Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:26:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash calls new album "Ear candy for the guitar aficionado!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash calls new album "Ear candy for the guitar aficionado!"  (Read 60248 times)
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2007, 01:50:15 PM »

so wait, is the album coming out in May now or did they just mess that up.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2007, 01:51:27 PM »

estebanf, you are no doubt entitled to your opinion, but you are just running in circles with your answers here. hihi

Give it up already. ok

Probably. You dont have idea of how hard is for me to say my exact thoughts in another language besides my own one. I could probably say it better in spanish, but no one would understand me. I have a very difficult time trying to understand what is the exact meaning of, for example, ''hard rocking'', because there is not an expression like that in spanish. When I talk about hard rock, Im talking about a musical genre.

In just a few words, these are my thoughts. I cant quote Booker Floyd, I cant try to respond him sentence by sentence because there are lots of words and expressions I dont know. Language limitations:

* Let It Roll is not a song to be included in the hard rock genre. Examples of hard rock songs [genre]: Thunderstruck, Psycho Circus, Smoke On The Water, One, etc. I think this is not a matter of opinions: ''Like A Virgin'' is pop, no matter what your/my opinion could be.

* Aggresive songs can be found in almost all musical genres, not only in hard rock [genre] songs. ''Give It Away'' is aggresive. Faith No More's ''Epic'' is aggresive. Rolling Stones' ''You Got Me Rocking'' is an aggresive song. None of them could be included in the hard rock music genre.

* If artists want to sell more records, they should be very careful with what they say before releasing an album. What if Slash back in 1991 had said ''My World is the [insert superlative here] of the album'' before the album release, and My World were played live or intentionally leaked before it? Its NOT the song the problem. The problem is that you're allowing people to speculate, simply because they already know the song, and now they now that that song is the best at at least one aspect: aggressiveness. If you were expecting for aggressiveness (like me), and you dont find that song aggresive (like me), you have to feel necesarilly dissapointed (like me). Not in this forum, but for example I've read 3 posts exactly with my same thoughts. Well, now we are, without any need, 4 dissapointed people, 4 copies sold less.

* Slash's/Matt best virtue never was credibility/honesty. A month ago, there was an interview of Slash saying that ''there will be no more GNR songs in our setlist''. Last VR show, Weiland said another completely different thing. Matt said that Contraband was the best album he has ever recorded. You need to be nuts to believe him. The single ''Live And Let Die/Live And Let Die (Live)/Shadow of Your Love'' was recorded by Matt, and just that is already better than Contraband, and I am 100% sure Matt knows it. But he was smart enough to say a little white lie to try to excite people.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »

The single ''Live And Let Die/Live And Let Die (Live)/Shadow of Your Love'' was recorded by Matt, and just that is already better than Contraband,

Stating opinion as fact on subjective subject matter such as music is again, goofy. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2007, 02:05:12 PM »

The single ''Live And Let Die/Live And Let Die (Live)/Shadow of Your Love'' was recorded by Matt, and just that is already better than Contraband,

Stating opinion as fact on subjective subject matter such as music is again, goofy. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2007, 02:10:43 PM »

Stating opinion as fact on subjective subject matter such as music is again, goofy

What about this? Is this ''subjective'' and ''goofy''?

About Slash's credibility:

In an interview with Rock & Pop  radio in Chile, Slash, said that after the South American Tour, they are not going to play
Guns N Roses, or Stone Temple Pilots songs.

http://www.rockandpop.cl/scripts/rp/archivo/template.asp?/2007/04/fotos_velvet/velvet
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=45020.0

May 4
Hollywood, CA Show Info

Thanks to Josh, here's the set list for last night's show at the Avalon in Hollywood, CA: Let It Roll, Do It For The Kids, Sucker Train Blues, Superhuman, The Last Fight, She Mine, Fall To Pieces, Just Sixteen, Vasoline, Get Out The Door, She Builds Quick Machines, Set Me Free, Wish You Were Here, Used To Love Her, Psycho Killer, Slither.

http://velvet-revolver.com/index.php?p=news#n070504_1

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2007, 02:14:59 PM »

Stating opinion as fact on subjective subject matter such as music is again, goofy

What about this? Is this ''subjective'' and ''goofy''?

What does that have to do with your silly statement?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2007, 02:20:54 PM »

Slash's credibility?, Gimme a break scott and probably the rest of the band still wanted to play the songs, Slash didn't and he was probably overruled that's called democracy. I know that's a concept you're not familiar with when your favourite band is guns n'roses...

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2007, 02:24:41 PM »

Are you not a mod? I bet if Esteban said that to you, you would have slapped him with negative karma. Stop with the double standards man.  Tongue
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2007, 02:25:19 PM »

when your favourite band is guns n'roses...

This is a Guns N' Roses message board ruled by one (or various) Guns N' Roses fan(s)... who doesn't have GNR as favourite band here? Are you kidding me?  Huh

I dont care about democracy in a band. I want good music. If good music needs a dictatorship inside a band, well, who cares?

Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2007, 02:27:09 PM »

How can moderators of this section can stand all the shit their boss Jarmo say on one of their favorite bands (i guess) ?no

I can't wait for Libertad, what Slash said is very promising ?ok
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2007, 02:29:22 PM »

Who doesn't have GNR as favourite band here? Are you kidding me?? Huh

I dont care about democracy in a band. I want good music. If good music needs a dictatorship inside a band, well, who cares?

Queen is my favourite band, Guns is a good second...

That's officially the stupidest post I've ever read, Good job ?ok
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2007, 02:34:56 PM »

It's too ironic that an Axl Rose' s sentinel criticize to Slash about his "CREDIBILITY".

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2007, 02:35:13 PM »

Are you not a mod? I bet if Esteban said that to you, you would have slapped him with negative karma. Stop with the double standards man.? Tongue

I hope you were being sarcastic..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2007, 02:43:55 PM »

Who doesn't have GNR as favourite band here? Are you kidding me?  Huh

Queen is my favourite band, Guns is a good second...

That's officially the stupidest post I've ever read, Good job  ok

Cool. Stay with your ''democracy'' (the inclusion of that word to exemplify a rock band metodology is already very stupid, and suggests me that you do not have a fucking idea of the meaning of that complex word) and keep listening to mediocre songs. How many people said in this forum that Guns N' Roses was an Axl Rose ''dictatorship'' in the illusion era? Well, I prefer that ''dictatorship'' with songs like Estranged, November Rain, Breakdown, Dead Horse, etc and not a ''democracy'' with crap songs like ''Spectacle'', ''Come On Come In'' or ''Let It Roll''.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2007, 05:42:58 PM »

Genesis, please pay attention to who brought up Axl in this thread!

I sure as hell didn't, but I guess it's my fault because I compared Slash's comments to Scott's. Both are in VR, but I guess that's not allowed either?

Let's see how you can turn this one against me.

I've given up, you know. It's pointless basically. Like trying to separate two Siamese twins joined at the head. So I'll just sit and watch.

Now, Fight!

No, come on, tell him he's pathetic.

I mean, this has nothing to do with Axl and look at him.

He just keeps going and going.

so wait, is the album coming out in May now or did they just mess that up.

No, I guess the record company decided to push it back to a date in July when there's no competition so they can get to #1.

Booker keep quoting, I know you love Scott and will have to try to discredit Axl and/or me by using quotes from 20-15 years ago and taking things out of context.

The biggest difference between Axl saying something and Scott saying something is that one has the talent to actually write a classic song.

Time has proven Axl was right. NR is a classic. Not only the guitar solo or the song itself, even the video is a classic music video. Nothing Scott has made comes close and I don't think he suddenly learned how to write songs in that caliber. So maybe 20 years ago I would've thought Axl's comments were funny, but after they released AFD which was filled with instant classics (unlike Contraband), it wasn't that far fetched that their next album might contain at least one song that people would remember 15 years later.

Now I hope a mod here will tell you to stick to discussing VR in the VR section and I assume Genesis will call your attempts of hijacking this thread pathetic or something similar.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 05:49:39 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2007, 06:01:44 PM »

Are you not a mod? I bet if Esteban said that to you, you would have slapped him with negative karma. Stop with the double standards man.  Tongue

I wasn't being sarcastic no, but I was joking.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2007, 06:51:13 PM »

Booker keep quoting, I know you love Scott and will have to try to discredit Axl and/or me by using quotes from 20-15 years ago and taking things out of context.

1. How am I discrediting Axl?

2. How did I take anything out of context?

The biggest difference between Axl saying something and Scott saying something is that one has the talent to actually write a classic song.

And rationale keeps on "evolving"...

First it was the mere principle of comparing a new album to a classic one that seemed to bother you, but now we see that it wasnt about principle at all; it was just another opportunity to take a lazy shot at a singer you dont like. 

Slash has written some classic songs as well, yet you praised him for not comparing  them to the classics; if the standard is now whether one is capable of writing a classic song (in your opinion, anyway), Slash would be perfectly justified, wouldnt he? 

But since Slash and Duff both wrote those GNR classics, and they belong to Scotts band, then the talent for classic songs is there, isnt it? 

And while you might counter that Europeans never caught on, Scotts songs ("Sex Type Thing," "Plush," "Interstate Love Song," and others) are indeed classics in his, and GNRs, home country.  They were not only huge hits during their times, theyre in constant radio rotation over 10 years later.  As much as GNR, in fact.

Time has proven Axl was right.

Thats not the point.  He made those statements before the song was heard.

Nothing Scott has made comes close and I don't think he suddenly learned how to write songs in that caliber.

Again, this is only your opinion; steady radio play 10-15 years later suggests the contrary.

Now I hope a mod here will tell you to stick to discussing VR in the VR section and I assume Genesis will call your attempts of hijacking this thread pathetic or something similar

You brought up Scotts comments; I illustrated that such boasting isnt unprecedented and your initial argument crumbled, so I cant blame you for hoping for moderator intervention.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2007, 07:00:40 PM »

Stay with your ''democracy'' (the inclusion of that word to exemplify a rock band metodology is already very stupid, and suggests me that you do not have a fucking idea of the meaning of that complex word)

Huh

Probably. You dont have idea of how hard is for me to say my exact thoughts in another language besides my own one. I could probably say it better in spanish, but no one would understand me. I have a very difficult time trying to understand what is the exact meaning of, for example, ''hard rocking'', because there is not an expression like that in spanish.

So you snivel about your inability to effectively communicate in English, yet you attack somebody else for their semantics?  Youre not even consistent in your insults towards other posters.  hihi

By the way, you said that youd seen someone describe "Let It Roll" as "horrible."  Can you show us who said that?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 07:02:38 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2007, 07:18:54 PM »

Slash has written some classic songs as well

Can you tell me three of these songs? (They need to be written by him)

So you snivel about your inability to effectively communicate in English, yet you attack somebody else for their semantics?  Youre not even consistent in your insults towards other posters.

You need to know that I perfectly speak spanish. Moreover, I manage to make me understand in english. I think its quite good, I mean, could you discuss this same subjet with me in spanish? So I dont think its funny to make jokes on the way I write in english, when you had lots of other things to quote from my post than this. You chose to quote this to feel you're so smart... good for you.

If you want to discuss how good am I at english, MSN me. If you want to discuss why Slash has never made a classic without Axl, why Slash one day says one thing, a week later another, why you look incredibly ridicule trying to make comparisons between Axl Rose classics/songwriting skills with ... Scott Weiland, then stick to the topic and get rid of your jokes about my english skills.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2007, 07:41:15 PM »

Are you not a mod? I bet if Esteban said that to you, you would have slapped him with negative karma. Stop with the double standards man.? Tongue

I wasn't being sarcastic no, but I was joking.

Tongue in cheek is good. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: