Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:25:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash calls new album "Ear candy for the guitar aficionado!"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash calls new album "Ear candy for the guitar aficionado!"  (Read 60354 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2007, 01:57:36 PM »

Neither will ever reach the levels of success/acclaim apart than they did together, it just won't happen. 

That fact is what makes it so funny that people around here like to boast about either VR or New GNR's music being better than the others. It is like they are proud to be considered the more mediocre version of the original Guns.

Neither band has written a darn thing that will supplant any of the original GNR's best tunes anytime soon. So arguing between who is the better of the 2 is like arguing who is the first best loser. It's just stupid. Until one of them pens a song that supplants Jungle, PC, SCOM, or NR in the hearts and minds of the general public both bands are essentially failures because it just proves that Axl & Slash needed eachother to make their best music and bring the best out of eachother.
Don't forget about Izzy..

No one ever seems to want to give Izzy the credit he's due.  But check the writing credits and it's easy to see how important he was  peace
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2007, 04:02:13 PM »

I think I understand what you're saying now, but I'm still not sure your point of all this.

You think Slash should lie and say "there's more aggressive songs on here than Let It Roll" to sell his upcoming album, but be honest and say "don't come to our crap live show". Huh

For example, Slash could have said this: ''You guys think Let It Roll is aggressive? Well, wait to hear X, Y & Z songs, because they will blow your mind''

That way, you not only are promoting Let It Roll, but also three more songs that people dont know and are not going to know until they buy the album. If you want to know how much more aggresive we can play, find it out buying the album.

But I already know what is the limit of ''Libertad'' aggressiveness. A song that I barely find aggresive.

And I know it's all down to personal opinion, but I had a fantastic time at the two Sydney shows they played here in 2005. The band sounded awesome and had great crowd interaction, and all the songs they played sounded great, even Wish You Were Here.

Great for you. Maybe VR doesnt feel confortable playing in front of 60.000 people that will not understand Weiland's ultra deep rants like it happened here in Argentina.

If there is one thing that the 60.000 people at the River Plate Stadium is going to remember is the god damn Weiland's megaphone.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2007, 04:18:13 PM »

I think I understand what you're saying now, but I'm still not sure your point of all this.

You think Slash should lie and say "there's more aggressive songs on here than Let It Roll" to sell his upcoming album, but be honest and say "don't come to our crap live show". Huh

For example, Slash could have said this: ''You guys think Let It Roll is aggressive? Well, wait to hear X, Y & Z songs, because they will blow your mind''

That way, you not only are promoting Let It Roll, but also three more songs that people dont know and are not going to know until they buy the album. If you want to know how much more aggresive we can play, find it out buying the album.

But I already know what is the limit of ''Libertad'' aggressiveness. A song that I barely find aggresive.

And I know it's all down to personal opinion, but I had a fantastic time at the two Sydney shows they played here in 2005. The band sounded awesome and had great crowd interaction, and all the songs they played sounded great, even Wish You Were Here.

Great for you. Maybe VR doesnt feel confortable playing in front of 60.000 people that will not understand Weiland's ultra deep rants like it happened here in Argentina.

If there is one thing that the 60.000 people at the River Plate Stadium is going to remember is the god damn Weiland's megaphone.

Jesus Christ, why the hell do you care so much, get a fucking life.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2007, 04:39:09 PM »

Slash has written some classic songs as well

Can you tell me three of these songs? (They need to be written by him)

So you snivel about your inability to effectively communicate in English, yet you attack somebody else for their semantics?? Youre not even consistent in your insults towards other posters.

You need to know that I perfectly speak spanish. Moreover, I manage to make me understand in english. I think its quite good, I mean, could you discuss this same subjet with me in spanish? So I dont think its funny to make jokes on the way I write in english, when you had lots of other things to quote from my post than this. You chose to quote this to feel you're so smart... good for you.

If you want to discuss how good am I at english, MSN me. If you want to discuss why Slash has never made a classic without Axl, why Slash one day says one thing, a week later another, why you look incredibly ridicule trying to make comparisons between Axl Rose classics/songwriting skills with ... Scott Weiland, then stick to the topic and get rid of your jokes about my english skills.

Slash made the music to SCOM Wink? that is something he done and l hate to see fuckheads like Finck ruin it Angry

I quite enjoy Finck on SCOM.? I dare say I'm feeling his version moreso than the original.

(hey you brought Robin into this, not me)

WOW my point made right there.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2007, 05:08:55 PM »

Slash has written some classic songs as well

Can you tell me three of these songs? (They need to be written by him)

So you snivel about your inability to effectively communicate in English, yet you attack somebody else for their semantics?? Youre not even consistent in your insults towards other posters.

You need to know that I perfectly speak spanish. Moreover, I manage to make me understand in english. I think its quite good, I mean, could you discuss this same subjet with me in spanish? So I dont think its funny to make jokes on the way I write in english, when you had lots of other things to quote from my post than this. You chose to quote this to feel you're so smart... good for you.

If you want to discuss how good am I at english, MSN me. If you want to discuss why Slash has never made a classic without Axl, why Slash one day says one thing, a week later another, why you look incredibly ridicule trying to make comparisons between Axl Rose classics/songwriting skills with ... Scott Weiland, then stick to the topic and get rid of your jokes about my english skills.

Slash made the music to SCOM Wink? that is something he done and l hate to see fuckheads like Finck ruin it Angry

I quite enjoy Finck on SCOM.? I dare say I'm feeling his version moreso than the original.

(hey you brought Robin into this, not me)

WOW my point made right there.

And what point would that be?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2007, 06:35:02 PM »

So tiresome to read some trolls hijacking every thread in the VR section.  Undecided   If you can't stay ontopic, get away from the thread... or the mods should delete these shitty posts just like they're doing it in the 'current GN'R' section. Ooops, I forgot that some people here have only one aim in their mind: don't let VR be discussed here.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2007, 07:08:58 PM »

So tiresome to read some trolls hijacking every thread in the VR section.  Undecided   If you can't stay ontopic, get away from the thread... or the mods should delete these shitty posts just like they're doing it in the 'current GN'R' section. Ooops, I forgot that some people here have only one aim in their mind: don't let VR be discussed here.

I second that, it seems that just about every thread in the VR section imediately goes to shit and just turns into some big pointless agruement after about five posts.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2007, 09:10:10 PM »

Point is Jim Bob is one of the new fans who try to discredit and crap on the original members to make the new band seem more worthy or greater than they are.

Sayin he prefers Finck's SCOM over the guy who wrote it to me is blasphemous.

That would be like saying u prefer Adler's Appetite singer's SCOM vocals over Axl's. Its just Wrong on so many levels.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2007, 01:25:48 AM »

Point is Jim Bob is one of the new fans who try to discredit and crap on the original members to make the new band seem more worthy or greater than they are.

That would be like saying u prefer Adler's Appetite singer's SCOM vocals over Axl's. Its just Wrong on so many levels.

I agree, but we shouldn't care about these kind of posts. Just neglect these guys and stay ontopic, so we can discuss what we think about VR, good or bad. Don't reply to the trolls...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2007, 03:29:09 AM »

Its not blasphemous.  ITS MY FUCKING OPINION.   Its not disrespecting anyone to prefer a version of a song over another.   Get your head out of Slash's ass.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2007, 03:46:29 AM »

Its not blasphemous.  ITS MY FUCKING OPINION.   Its not disrespecting anyone to prefer a version of a song over another.   Get your head out of Slash's ass.

Of course, it's your opinion, but I'm sure you'll have most people wondering if you're tone deaf. Finck can't even do the bends properly on the solos. Of course, this is all live, so I'll refrain from further comment until they release a re-recorded AFD.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2007, 04:59:02 AM »

Dont get me wrong Finck is a good guitarist but saying he plays it better than Slash when Slash is the guy who actually wrote the notes he is playing to me is ridiculous.

I can play SCOM note for note does that mean I am as good? HELL NO.

Anyhow My apologies for dragging this off topic further but I do Idolize Slash just as much as I do Axl and I always feel compelled to defend him just as I defend Axl against things I feel to be bullshit.

On Topic:

All I can hope for is that Slash gets a chance to shine properly on this album.

GeraldFord
« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2007, 05:35:46 AM »

an educated guess would say STP has more songs on more playlists nationwide than GNR.

I don't think that's the case.

And related to that:

What does it tell you that Contraband was very successful and Army of Anyone and STP's last album bombed?

Maybe the general public is more interested in GN'R and a band featuring former members of GN'R than STP.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 05:43:53 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
GeraldFord
« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2007, 05:53:44 AM »

Its not blasphemous.? ITS MY FUCKING OPINION.? ?Its not disrespecting anyone to prefer a version of a song over another.? ?Get your head out of Slash's ass.
At this point I don't think you can compare Slash with Finck.

Slash-Seven studio albums, a covers album, a live album. A r'r icon for two decades.

Finck-Has played Reznor and old-school GN'R's songs his whole career. Is featured on a couple of demos floating around.

I like Finck a lot and think he has the potential to be a guitar hero...but he isn't there yet.

Until then it's fruitless to compare Mr. Finck with Mr. Hudson.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2007, 05:55:59 AM »

At this point I don't think you can compare Slash with Finck.

Slash-Seven studio albums, a covers album, a live album. A r'r icon for two decades.

Finck-Has played Reznor and old-school GN'R's songs his whole career. Is featured on a couple of demos floating around.

I like Finck a lot and think he has the potential to be a guitar hero...but he isn't there yet.

Until then it's fruitless to compare Mr. Finck with Mr. Hudson.

accomplishments have nothing to do with something sounding more pleasing to my ears.  I just like his style better.  Is that a crime?  am I a blasphmer?  Roll Eyes
GeraldFord
« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2007, 06:07:37 AM »

accomplishments have nothing to do with something sounding more pleasing to my ears.  I just like his style better.  Is that a crime?  am I a blasphmer?
Saying you prefer Finck's take on Slash's solos is different from saying Finck is a superior guitarist.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2007, 08:56:38 AM »

What does it tell you that Contraband was very successful and Army of Anyone and STP's last album bombed?

Maybe the general public is more interested in GN'R and a band featuring former members of GN'R than STP.

The Weiland-less ex-GNR bands disprove that theory, dont they?

Talk Show failed to break out in '98; STP released a record a year later that has sold over a million copies.  So the explanation youve proposed is an easy, but specious, one.  The real explanation has more to do with the DeLeo brothers (and Richard Patrick) being much lower-in-profile than Scott and the GNR members, and subsequently less marketable; but thats always been the case.  I would personally that VRs music is better as well, but thats secondary.

accomplishments have nothing to do with something sounding more pleasing to my ears.  I just like his style better.  Is that a crime?  am I a blasphmer?

So you would understand if somebody preferred Scott Weilands "Its So Easy" vocals to Axls?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 09:00:57 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2007, 09:45:56 AM »

Saying you prefer Finck's take on Slash's solos is different from saying Finck is a superior guitarist.

didn't say anything about who is superior.   Although Robin is my favorite guitarist, so in my opinion he is.  He may not have accomplished as much, but I enjoy his playing more than $la$h

well here.. this was the quote taht got all these $la$h nuthuggers all in a hissy fit.  and i only said it because someone decided to bring him into this thread bashing him.  I really dont see how Finck fits into this thread at all.
I quite enjoy Finck on SCOM.  I dare say I'm feeling his version moreso than the original.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2007, 09:48:29 AM »

the above is my personal opinion

the world does not revolve around slash and some people will like other guitar players better.  get used to it.  ok
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2007, 11:39:22 AM »

Ah, it's nice to read an extended GNR/VR debate that hasn't been shut down by a mod. And, for the record, I have to side with the VR fans on this one.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: