Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:28:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash calls new album "Ear candy for the guitar aficionado!"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash calls new album "Ear candy for the guitar aficionado!"  (Read 60269 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2007, 07:06:01 AM »

clearly you never saw GnR live then in 2006.? Did you even bother reading any of the reviews?? Robin got the best reviews out of all the guitarists there.? Go look em up. how about actually talking about Slash and waht he said about the latest album.

I was speaking about Robin as compared to Slash. But you're right. We shouldn't be talking about Robin. Now back on topic.

who the fuck cares about robin compared to Slash.? One of the guys is in GnR, the other left it.? ?Robin more than fills the spot he is in so you are right, back to the topic.

Yeah, and this is the VR section and you've been talking about your hero for pages. It doesn't matter here that Finck is playing for NIN or GN'R or Tapeworm right now. He's never been in VR, so even mentioning his name is offtopic here.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2007, 09:00:11 AM »

tell that to your fellow slash worshipper D.

maybe you slash worshippers need to find a better way to defend slash than bringing up guys in Guns N' Roses.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2007, 11:10:21 AM »

maybe you slash worshippers need to find a better way to defend slash than bringing up guys in Guns N' Roses.

You don't seem to understand that there's no need to defend Slash at all. His works over the years speak for themselves.

Certain facts about some members of the current lineup seem to get some GN'R fans in a tizzy, especially since most of the time they prove their points by referring to a dubious work, which is yet to be released and may or may not exist as far as anybody knows.

Blind impractical enthusiasm is exhilarating isn't it?

Fuck 'Em All.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »

I have the sensation that the majority of the VR fans are more focused in their shared resentment against the new guys in Guns N' Roses than in the band they supposedly worship. Now that I think it carefully, it does has sense...

Better than playing lead guitar and being bland and anonymous, don't you think?

You cant say whatever you want. But Robin is in the place that almost every guitarist in the world (including Slash) dreams to be. Bringing up Robin to this discussion only shows how resentful you are, and your total lack of true arguments to ''defend'' Slash.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2007, 12:40:20 PM »

Yeah, and this is the VR section and you've been talking about your hero for pages. It doesn't matter here that Finck is playing for NIN or GN'R or Tapeworm right now. He's never been in VR, so even mentioning his name is offtopic here.

I was in here to read about what Slash had to say and kind of got involved in this GnR vs VR conversation, which started after estebanf was attacked for making a comment to the tune of "if Let It Roll's the most aggressive song, then Libertad must be a pretty soft album" or whatever.  Then the inevitable GnR comparisons started flying.  Point is if anyone says ANYTHING less than 100% complimentary to VR on these boards then someone comes in and starts talking shit about Axl or Robin or whoever.  So uh, maybe if people don't want to talk GnR here they shouldn't bring up GnR in every argument that arises here

Anyway, I haven't heard these new VR songs except crappy live clips which I refuse to judge them on.  I'm sure Libertad will be a quality album, these guys have put a lot of time into recording it.  And I think that the chemistry between band members and lead singer will be improved, leading to a more unique sound than the last one.  If Slash indeed is bringing the blues out in full force here then everyone should be happy.  I mean wasn't that the main knock on Contraband?  Too generic, not enough trademark Slash riffs and solos?  Don't get me wrong it's a good album but I think this one will be better
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 12:41:52 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2007, 12:50:37 PM »

which started after estebanf was attacked for making a comment to the tune of "if Let It Roll's the most aggressive song, then Libertad must be a pretty soft album" or whatever.  Then the inevitable GnR comparisons started flying.

Wrong. He brought up GN'R himself by comparing the song with The Blues on CD. Read the thread properly.

Booker said nobody cared for his opinion, nothing to do with GN'R.

You guys start the trouble and then blame somebody else. Typical.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 12:54:12 PM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2007, 01:15:55 PM »

which started after estebanf was attacked for making a comment to the tune of "if Let It Roll's the most aggressive song, then Libertad must be a pretty soft album" or whatever.  Then the inevitable GnR comparisons started flying.

Wrong. He brought up GN'R himself by comparing the song with The Blues on CD. Read the thread properly.

Booker said nobody cared for his opinion, nothing to do with GN'R.

You guys start the trouble and then blame somebody else. Typical.

Uh re-read what I said.  Estenbanf made a comment, and because it was less than 100% complimentary to VR someone took offense to it and insulted him.  Then it devolved into another VR vs GnR debate.  I never mentioned who brought up Guns first.  But the argument was set off by someone insulting estebanf by saying his opinion wasn't valid, and mentioning his signature.  Apparently having a signature saying that Robin Finck's the lead guitarist for GnR is an insult to Velvet Revolver
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2007, 01:31:15 PM »

Apparently having a signature saying that Robin Finck's the lead guitarist for GnR is an insult to Velvet Revolver

Apparently you dont know what youre talking about.

He changed his signature after the post I made. 
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2007, 01:45:29 PM »

Uh re-read what I said.  Estenbanf made a comment, and because it was less than 100% complimentary to VR someone took offense to it and insulted him. 

Oh yeah, that's the real problem. estebanf's opinions about VR are well known here on the site. Booker asked him if he didn't like VR, why he posted in this section at all. Hardly an insult. I'd like to see somebody insult Axl in the GN'R section and get away with it. So, you have no argument at all.

If this is about who brings GN'R into VR topics, you can point the finger at estebanf and co.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2007, 01:51:05 PM »

you fucking slash fans make me laugh.? all you can do is bash robin to get your point across.? ? If you dont like the guys in the band now, why dont you just go to a fucking velvet revolver forum ?

here you go, i'll make it easy
http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com

Last I checked we WERE IN A VELVET REVOLVER FORUM.

Check the section Jim Bob, If u don't like the Slash talk, maybe u should stick to the GNR section? ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2007, 01:52:08 PM »

But Robin is in the place that almost every guitarist in the world (including Slash) dreams to be.

You mean spending 75% of every concert covering another guitarists material? No, I don't think that is the case with any guitarist with a high degree of artistic integrity. You would never see a Slash, Jimmy Page, Brian May, Joe Parry or any other rock legend join a band to put himself in that situation. They preferred creating legendary stuff as opposed to playing somebody elses in order to achieve their fame.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2007, 02:02:20 PM »

^
OUCH

True but OUCH! hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2007, 02:10:17 PM »

Apparently having a signature saying that Robin Finck's the lead guitarist for GnR is an insult to Velvet Revolver

Fair enough, I didn't realize he had a different sig.  What did it used to say?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2007, 02:19:38 PM »

But Robin is in the place that almost every guitarist in the world (including Slash) dreams to be.

You mean spending 75% of every concert covering another guitarists material? No, I don't think that is the case with any guitarist with a high degree of artistic integrity. You would never see a Slash, Jimmy Page, Brian May, Joe Parry or any other rock legend join a band to put himself in that situation. They preferred creating legendary stuff as opposed to playing somebody elses in order to achieve their fame.

Thats JUST because CD is not released yet. Period.

mmmhh about Slash... I saw him live a month ago and he did a setlist composed 50% by covers. None of the other 50% was ''legendary stuff'' unless you think ''Do It For The Kids'' or ''Let It Roll'' is that kind of stuff.

Guess what were the songs where the crowd got more excited  hihi

A hint: the peak in the crowd excitement was provoked by 30 years old song composed by Roger Waters (lyrics) and David Gilmour (guitars)  Roll Eyes

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2007, 02:22:36 PM »

A hint: the peak in the crowd excitement was provoked by 30 years old song composed by Roger Waters (lyrics) and David Gilmour (guitars)

Is he an official member of Pink Floyd playing 75% of David Gilmour's stuff every night? I must have missed that memo.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2007, 02:26:25 PM »

Maybe you'd like to discuss my signature in this thread too.

Or maybe somebody else's signature.

rofl

He made a comment and instead of replying to it you just say "well, I can see your signature so your opinion isn't valid"?

I can tell you right now that my opinion on the new VR album will be labeled as not valid because I think Scott is a poser.

Your and Mikkamakka's opinions on the other hand will be labeled as "objective and fair". Even though you two have proven yourselves to be huge VR (and Slash) fans.

Yet you act like you're objective. You're just as biased as everybody else.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2007, 02:30:32 PM »

A hint: the peak in the crowd excitement was provoked by 30 years old song composed by Roger Waters (lyrics) and David Gilmour (guitars)

Is he an official member of Pink Floyd playing 75% of David Gilmour's stuff every night? I must have missed that memo.

unfortunately, no.

Instead, he's doing that in Velvet Revolver

Every replacement has to do what Robin is doing at first. Brian Johnson did that, Paul Rodgers and Robert Trujillo are doing that right now. At least, they entertain the masses with their own songs... (''One'' is a Metallica song. Same for ''We Will Rock You'', for Queen. Guns N' Roses plays Guns N' Roses song except for 2 historic covers like LALD and KOHD...)

PS: about my signature, I realised it could have been offensive to VR fans and I inmediatly modified it. I didnt need any warnings of mods or Jarmo. I modified it because I wanted to do it. But using my signature as some kind of argument to reply to my [inofensive] comment about ''Let It Roll'' was ridiculous
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 02:36:36 PM by estebanf » Logged

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2007, 02:37:56 PM »

At least, they entertain the masses with their own songs...

Yeah, Live and Let Die & KOHD are Axl's songs  no

Every band plays covers. As a musician the difference is when you join an established band to replace and assume someone's role playing predominantly material that is not yours.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2007, 02:44:00 PM »

Fair enough, I didn't realize he had a different sig.? What did it used to say?

Something retarded like "Axl rose is guns n'roses, for proof buy Contraband"....
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2007, 02:54:26 PM »

At least, they entertain the masses with their own songs...

Yeah, Live and Let Die & KOHD are Axl's songs  no

Every band plays covers. As a musician the difference is when you join an established band to replace and assume someone's role playing predominantly material that is not yours.

Guns N' Roses plays Guns N' Roses song except for 2 historic covers like LALD and KOHD...)

ok

By the way, two covers in a 2:20 set is NOTHING.
6 covers in a 12/13 song set is a shameless ripoff

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: