spineless."

I will use the word ''allegedly'' to avoid further discussions. But I've never seen Slash (or his lawyers/manager/spokesman) making some kind of press release or something formal saying that this is bullshit. He only mentioned this in an [I dont remember what] almost anonymous radio.

c'mon Esteban, how many times have we discussed about this?
I put an interview of camp freddy radio, in that program Slash was the guest and you know very well that he talked about that witt Matt and Duff and he dennied everything!!!

look for some more arguments dude!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #235 on: May 08, 2007, 05:48:59 PM »

Who are you to tell someone they're using the wrong word? Roll Eyes?

Wink
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #236 on: May 08, 2007, 05:55:54 PM »

c'mon Esteban, how many times have we discussed about this?
I put an interview of camp freddy radio, in that program Slash was the guest and you know very well that he talked about that witt Matt and Duff and he dennied everything!!!

look for some more arguments dude!
That means nothing to me. If Axl was lying, Slash (trained on this subject) would have sued Axl, or he would have done a more serious reply than a verbal one in a radio that only you and a bunch of hardcore VR fans can know...

And Weiland's reply said it all... Roll Eyes

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #237 on: May 08, 2007, 06:00:20 PM »

Who are you to tell someone they're using the wrong word? Roll Eyes?

Wink

You're quite right.  LOL!!

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #238 on: May 08, 2007, 06:02:04 PM »

If Axl was lying, Slash (trained on this subject) would have sued Axl

Sued him for what, slander? That wouldn't have went anywhere in court because Slash didn't suffer any damages to compensate for. No one believed Axl anyway.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #239 on: May 08, 2007, 06:03:50 PM »

That means nothing to me.

Why does'nt that surprise us?

Keep looking through those "Rose" colored glasses, keep looking....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: